PDA

View Full Version : Drawn on eyebrows...?

Fox
05-16-2007, 09:32 PM
'kay, over the years I've notice sooo many women (mostly latina from what I've seen) shave their eyebrows only to draw them back on. Why? I could see if it was cute, but it's not. I'm not trying to clown anyone, but it makes them look worse. It's like me shaving my arm hair only to draw it back on, what's the point? Why not just trim it if it's too thick?

Now like I said, in Southern Cali I've mostly noticed this with latina women, could it be a cultural thing maybe? I can't recall a time I ever saw it and said to myself "Hey, that's hot." because it looks unnatural.

Examples below. Sorry, no non-naked examples I can find.

tsntx
05-16-2007, 09:35 PM
haha nothing says natural like a dark brown pencil drawn all over your face

trannybanger
05-16-2007, 09:37 PM
i have seen it in lots of places, but yes some ethnicities do it more than others. i have to say though it can look pretty hot, just depends on the girl. but i think that applies with all things really.

tsntx
05-16-2007, 09:39 PM
the reason for it is b/c of their male brow bones pertrude a lil too much and their foreheads are a lil too high and they are a lil too broke to get a brow shave and brow lift. so this way they shave off the hair and can now draw on a feminine looking eyebrow HIGHER then where their hair grows thus maximizing the eye pallette for more flattering makeup looks and giving a forced perspective on a smaller forehead

Luna555
05-16-2007, 09:41 PM
Lol yeah I thinkit is a cultural thing but I have mostly seen it in the hispanic-american community especially in the west. I think it is influential due to like gangs and stuff like that. I dont htink its attractive either.

Oh actually most gys probably dont knwo this but alot of girls trim their eyebrows and they still fill themin with color tomake them more full. I suppose. Alot of stars do it. I think that looks much better but only to make them look full. But to shav themoff and add a thin line of liner, i dont htink thats very attractive.

Alison Faraday
05-16-2007, 09:42 PM
Simply put; It looks ridiculous.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
05-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Co-sign!

LOL

~Kisses.

HTG

tsntx
05-16-2007, 09:44 PM
Oh actually most gys probably dont knwo this but alot of girls trim their eyebrows and they still fill themin with color tomake them more full.

thats what i do... but its not to make them look fuller its to give them a lighter appearance to compliment my hair color but not be as drastic as the natural color that comes out of my brows which is a dark dark brown

youre eyebrows should be darker then your haircolor but only by a couple shades

Luna555
05-16-2007, 09:48 PM
Oh actually most gys probably dont knwo this but alot of girls trim their eyebrows and they still fill themin with color tomake them more full.

thats what i do... but its not to make them look fuller its to give them a lighter appearance to compliment my hair color but not be as drastic as the natural color that comes out of my brows which is a dark dark brown

I agree. And actually I DO IT TOO. :) I like mines a bit thicker though simply because I think it goes better with me. Also I read in Glamour that thicker eyebrows give more of a child-like look. Stars that have thicker eyeborws would be Kyra Knightley... Haha. Ive had thin eyebrows but they dont work for me.

tsntx
05-16-2007, 09:52 PM
i prefer a thicker brow as well, at least compared to my friends. lol

Fox
05-16-2007, 09:54 PM
haha nothing says natural like a dark brown pencil drawn all over your face

LMAO... gut buster.

Thanks for the explanation ladies. If that's what you do, Jen, it's looks great because it looks completely natural.

