PDA

View Full Version : When avatars go too far there's AD BLOCK PLUS...............

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-21-2007, 11:58 PM
Legs just sent me a link to a thread where one of our newbies decided to put up IMO the most disgusting avatar in this site's existence. I'd like to suggest something I've grown to love using firefox, especially here on HA. If you don't already have it download AD BLOCK PLUS

http://adblockplus.org/images/75.png (http://adblockplus.org/en/)

supposedly its available for IE also but for you firefox users it's simple
go to tools>add-ons> and go to get more extensions
from their you simply type in ad block plus, it should be one of the top 5 for you to just click on, install it, restart your browser and voila

now for disgusting pics that you never want to see again you simply right-click on the image, block it, and go back to happier times

hope this helps.................................
JWBL™

Legend
05-22-2007, 12:11 AM
Opera also has a feature called blocked content that i used to block that disgusting avater.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-22-2007, 12:13 AM
thanks Legend, glad to know there's a few of us Opera users also

classydtwngrl
05-22-2007, 12:15 AM
Opera also has a feature called blocked content that i used to block that disgusting avater.

Opera also has a shitload of spyware and malware attached, so beware. But thanks for the tip JWBL

Legend
05-22-2007, 12:20 AM

Opera also has a shitload of spyware and malware attached, so beware. But thanks for the tip JWBL

Idiot you don't know what the hell your talking about,opera is spyware free but i wouldn't expect anything but bs coming from blackmagic aka classydtwngrl aka daddy's little girl i hope you know you can get banned for having two accounts here.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-22-2007, 12:23 AM
<-------------------- pours Legend a shot of Blue Label and moves him and the gun away from BM

Legend
05-22-2007, 12:24 AM
<-------------------- pours Legend a shot of Blue Label and moves him and the gun away from BM

LOL

MrSecretAgent
05-22-2007, 12:25 AM
Most internet security packages includes this feature too.

So even if you're using IE you could still block that disgusting avatar.

classydtwngrl
05-22-2007, 12:29 AM

Idiot you don't know what the hell your talking about,opera is spyware free but i wouldn't expect anything but bs coming from blackmagic aka classydtwngrl aka daddy's little girl i hope you know you can get banned for having two accounts here.

Run AVG :roll:

Alittle advice for you, If its a free program theres always strings attached

http://www.fbmsoftware.com/spyware-net/process/Opera_8_New!_exe/1110/

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Opera+spyware&btnG=Search

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-22-2007, 12:30 AM
Agent give the IE folks a walkthrough, that way there is no confusion when they are in a "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS NASTY SHIT, HOW THE FUCK DO I GET RID OF THIS BULLSHIT PICTURE???????????" moment...............

classydtwngrl
05-22-2007, 12:30 AM

So it was you punk grrrrrr lol

General Disarray
05-22-2007, 12:33 AM
I know which one you're talking about
if I may apologize and explain
the avatr you saw me with earlier was a joke of some sort from the site hosting it
for some reason it changed into that image because they frown upon stealing bandwidth
Dear god I am sorry.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-22-2007, 12:39 AM
no names were mentioned, if you had a sick picture up in your avatar just remove it and keep the forum flowing

be glad i moved the gun away BM, Legend had one in the chamber

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-22-2007, 12:40 AM
either way this thread needed to be created, with all of the people up in arms because [insert name]'s avatar is too large, etc. with these options now posted it defeats thats whole argument

Jennifer_English
05-22-2007, 12:44 AM
Nice move....

I'm not that squeemish... but that mutilated dick pic nearly made me hurl chunks this afternoon :puke

General Disarray
05-22-2007, 12:47 AM
Nice move....

I'm not that squeemish... but that mutilated dick pic nearly made me hurl chunks this afternoon :puke

once again
sorry

Alchemist
05-22-2007, 04:41 AM
I have seen some truly atroucious avatars on this forum as well, some people just take it too far. Thank god for Opera's content blocker.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-22-2007, 04:45 AM
I just wish someone would make an extension so i could see Jennifer minus the feathers, hehe

Alchemist
05-22-2007, 04:50 AM
I just wish someone would make an extension so i could see Jennifer minus the feathers, hehe

You and me both! :lol: