PDA

View Full Version : Diets and Dieting

AllanahStarrNYC
05-20-2007, 06:33 AM
As my inevitable struggle with my weight continues- as it has all my life- (though I have never bet obese but I do get chubby) I find that the only things that really work for me to lose weight are Atkins and the Master Cleanse Diet (which is a fast). Also taking Ephedra.

Yes- and the gym. But traveling all the time makes eating well and excercising difficult sometimes.

It easier for me to manage carbs and take a pill than anything else.

I definately have a disposition to gain weight due to obesity in my family, my metabolism, hormone therapy, and the fact that I love breads, pastas, sweets- all the crap I love.

What have you found works best for you for losing weight?

TanyaShevenal
05-20-2007, 06:38 AM
I've been trying to lose a lot of weight before I start HT, and its hard for me because of a lot of the same reasons, genetics, terrible metabolism, and a little lower Hypothyroid than a lot of people, but not enough to get medicated.

But I have noticed that eating right, (6 small meals for me) and hydroxycut hardcore is really good for keeping a stable metabolism, and the work outs I do end up getting.

One thing you should try is at least one serving of some kind of fiber a day, even if its in a pill form, it helps regulate yourself, which also helps metabolism.

TheOne1
05-20-2007, 06:39 AM
D&E pharm.com

2 ephedrine pills, 4 asprins, 400mg of NoDose three times a day....u can blame the shakes you get on a meth addiction..

its alot better than a toothbrush, and it saves the enamel on your teeth also

Hara_Juku Tgirl
05-20-2007, 06:54 AM
Xantrex 3 and brown rice (gets you full and doesnt get absorbed much by the body) and controlled portions works well for me! :P

~Kisses.

HTG

blckhaze
05-20-2007, 06:58 AM
no pill works well for me too well. I have to work my butt off (literally and figuratively) to stay in halfway decent shape. My diet is mainly protein(chicken fish, and beef) with alot of veggies and fruits.

qeuqheeg222
05-20-2007, 07:19 AM
exercise and stay away from refined carbs of any kind..reallly limit carb altogether(rice,pasta,bread,chips,biscuits,potatoe s).watch the booze-carbs in hiding..small meals thruout the day to regulate insulin levels and eat more spicy vegetable dishes to train your tastebud to endorphin connections away from the sweet tooth(ask a yogi about this and temperment)..

rick_932
05-20-2007, 07:23 AM
Small meals throughout the day of healthy foods to let the body know it's not in starvation mode and keep the metabolism high.

this is whats most important. alot of people cant seem to lose weight, even if theyre eating healthy and exercising, because they arent eating regularly throughout the day.

when i was doing the body building thing, when it was time for me cut, i usually ate 6 times throughout the day, 3 big meals and 3 small time snack meals, mostly healthy. i also drank alot of water and exercised daily. i was shedding fat in no time

stillies77
05-20-2007, 07:55 AM
Cardio (Exercise Bikes and Jogging in my case) and smaller portions helped me lose 40 pounds when i got into college...im in the midst of losing 15-20 more right now doing this and so far so good...after a week i lost 5 already.

JANIRA
05-20-2007, 08:00 AM
allanah. i think you look amazing!!!, really!, question?,, how does that cleansing diet that you mentioned work,,?

qeuqheeg222
05-20-2007, 08:04 AM
master blaster-organic lemons,distilled water,grade b maple syzzrup,and my favorite cayenne pepper..

Trans_Lover
05-20-2007, 08:09 AM
binge and purge works well

BlackAdder
05-20-2007, 08:21 AM
I think trans_lovers on his way to ban city lol...

Losing weight is simple....severly limit the amount of calories you take in per day. The less excercise you do, the more calories you have to limit. Blue Monster energy drink is good..low cal and low carb. Limit your calories to 1000 per day, take a GOOD easily absorbed multivitamin and eat high fiber/ruffage foods so your system funtions well and the pounds will come off.

May 1st i was 155 and i thought i had plateaud, then i started the blue monsters and an hour at the gym 3-5 times a week and im at 149. I also stopped eating any extraneous crap snack food.

AllanahStarrNYC
05-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Thanks Janira

I go through my weights ups and downs-

Here is a site for the master cleanse

http://www.mastercleanser.com/

I have done it before and it really works it jus thard to stick to.

U can buy the book and ingridients at any health food store.

Its a cleansing fast but u also lose weight on it

vanished
05-20-2007, 11:27 AM
[quote=LeoraMoore] 3 big meals and 3 small time snack meals, mostly healthy. i also drank alot of water and exercised daily. i was shedding fat in no time

what are some good snacks?

tsfarrah
05-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Allanah I also struggle withmy weight

I'm also addicted to bread and pasta! lol

I only have to look at food and I put weight on!

I've always wanted to be really thin but \i dont think my body is made that way!

so I'm constantly watching what I eat!

gets a bit annoying at times but thats life I guess!

look forward to seeing you when your in London x

LG
05-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Allanah, I'd stay away from ephedrine-containing supplements if I were you; way too many side effects, from dehydration and insomnia to irregular heartbeats, seizures, heart attacks and strokes, which can cause death.

The Atkins Diet could help you, if you have a tendency to eat too much starch, but like Master Cleanse it shouldn't be a long-term thing, I think.

Try to limit your calorie intake, subsitute fruit like apples, grapefruits or prunes for the usual snacks ( I eat an orange or a couple of dried apricots when I am a little hungry between meals) and work out 2-3 times a week. You can cut down to 1000 calories but only for a short period, so try and stick to a maintenance 1400-1600 calories for a longer term I think (but check with a nutritionist- different people need different amounts, plus you may need to take vitamin and mineral supplements), opting for high-roughage, reduced calorie starches like brown bread, brown rice and so on (personally, I like multigrain brown bread but am not a fan of brown rice). Drink lots of water and avoid alcohol and softdrinks (although a glass of red wine every couple of days is said to be good for you), switch to skim milk and- if you tend to binge as some people do, choose fruit fat free crackers over chips or chocolate or better yet, go outside for a walk in the fresh air.

And if you're dining out with friends, I think that Japanese food is possibly the healthiest, followed by Chinese food (avoid deep-fried options), Italian (stick to tomato-based sauces without too much cream or cheese), Greek and Lebanese. I'm lucky- these happen to be my favourite cuisines; I am not a big fan of french fries, either.

I think, judging from your photos, even though your weight may fluctuate, you look incredible either way, and most men don't fancy skinny waif-like girls anyway.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Jennifer_English
05-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Am amazed to read how much you all have to work to keep looking good...

I'm one of those people who never puts on weight... I live mainly on burgers, chips, fatty food and havn't done a days exercise (cept sex :wink: ) in my life...

Sickening 'int it!

Sorri!

LG
05-20-2007, 05:03 PM
I'm one of those people who never puts on wieght... I live mainly on burgers, chips, fatty food and havn't done a days exercise (cept sex :wink: ) in my life...
:lol:
Well, maybe one day we can meet and get some exercise together. :wink:

vanished
05-20-2007, 05:13 PM

I'm one of those people who never puts on weight... I live mainly on burgers, chips, fatty food and havn't done a days exercise (cept sex :wink: ) in my life...

Sickening 'int it!

Sorri!

Springsteen's diet as a skinny kid making Born to Run - hamburgers, cheese fries and coke. There outta be a law!! lol

arnie666
05-20-2007, 06:27 PM
As my inevitable struggle with my weight continues- as it has all my life- (though I have never bet obese but I do get chubby) I find that the only things that really work for me to lose weight are Atkins and the Master Cleanse Diet (which is a fast). Also taking Ephedra.

Yes- and the gym. But traveling all the time makes eating well and excercising difficult sometimes.

I definately have a disposition to gain weight due to obesity in my family, my metabolism, hormone therapy, and the fact that I love breads, pastas, sweets- all the crap I love.

the kebab shop down the road ! one time I must have lost a stone after a dodgy doner kebab.ringpiece hurt like a cunt though!

