PDA

View Full Version : Maroon 5

MrsKellyPierce
05-11-2007, 11:17 PM
I love their new cd..and the lead singer is so hot. HE LOOKS FUCKING SEXY in the new video "Makes Me Wonder"

I just like them so much!! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVIgOBVO5gA

DavidLynch
05-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Sorry Kelly have to say I can't stand them and I wish they were MAROONED on Giligan's Island.

j/k they are good. I haven't heard much from them but I love "This Love".

MrsKellyPierce
05-11-2007, 11:26 PM
Sorry Kelly have to say I can't stand them and I wish they were MAROONED on Giligan's Island.

j/k they are good. I haven't heard much from them but I love "This Love". Yeah This love is good!

Coroner
05-12-2007, 12:23 AM
Whatīs up with the voices such baby faces use...... itīs like a new trend. Moron 5, James Blunt..... is that what girls like? When guys sing like girls?

suckseed
05-12-2007, 12:58 AM
Maroon 5 opened for my band in '03. I told them they were going to be huge because almost every band that did made it much farther then we ever did.

Dave Matthews opened up for us the year they released Under The Table and Dreaming.

That album did pretty well if I remember.

hwbs
05-12-2007, 01:01 AM
i cant stand them..it was bad enough i had to hear the same cd on the radio for 3 years...

Kabuki
05-12-2007, 01:14 AM
i cant stand them..it was bad enough i had to hear the same cd on the radio for 3 years...

It's beautiful how they pulled that off though. By year two, I was like "I guess I should listen to their cd"...lol. The group is ok with me. Not my favorite, but I bought the first cd.

The Truth
05-12-2007, 01:22 AM
I guess they were a good novelty act when they came out. I don't like the fact that the lead singer just made some ambiguous statements about his sexual orientation. If they have to resort to this tactics to sell records, they don't even think they are that good. Just my two cents.

suckseed
05-12-2007, 01:37 AM
They're not my kind of music obviously. But the girls were peeing their pants to get felt up by the band. Don't know if they went for it! :lol:

ausbeachstyle
05-12-2007, 04:14 AM
/I LOVE THEM!

And Sunday Mornings is one of my favourites!

And makes me wonder is awesome :P

And kelly I think the lead singer is taken. He said this is the last album the band will make before breaking up. Adam LeVine is the singer and he's a father now so it's very nice that he's dedicated to his family and not a workaholic :)

Nelly Snores
05-12-2007, 04:21 AM
maroon 5 rules!

TJ347
05-12-2007, 04:27 AM
The band is breaking up, huh? Wow. Two or three albums, and groups these days think they've achieved legendary status and disband. Ridiculous. No doubt more of that Rob Thomas bullshit going on here... Matchbox 20 was done when he left, but just fifteen minutes later, he joined them. Would've been smarter to sit his happy ass down and keep working with what got him to the big time, but that's asking for people to be far smarter than most are capable of being, in my opinion.

ausbeachstyle
05-12-2007, 05:09 AM
The band is breaking up, huh? Wow. Two or three albums, and groups these days think they've achieved legendary status and disband. Ridiculous. No doubt more of that Rob Thomas bullshit going on here... Matchbox 20 was done when he left, but just fifteen minutes later, he joined them. Would've been smarter to sit his happy ass down and keep working with what got him to the big time, but that's asking for people to be far smarter than most are capable of being, in my opinion.

Adam LeVine is going to be a father, I think it's a wise choice for them to either disband or find a new singer. And without Adam LeVine, Maroon 5 would have hard luck finding a singer that good. They're not doing it because they think they're 'legendary'.

Adam will do some solo work though.

TJ347
05-12-2007, 05:24 AM

Adam LeVine is going to be a father, I think it's a wise choice for them to either disband or find a new singer. And without Adam LeVine, Maroon 5 would have hard luck finding a singer that good. They're not doing it because they think they're 'legendary'.

Adam will do some solo work though.

Note the highlighted portions. And thus we see another singer abandoning the vehicle that got him to the big time (i.e. the band), using the convenient excuse that he's going to be a father and so presumably won't have the time to continue working with the band, although this won't stop him from doing "solo work". You're right though, as this isn't about the band thinking it's "legendary" after all, but about another front man thinking that he alone can be more successful than he was as a member of the band... which does of course happen, but in this case, I'd say is a long shot. Rob Thomas, Scott Stapp...? Where are you guys....? Yeah. Adam's headed that same route.

suckseed
05-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Note the highlighted portions...Adam's headed that same route.

You may be right. That is all too common, as if the ego needed to be a front man often carries with it that sense of entitlement. Or the singer may just not want to do the work a touring band needs right now. Touring can get awfully repetitive. That's why musicians use drugs and sex so much, to keep the party train rolling and blow off steam after traveling with the same 10 people in a bus for months at a time. When you start a family, I'm sure the lifestyle priorities shift. Staying at home and recording is a blast.

Totally get the shouldn'tve left the band thing...too true.

That upturned collar is kind of silly...

ausbeachstyle
05-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Maybe he wants to write songs / melodies from home and therefore be with his son at the same time? I just find it harsh that you guys are judging people like tha

TJ347
05-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Maybe he wants to write songs / melodies from home and therefore be with his son at the same time? I just find it harsh that you guys are judging people like tha

Launching a solo career will take him away from his son, won't it? And anyway, can we please stop all the "don't judge" crap? I mean, that you find what we've said "harsh" is a judgement in itself. We're human, we judge things every single day.

Fox
05-12-2007, 10:38 PM
I heard one song of their years ago that I thought was cool, but I don't have a clue what it was. Erm, oh, and I like the duet he (Adam) did with Alicia Keys "Wild Horses." Nice, unique voice.

Coroner
05-12-2007, 11:27 PM
I heard one song of their years ago that I thought was cool, but I don't have a clue what it was. Erm, oh, and I like the duet he (Adam) did with Alicia Keys "Wild Horses." Nice, unique voice.

Is that a Rolling Stones cover? Never heard the song. Believe it or not, it can only be better than the original :lol: :lol: :lol:

south ov da border
05-12-2007, 11:35 PM
that album with sunday morning was a slow burn, was out since 02 but didn't get ny real play til 04 or so...

Bic
05-13-2007, 06:35 AM
that band sucks.

Fox
05-13-2007, 07:20 AM

Is that a Rolling Stones cover? Never heard the song. Believe it or not, it can only be better than the original :lol: :lol: :lol:

Song credits say Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, so yep, heh.

ausbeachstyle
05-13-2007, 03:44 PM

Launching a solo career will take him away from his son, won't it? And anyway, can we please stop all the "don't judge" crap? I mean, that you find what we've said "harsh" is a judgement in itself. We're human, we judge things every single day.

Well you really shouldn't judge. It's really not good for you or people around you. You can create false expectations of things/people.

TJ347
05-13-2007, 05:54 PM
Well you really shouldn't judge.

First off, your saying "Well you really shouldn't judge"... That right there is a judgement, made by you, of whether or not people should judge. I do get what you're saying and why so many people feel the way you do, but the "don't judge" thing is kind of ridiculous, in my opinion. I see crackheads, and I judge from what I see that crack is wack. I see people with highwater pants on getting laughed at, and I judge that to be a look I should make sure to avoid. Not every judgement we make is bad, and even if they were, we would all continue to make countless judgements everyday for the rest of our lives regardless.

ausbeachstyle
05-14-2007, 09:38 AM
Yeh it's no biggy in most cases, I'm just saying it can turn into a bad habit and cause people to become close minded.

Anyway I got M5's single Makes me Wonder on cd today for $1AUD lol...