PDA

View Full Version : Transsexual Women as Moderators?

xfiver
05-19-2007, 06:44 PM
In light of all the recent discussion about how dissatisfied some of the trans women seem to be with HA, wouldn't it seem to be a logical and fair discussion to consider having some of them as moderators of the board?

I have only been here a little less than a year, and I don't know if this has been brought up before. Seems worth consideration. There may be TS moderators I haven't seen or don't know about.

I realize it could turn in to a fiasco - jealousy and bitterness and personal bias clouding judgment and people being treated unfairly and all that, but surely there are 1 or 2 women that would take the job seriously and try to keep HA as a place where they and the people that admire them could come and enjoy without the BS.

Hell - I would probably have been banned by now in such a place. But the thought of having people like Jen and others leave certainly made me think about how I view the board and what I post.

Thoughts?

xfiver
05-19-2007, 06:46 PM
sorry - i accidentally placed an unwanted option in the poll, and it wont let me edit. just ignore it.

specialk
05-19-2007, 06:57 PM
LLLLLLLLLLooooooooooonnnnng overdue!!!!!!!!

hwbs
05-19-2007, 07:12 PM
sometimes i think alot of you are real blind....ill give u a little while to look around and recant !!!! its right in front of you but u cant see it....

suckseed
05-19-2007, 07:18 PM
sometimes i think alot of you are real blind....ill give u a little while to look around and recant !!!! its right in front of you but u cant see it....
My first thought: Isn't Allanah a mod? Then I looked up her posts and it doesn't say she is. But then again I just switched to half-caf and I'm still groggy...and I've got a damn company meeting in an hour, f#$%ing up my Saturday morning.... :x

xfiver
05-19-2007, 07:27 PM

Ok - so Allanah owns this place. I didn't even know that until i went back on the main page, which I have never seen before.

But as suckseed said, she doesn't moderate (although she could tell you cats to do whatever she wants).

I don't know if I'll recant, it still seems worth discussing. The forums are just a sub-section of her HA company and maybe if the format needs to be changed, she would consider it.

It's bad for business if all the angels are bailin because they think the forum sucks and they will be treated badly.

Kriss
05-19-2007, 08:27 PM
It's bad for business if all the angels are bailin because they think the forum sucks and they will be treated badly.

SAYS ONE OF THE MOST PERSISTANT AND AGGRESSIVE BULLYS ON THE FORUM. I CAN TAKE THAT FROM A 'NICE GUY' LIKE LEGEND BUT NOT YOU.
YOU ARE JUST BAD NEWS XFIVER, ALWAYS STARTING OR JOINING IN FIGHTS, THEN BUMPING THEM WHEN YOU GET BORED.

xfiver
05-19-2007, 09:10 PM
SAYS ONE OF THE MOST PERSISTANT AND AGGRESSIVE BULLYS ON THE FORUM. I CAN TAKE THAT FROM A 'NICE GUY' LIKE LEGEND BUT NOT YOU. YOU ARE JUST BAD NEWS XFIVER, ALWAYS STARTING OR JOINING IN FIGHTS, THEN BUMPING THEM WHEN YOU GET BORED.

No argument from me there. You're absolutely right. But I did also say this:

Hell - I would probably have been banned by now in such a place. But the thought of having people like Jen and others leave certainly made me think about how I view the board and what I post.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-19-2007, 09:19 PM
xfiver if you have a problem with the current staff just say so, this shit is comical to me because it's a damned if you do/damned if you do it too late situation

xfiver
05-19-2007, 09:24 PM
xfiver if you have a problem with the current staff just say so, this shit is comical to me because it's a damned if you do/damned if you do it too late situation

No - not at all. Nothing here bothers me, except for Kelly. She makes a mockery of all that the honest and straightforward trans women are trying to do.

I just thought in light of Jens decision to bail and some of the other's chiming in that they thought that HA wasn't and never would be a "community" it was worth discussion.

I was trying not to complain but offer a potential solution, or at least something that would make it better.

Jericho
05-19-2007, 09:28 PM
In light of all the recent discussion about how dissatisfied some of the trans women seem to be with HA, wouldn't it seem to be a logical and fair discussion to consider having some of them as moderators of the board?
Thoughts?