Being serious I find I don't need to pay much attention to what I eat as I do loads of phys anyways . I tell you best thing for losing weight in terms of phys is circuit training! And the great thing is you don't need a gym for it if you don't have access to one. Pressups situps Burpees etc . There plenty of books programmes etc out there on it.

Running and jogging are good too , I got this burd who was a bit porky well fit by making her run over the sand dunes every morning. I got a shag out of it too for being such a top bloke :lol:

rick_932
05-20-2007, 06:38 PM
[quote=LeoraMoore] 3 big meals and 3 small time snack meals, mostly healthy. i also drank alot of water and exercised daily. i was shedding fat in no time

what are some good snacks?

i ate a lot of fruit as snacks when i got hungry, like apples, peaches, oranges. id also eat a turkey breast or chicken breast sandwich, lite mayo, with lettuce and tomatoes. unsalted peanuts was another good snack of mine. and sometimes id supplement those snacks with a nice protein shake (mixed 1 cup whey protein, 1 cup oatmeal, sliced banana, 1 tblspoon of flaxseed oil, and water)

i forgot to mention in my first post that drinking green tea also helps in weight loss. drinking about 4 cups a day helped me a lot and has become part of my daily diet since i saw the benefits firsthand

vanished
05-20-2007, 06:41 PM

the kebab shop down the road ! one time I must have lost a stone after a dodgy doner kebab.ringpiece hurt like a cunt though!

Being serious I find I don't need to pay much attention to what I eat as I do loads of phys anyways . I tell you best thing for losing weight in terms of phys is circuit training! And the great thing is you don't need a gym for it if you don't have access to one. Pressups situps Burpees etc . There plenty of books programmes etc out there on it.

Running and jogging are good too , I got this burd who was a bit porky well fit by making her run over the sand dunes every morning. I got a shag out of it too for being such a top bloke :lol:

Pilates is fantastic for the female physique - long, toned supple limbs and working on your "powerhouse" or midriff.

rick_932
05-20-2007, 06:46 PM

Sickening 'int it!

Sorri!

i have a friend who can eat anything he wants and drinks like crazy and doesnt put on any weight. its a good and a bad thing, the bad part being he's small and wants to increase his muscle mass but has a hard time doing so because his metabolism is so fast.

i think him eating like he is will eventually come back to haunt him later in life when his metabolism starts slowing down and he starts packing on fat in no time lol

Jennifer_English
05-20-2007, 06:47 PM
Well, maybe one day we can meet and get some exercise together. :wink:

You know I have a soft spot just for you Ivan :wink:

xx

Kriss
05-21-2007, 12:16 AM
one time I must have lost a stone after a dodgy doner kebab.ringpiece hurt like a cunt though!

how to speak limey, lesson 2

i have a friend who can eat anything he wants and drinks like crazy and doesnt put on any weight. its a good and a bad thing, the bad part being he's small and wants to increase his muscle mass but has a hard time doing so because his metabolism is so fast.

i think him eating like he is will eventually come back to haunt him later in life when his metabolism starts slowing down and he starts packing on fat in no time lol

THAT'S EXACTLY LIKE ME. 9+1/2 STONE SINCE SCHOOL. VERY FAST METABOLISM, CANNOT 'BULK UP' AND I'M NOT PREPARED TO DEVOTE MOST OF MY DAY TO GAINING WEIGHT. AFTER I HIT 30 ANY WEIGHT I DO PUT ON SEEMS TO GO ON MY BELLY BUT A FEW SITS FLATTENS THAT OUT. I TRY TO EXCERSISE BUT ONLY BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE I HAVE MORE ENERGY IF I DO.

Trans_Lover
05-21-2007, 12:21 AM
most "fad" diets result in water loss, no real weight loss, so all weight lost comes back, most Hollywood diets make you shit diarrhea 24/7, that can't be healthy