PDA

View Full Version : For The Ladies: Is It Bias, Or A Misunderstanding?

TJ347
05-25-2007, 05:03 AM
While I am probably one of the last people on this board anyone would expect to say this given some of the "dialogues" I've had with a couple people in the time I've been here (I am working on being more "positive"), why is it that so often, when someone here expresses certain opinions, they get slammed for it? I'm relating this to the girls here specifically, so please give me a moment to clarify...
When it comes to expressing an opinion on most things, few of us have a wealth of knowledge about that which we speak, just like those people who say things here that prove undeniably that they know little to nothing about the transgendered community. While I can see that this lack of knowledge, evident by the use of terms such as "shim", "shemale", etcetera, are offensive to the overwhelming majority of women here, wouldn't it be better to try to look at the situation as an opportunity to educate people?
Sure, some people here say things for the sole purpose of stirring things up and should be ignored, but sometimes poor wording masks great questions that many men here I'm sure would like to ask, but are pretty much afraid too. I have to believe most of the men here are here because they want to know who you ladies are and what you're about, and attempting to do this ultimately brings us back to your status as transgendered. I'd suspect (and I'm sure rightly so) that many, if not most men here, even those such as myself who've interacted with TGs for several years, don't really understand much about the lives you women live or what you go through, and one of the reasons I personally don't is because nearly any question I've asked a girl about transgenderism (beyond the obvious) is a powderkeg that quickly blows up in my face as soon as it's put out there.
While I can use terms that are acceptable to transwomen, some questions cannot be put in what you'd call "pleasing" terms... and yet, I want to know the answers to them, as many men do. I guess what I'm basically trying to say is, before jumping on someone as an idiot or another bigot, could you ladies do me the favor (and yes, I know you don't owe me any favors, but still...) of taking a minute to read over some of the questions or statements people make here regarding TGs, as while some of these posts suffer from having few well chosen words, many are nonetheless valid questions that would go a good ways in helping a lot of the non-transgendered people on this board in understanding you, both as individuals, and collectively.
That's all I've got. Sorry for being so damned wordy. :oops:

Now broken down into near bite-size chunks! Hope you can follow the train of thought, although I did veer off course slightly here and there...

whatsupwithat
05-25-2007, 06:20 AM
hey man...can you break that up into smaller paragraphs...damn hard to read or follow your train of thought. what? it's an opinion! :)

TJ347
05-25-2007, 06:32 AM
Fine, fine. I'll break it up. Of course, even so, it'll be just as long as it is now, so I don't see the point... but what the hell. :x

whatsupwithat
05-25-2007, 06:42 AM
good point.

i think everything i've learned so far has been through trial and error...lots and lots of errors. :)