PDA

View Full Version : Ltr

LTR_Seeker
05-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Whats the major hurdle that prevents alot of women & men here from being long time couples ?

MacShreach
05-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Whats the major hurdle that prevents alot of women & men here from being long time couples ?

Hurdle? What hurdle?

LTR_Seeker
05-12-2007, 03:41 PM
seems from my many years being involved into this very rare did i ever see couple last for years togther .

Kriss
05-12-2007, 04:30 PM
YOU ARE SO INFURIATING LTR. YOU TRY TOO HARD. YOU PUT ALL YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASCKET. CHILL OUT. WE ALL WANT A PERFECT LOVER/SOULMATE/LIFE PARTNER BUT YOU GOTTA BE REALISTIC. MOST MARRIAGES AND RELATIONSHIPS ARE NOT FOREVER LIKE THEY USED TOI BE. TIME WAS, YOU MARRIED A GIRL FROM THE VILLAGE YOU WERE BORN IN AND LIVE THERE POPPIN OUT SPROGS TIL YOU AND DIED. WE CAN TRAVEL NOW, YOU CAN REALISTICALLY MEET A PARTNER FROM ANY OTHER COUNTRY, OTHER CULTURE, YOU MAY HAVE TO UP AND MOVE, LIOFE CHANGES, PEOPLE CHANGE, THERE IS LESS PRESSURE FROM CHURCH TO STAY HOOKED UP WITH ONE PERSON, TO STAY IN A BAD RELATIONSHIP FOR "THE GOOD OF THE KIDS" IS PROVEN TO BE MORE DAMAGING THAN SPLITTING.
YOU WANT AN L.T.R.? JUST STOP LOOKING.
REMEMBER, THE PERSON YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH AND THINK IS PERFECT WILL CHANGE/grow/evolve OVER 10, 5 OR EVEN 2 YEARS. she may a different person with different needs and so may you. IF THE RELATIONSHIP SURVIVES LONG TERM, THEN YOU MUST ADAPT TO ALL THE OTHER FACTORS.
NOTHING IS FOREVER IN THIS WORLD.
AND STAY AWAY FROM THE 'L BOMB' FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE, EVVEN IF IT TAKES ALL YOUR STRENGHTH AND DETERMINATION.
GOOD LUCK.

MacShreach
05-12-2007, 04:51 PM
YOU ARE SO INFURIATING LTR. YOU TRY TOO HARD. <snip>
GOOD LUCK.

Um yes.

May I just say that one of the most useful devices in the maintenance of a marriage is in fact that wonderful, accommodating, socially indispensible character, the whore.

Your wife may be behaving like a rabid bitch but you go home with your cock and your ego properly massaged and you can deal with it and smile. You'll probably even take her some flowers and then shag her brains out. Problem.....Solved. (Till next time.) Should be on the National Health.

Really. This is true stuff.

peggygee
05-12-2007, 09:30 PM
....., THE PERSON YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH AND THINK IS PERFECT WILL CHANGE/grow/evolve OVER 10, 5 OR EVEN 2 YEARS. she may a different person with different needs and so may you. IF THE RELATIONSHIP SURVIVES LONG TERM, THEN YOU MUST ADAPT TO ALL THE OTHER FACTORS.

GOOD LUCK.

I have been in a few LTRs, and quite a number of STRs.

I will agree with Kriss that often times people will grow and or change
during the relationship, and actually that can be a good thing as
developmental, spiritual, intellectual, emotional growth should be strived
for.

Having said that, the converse is that we live in a 'disposable society'. If
something doesn't work, we throw it away and get a new one, this trend
sadly applies to relstionships as well.

In a relationship I am committed to doing all that I can to ensure it's
longevity. I would pursue couples counselling or any course of action
to try to make it work.

However, as I have stated in the past, if my SO were to take me for
granted 'emotionally', I would leave the relationship.

Just like I would leave the relationship if they became physically
or verbally abusive, developed a substance abuse problem, or
cheated on me.

Those are all reasons for immediate termination of the relationship.