PDA

View Full Version : Trannies on ET tonight...

tsntx
05-12-2007, 02:01 AM
did you see it?

The Truth
05-12-2007, 02:02 AM
Nope. I can't thing think of anything good on ET. How was it?

tsntx
05-12-2007, 02:03 AM
still on

TomSelis
05-12-2007, 02:06 AM
What was it about Jen?

The Truth
05-12-2007, 02:06 AM
Sorry, I am at a coffee shop right now. I would need a full written report at the end of the show. Thanks!

Fox
05-12-2007, 02:11 AM
ET... is that short for something? I'm not seeing it on DirecTV.

Kabuki
05-12-2007, 02:11 AM
I forgot that you were in a different time zone Jennifer. I was trying to find ET, but Access Hollywood is on. Bummer. I think ET reruns episodes at night though. I'll have to keep that in mind.

evil_twin
05-12-2007, 02:28 AM
Click here for more info....
http://www.etonline.com/celebrities/spotlight/48136/index.html

Basically, the brother of ROSANNA, PATRICIA and DAVID ARQUETTE is a transsexual and she did a controversial documentary about being transgender.

MrsKellyPierce
05-12-2007, 02:29 AM
There is one about a racecar driver turn woman too

The Truth
05-12-2007, 02:33 AM
According to the link evil_twin posted, it's about a group of TGs interviewed by Alexis Arquette. Thanks for the info.

TJ347
05-12-2007, 02:43 AM
Alexis is a transsexual? I thought Alexis was still just a CD. I really need to get up to speed...

The Truth
05-12-2007, 02:47 AM
Alexis is a transsexual? I thought Alexis was still just a CD. I really need to get up to speed...That's what I thought myself. ET is using the word transsexual, but I'm not sure if they're using it correctly.

MrsKellyPierce
05-12-2007, 02:49 AM
Alexis is a transsexual? I thought Alexis was still just a CD. I really need to get up to speed...That's what I thought myself. ET is using the word transsexual, but I'm not sure if they're using it correctly. She is a transexual she is going through the transitional steps. Thats what the documentary is about.

Kramer
05-12-2007, 04:05 AM
Didnt Tyra BAnks have a show with trannies recently? who was on that?

ausbeachstyle
05-12-2007, 04:22 AM
Probably Claudia

TsJennifer
05-12-2007, 04:22 AM
Today must have been Tranny Tv Day!
First it was is it a man or a women on Maury, Then Jerry Springer with I have to tell u Im a man...lol then Entertainment tonight...geeeez there out there watch out cause they chew u up and spit u out..

tsluva
05-12-2007, 04:32 AM
There's also a transexual special on MSNBC cable channel
on Saturday 13th 9:00pm. central time.
titled " born in the wrong body. "

tsluva
05-12-2007, 04:37 AM
There's also a transexual special on MSNBC cable channel
on Saturday 13th 9:00pm. central time.
titled " Born in the Wrong Body. "

tsntx
05-12-2007, 04:50 AM
ok sorry i had a car accident *in a fucking loaner* ugh... anyway im home now... ET was a fn let down... alexis WAS a cd for years but is now supposidly going through her transition... while i was in fla tho my x and i were listening to david on love line and he only referred to her as a him and he said her bf was a gay guy and that when they are around the family shes a he... so well see what happens on her a&e show.

Legend
05-12-2007, 04:52 AM
ok sorry i had a car accident *in a fucking loaner* ugh... anyway im home now... ET was a fn let down... alexis WAS a cd for years but is now supposidly going through her transition... while i was in fla tho my x and i were listening to david on love line and he only referred to her as a him and he said her bf was a gay guy and that when they are around the family shes a he... so well see what happens on her a&e show.

I'm glad your ok jennifer.

tsntx
05-12-2007, 04:54 AM
thnx me 2...

btw ET does rerun around 11/12/1 cntrl

Galadriel
05-12-2007, 05:10 AM

ausbeachstyle
05-12-2007, 05:14 AM
Bad wreck, nice car, bad luck on the accident. Hope you're ok.

whatsupwithat
05-12-2007, 05:16 AM
They've got a hell of a press agent on this picture. It was all over the news here a week or so ago when it played Tribeca. Sorry I missed it, actually.

Teabagger Vance
05-12-2007, 05:50 AM
There is one about a racecar driver turn woman too

That would be Terri O'Connell.

http://www.goterrio.com/

wendy48088
05-12-2007, 07:51 AM
Wow!

Thanks for posting this TSNTX!

Alexis Arquette's Transgender Summit

May 11, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The powerful stories of four women who were once men are revealed in Alexis Arquette's transgender round table!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALEXIS ARQUETTE may not be more famous than siblings ROSANNA, PATRICIA and DAVID ARQUETTE -- not to mention sister-in-law and former "Friends" star COURTENEY COX -- but she sure has the most interesting lifestyle of the entire family: She's the brother who wants to be a sister!

The thirtysomething performer is the focus of 'Alexis Arquette: She's My Brother,' a controversial A&E Indie Film that made its world premiere last month at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York.

Now, Alexis has gathered a quartet of unique individuals for a transgender transformation summit, exclusively for ET viewers!

"Here in the center of Hollywood, we've brought together four beautiful women," Alexis tells ET. "We've never met until tonight, but we have something in common: Once, we were all men."

JACKIE, the girl next door; REINA, the housewife; SASHIA, the vixen; and DONNA, the soccer mom who used to be a dad: All reveal their transgender secrets to Alexis -- with nothing off limits and nothing un-asked!

