PDA

View Full Version : Toyota get a fuckin clue.....................

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-22-2007, 02:14 AM
Why can't they make this
http://www.japanparts.com/shop/pic/cars/prius.jpg

Look like this

http://www.gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2006/12/1toyota.concept.f34.500.jpg

I mean someone out there in Toyota has to realize that if they called that concept the Prius and put it in the center of any of their showrooms they'd sell a ton of em like they're selling the Scions.......................

just my .02

ILuvGurls
05-22-2007, 02:16 AM
have to agree.

Kabuki
05-22-2007, 02:23 AM
The original concept cars are usually better than what actually makes it to the showroom. Ford really needs to get a clue. At their current sales rate, Ford probably won't be around in 20 yrs.

specialk
05-22-2007, 02:24 AM
At $3.50 a gallon for gas they could sell em if the looked like this>>>>

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-22-2007, 02:31 AM
[b]mind you I drive BMW's but still.......................

you hit it on the head with Ford

they have a Focus RS I'm sure I posted elsewhere on HA that will never hit US shores, not the 1st time Ford has done this but I just think they've gone too far

the Focus was a rival to the ever popular Civic line from Honda

the RS was a direct challenge to the Si, and the current RS practically a Volvo with a mean turbo easily would've given Americans something to say "gotcha Japan" regardless of the cars family roots

http://www.caranddriver.com/assets/image/2006/Q4/10202006123814.jpg
http://www.caranddriver.com/assets/image/2006/Q4/10202006123728.jpg

muhmuh
05-22-2007, 02:34 AM
why would they bother if it still only has an mpg rating that has a hard time competing with any modern diesel ?

TJ347
05-22-2007, 02:35 AM
Why can't they make this

Look like this

I mean someone out there in Toyota has to realize that if they called that concept the Prius and put it in the center of any of their showrooms they'd sell a ton of em like they're selling the Scions.......................

just my .02

When that car comes to market, which it will I'm sure, it'll look far different from the prototype/concept and feature materials that are far less costly in order to increase the company's profit margin, as is always the case. As for the redesign you'll see, that will be to increase the car's appeal to a more diverse number of potential customers, as not everyone finds the concept's bodywork appealing. For example, me.

TJ347
05-22-2007, 02:38 AM
By the way, JWBL... What BMW do you drive? And what do you think about the "baby" Bimmers of Europe? Would you pay $30,000+ for one of these?

BeardedOne
05-22-2007, 02:41 AM
Oddly, I think the Prius is one bangin' design, Yet, I am the same guy that thinks an Ahrens-Fox Piston Pump truck is cool (Damn thing looks like a plumber's drug-induced nightmare).

Granted, the US auto industry hasn't a clue (Not since Raymond Loewy and Senator E.L. Cord passed away), so all the posing in the world (And "in the world" is how they need to compete) ain't gonna help.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-22-2007, 02:42 AM

Since this is a topic that revolves around the future of us drivers I want to say this

Diesel fuel gets a bum rap here in the states

When I was in Europe that shit was everywhere. Here maybe every 7th station, and even then it's more expensive per gallon than super unleaded i.e. 93+ unleaded

So many car companies have made diesel engines about ½ the size of a gasoline engine paired with 1 or 2 turbos or 1 supercharger that can hang with or outperform their gasoline counterparts, I think it's sad we can't get them here..............

specialk
05-22-2007, 02:55 AM

Since this is a topic that revolves around the future of us drivers I want to say this

Diesel fuel gets a bum rap here in the states

When I was in Europe that shit was everywhere. Here maybe every 7th station, and even then it's more expensive per gallon than super unleaded i.e. 93+ unleaded

So many car companies have made diesel engines about ½ the size of a gasoline engine paired with 1 or 2 turbos or 1 supercharger that can hang with or outperform their gasoline counterparts, I think it's sad we can't get them here..............

Diesel is OK in the near term, but the future is hydrogen, and we should of had it available 20 yrs.ago.

American car makers are the best at giving drivers what they want...style, power, doodads. Japan is best at giving drivers what they need...value, dependability, economy. when someone comes along and decides to give us all of these things, he will own the world!

Quinn
05-22-2007, 02:55 AM
I know this isn't directly on topic, but it's as good as any place. That said, here goes. What the fuck is with Hyundai and the new ads comparing their product to brands like Land Rover, Mercedes, BMW, and Lexus? Get the fuck out of hear. You can run all the ads you want, but your product still sucks and will never be a viable alternative for people looking to buy that class of car. Talk about delusions of grandeur.

In the spirit of this thread, I would like to add the following: Hyundai, get a fucking clue.

-Quinn

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-22-2007, 02:59 AM
By the way, JWBL... What BMW do you drive? And what do you think about the "baby" Bimmers of Europe? Would you pay $30,000+ for one of these?

I drive an M3. Would I pay $30k for the 1 series? Hell No. But that's just me, I don't like the 1 series. LOL, for $30k I'd just get the last year of the late model M3 drop top buy the hardtop option and call it a day.

Shit for $30+k there's a bunch of cars to consider.
the R32 (I love this little hatch)
http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2006/2006-Volkswagen-R32-Blue-RA-1280x960.jpg

the WRX Sti Limited
http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2007/2007-Subaru-Impreza-WRX-STI-FA-Limited-Street-1024x768.jpg

and thats only scratching the surface

the Saturn Sky Roadster (only if it comes in Hybrid form)
http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2007/2007-Saturn-Sky-Roadster-SA-1024x768.jpg

the Evo X
http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2008/2008-Mitsubishi-Lancer-Evolution-X-Front-And-Side-1024x768.jpg

TJ347
05-22-2007, 02:59 AM
I know this isn't directly on topic, but it's as good as any place. That said, here goes. What the fuck is with Hyundai and the new ads comparing their product to brands like Land Rover, Mercedes, BMW, and Lexus? Get the fuck out of hear. You can run all the ads you want, but your product still sucks and will never be a viable alternative for people looking to buy that class of car. Talk about delusions of grandeur.

-Quinn

Driven an Azera? No, huh. Well, test drive one, and tell me Hyundai isn't on the cusp of moving into Lexus territory. That's all I've got to say. Oh, and by the way, if Ford goes through with oft rumored plans to sell Land Rover, what company has the money to buy it, other than Toyota and Honda, which have no need of Land Rover? Exactly! The Excel is long dead, people! Hyundai's movin' on up!

TJ347
05-22-2007, 03:03 AM
the Saturn Sky Roadster (only if it comes in Hybrid form)
http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2007/2007-Saturn-Sky-Roadster-SA-1024x768.jpg
[/b]

The Saturn Sky is, of course, a rebadged Opel/Vauxhall, like all modern Saturns are, though selling here I'm told for a higher price because Americans have more disposable income per capita. Don't know if that last part's true, but I do know that if gas was $10 a gallon, we'd all still be driving...

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-22-2007, 03:06 AM

-Quinn

Driven an Azera? No, huh. Well, test drive one, and tell me Hyundai isn't on the cusp of moving into Lexus territory. That's all I've got to say. Oh, and by the way, if Ford goes through with oft rumored plans to sell Land Rover, what company has the money to buy it, other than Toyota and Honda, which have no need of Land Rover? Exactly! The Excel is long dead, people! Hyundai's movin' on up!

Quinn I said the same thing months ago on HA, I agree. TJ I've seen the Azera and it is a good looking hyundai. I was shocked when I saw it actually it's completely opposite what I'm used to from them. Hyundai has always made a strong motor, but their shells looked like crap, IMO. Worldwide that Azera would probably be a good find, but here in "bigger means better" Hyundai will have to build a much larger vehicle to (and i hate saying this) compete with Lexus, the Germans, and the Americans..........

TJ347
05-22-2007, 03:09 AM
You're right JWBL, and they will. By the way, if you should get a minute, look for pics of the upcoming Hyundai sports sedan, the first rear wheel drive vehicle in Hyundai's history. It's going to sell like hotcakes, I'll tell you what. Just wait and see. 8)

Quinn
05-22-2007, 03:12 AM

-Quinn

Actually, I have driven an Azera. My wife's girlfriend happens to own one, and I'm the poor bastard who's had to drive it when she gets too liquored dining out with us. I'll take the BMW, Lexus, etc. any day of the week – and so will most people looking to buy a true luxury brand. Bottom line: Hyundai is far from being on the cusp of becoming a luxury brand like Lexus or any of the others mentioned above.