Luna555
05-16-2007, 09:55 PM
Yeah Mines are way thicker than most girls I know.

tsntx
05-16-2007, 09:58 PM
thnx. if it doesnt look "natural" then youre doing it wrong lol

DavidLynch
05-16-2007, 10:00 PM
Holy shit. I've seen my share of gals who look like their eyebrows were drawn in by Disney animators.

trannybanger
05-16-2007, 10:09 PM
i will admit, 99% of the time it looks bad. but i wish i had a pic, cause i do remember some hot latin girls that did it in high school and stuff. they were not trans women, and they were definitely hood rat ghetto, but if you like that flavor... they looked hot. i am gonna look for a photo somewhere.

tsntx
05-16-2007, 10:12 PM
everyone wants to look like barbie....

but girls should leave the painted look to the artists

hotbottomguy
05-16-2007, 10:14 PM
love the barbie look

Luna555
05-16-2007, 10:15 PM
i will admit, 99% of the time it looks bad. but i wish i had a pic, cause i do remember some hot latin girls that did it in high school and stuff. they were not trans women, and they were definitely hood rat ghetto, but if you like that flavor... they looked hot. i am gonna look for a photo somewhere.

Lol I know what you mean. My sister's friends used to do thatand actually I think my sister did it like that once. They were "hood rat ghetto" I suppose...lol they called themselves cholillas.Now that i think about it it was so funny, they used to think they were the shit...haha even my sister laughs at herself for doing that. lol

When I went to california all the hispanic girls there had it drawn on. Also alot of teh gang movies with hispanis alot of the girls have them like Mi Vida Loca. I miss that movie. I havent seen it in ages. LOL[/i]

tsntx
05-16-2007, 10:16 PM
time and a place for everything and every look

painted eyebrows should be for clowns, nightclub performers, or someone having fun w/ makeup

not for use as a day to day look

DavidLynch
05-16-2007, 10:17 PM
Hmm, a lil green skin never hurt anybody.

hotbottomguy
05-16-2007, 10:17 PM
very hot

trannybanger
05-16-2007, 10:18 PM

Lol I know what you mean. My sister's friends used to do thatand actually I think my sister did it like that once. They were "hood rat ghetto" I suppose...lol they called themselves cholillas.Now that i think about it it was so funny, they used to think they were the shit...haha even my sister laughs at herself for doing that. lol

When I went to california all the hispanic girls there had it drawn on. Also alot of teh gang movies with hispanis alot of the girls have them like Mi Vida Loca. I miss that movie. I havent seen it in ages. LOL[/i]

OMG I Love That Movie!!! It is one of my favorites, I have the dvd. It rocks!

So you understand what I am talking about... there are a couple of cholillas that look good in their own way like that..

Kriss
05-16-2007, 10:19 PM
It's like me shaving my arm hair only to draw it back on, what's the point?

this i would like to see :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the reason for it is b/c of their male brow bones pertrude a lil too much

this is funny shit,
wake up you lot, step out of your bubble. It's what girls do! i know loads of genetic girls that do this drawing on the eyebrow thing, it's so commeon, they all do it unless they have tiny, blond eyebrows,
lil secret, women pluck thier eyebrows, have body hair,

Oh actually most gys probably dont knwo this but alot of girls trim their eyebrows

INNIT!

TheOne1
05-16-2007, 10:19 PM
similar to rediculously large fake eyelashes...

Hara_Juku Tgirl
05-16-2007, 10:20 PM
Ive always loved thicker brows on women ala Liz Taylor, Betty Page or Jane Weidlin of the Go-go's etc. That's why I like thicker brows on me anyways. :P

~Kisses.

HTG

Luna555
05-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Lol yeah I know what you mean and yes some do look okay in it if thats their style. I remember my sister wanted to be like the main character.

Lol You know that music video by Gwen Stefani Luxurious, well I think she took that idea from that community.

tsntx
05-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Hmm, a lil green skin never hurt anybody.

shes actually one of my favorites

Dengoza
05-16-2007, 10:26 PM
Oh wow, Hara, how cool, I LOVE THICKER EYEBROWS!!!! YOU ROCK, ITS OFFICIAL!!!

I always winced when a girl plucked and took away the beautiful natural eyebrows... There was a girl I loved since childhood and she had thick eyebrows. I must say when she practically plucked them all but gone I just never saw her the same...

