PDA

View Full Version : ...

castabyss
05-19-2007, 01:49 AM
People have been banned before and I don't think it caused a mass exodus. Nice post.

CA

tsntx
05-19-2007, 01:51 AM
:claps well its nice to know im not the only girl here that is tired of this kind of crap, the mods have helped me here and there w/ a few things: removing pics being posted i dont like, deleting comments that have put my personal security at risk, amongst some other things... however they could have easily killed 2 birds w/ one stone by banning certain "members" that choose to make new id's just to start problems w/ other members, this whole situatition, for me, would be a lot different if members werent allowed to have 10 different id's, 1 for each person they dont like, for the sole reason of starting flame threads.... talk shit under your real id or get banned :claps

LG
05-19-2007, 01:52 AM
Amen to that (apart from the last bit- I like your longer posts, so please post them when you can).

There's too much negativity here lately. As for banning members, I think people should receive warnings from mods if the mods observe that the posters in question were viciously attacking others or that the majority of other posters wanted them to go. After three strikes over a short period, their account should be suspended. On the second suspension they should be banned for good. Just a suggestion for the mods, who as you say, are doing a pretty good job. I'm sure it can't be easy.

Kabuki
05-19-2007, 01:55 AM
I think Leora clearly stated what a lot of us believe :P

hwbs
05-19-2007, 01:56 AM
well its not that simple..most people with a little internet knowledge can just make up another account...we have banned a bunch of people and they just create a new id and continue to create trouble...sorry that is just the way it is...

TrueBeauty TS
05-19-2007, 01:57 AM
I'm not sure exactly how to put this. I'm not the type to make requests such as these but was wondering the rational process for keeping members on the board who continuously start trouble and spread negativity. Constructive criticism is one thing, but being visious and mean is another. I myself stay out of it the best I can and skip over all the back and forth between some of the members but it sucks to see people who write interesting posts leave because of others who continuously harass them. Been thinking a lot before sending this about reasons why not much is done. Either the difficulty in figuring out who started what, how many times it should take before someone is removed, and the viciousness of the message. Or possibly the fear of banning more people would result in more people leaving the board than if one or two elect to leave to spare themselves the drama. Either way, I think it can be agreed that the mood of this place would be better off if people who start threads with the goal of purely bringing another person down were dealt with.

At the same time, I also wanted to be sure to thank the mods for the work they have done in the past to try and make this board better. I'll go back to my 1 or 2 line posts now 8)

I would guess the more flame wars/shit starters there are, the more traffic this board gets. The more traffic this board gets, the more publicity there is for the other topics such as new releases, website updates, parties, etc.

It's in the boards interest to keep things stirred up here.

tsntx
05-19-2007, 02:07 AM
well its not that simple..most people with a little internet knowledge can just make up another account...we have banned a bunch of people and they just create a new id and continue to create trouble...sorry that is just the way it is...

so basically theres "nothing" yall can do?

no ip blockage or email?

so they make a new id.... big deal... doesnt monica?
yall ban her new ids quick bc she makes it clear who she is and the drama she brings is fast behind her... just like w/ this richie rich loser 100+ posts in a 24hr span... he shouldnt have gotten past post 2 after his FIRST post was to insult a member.

it might take up a lot of yalls time to ban the jackasses over and over and over but isnt that better then allowing them to stay?

seems simple enough to me... you shut them down enough eventually theyll straighten up or theyll move on... if not ban em some more...

Jericho
05-19-2007, 02:16 AM

Yep, it's kinda futile banning them.
At least while they're keeping their ID, you instantly know who they are and have the option of ignoring their threads.

tsntx
05-19-2007, 02:27 AM
its not about "ignoring threads" its about ignoring the other 99 posts they made that day in other threads

DavidLynch
05-19-2007, 02:27 AM
Dynamic IP's which is what the guy is most likely on have been the bane of Admin's existance around the world. No use in banning. You could ban the range but that will effect any other possible users in that service provider's group.

:?

mustang
05-19-2007, 02:35 AM
That is a shame too. This board is very good. I would hate to see a few people ruin it. This isn't the first time I have logged on and seen a post about someone leaving. So many people attacking one another lately.

LG
05-19-2007, 02:36 AM
That is a shame too. This board is very good. I would hate to see a few people ruin it. This isn't the first time I have logged on and seen a post about someone leaving. So many people attacking one another lately.

Anyway, richierich26 seems to have been banned...

Jericho
05-19-2007, 02:38 AM
its not about "ignoring threads" its about ignoring the other 99 posts they made that day in other threads

Yah, but all teenagers are attention whores.
Just ignore the fuckwit, it'll drive him/her/them nuts [i know, i know, easier said than done].

TJ347
05-19-2007, 02:45 AM
Just ignore the fuckwit, it'll drive him/her/them nuts [i know, i know, easier said than done].

You're right, and you're right again. I mean, you ignore a few comments, and then there's one that annoys you just enough that you've just got to say something, and there you are, having fallen right back into the trap... Indeed, ignoring an asshole is easier said than done, sadly.

TJ347
05-19-2007, 02:46 AM
Double post! My bad! (Is it still "cool" to say that?)

General Disarray
05-19-2007, 03:56 AM
The drama is annoying

ezed
05-19-2007, 05:04 AM
The mods do a good job. You can't get everyone right away, but eventually they seem to get most. :claps

Colorado Bulldog
05-19-2007, 05:16 AM

Yah, but all teenagers are attention whores.