-Quinn

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-22-2007, 03:13 AM
I will even though I'm always thinking about resale value overall. I totally agree with you on the notion that the Saturn Sky is a rebadged Opel, I sat in an Opel in Berlin several years ago that was surprisingly similar to the Sky, the beauty of Opel is if you really want it, they'll ship it, to be fair VW told me that for the R32 when it 1st came out, as well as BMW.

TJ347
05-22-2007, 03:16 AM
Actually, I have driven an Azera. My wife's girlfriend happens to own one, and I'm the poor bastard who's had to drive it when she gets too liquored dining out with us. I'll take the BMW, Lexus, etc. any day of the week – and so will most people looking to buy a true luxury brand. Bottom line: Hyundai is far from being on the cusp of becoming a luxury brand like Lexus or any of the others mentioned above.

-Quinn

So, we'll agree to disagree. I say that inside of five years, Hyundai or a "luxury brand" spin off (a la Toyota/Lexus) will be competing with Lexus, which was started of course because no one would spend Lexus money on a Toyota (nevermind that the Lexus is a Toyota anyway). Further proof that if you call shit a cupcake, you can always find somebody with a sweet tooth whole happily take a bite. But I digress... Off to watch "Heroes"! Later!

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-22-2007, 03:28 AM
p.s. for the record the Acura RL is way overpriced

$10k cheaper and they'd sell a shitload of em

Quinn
05-22-2007, 03:33 AM

-Quinn

So, we'll agree to disagree. I say that inside of five years, Hyundai or a "luxury brand" spin off (a la Toyota/Lexus) will be competing with Lexus, which was started of course because no one would spend Lexus money on a Toyota (nevermind that the Lexus is a Toyota anyway). Further proof that if you call shit a cupcake, you can always find somebody with a sweet tooth whole happily take a bite. But I digress... Off to watch "Heroes"! Later!

Honestly, TJ, I hope that you are correct. Though I have my doubts as the viability of such a strategy, were it to succeed, it would prove an excellent hedge against the many low-cost Chinese models that will target Hyundai Motor Co’s traditional market in the coming decades. As you said, we’ll have to agree to disagree.

-Quinn

Kabuki
05-22-2007, 04:21 AM
[b]mind you I drive BMW's but still.......................

you hit it on the head with Ford

they have a Focus RS I'm sure I posted elsewhere on HA that will never hit US shores, not the 1st time Ford has done this but I just think they've gone too far

the Focus was a rival to the ever popular Civic line from Honda

the RS was a direct challenge to the Si, and the current RS practically a Volvo with a mean turbo easily would've given Americans something to say "gotcha Japan" regardless of the cars family roots
[/img]

Yeah...my tuner friends told me all about that Focus RS. Hopefully, it doesn't fall a part like the American Focus. I spent some time around various models of cars. I probably enjoyed myself even more when I worked for Mercedes. I got my hands on cars that many people won't ever get to touch. That is a story for another day though :wink:

Kabuki
05-22-2007, 04:22 AM

Acura is just an excuse to sell overpriced Hondas. I will never buy into the scam.

TJ347
05-22-2007, 04:26 AM
Just a few cars I'd like to get my hands on but can't, either for financial reasons, or because the cars aren't in production (yet!)...

TJ347
05-22-2007, 04:30 AM

Acura is just an excuse to sell overpriced Hondas. I will never buy into the scam.

The same is true of Lexus though, honestly. And Infiniti, whose Q56 or whatever has consistently been given low marks across the board for everything from poor build quality to handling to standard amenities for cost, and so on. By the way, have you ever compared an Escalade to a Navigator? Check the stats. Makes it easier to understand why Ford is considering selling off Land Rover these days...

Alchemist
05-22-2007, 04:46 AM
I am convinced that Ford WANTS to go out of buisness after seeing some of their overseas automobile lines, and their shit decisions to not bring them to the States.

Bic
05-22-2007, 04:46 AM
Why can't they make this

Look like this

just my .02

agreed

Balthier1111
05-22-2007, 12:44 PM
That's not a concept Prius. It's the FT-HS, a concept for the hybrid sports car they're planning to fill the void left by the much-missed Supra.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-22-2007, 01:21 PM
That's not a concept Prius. It's the FT-HS, a concept for the hybrid sports car they're planning to fill the void left by the much-missed Supra.

DUH

No one said it was a Concept Prius. All i said was IF Toyota rebadged it as a Prius and put it in the center of a showroom they'd sell a ton of them. Over the shitty looking 14" wheel rolled on Prius that is currently available. The FT-HS will never replace (or as you said fill the void) of the Supra. Once you had tuners getting 800hp out of the inline 6 with 1 turbo the car became a legend. Believe that Toyota has another Supra waiting in the wings...............

http://bilder.autobild.de/bilder/1/57672.jpg
http://bilder.autobild.de/bilder/1/57678.jpg
http://bilder.autobild.de/bilder/1/57677.jpg

look familiar? it should guess what Toyota would do................
the same thing Nissan BRILLIANTLY did with the Z, rebadge it under Infiniti as a Gcoupe for less than the Z

Lexus' version
http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/2005_detroit/lexus/lfa/images/lfa4.jpg

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-22-2007, 01:39 PM
Hara I name all my cars after women I know, so IF I get this I'll name it after you because driving it in NYC would be the equivalent of a good daily handjob from a hotchick...............

http://files.conceptcarz.com/img/BMW/Alpina-B3-Bi-Turbo-manu-07_04-1024.jpg

jamesb121
05-23-2007, 02:33 AM
Johnny, FYI may i introduce you to the ALPINA D3, the B3's Diesel cousin. this is the must have 3-series in the uk right now. while your here, u dont want 2 buy a RHD M5 do you? euro spec 405bhp..... offers invited

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-23-2007, 02:58 AM
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jamesb121
05-23-2007, 03:01 AM
the D3's nice isnt it??

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-23-2007, 03:05 AM
HELL YEAH, fuckin sad that BMW's Diesels aren't shipped over here more

jamesb121
05-23-2007, 03:08 AM
quick confer with my friend kev who tunes BMW's, normally with hartge bits but hes just ordered one of these from ac schnitzer in germany,in RHD with the full BMW warranty just like Alpina, this might change ur mind.....

jamesb121
05-23-2007, 03:11 AM
btw thats a 3-litre diesel, twin turbo producing 385bhp, cant remember the torque figure but its meant 2 be fucking rapid!!

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-23-2007, 03:17 AM
I like alot of the German car tuners, they just seem to do things subtle compared to the Japanese. They focus alot more on pieces that make the driving experience better rather than making the driver look better.

jamesb121
05-23-2007, 03:24 AM
before the M-devision came along Alpina and AC Schnitzer ran the touring car race teams for BMW in the 1970's, both have factory connections, plus you get to keep the factory warranty. Same kind of thing with Brabus for mercedes and AMG before AMG were absorbed into mercedes in 1999. Heres another one of AC Schnitzer products the totally mental 220bhp Mini cooper S

muhmuh
05-23-2007, 03:29 AM
all i can say to bmws these days is that they look like 4 metres of car... they look so generic and bland its not even funny anymore

jamesb121
05-23-2007, 03:31 AM
muhmuh, go drive one then you'll know what all the fuss is about!

muhmuh
05-23-2007, 03:43 AM

been there done that hated it... i mean their cars themself are nice well adjusted suspension responsive engine etc but the driving position is just aweful... made for short bavarians (kurzgwadelte volk am rande der alpen) not for anyone else

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-23-2007, 05:10 AM

been there done that hated it... i mean their cars themself are nice well adjusted suspension responsive engine etc but the driving position is just aweful... made for short bavarians (kurzgwadelte volk am rande der alpen) not for anyone else

so which one did you drive?

BlackAdder
05-23-2007, 05:26 AM
Lexus is low end if your talking luxury cars, at least around here.....you pay all that money for a car that rides on a camry chassis..okay, whos dumb for buying a Lexus????

Realgirls4me
05-23-2007, 05:31 AM
I still get a chuckle everytime I see the title of this thread. I mean, despite whatever shortcomings some of you might ascribe to particular Toyota models, and I'm sure there is always room for improvement, they didn't become the world's largest automobile company by making too many missteps. How can anyone question success, particularly their success?

Maybe a more proper heading would be:

C'mon Ford, GM, Chrysler, Get A Fucken Clue!!!