"It is a very personal thing," Alexis tells the group about their common transgender factor, "and I also think that when we do come out, we open up ourselves to a lot of ridicule. This is a personal journey, but we have to live this life with other people in the world."

Tonight on ET, see the powerful stories behind these beautiful women who were once men. So many misconceptions, so little time!

wendy48088
05-12-2007, 07:59 AM
ok sorry i had a car accident *in a fucking loaner* ugh...

At least there was no damage to the driver/passenger compartment, so there was no damage to you. Looks like the airbag didn't go off. Glad you didn't get hurt by whatever fell on the hood. Still probably shook you up though - it sure would me...

Get a night's sleep and hopefully you'll feel better in the morning...

wendy48088
05-12-2007, 08:49 AM
Click here for more info....
http://www.etonline.com/celebrities/spotlight/48136/index.html

Basically, the brother of ROSANNA, PATRICIA and DAVID ARQUETTE is a transsexual and she did a controversial documentary about being transgender.

Found this here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0772150/

Alexis Arquette: She's My Brother (2006)

Saw This at the Tribeca Film Fest, 2 May 2007

Author: michael-cohn8 from United States

I caught this movie at the Tribeca Film Festival a couple of nights ago, and stayed around for the Q&A. For the most part, it was a very revealing look at Alexis Arquette's life and his friends and family. It also showed some clips from his movies, but for some reason it didn't include "Pulp Fiction" or "I Think I Do," two of my favorites.

I kept wanting to tell him throughout the movie not to go for the surgery. He was clearly ambivalent about it since he easily could have gone to Sweden or Mexico and had it done, and not bothered with the whole legal and psychiatric counseling process he went through. Besides, according to a report on the TV show "The Insider" that I saw last week in which he was interviewed, he hasn't actually had the surgery done anyway.

The weird thing about the movie is, though, that toward the end, after he gets signed permission from a counselor to go through with the surgery, he abruptly ends his contact with the filmmakers and his friends, and does just a few scenes at the end where he refuses to say whether he went for the surgery or not, or to indicate what he has ultimately decided.

After the screening, I tried to ask him about this during the Q&A, but as soon as I mentioned that "The Insider" segment said that he had not gone for the surgery yet, he abruptly cut me off (pun intended) mid-question and said in a nasty way, "Didn't you just see the movie?" Then he seemed to indicate that I got it all wrong. But in response to subsequent questions from other audience members, he reverted to the position he had at the end of the movie, which was along the lines of: this is a private decision, it's nobody's business what he decides to do with his body, etc.

Yet if that's the case, why make a movie about your sex change operation in the first place, and then go out and promote it on a TV celebrity news show and at the Tribeca Film Festival if you're then going to pretend that you want to keep the whole thing private (pun intended again)? Now, I think he's doing the right thing if he in fact has decided against the operation, and I can't blame him much either if he has ended contact with the "friends" they showed in the movie, because they mostly seemed like a bunch of shallow hangers-on who didn't have his best interests at heart. He is an excellent actor who is capable of doing great work, as in "Last Exit to Brooklyn." If he has the sex change operation, he is going to be limiting his future roles severely.

Also, I wanted to ask him if he had considered the physical ailments that sex change operations sometimes cause. I got the feeling from his physical appearance at the festival that he may have started taking hormones, which in the movie he said he was resisting, because those too can have some nasty side effects, as many women have discovered. But I don't really know, and I never got a chance to ask.

Anyway, it's definitely a fascinating movie, especially if you're interested in revelatory, autobiographical films like "Tarnation." It will be interesting to see what happens when it comes out (pun intended again) on DVD, and what the DVD extras reveal.

blackmagic
05-12-2007, 11:31 PM
OH MY GOD!!!! first i enjoyed a great bachelor party yesterday, then got to see my brother marry a beautiful women today, then i come home and my friend tells me about this wreck, GOD!!!, COULD MY WEEKEND GET ANY BETTER!!!!!! Actually Im really hoping you get something like this in the mail. http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w9/blackmagic20/SU.jpg NOW THAT WOULD JUST MAKE MY DAY.............As for the ET stuff nope didnt see it

TJT
05-13-2007, 02:37 AM
It's the May ratings sweeps. Look for more of these shows through the end of the month.

Springer just ran an all TS/TG show. Povich should be next.(Mebbe;"Is This TS the Father of Her Baby?") The girls do get the ratings.

tsntx
05-16-2007, 06:31 AM
basically 5 cars in a row waiting at a light to make left turns. im the 5th car back. light turned green. cars started going i put on gas to go and the _____ in front of me w/ no insurance slammed on his breaks and i hit him.
he had a spare tire attached to back of his rodeo and it just hit the BMW emblem on my hood and pushed it back like it was a tin can

wendy48088
05-16-2007, 06:46 AM
* Deleted *

tsntx
05-16-2007, 07:25 AM
lol this gif makes me laugh out loud every time i stare at it... tom posted it in a responce so i thought id use it as my avatar to give everyone not looking at that page of that thread a chance to enjoy it, maybe as much as i did... its not permanent

TomSelis
05-16-2007, 12:49 PM
lol this gif makes me laugh out loud every time i stare at it... tom posted it in a responce so i thought id use it as my avatar to give everyone not looking at that page of that thread a chance to enjoy it, maybe as much as i did... its not permanent

LOL, thanks Jen!!!

Sometimes, reading some threads I feel like I'm at that birthday party.