Good advice. Don't feed the trolls!

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-19-2007, 06:04 AM
Dynamic IP's which is what the guy is most likely on have been the bane of Admin's existance around the world. No use in banning. You could ban the range but that will effect any other possible users in that service provider's group.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO FUCKING TRUE

look I will admit there are a bunch of assholes making up aliases and coming on saying what they don't have the courage to say under their real usernames, but we do the best we can as mods to decide whether or not to keep the thread active to let you all dissect the idiot, lock the thread(s) the idiots begin, or ban them all together and delete any threads they started....... it's a full time job maintained by people with actual full time jobs offline.

As of late if there has been a seriously disturbing issue many of you have done the right thing and contacted me via private messaging, instant messaging, or if you're a hot chick: a call on the cell. And believe me, the minute you do that I am ON IT ASAP.................. keep up the good work on your end and we mods will continue to make you happy.............

The Truth
05-19-2007, 06:14 AM
I can't speak for everyone here at HA, but I like coming to this forum a lot. So I really appreaciate the mods trying to keep all these jerks offs under control. I know that sometimes some of us don't make things any easier, but we do it because we want to keep HA as it is: a cool, friendly site to enjoy the only thing we have in common: TGs.

TJ347
05-19-2007, 08:05 AM
I can't speak for everyone here at HA, but I like coming to this forum a lot. So I really appreaciate the mods trying to keep all these jerks offs under control. I know that sometimes some of us don't make things any easier, but we do it because we want to keep HA as it is: a cool, friendly site to enjoy the only thing we have in common: TGs.

:claps :rock2 CO to the SIGN!!! :rock2 :claps

MacShreach
05-19-2007, 11:36 AM
I think it can be agreed that the mood of this place would be better off if people who start threads with the goal of purely bringing another person down were dealt with.

At the same time, I also wanted to be sure to thank the mods for the work they have done in the past to try and make this board better. I'll go back to my 1 or 2 line posts now 8)

Sweet child I wish you would say more more often. I appreciate the difficulties the mods have in keeping track, and it's easy for a thread to get hijacked unnoticed, but I totally agree-- a thread that is designed to cause hurt or offence to someone or just stir up trouble is identifiable from its title (otherwise there would be little point) and it should just be deleted from the get-go.

idiot savant
05-19-2007, 12:01 PM
I agree with you, that's the reason I "lurk" more than I should have.

johnnyshemalelover
05-19-2007, 01:10 PM

Logging their IPs would take care of that, wouldn't it?

johnnyshemalelover
05-19-2007, 01:14 PM

SO FUCKING TRUE

look I will admit there are a bunch of assholes making up aliases and coming on saying what they don't have the courage to say under their real usernames, but we do the best we can as mods to decide whether or not to keep the thread active to let you all dissect the idiot, lock the thread(s) the idiots begin, or ban them all together and delete any threads they started....... it's a full time job maintained by people with actual full time jobs offline.

As of late if there has been a seriously disturbing issue many of you have done the right thing and contacted me via private messaging, instant messaging, or if you're a hot chick: a call on the cell. And believe me, the minute you do that I am ON IT ASAP.................. keep up the good work on your end and we mods will continue to make you happy.............

Oh, I see... Dynamic IPs. Crap. Too bad the board software doesn't have the ability for users to "hide" certain other users' posts.

Kriss
05-19-2007, 04:25 PM

it might take up a lot of yalls time to ban the jackasses over and over and over but isnt that better then allowing them to stay?

seems simple enough to me... you shut them down enough eventually theyll straighten up or theyll move on... if not ban em some more...

If you get your OWN forum then you could spend all day, every day banning them yourself, or maybe you could have ignored them from the start (like other girls do) instead of ALWAYS responding, arguing, pouring gas on thier crazy obsession, because perhaps you like the drama or maybe just can't help yourself responding when you know it is beSt NOT to feed the troll.I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU NOT TO RESPOND!
YES, blacktragic IS a weirdo, offensive, possibly dangerous, definately has stalker written all over him BUT................How can you expect the mods to be constantly banning people that YOU encouraged by continuing to argue with them? again and again and again.

[....... it's a full time job maintained by people with actual full time jobs offline................... keep up the good work on your end and we mods will continue to make you happy............. [/b]

:rock2

[ I find it hard to believe that the mods don't know exactly what's going on here, purposely allow it, and like it that way. the logic is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

OH COME ON, YOU LOVED ARGUING WITH BLACKTRAGIC, NEEDLESSLY KEEPING TIRED THREADS GOING BY RESPONDING TO HIS CRAP, YOU EJOYED MAKING HIM LOOK MORE FOOLISH AND BAITING HIM SO DON'T SAY THE MODS ARE HAPPY WITH THE PSYCHO-BULLIES BEING HERE.

blackmagic
05-19-2007, 09:01 PM

SO FUCKING TRUE

Dynamic or static it doesnt matter, when i worked for a WAN/ISP our customers had the option to call us and request a new address at any time, not only that but theres 3 other ways of changing it. But bottom line...... johnny you should still ban.......... More than half the people in this forum do not have the skillz or knowledge on how to come back with a different address. But for those who are addicted, I guess they will find some way back on here, kinda defeats the purpose of banning like you said above.