PDA

View Full Version : Rip 'em a new one Danica

tsafficianado
05-25-2007, 05:47 AM
The Indy 500 has lost a little of its glory since the split from Champ cars but it's still the premier sports spectacle in the US and here's hoping
This one is Danica's!
A podium of Danica, Milka and Sarah....now THAT would be something!

Saw a bit on CNBC tonight comparing Danica to some of the other sports hotties that have never won the big one, how absurd. Danica is up against 6 or 7 guys (Wheldon, Hoirnish, Kanaan, Castroneves, Franchitti and a couple of others) that are some of the best drivers in the world, and the odds on any weekend of beating ALL of them are pretty slim. On the other hand, there are 6 or 7 series regulars that CANNOT beat her (Carpenter, Foyt IV and Matsuura to name a few). Danica is a fantastic driver, a dedicated professional and a classy lady and it is ridiculous that people want to discredit her just because she has supermodel looks. She may never win Indy but there is no one out there who WANTS it more than her and I hope she gets it.

White_Male_Canada
05-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Uhhh, nope. IRL is commonly refered to as the Inferior Racing League.

All they have is some chick driving around in a bikini. And she just ain`t that good a driver. But then driving in a circle doesn`t take much skill.

The best drivers do not compete at the Speedway anymore. Stopped watching it long long ago.

tsafficianado
05-26-2007, 12:22 AM
tell us o great one, when was the last time you drove anything 230 mph in a circle, straight line or otherwise? clam up yer pie hole and strap y'self into a 1700 lb car with 800 ponies and show us what YOU can do. you think wheldon or helio or tony or sam aren't some of the best drivers in the world? think again. if they strapped you into a kiddie seat in danica's ride for three laps at speed you would die of dehydration from all the crap you would spill in yer knickers.

White_Male_Canada
05-26-2007, 12:55 AM
tell us o great one, when was the last time you drove anything 230 mph in a circle, straight line or otherwise? clam up yer pie hole and strap y'self into a 1700 lb car with 800 ponies and show us what YOU can do. you think wheldon or helio or tony or sam aren't some of the best drivers in the world? think again. if they strapped you into a kiddie seat in danica's ride for three laps at speed you would die of dehydration from all the crap you would spill in yer knickers.

And just how many drivers who go round in a circle matriculate to the top of open wheel racing, F-1 ?

Hmmm? None, that`s how many. But real drivers go from CHAMP to F-1 and from F-1 to CHAMP.

So please, don`t even try argue how so much better drivers are who do nothing but race in a circle are. There`s no debate.

All the Indy 500 is is a reason for people to drink beer and eat hotdogs. It is not a racers race and never will be until Tony George is run outta town on a rail.

tsafficianado
05-26-2007, 04:21 AM
the name juan pablo montoya must be new to you, huh?
F1 is the technological pinnacle no doubt, but just as one doesn't want to limit one's diet to filet mignon i choose to enjoy all of the motorsports, F1, Champ, Indy, Nascar, MotoGP, AMA Superbike/Supersport. Some might argue that F1 is limited in the sense that NO ONE ever passes in an F1 race, pretty exciting huh?
the question posed to you was YOUR experience driving a race car AT THE LIMIT whether on an oval or a road circuit or a street circuit as opposed to passing judgement on something you've only 'experienced' floundered on the couch amid beer cans and chip bags(i suppose you are also unaware that Indy cars now race on street circuits).
MY experience includes 4 years roadracing Superbikes including a third in the National Finals some years ago, several turns in Porsche and Mazda endurance races and a brief test in a full bore Busch car. I have been tossed off a superbike at 140 (mph not kph) and climbed back on two weeks later so I have a pretty intimate knowledge of the immediacy of the penalty you pay when you misjudge the limit even slightly. I lost two good friends to 'the limits'. On Sunday the 33 drivers will face that test 800 times in an afternoon. Your adolescent suggestion that Indy drivers 'go in a circle' is absurd....Indy is not a circle, it is a rectangle with 4 turns.....a road race has turns in both directions, big deal, and is complicated with varying cambers, elevation changes, turn combinations and such but all pavement races are the same matter of a driver pitting his/her skills and the capability of the machine against the challenges of the course they are on at that moment.
My guess is that, in matched Indy cars, Danica could lap you on a street circuit in 3 laps.....but when it comes to pushing your pie hole to the limit you are certainly the king.
By the way, if you'll get someone with fundamental reading skills to check my first post you will see that I merely commented that Indy is still the premier sports spectacle in the US and THAT is an accurate statement. I went on to compare Danica's abilities to the drivers with whom she competes and suggested that Dario Franchitti and Helio Castroneves and Dan Hornish and Tony Kanaan are SOME of the best race car drivers in the world. I will stand by that statement. Personally I have no doubt that, had he been bred on that path, Helio would have made an exceptionally competitive F1 driver.

White_Male_Canada
05-26-2007, 04:39 AM
the name juan pablo montoya must be new to you, huh?

IRL has chosen to stick mainly to ovals to draw in the "fans". Well I`ve seen the throngs that flock into the stands, it`s embarassing.

Montoya:

-94 dodge Barber
-95 Formula Vauxhall
-96 British Formula 3
-97 Formula 300
-99 CART

-00 CART crossover to the one time Indy 500 race with J.Vasser. CART driver Montoya wins 500 to go with his CART driver championship.

-01 F-1 Williams
-07 NASCAR

Fact is, IRL is an inferior product to CHAMP as CHAMP is to F-1. That`s the way they stack up and that`s all there is to it.