:)

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-23-2007, 05:45 AM
I still get a chuckle everytime I see the title of this thread. I mean, despite whatever shortcomings some of you might ascribe to particular Toyota models, and I'm sure there is always room for improvement, they didn't become the world's largest automobile company by making too many missteps. How can anyone question success, particularly their success?

Maybe a more proper heading would be:

C'mon Ford, GM, Chrysler, Get A Fucken Clue!!!

:)

actually my beef with Toyota is with the overall look of the Prius. The shit is ugly!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean other companies have shown you can take a vehicle that isn't gas only and make it attractive (regardless of the price) http://www.teslamotors.com/display_data/home_r1_c1.jpg

I guess they have the trickle down bullshit going on, hell even the Lexus LS has a hybrid, I'm just disgusted by the Prius, the shit looks like something Robin Williams in his Mork character would drive.........

I agree with you as far as GM, but then I honestly think they will never get it
Ford is so-so, at least they are letting Volvo assist them to build safer vehicles overall
Chrysler?!? Let's just say Daimler-Benz did the right thing by letting the ship sink, gas guzzlers during this current Administration wasn't a smart move............... when Clinton was in his 1st term and gas was $1.35/gallon, maybe................................

Felicia Katt
05-23-2007, 05:54 AM
before the M-devision came along Alpina and AC Schnitzer ran the touring car race teams for BMW in the 1970's, both have factory connections, plus you get to keep the factory warranty. Same kind of thing with Brabus for mercedes and AMG before AMG were absorbed into mercedes in 1999. Heres another one of AC Schnitzer products the totally mental 220bhp Mini cooper S

I love my Mini Cooper S, even if it only (only?)has 163 horsepower :)

FK

Realgirls4me
05-23-2007, 05:59 AM

FK

That's slightly a few more than my lawnmower. Can it do fescue grass?

Joke

Joke

Joke

;)

muhmuh
05-23-2007, 06:01 AM
so which one did you drive?

relatively standard e46... but the point is all bmws are notorious for being impossibly uncomfortable for anyone taller than a 6 year old and no matter which engine you put into the car if i just want to get out of the seat after 30 mins of driving its failed

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-23-2007, 06:03 AM
163 hp in a Mini Cooper S (even if it is 140hp to the wheels) is more than enough considering the size and the handling, if NYC wasn't bombarded with folks who have a small genitalia complex need for SUV's I'd probably own one

BlackAdder
05-23-2007, 06:03 AM
The thing with Diesel here is that last time i was at the pump, it was 3.25 at the kali mart, which is the cheapest place in town.

Dont blame the car makers, blame the gas companies.

And the mini cooper is a 93 octane toy. My Z put out 400hp with 3:73 gears and I ran it on 89. Dont get me wrong, its a neat little car, but i put it in the same category as a volkswagon bug.

Quinn
05-23-2007, 06:05 AM

FK

I know a number people here in NYC, mostly women, have bought a Mini Cooper. I have to say, if you're going to have a car in NYC, it's probably the perfect car, particularly when it comes to parking and the like.

-Quinn

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-23-2007, 06:05 AM
awwwwwwwwwww the BUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been restoring a '63 ragtop for the last 4 years, I love that car, talk about sipping gas

BlackAdder
05-23-2007, 06:06 AM
man, thats an oldie lol.....wherever do you find parts??? Fabricate them yourself??

muhmuh
05-23-2007, 06:08 AM
might i just add that its hilarious what kind of gas prices americans complain about?

Realgirls4me
05-23-2007, 06:10 AM
Actually, my first car ('75 Mercury), with its emasculated 351 Cleveland, put out around 160 horses, so for a car the size of the Mini Cooper to do that is pretty good. It should have far better zip than any current Bug.

BlackAdder
05-23-2007, 06:13 AM
Maybe, but our economy is reeling from a 100%+ jump in gas prices over the last 4 years. I sold one car because of it; when i bought it, gas was 1.35 for 94 at sunoco....This year it cost me 60$+ to fill the tank on it with 89 and I got 10-12 mpg.

Combine that with the bust on the housing market and youve got the serious makings of a recession. The Fed has no idea what to do..

Meanwhile, gas companies are recording record profits while denying price gouging and fixing...

Yeah okay, so you understand why we complain???

Realgirls4me
05-23-2007, 06:18 AM
It cost me $90.00 to fill my tank Sunday. Lovely, huh?

Kabuki
05-23-2007, 06:20 AM
might i just add that its hilarious what kind of gas prices americans complain about?

Yes we are spoiled, but you have to realize that lower and middle class America can't handle growing gas prices. The system is flawed. Minimum wage hasn't been raised since...the Clinton admin I believe. Corporations in America will run the country into the ground at this rate. Republicans are all about big business, and Democrats are just weak and they lack the balls to really act. I honestly believe that America is on track to just having a lower and an upper class. No in-between.

We seriously need to look at alternative fuels, but the gas industry won't allow that to happen. Not without a fight. There's money to be made. Greed is the way the world works.

BlackAdder
05-23-2007, 06:28 AM
Minimum wage here is a complete joke...it was just recently raised and you STILL cant even live in the nastier parts of norristown working 40 hours a week on minimum wage.

Gonna crash out I tell ya.

Kabuki
05-23-2007, 06:36 AM
Minimum wage here is a complete joke...it was just recently raised and you STILL cant even live in the nastier parts of norristown working 40 hours a week on minimum wage.

Gonna crash out I tell ya.

You will never be able to live on minimum wage in the states. We trusted our government too much for over the past 50 yrs, and now everything is a mess.

muhmuh
05-23-2007, 06:39 AM
Maybe, but our economy is reeling from a 100%+ jump in gas prices over the last 4 years.

so is ours

when i bought it, gas was 1.35 for 94 at sunoco....

thats less than what you pay here for a litre... euro not dollar

and I got 10-12 mpg.

wth? thats twice as much consumption as youd get with an 80s sports car... do you drive a lorry?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-23-2007, 06:42 AM
muh did you ever answer my question?

and adder lol, no I buy them believe it or not there is a HUGE market for vintage volkswagen parts, thank you Southern California

muhmuh
05-23-2007, 06:53 AM
muh did you ever answer my question?

i did... sort of

Felicia Katt
05-23-2007, 06:58 AM
The thing with Diesel here is that last time i was at the pump, it was 3.25 at the kali mart, which is the cheapest place in town.

Dont blame the car makers, blame the gas companies.

And the mini cooper is a 93 octane toy. My Z put out 400hp with 3:73 gears and I ran it on 89. Dont get me wrong, its a neat little car, but i put it in the same category as a volkswagon bug.
0-60 in 6.2 seconds
140 mph top speed
68.6 in the slalom
60-0 braking in 122 ft
all while getting 26 miles per gallon

The only way a Bug can keep up with a Mini is if you push them both off a cliff at the same time :)
I have owned faster cars but none were quicker.

meow

FK

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-23-2007, 07:03 AM
I'll put my ragtop up against your mini anyday babes
lol
engines not stock though ;)

TJ347
05-23-2007, 07:07 AM
Who wants to put their ride up against my Nissan Versa, that's the question? My Versa hits 60 in the time it takes to digest a burger... WHAT?!!! Who wants some? But it is reaaal good on gas, and that's why I bought it. I'm not the flashy type, though I did flirt with the Porsche Cayman for a minute there...

Felicia Katt
05-23-2007, 07:11 AM
I'll put my ragtop up against your mini anyday babes
lol
engines not stock though ;)
Throw in a few curves, and you have a deal :) I love Bugs, and learned to drive in one but you can't make one handle as well as a more modern car.

What have you done to the engine?

FK

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-23-2007, 07:18 AM
hehehe it's a Berg motor babe
that's all I'll say on that
found this on youtube, because I know there are a few non believers out there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTUGwgEZqtI

BlackAdder
05-23-2007, 07:43 AM
Meh...not everyone that owns a ferrari should be dragging them....aside from that though, the Ferrari is all high end torque with a gear box designed to hit 220mph...

I often smoked cars that had a much higher top speed in the quarter mile so yeah, in the straight quarter that bug might have had the advantage with a 20 shot.

BlackAdder
05-23-2007, 07:44 AM
Meh...not everyone that owns a ferrari should be dragging them....aside from that though, the Ferrari is all high end torque with a gear box designed to hit 220mph...

I often smoked cars that had a much higher top speed in the quarter mile so yeah, in the straight quarter that bug might have had the advantage with a 20 shot.

jamesb121
05-23-2007, 07:27 PM
Felicia, ask your Mini dealer about the John Cooper Works tuning kit, it leaves the styling and the handling all standard but will give you another 50bhp. no one will ever catch you then!!

Willie Escalade
05-24-2007, 05:19 AM
Back to Hyundai and Saturn/Opel/Vauxhall for a minute. Check out what Motor Trend had to say about Hyundai's Genesis "concept" car.

http://www.motortrend.com/future/concept_cars/112_0705_hyundai_concept_genesis

As for the GM triplets, they purposely decided to have Saturn share cars with Opel/Vauxhall (and Holden for that matter) for cost reasons. Development costs could be shared with all of the markets, and all models can be built in any GM plant worldwide. This is something Ford should do as well for some of their models. I like the UK's Mondeo more than I like our Fusion, just like the "world" Focus is a shitload better than our "domestic" version.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-24-2007, 05:26 AM
http://www.hungangels.com/board/files/ford_mondeo_2007_1024x768_wallpaper_09_258.jpg

agreed, thats badass

someone at Ford must have hinted at Americans needing square shaped vehicles after the popularity of the Caddy's & recent Chrysler designs

Willie Escalade
05-24-2007, 05:43 AM
Ford is too conservative. Check out the Five Hundred...which, because of slow sales is being renamed the Taurus. That's why you see so many Chrysler 300s around...style, baby!

TJ347
05-24-2007, 06:03 AM
Yeah... The Chrysler 300. It was a nice car, up until everywhere you went, they were filling at least 75% of the parking lot. No doubt, alot of this, at least in my area, is due to the people who bought into the "baby Bentley" crap briefly associated with the car upon its introduction, and thought it would boost their prestige. Anyway, how many have been sold now, five million? And yet Chrysler still wasn't able to pull its weight. Clearly a one-shot wonder isn't what the US auto industry needs.

Kabuki
05-24-2007, 06:08 AM
The Mondeo looks like a cross between a VW (the front view) and an Acura (the side view)...hmmm.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
05-24-2007, 06:12 AM
Hara I name all my cars after women I know, so IF I get this I'll name it after you because driving it in NYC would be the equivalent of a good daily handjob from a hotchick...............

LOL I was wondering why this thread came up when I searched for my name "Hara" :lol: You are very thoightful JWBL! :P If I get to NYC you'll have to take me out on a spin in your new car which you'll name after me and perhaps I could perform your once in a lifetime "NYC to LI" cum deprivation handjobs (You'll only be allowed to cum once we've reached the Hamptons)! So grab a video cum (pun intended)..Its going to be bumpy ride..LOL :lol: Hehe ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

sucka4chix
05-24-2007, 06:32 AM
To add my 2 cents, Toyota has a clue--it's us who don't. I'm a toyota man...all I've ever driven, but they don't make anything that's remotely sporty anymore since they dropped the celica after decades. They make nothing for MEN except SUVS and trucks, and like their cars most are boring to me. But they sell millions of those boring ugly cars. Either they know what buyers want or are great at telling people what they want.When Nissan brought back the Z I hoped a new Supra would follow, but I'm not holding my breath anymore. The fact is boring sedans sell better than sports cars...and its a business!
Now to address the American car makers--- I think they're doomed unless they make major changes. Toyota does not have union workers in their American plants and thus the overhead is lower. I read that Chrysler can't afford to put all the gadgets in that the Japanese auto makers do because of union workers. The afore mentioned Chrysler 300 is a badassed car on the outside but for a guy who drives Japanese cars, it's kinda spartan on the inside.US automakers pay people to stand around and do nothing... I know,I deliver to these plants all the time and the workers are the laziest get paid for nothing-est people on the planet.Until this gets restructured they're doomed.

nikkitsfun
05-28-2007, 08:51 PM
Once we started the site we were traveling so much that we traded our 5 series BMW in for a FJ Crusier...and it has been great.

Living out here in the Desert & traveling to Vegas, Arizona, and the mountains of Palm Springs we have found that this has been a big help.

It is a very powerful little suv but sucks on gas.

http://www.nikkitsfun.com/hungangels/052807/nikkitsfun85406.JPG (http://www.nikkitsfun.com/index2.html)

http://www.nikkitsfun.com/hungangels/052807/nikkitsfun85407.JPG (http://www.nikkitsfun.com/index2.html)