With all due respect, I love Mexican culture and latinas in general, but I must say that I really laughed out LOUD with the keep sharpies away from mexicans!!! OMG!!! THats sooo funny!

trannybanger
05-16-2007, 10:28 PM
Lol yeah I know what you mean and yes some do look okay in it if thats their style. I remember my sister wanted to be like the main character.

Lol You know that music video by Gwen Stefani Luxurious, well I think she took that idea from that community.

Mousie and Sad Girl... tight! I am gonna have to watch it today

Yeah since Gwen is from Anaheim... lots of thta culture around there.

tsntx
05-16-2007, 10:28 PM
lol thnx

Hara_Juku Tgirl
05-16-2007, 10:32 PM
Oh wow, Hara, how cool, I LOVE THICKER EYEBROWS!!!! YOU ROCK, ITS OFFICIAL!!!

I always winced when a girl plucked and took away the beautiful natural eyebrows... There was a girl I loved since childhood and she had thick eyebrows. I must say when she practically plucked them all but gone I just never saw her the same...

LOL Well dont hold your breath..I got mine's tattood already awhile back to save me time when getting ready! LOL :lol: Hehe..I just got tired drawing them on a daily basis. With Tatooed brows, All I gotta do now is follow the outline and fill them up with a brow pencil. Besides, I wont have any mistakes with one slightly thicker and or higher than the other one cos both brows were measured perfect symmetry before it gotten tattoed. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

Dengoza
05-16-2007, 10:49 PM
Oh, tattoed eyebrows, hmmm, you learn somthing new everyday here at HA

trannybanger
05-16-2007, 10:50 PM
yeah... you know it!

Fox
05-16-2007, 10:51 PM
I heard about some girls getting tatted up. Was it as painful and I'm imagining?

DavidLynch
05-16-2007, 11:04 PM
I don't know what it feels like to have a tattoo done and if it at all compares with havig stitches done but I once carved up my eye pretty fucking bad and I needed a crap load of stitches along my eyebrow down to my cheek bone. When they did the work around the eyebrows it hurt like a bitch. Didn't help that the guy was a rookie. The anesthesia wore off before he was done.

:x

Hara_Juku Tgirl
05-16-2007, 11:08 PM
Oh, tattoed eyebrows, hmmm, you learn somthing new everyday here at HA

Yes you do! It's called permanent eyebrows sweety.

http://www.hbskinspa.com/services.php?service_id=6

They sting sure but are all worth it! :P

~Kisses.

HTG

BeardedOne
05-16-2007, 11:12 PM
Heyyy, so that's what happened to the visor off my '52! :shock:

Oh, nice girls too. ;)

Interesting thread. I think it's the drawn-on eyebrows that tweaked me about the recent pix of Bruna Tavares. It just ain't right. :x Admittedly, she does have some rather impressive, natural lids (Almost in league with the Frida Kahlo 'unibrow') but they fit her nicely and accentuate her eyes and smile. It's clear that she's worked them before, but she kept much of her natural brow line and that's worked for her.

Vala_TS
05-17-2007, 05:29 PM
I thought about just shaving mine off and drawing them on but I guess I won't be doing that.

Vala,

ottorocket
05-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Ex girlfriend of mine had her eye liner tatoo'd on. I had to sit through the whole thing as she nearly squeezed my hand off. The outcome looked very good though.

Jen...your eyebrows look about perfect...as with everything else. :)

idiot savant
05-17-2007, 07:13 PM
I hate draw on eyebrows all together. shit don't look right.

Syler25
05-17-2007, 07:50 PM
ahh...looks creepy and ridiculous.

SarahG
05-18-2007, 12:03 AM
I heard about some girls getting tatted up. Was it as painful and I'm imagining?

Generally the less fatty tissue there is under the skin, the more its gonna hurt. Press on your brow and you can easily feel your bone, now try a place like your arm- you can feel the difference. Nerves are also involved, I hear behind the ears and the back of the neck are really painful places (although I've never met someone who has had ink either behind their ears or at the base of the back of their skull...). I have a very low pain threashhold but honestly, I never really felt getting my tat (it wasn't on my face however) until an hr afterwords- that sunburn sensation is uber annoying.

