PDA

View Full Version : Bush Approved Import for Weapons Used by Fort Dix Terrorists

chefmike
05-11-2007, 09:36 PM
Alleged Fort Dix Terrorists Reportedly Trained With Yugoslavian SKS Assault Rifle Model Specifically Approved for Import by Bush Administration

Alleged Terrorists Also Trained with Next-Generation Assault Rifle, the
Beretta Storm

WASHINGTON, May 8 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A foreign-made SKS assault rifle specifically approved for import by the Bush Administration was one of the weapons the U.S. government alleges that six men plotting an assault on Fort Dix trained with in the Poconos according to the criminal complaint filed in a federal district court in New Jersey. In addition to the Yugoslavian SKS, the alleged terrorists also trained with a Beretta Storm assault rifle.

Although the federal assault weapons ban has expired, the Bush
Administration has the executive authority to ban the import of
foreign-made assault weapons like the SKS and Storm. Such an action would not require Congressional approval. Both President Bill Clinton and
President George Herbert Walker Bush used their executive powers to stop
the import of specific assault rifles. In contrast, the Administration of
George W. Bush has specifically authorized the importation of SKS assault
rifles made in Albania and the former Yugoslavia.

A 2002 Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) report labeled the SKS "the rifle model most frequently encountered by law enforcement officers" and stated, "These high capacity rifles pose an
enhanced threat to law enforcement, in part because of their ability to
expel projectiles at velocities that are capable of penetrating the type of
soft body armor typically worn by the law enforcement officers."

VPC Legislative Director Kristen Rand states, "President Bush could
with the stroke of a pen tighten the import ban and stop the import of all
foreign- made assault rifles -- including the SKS and Beretta Storm. How
many near misses and tragedies will it take before the Administration takes action?"

The ease with which military-style firearms and firearms training can
be obtained in the United States has been touted in terrorist training
manuals, including "How Can I Train Myself for Jihad," which states,
"...obtain an assault rifle legally, preferably AK-47 or variations, learn
how to use it properly and go and practice in the areas allowed for such
training."

The Violence Policy Center is a national educational organization
working to stop gun death and injury in America. For more information,
please visit http://www.vpc.org.

biguy4tvtscd
05-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Yeah, and some actual terrorists took control of three domestic airplanes with boxcutters that were very likely imported from china.

So your point is?

chefmike
05-15-2007, 01:53 AM
That bush is both a fool and a moron, and that he's enabled our gun problems in the USA...and while we're on the subject our so-called homeland security, it's a fucking joke...our ports and borders are wide open...and the Fort Dix clowns were only discovered because of a tip from the video tech....and did I mention that bush is both a fool and a moron?

guyone
05-15-2007, 05:32 AM
I think you should show some respect to the president. You may disagree with his policies but that's no reason to resort to name calling.

chefmike
05-15-2007, 03:29 PM
America wants Clinton back, hurts doesn't it?

guyone
05-16-2007, 05:53 AM
What Whitewater? Yeah a lot of people got bilked of their life savings.

trish
05-16-2007, 06:57 AM
I think you should show some respect to the president. You may disagree with his policies but that's no reason to resort to name calling.

all come on, the president is famous making up insulting names for people whose real names he can't be bothered to remember.