Not that it would fix any of the problems, not unless they planned on being around 24/7, who would you recommend for this position?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-19-2007, 09:45 PM
see that's the thing, it's a 24/7 NON-PAYING job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and to the woman that asked me to just ignore this thread I am sorry I have to respond. I said once before that he level of drama that goes on here is nothing compared to places like the chat rooms on yahoo, paltalk, or aol, this is actually mild. Every time a woman decides to leave HA you can't blame moderation. It is what it is, if they are tired of the board and need a break let them take a break. This shit comes up every year, someone says there temporary goodbye's and people get in an uproar i.e. "OH WELL IF THE MODS DID THIS OR DID THAT [insert solution here]" It's just tiring, as much as you try to say this isn't a thread blasting the mods, it is. You're saying there needs to be another moderator and there doesn't.

On a side note the drama that happens here is NOTHING compared to the bullshit that occurs at various clubs/bars with the girls I've been to. Where a foul look usually turns into a lee press on nail scratch fest. I've never met anyone on HA offline that took this shit seriously enough to wanna fight someone; it's all jokes on here at the end of the day for most of us with the exception of a few that really need to get outside more..................

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-19-2007, 09:47 PM
for the record let me say this..........................

the politics & religion forum basically flows without much of any moderation at all............ visit it sometime. Whatever drama you think happens here in Gen Disc. is 5 times as hyped up over there, yet at the end of the day they all crack jokes and start new threads to post opinions on and I applaud them for that.

xfiver
05-19-2007, 09:56 PM
dude you got it all wrong here. i didnt attack the moderating or blame you guys of anything, only offered a discussion topic for a possible solution to what one of the prolific TS posters here said.

perhaps there isnt a problem that needs to be solved, its not for me to say. i dont really have a problem with anything.

you said it yourself, its a 24/7 non paying gig...and yet you say you dont need any help. it sounds like it wouldnt hurt. and it also seems to me it would make sense for at least one of the mods to be a TS woman.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-19-2007, 10:01 PM
actually one of the mods is a woman, she just doesnt have the label under her name

tsntx
05-19-2007, 10:02 PM
personally if i was offered that job, as im sure other girls here would, id say no thnx. i may come here a lot but i dont have that kinda energy... the only thing that needs to be done, especially if they dont want/ need more mods, is set up some rules for the community. those rules get enforced. if you cant follow them you get asked to leave, by force.

its simple.

Solitary Brother
05-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Horrible idea.
First.
It is the men that come this board that drive it and give it the energy and so forth.
Granted all the "dick" threads can be a little much at times but this is what MANY guys want to see.
It is the men,tricks,closet cases,whatever you may call us that drive this board......PERIOD.

Second...well.......I will be diplomatic and leave it at that.

Quinn
05-19-2007, 10:48 PM
Same shit, different day. As previously noted, this is all part of a cycle that reasserts itself every year or so. In the end, the forum/board continues to grow regardless of who goes, stays, feels slighted, feels validated, flames, relaxes, or whatever.

-Quinn

Quinn
05-20-2007, 02:37 AM
for the record let me say this..........................

the politics & religion forum basically flows without much of any moderation at all............ visit it sometime. Whatever drama you think happens here in Gen Disc. is 5 times as hyped up over there, yet at the end of the day they all crack jokes and start new threads to post opinions on and I applaud them for that.

There's drama in the P&R forum???

*Quinn then looks at his own signature*

Oh, wait a minute, maybe there is just a touch of drama over there. LOL....

-Quinn

hwbs
05-20-2007, 02:50 AM
i am surprised how many people have that quote in their signature, lmfao...

General Disarray
05-20-2007, 02:59 AM
I think all users should be allowed to apply to be mods and then their posts will be reviewed and they will be chosen if they display appropriate qualities.

MacShreach
05-20-2007, 03:02 AM
i dont really have a problem with anything.

Other than the fact that you're a prick, of course.

Quinn
05-20-2007, 03:10 AM
I think all users should be allowed to apply to be mods and then their posts will be reviewed and they will be chosen if they display appropriate qualities.

Nah.

-Quinn

GroobySteven
05-20-2007, 06:33 AM
Like JWBL stated, this shit happens every year - and live at HA goes on ...

I do think some of the asses who purposely come on here to irritate and abuse, have been more strictly moderated over the past year or so and it's been for the best. This forum is far less argumentative than it used to be - I only have to call a cunt a cunt, once every 2 weeks instead of weekly, or it may be that I don't get into the politics and religion any longer.

seanchai

Vala_TS
05-20-2007, 06:52 AM
I think there should be and one comes to mind (PeggyGee) as there are a lot of stupid posts that no one but the girls care about being removed.

Vala,

TJ347
05-20-2007, 09:27 AM

SAYS ONE OF THE MOST PERSISTANT AND AGGRESSIVE BULLYS ON THE FORUM. I CAN TAKE THAT FROM A 'NICE GUY' LIKE LEGEND BUT NOT YOU.
YOU ARE JUST BAD NEWS XFIVER, ALWAYS STARTING OR JOINING IN FIGHTS, THEN BUMPING THEM WHEN YOU GET BORED.

Kriss, again... Please find the, no wait... PLEASE FIND THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON AND HIT IT ONCE, SO THAT YOUR MESSAGES COME OUT LIKE this, would you please? I know I would appreciate it, as it would make it easier to ignore your self-righteous and inane ramblings. Thanks in advance, and have a blessed day! :D

xfiver
05-20-2007, 11:21 AM
i dont really have a problem with anything.

Other than the fact that you're a prick, of course.

I dont have a problem with me being a prick.

Mac Bee-yatch. Lighten up. You could use some more cowbell.

Cyclops
05-20-2007, 03:46 PM
To be quite honest ,I don't understand why there haven't been any angels as mods from the beginning ,after all they are what these forums are all about

francisfkudrow
05-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Horrible idea.
First.
It is the men that come this board that drive it and give it the energy and so forth.
Granted all the "dick" threads can be a little much at times but this is what MANY guys want to see.
It is the men,tricks,closet cases,whatever you may call us that drive this board......PERIOD.

Second...well.......I will be diplomatic and leave it at that.

Wow, that's kind of depressing if its true.

Kriss
05-20-2007, 10:17 PM
Kriss, again... Please find the, no wait... PLEASE FIND THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON AND HIT IT ONCE, SO THAT YOUR MESSAGES COME OUT LIKE this, would you please?

EXPLAINED ALREADY, ENCODING MP3'S LAST FEW DAYS SO EASIER FOR ME TO STAY IN CAPS, OTHERWISE I FORGET AND WRITE A LOAD OF SONG TITLES IN LOWER CASE THEN HAVE TO GO BACK AND RE WRITE IN CAPITALS, ITS ALMOST A S TEDIOUS AS THIS POST

TJ347
05-20-2007, 10:57 PM
Kriss, again... Please find the, no wait... PLEASE FIND THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON AND HIT IT ONCE, SO THAT YOUR MESSAGES COME OUT LIKE this, would you please?

EXPLAINED ALREADY, ENCODING MP3'S LAST FEW DAYS SO EASIER FOR ME TO STAY IN CAPS, OTHERWISE I FORGET AND WRITE A LOAD OF SONG TITLES IN LOWER CASE THEN HAVE TO GO BACK AND RE WRITE IN CAPITALS, ITS ALMOST A S TEDIOUS AS THIS POST

You're encoding MP3s (and apparently all the time, and not just for the last few days), so you type everything in caps, huh? Yeah, I'll buy that for a dollar. :roll: Truth is, no doubt, you're a dick who just enjoys annoying people. Carry on... dick.

Kriss
05-21-2007, 01:35 AM

You're encoding MP3s (and apparently all the time, and not just for the last few days), so you type everything in caps, huh? Yeah, I'll buy that for a dollar. :roll:

EXCUSE ME? YOU'LL " BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR"? LISTEN UP , I DON'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN MYSELF TO YOU, SO GO FUCK YOURSELF BUDDY, WAS FUN , NOW IT'S BORING, INCESSANT AND JUST TOO MUCH

WHY DO YOU EVEN CARE????????????????

TJ347
05-21-2007, 01:41 AM

You're encoding MP3s (and apparently all the time, and not just for the last few days), so you type everything in caps, huh? Yeah, I'll buy that for a dollar. :roll:

EXCUSE ME? YOU'LL " BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR"? LISTEN UP , I DON'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN MYSELF TO YOU, SO GO FUCK YOURSELF BUDDY, WAS FUN , NOW IT'S BORING, INCESSANT AND JUST TOO MUCH

WHY DO YOU EVEN CARE????????????????

"Now it's boring"? You've been boring for quite a while, so far as I'm concerned. Anyway, as to why I even care, I don't. I just think it's sad that a throwaway comment on my part can result in you coming unglued so easily. In fact, it's more than sad, it's downright pathetic, which is in keeping with what I'd thought about you nearly from the start. Do try to put the pieces of your shattered ego back together quickly, that you may enjoy the rest of your day! :moon

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-21-2007, 04:13 AM
I posted a poll on the topic of TS mods a couple of months ago, and nominated Peggy Gee to be a one. But it was deleted in less than 5 minutes. Gee, I wonder who would've done that. ;-)

Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness.
Martin Luther King, Jr