I've considered having my eyebrows filled in as a touchup-method with tattoos, because my eyebrows have a few sections that never fully fill in hair-wise. My normal, natural eyebrows aren't quite symetical but few people are completely symetical (i.e. one tit bigger then the other or one ball bigger than the other), myself one of my shoulders is lower than the other but no one notices it unless I point it out.

Vala_TS
05-18-2007, 12:09 AM
I've considered having my eyebrows filled in as a touchup-method with tattoos, because my eyebrows have a few sections that never fully fill in hair-wise. My normal, natural eyebrows aren't quite symetical but few people are completely symetical (i.e. one tit bigger then the other or one ball bigger than the other), myself one of my shoulders is lower than the other but no one notices it unless I point it out.

Speaking of filling in. I have a horizonal scar on my left eyebrow. Is there anything I can do about it other than eyebrow pencil daily? Do they have scar removal surgeries or anything to regrow the hairs or something like that?

Vala,

TJ347
05-18-2007, 12:11 AM
A number of women in my family have very thin, almost non-existent eyebrows, and the fact that I didn't realize this most of my life is proof that when done properly, these drawn eyebrows can be quite convincing. The most important thing, I've gathered, is making them uniform, though I imagine skin color is also another major factor. In my family, most of the women are of shades between that of Halle Berry and Vivica Fox, so they use a medium red/brown to dark brown compound, not black. As I've said, I didn't notice this (for over eighteen years), so it does work well for them.

blackmagic
05-18-2007, 01:11 AM
Speaking of filling in. I have a horizonal scar on my left eyebrow. Is there anything I can do about it other than eyebrow pencil daily? Do they have scar removal surgeries or anything to regrow the hairs or something like that?

Vala,

there are ways of removing the scar......... i had it done but it doesnt look pretty, your better off leaving it alone and just using pencil to fill in your eyebrow :)

Vala_TS
05-18-2007, 06:14 AM

Vala,

there are ways of removing the scar......... i had it done but it doesnt look pretty, your better off leaving it alone and just using pencil to fill in your eyebrow :)

Such as?

Vala,

blackmagic
05-18-2007, 06:26 AM

Vala,

Such as?

Vala,

best way is to go see a plastic surgeon. Talk to him/her about your options, some do it by removing the scar tissue via scalpel while others use laser.

Vala_TS
05-18-2007, 06:39 PM

Vala,

Such as?

Vala,

That's what I was thinking. Does any plastic surgeon do it? How much does it normally run?

Vala,

tonkatoy
05-18-2007, 07:07 PM
Some of the drawn on eyebrows look too mood specific, like "hi, im always surprised" or "hi, im coy". Do they have to rub them off real quick in order to re-apply for other moods? Like 'confused' , 'sad', 'angry', 'im a whore and you you just got lucky' and other common moods.

Quinn
05-18-2007, 07:10 PM
ahh...looks creepy and ridiculous.

Cosign.

-Quinn

trannybanger
05-19-2007, 02:19 AM
Check out the thread on Amy, come on... you guys gotta admit it doesn't look half bad on her ;-)

tsntx
05-19-2007, 03:04 AM
like i said... theres a wrong way and a right way... she did it right *as in natural shape/height ... but still pencil is never as attractive or natural looking as hair

imo

trannybanger
05-19-2007, 03:29 AM
like i said... theres a wrong way and a right way... she did it right *as in natural shape/height ... but still pencil is never as attractive or natural looking as hair

imo

i agree completely.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
05-19-2007, 03:40 AM
Some of the drawn on eyebrows look too mood specific, like "hi, im always surprised" or "hi, im coy". Do they have to rub them off real quick in order to re-apply for other moods? Like 'confused' , 'sad', 'angry', 'im a whore and you you just got lucky' and other common moods.

LOL :lol: I agree. :P

Thankgod mines looked natural and Im able to create the mood Im in by mere "normal" facial expressions. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG