PDA

View Full Version : Coming to you live from the butthole of the world

General Disarray
05-17-2007, 01:18 AM
I live in Omaha Nebraska. This place is an awful place, it has a lot of gang violence lately (are they fighting over corn fields or something?) It is the mecca for televengelists and Jerry Fallwel-ites. Everybody here is white trash to some degree, while some put on an elite facade and freequent the one and only art museum we have here.

worst part?
not one transgendered, lesbian, bisexual, or gay person. So everybody here is judging something they have never laid eyes on in person. It leads to weird outlandish rumors like gays try to adopt children to turn them into sex slaves.

God I hate this place.

Why do you hate where you live?

tsntx
05-17-2007, 01:21 AM
actually i happen to know quite a few ppl from and that still live there in omaha. youre never "alone"

and i LOVE where i live.

maybe you should move or learn how to adjust.

General Disarray
05-17-2007, 01:22 AM
actually i happen to know quite a few ppl from and that still live there in omaha. youre never "alone"

and i LOVE where i live.

maybe you should move or learn how to adjust.
really?
I feel better now, thank you :D

HeHateMe
05-17-2007, 01:24 AM
I love where I live also. Ironically it is Texas! Maybe you should move down here.

tsntx
05-17-2007, 01:30 AM
ive lived in a few different states and ive lived in a few diff cities in tx but austin is the place to be.

General Disarray
05-17-2007, 01:31 AM
ive lived in a few different states and ive lived in a few diff cities in tx but austin is the place to be.
why?

DavidLynch
05-17-2007, 01:34 AM
I had a friend who recently moved to Austin and was egging me on to do the same. He says it's a pretty laid back place, very open and very unlike the rest of Texas. Personally I wouldn't be able to stand the Longhorn fans.

8)

loverboy1513
05-17-2007, 01:42 AM
I believe that 500 people are moving to texas each day , im in nevada and it was 7000 people a month . but that slowed down quite a bit ( they also dont tell you how many move out ) good luck with the increased traffic , it blows here compared to 5 years ago . but im from the rust belt , and anything beats that pit ....

Quinn
05-17-2007, 01:48 AM
Like most people, I always thought the world's butthole was New Jersey. I guess you learn something new every day.

-Quinn

BeardedOne
05-17-2007, 02:22 AM
Like most people, I always thought the world's butthole was New Jersey. I guess you learn something new every day.

-Quinn

Directions from NY to NJ: Go west until you smell it, south until you step in it. :lol: This is not inaccurate, if you have gotten a whiff of Elizabeth and Perth Amboy. *Whew!*

As for Yomamaha, I didn't realize it was that bad. I stayed there one night at the Horrorday Inn conference center in 2005. Yah, I was a bit put out that the bar closed at nine, but otherwise it wasn't so bad. 'Course, this is the city that moved a mountain (Terraforming at its very best) and tried to lynch its mayor from a lamppost in the forties, but hey, they all have their quirks. ;)

And talk about rule-of-law. When 1947 came round, they were real quick to pull the 50 year franchise of the O&CB street railway. Time's up! Tear the wires down! Jeez. Even their streetcar conductors were a bit whacked, setting fire to the cars during a strike. :roll:

OK, maybe it really =is= that bad. :?

tsntx
05-17-2007, 02:36 AM
I had a friend who recently moved to Austin and was egging me on to do the same. He says it's a pretty laid back place, very open and very unlike the rest of Texas. Personally I wouldn't be able to stand the Longhorn fans.

8)

pretty much what he said

i can go to the lake fully nude and only a few heads turn, i can work at a popular all night resturant and i get hit on by men and women that both know and some that dont know my T and they still dont care, i can walk down the street day or night holding hands w/ a guy or a girl and not fear that my life is in danger, weve had a homeless CD/TV run for mayor several times

you can be yourself, love whoever you want, live your life the way you choose and nobody seems to have a problem here

and ive lived all over tx. ive never seen half the stereotypes most ppl share about this state... if you feel its full of rednecks and close minded assholes... youve probably never been here so what does that make you?

Quinn
05-17-2007, 02:47 AM

-Quinn

Directions from NY to NJ: Go west until you smell it, south until you step in it. :lol: This is not inaccurate, if you have gotten a whiff of Elizabeth and Perth Amboy. *Whew!*

They don't call it the armpit of the US for nothing. Unfortunately for my olfactory sense, I drive through that area all too frequently, playing my least favorite game the whole way: "what in the hell is that smell?"

Kabuki
05-17-2007, 02:54 AM

-Quinn

They don't call it the armpit of the US for nothing. Unfortunately for my olfactory sense, I drive through that area all too frequently, playing my least favorite game the whole way: "what in the hell is that smell?"

That smell in NJ is pretty intense. I had my windows up, and the smell still continued to bother me. I haven't been back to NJ since that trip, and hopefully I'll never go back.

General Disarray
05-17-2007, 03:25 AM
I want to go to Austin!

TJ347
05-17-2007, 10:22 AM

-Quinn

That smell in NJ is pretty intense. I had my windows up, and the smell still continued to bother me. I haven't been back to NJ since that trip, and hopefully I'll never go back.

I'd love to know where in New Jersey you all have been, seeing as how I never noticed any "smell", except in north Jersey, where there is indeed an unusual scent in the air. There are also a number of factories and such in north Jersey, so it stands to reason that these may be responsible for the smell. Of course, it also stinks by the shore in Atlantic City sometimes... but of course, it's all roses and lilacs throughout the state you live in, right? Yeah... :roll:

P.S. Elizabeth and Perth Amboy are in north Jersey, where I have indeed "smelled that smell". There are hot Puerto Rican chicks in both towns, I might add... :)

jefferson1776
05-17-2007, 11:20 AM
Miami is one of the most superficial places in America. Its the perfect place for showoffs and ppl who are selfish and have high selfworth. Otherwise I guess its ok, aside from the hurricanes. You see an enormous contrast between the rich and the poor here, one can be living in a ghetto trailer home and only a few miles a way is a multimillion dollar yacht. But I hear that the nightlife is world-famous, but to be honest, after a few nights out in town it gets boring. Same class of showoffs and druggies listening to house and rave music...bleh. I long for a place thats a bit more real.

moose146
05-17-2007, 11:49 AM
Is there something keeping you there? I know how you feel 1 year ago i moved to a small country town from the coast in that time ive split with my partner of 12 years and have 2 travel 1.5 hours every two weeks to see my 2 kids Fuck i wish i could turn back time

Balcanoid
05-17-2007, 12:08 PM
I live in Omaha Nebraska. This place is an awful place, it has a lot of gang violence lately (are they fighting over corn fields or something?) It is the mecca for televengelists and Jerry Fallwel-ites....
God I hate this place.
Why do you hate where you live?

You think you have seen a butthole of the World? No, my friend, you have not!
Come to Europe by boat (for example: to Amsterdamm), take a train across Europe to the Belgrade, rent a car and go south, then at some point, you should leave the vehicle and rent a goat...after a while, when the goat drop dead exhausted, you should proceed by foot for a couple of days....after that, at some point you find suitable, have a stop and look around .....there`s, my friend, the Hole you think you`re in right now

DavidLynch
05-17-2007, 12:14 PM
Texas is hardly a redneck state. You have to look a lil to the east of Texas to find 'em.

iloveshemales77
05-17-2007, 01:41 PM
dang,,double post again...

iloveshemales77
05-17-2007, 01:43 PM
You think you have seen a butthole of the World? No, my friend, you have not!
Come to Europe by boat (for example: to Amsterdamm), take a train across Europe to the Belgrade, rent a car and go south, then at some point, you should leave the vehicle and rent a goat...after a while, when the goat drop dead exhausted, you should proceed by foot for a couple of days....after that, at some point you find suitable, have a stop and look around .....there`s, my friend, the Hole you think you`re in right now[/quote]

you mean somewhere near this guys hometown?

Balcanoid
05-17-2007, 04:00 PM
you mean somewhere near this guys hometown?

No, this is a high-end civilization... :wink: but, there`s some likeness..

whatsupwithat
05-17-2007, 04:21 PM
The one thing I always loved/noticed about Texas was the girls. So many beautiful girls. Not the model/glamorous-types we have here in the city, but just down'to-earth, beautiful girls. And they're so friendly.

BUT...and that's a big BUT...Texas gave us Bush. Fuck you, Texas. :)

Perverted Monk
05-17-2007, 05:42 PM
For me its only New England or California. I love my blue states and coast lines.

Quinn
05-17-2007, 05:56 PM

-Quinn

I'd love to know where in New Jersey you all have been, seeing as how I never noticed any "smell", except in north Jersey, where there is indeed an unusual scent in the air. There are also a number of factories and such in north Jersey, so it stands to reason that these may be responsible for the smell. Of course, it also stinks by the shore in Atlantic City sometimes... but of course, it's all roses and lilacs throughout the state you live in, right? Yeah... :roll:

P.S. Elizabeth and Perth Amboy are in north Jersey, where I have indeed "smelled that smell". There are hot Puerto Rican chicks in both towns, I might add... :)

Oh, so it's just the northern part of the state that's replete with the stench of industrial waste, etc. That's much better :roll: Speaking as someone who lived in Jersey for many years (north, central, and southern at different points), I can tell you that the smell is the least of that state's problems (highest property taxes in the US, highest auto insurance rates in the US, most congested state in the US, etc.). Jersey's exceedingly bad reputation is well deserved.

-Quinn

suckseed
05-17-2007, 06:56 PM

-Quinn

Back in my Colorado days, I had a friend who would say, "She told me to kiss her where it stinks, so I took her to Commerce City." There are refineries and a dog food factory there that'll curl your toes. Outside of Greeley is some kind of stockyard that stinks up the county regularly...instant vegetarianism for some.
So far, nothing in Oregon has been smelly. Cept the flowers.

Balcanoid
05-17-2007, 07:26 PM
Well, this one turn up to be "the smell thread"...

werwt22
05-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Well I'm back and forth between D.C., VA, NY, and ATL so when one place gets boring to me and can visit another and actually know where I'm going and some of the things I can do when I go out.

iloveshemales77
05-17-2007, 09:54 PM
When I was working in NY, me and a couple of other guys used to share a cab downtown from 50th & 3rd down the FDR Drive. Every time we passed the vicinity of South Street Seaport one of us would say, "You know, all of a sudden I have to think of my former Girlfriend." It became a kind of morning ritual who would blurt that one out. What a bunch of wankers we were!

BeardedOne
05-17-2007, 10:20 PM
There are actually some quite lovely areas in Joisey, the woods and lakes around Sparta, the communities along US 40 going to AC and Cape May and its famous 'painted ladies'. Of course, any Sopranos fan worth their Alfredo sauce remembers Christohper and Paulie's misadvneture in the Pine Barrens (I'm sure quite a few bodies have been dumped there and there are even a couple of dead towns hiding in amongst the trees). The Delaware Water Gap (The border between NJ and PA) is not to be missed if you are in a wandering mode.

Unfortunately, many of us are more commuter than tourist and know the state mostly for that massive blot of industry between Exits 11 and 15. Refineries, paint factories, power plants, and lets not forget the jet fumes blowing across the road from EUR. Bleah!

Joisey has no monopoly on that shit. I live not far from a town that sold its soul for tax revenue much like the Amboys, Niagara Falls, and other depressed areas. Every so often there is a wave of methane and #2 heating oil scents drifting around the neighborhood from the refinery there. I can never identify the aromas from the adjoining checmical plant. Not sure I want to. Then there was the day of the explosion and fire, the one that melted the contract worker (They only found his boots), neighbors said the place was really ripe then. :puke

the Adrienne Barbeaubot
05-18-2007, 05:39 AM
Alright! Enough with the cracks about Jersey.It may not be the greatest place to live,it may stink like shit in some areas, and the tax and insurance situation is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable;but it's where I call home. Where I live is not so bad. It's actually sort of rural/suburbia,and I'm only 1 hour from Manhattan where all the action is.For 1 month out of the year I live on the isle of Lesvos in Greece and over there it's 100 times better and more beautiful than New Jersey.

TJ347
05-18-2007, 06:03 AM
Oh, so it's just the northern part of the state that's replete with the stench of industrial waste, etc. That's much better :roll:

I notice a certain smell in northern NJ and around the Atlantic City area. Having lived in Trenton, Princeton, Hamilton and Lawrenceville, I never noticed any peculiar smells. So yes, it's the northern part of the state and areas close to the water that have strange odors, from what I've experienced. If you've experienced something different, do tell, as I would doubt anyone that has been to NJ outside of the shore or industrial areas would have come across any foul stench, with the possible exception of Camden, which is overrun by rats feasting on a decade's worth of uncollected garbage.

jefferson1776
05-18-2007, 07:35 AM
Florida is Americas PENIS

http://www.iamlost.com/features/wang/wang_logo.gif

http://www.foulmouthshirts.com/T_SHIRT_D/thumbnails/fl3tn.jpg