PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy + Bush = Open Borders

White_Male_Canada
05-17-2007, 01:25 AM
Bush, Kennedy Join Forces Over Immigration

By Kathy Kiely, USA TODAY

WASHINGTON (May 16) -- As he presses for legacy-building immigration legislation, President Bush finds himself aligned with the same unlikely ally who helped enact his first major domestic initiative.

That would be Sen. Edward Kennedy, the Massachusetts Democrat who played a crucial role in crafting and passing the No Child Left Behind Act, the president's massive effort to overhaul education policy.

As in their earlier partnership, both men are trying to keep the outer ideological edges of their parties on board. Kennedy is working to persuade Democratic liberals to support an immigration package that's more punitive to illegal immigrants than some would like, while Bush works to convince Republican conservatives of the need to give some of those estimated 12 million illegal immigrants a chance at citizenship.

Though they may disagree over some details, Kennedy and Bush have indicated support for the same basic elements of a bill: stronger border security and more stringent enforcement of laws against hiring illegal workers; a larger "guest worker" program; and a program to legalize workers now living here illegally.

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/bush-kennedy-join-forces-over/20070516070509990086?ncid=NWS00010000000001

White_Male_Canada
05-17-2007, 01:35 AM
Multiple sources on Capitol Hill with knowledge of the proposal said Sen. Teddy Kennedy (D.-Mass.) has been able to extract significant concessions from Republicans. The critical part of the deal is a lengthy section that spells out the provisions related to “Z” visas -- or what my sources described as the “Amnesty Title” of the bill. The “Z” visas would be broken down into three categories as follows:

Z-1 -- Illegal alien present and working in the United States up to January 1, 2007
Z-2 -- Parents and spouses of illegal aliens qualifying under the Z-1 category
Z-3 -- Children of illegal aliens qualifying under the Z-1 category

Read on ...

One section of the proposal grants these “Z” non-immigrants four-year visas for an indefinite period of time. These visas would be given to people not currently in the United States if they are related to a current illegal worker.

Sources indicate that these aliens, along with their dependents, would be allowed to legally remain in the United States under certain conditions for an indefinite period of time, even if they chose not to pursue the so called “pathway to citizenship.”

The burden of proof would be low for illegal aliens to prove that they were continually illegally present in United States. This provision would reward the illegal alien for proving continual illegal presence and illegal employment in the United States with a “Z” visa. This provision in the Kennedy deal, approved by some Republicans, is clearly amnesty under any definition, according to immigration experts whom I consulted.

The proposal would require illegal immigrants to pay a fine to apply for the “Z” visa, but despite that penalty, conservatives are likely characterize this deal as a major sell out to Kennedy and his pro-amnesty allies.

http://www.redstate.com/stories/featured_stories/immigration_deal_would_grant_amnesty_to_parents_sp ouses_and_children

svenson
05-17-2007, 01:38 AM
white-male-canada + words = lies

white-male-canada + other male persons = pantywaist

specialk
05-17-2007, 11:48 PM

TAAADDAA!!! :claps

White_Male_Canada
05-18-2007, 12:54 AM

TAAADDAA!!! :claps

So the deal struck by Congress and POTUS is not amnesty for 12 million foreigners who`ve invaded the USA?

9 to 12 million foreigners will be eligible for welfare, unemployment benefits, social security, medicare, etc. You understand the majority of those foreigners do not even have a high school diploma.So a 55 year old foreigner who`s now been granted amnesty can in a few decades or less collect social security and get medical care while barely paying any taxes.

Is it worth open borders for those new democrat voters ?

Oli
05-18-2007, 01:42 AM
I'd be interested to know what you would do with the 12 million illegals here now?

specialk
05-18-2007, 01:46 AM
I call it amnesty....flat out.

White_Male_Canada
05-18-2007, 01:47 AM
I'd be interested to know what you would do with the 12 million illegals here now?

Uhh, enforce `86 Simpson-Mazzoli .

Duhh ! :smh

White_Male_Canada
05-18-2007, 01:55 AM
Open borders worth the new 9 million democrtat voters?

Report: Illegal Immigration Could Cost Taxpayers Trillions

The National Academy of Sciences estimated that each immigrant will result in a $100,000 net annual cost to taxpayers.

Among the NAS study findings are:

Immigration is the driving force behind rapid population growth.
Immigration has a negative impact on lower-skilled, less-educated Americans.
Immigration is exacerbating the wealth gap.
Immigration has contributed to the increase in high school dropouts.
Immigrant-headed households use more in government services than they contribute in state and local taxes.
Immigration is a substantial tax burden to native households, especially in states with large immigrant populations, and, on average, for the nation as a whole.

Oli
05-18-2007, 02:18 AM

How much are you going to budget to do that?

White_Male_Canada
05-18-2007, 02:49 AM

How much are you going to budget to do that?

The one that pays for this:

http://www.ice.gov/

Oli
05-18-2007, 04:49 AM
I wasn't clear with my question. There are 9 to 12 million illegals in the US. For the most part they are not taxed and draw heavily on social services. They also add substantially to the economy with their work and spending.
Now, what do we do with them? Is it realistic to think that they will leave of their own volition? Is it realistic to attempt to deport them all? What are the economic consequences of those options?

And it cracked me up that the ICE website is in english and spanish!

bucatini70
05-18-2007, 05:18 PM
No one speaks of the RACIST Agenda in these policies ....they pass immigration laws based entirely on Mexician border migration...the illegal Canadians who pass each day no problem...the english who overstay ok! It is a disgrace ....and yes we know that mexicans cross at higher numbers than other groups but not higher than the total of whole group!!!!

White_Male_Canada
05-18-2007, 06:03 PM
I wasn't clear with my question. There are 9 to 12 million illegals in the US. For the most part they are not taxed and draw heavily on social services. They also add substantially to the economy with their work and spending.
Now, what do we do with them? Is it realistic to think that they will leave of their own volition? Is it realistic to attempt to deport them all? What are the economic consequences of those options?

And it cracked me up that the ICE website is in english and spanish!

It`s far easier to penalize the companies that pay foreigners in cash, much harder chasing individuals. It`s that simple. Make life financially unbearable for companies that pay below minimum wage and the foreigners will leave for lack of work.

Those jobs that "americans won`t do" ? They pay below min. wage. What Congress/bush has done is simply make illegal foreigners, American. Now they won`t work for less than Min. wage and a whole new wave of foreigners will now take their place. It`s a complete, total sell out of sovereignty.

Quinn
05-19-2007, 11:03 PM
Those jobs that "americans won`t do" ? They pay below min. wage. What Congress/bush has done is simply make illegal foreigners, American. Now they won`t work for less than Min. wage and a whole new wave of foreigners will now take their place. It`s a complete, total sell out of sovereignty.

Wow, you're actually willing to acknowledge a mistake on the part of the Bush Administration. Congrats on taking such a momentous step forward in your thinking.

No matter how you cut it, this is deal bad economics for this nation’s lower and middle classes. When your average family of illegal immigrants contributes $9,000 a year in taxes while using $41,000 a year from various social programs, you have a recipe for disaster. Then again, when half of illegal immigrant laborers haven't even completed high-school or its equivalent, their earnings potential and ability to contribute to this nation's tax base will remain marginal.

bottom line: I'm all for regulated, legal immigration to maintain this nation’s vitality; however, this deal and any maintenance of the status quo is an unmitigated disaster for everyone already concerned about Social Security, Medicare, and the already imperiled health care system.

Yet another situation where the leadership of both parties ignores the interests of the American people to serve their own narrow goals. Any polling data I've seen shows the overwhelming majority of Americans want to stem the flow of illegal immigration and are against any form of amnesty.

-Quinn

White_Male_Canada
05-22-2007, 01:49 AM
Top Democratic leaders and activists see Hispanic migration as a long-term opportunity for the party. The arrival of additional immigrant workers is "bad for blue-collars," Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, told National Journal late last year. But immigrants can help elect Democratic majorities, and "if [a Democratic Congress] were to significantly strengthen unions, then you would offset the negative effect on the income of workers," he said.