PDA

View Full Version : Terminator 4,5 and 6?

sucka4chix
05-11-2007, 04:45 PM
I see a group has bought the rights to the Terminator franchise and plans on making a new trilogy based on John Connor. The films would be Arnold-less. I think that'll go over sorta like the Wayans-less Scary Movie franchise, the Alien franchise, or Friday the 13th (lol)--- mildly entertaining but not nearly as good as the original(s).

francisfkudrow
05-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Since Arnold decided to become a politician, and not one of my party, I would ONLY consider seeing T4, 5, and 6 if it were Arnoldless. If he's in it, count me out. (I never saw T3 because of this)

TheOne1
05-11-2007, 05:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pOcYLkZIkw

LG
05-11-2007, 05:44 PM
I thought T3 bit the big one and T2 kinda sucked compared to the original which was well made, had a frantic pace and was saccharine and cliche free unlike the second installment (bombastic in tone, overly reliant on effects and slow, plodding and with a silly side story).

I refuse to watch any further installments. I don't think any 3rd or 4th installment has been as good as the original although some sequels are equally good (Aliens) or better (The Godfather Part II).

the only exception in my view (although it was the third part of a trilogy rather than a threequel) is The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

ILuvGurls
05-11-2007, 05:46 PM
Since Arnold decided to become a politician, and not one of my party, I would ONLY consider seeing T4, 5, and 6 if it were Arnoldless. If he's in it, count me out. (I never saw T3 because of this)

wow, never heard of movie going based on party affilation. :roll:

sucka4chix
05-11-2007, 06:22 PM
I thought T3 bit the big one and T2 kinda sucked compared to the original which was well made, had a frantic pace and was saccharine and cliche free unlike the second installment (bombastic in tone, overly reliant on effects and slow, plodding and with a silly side story).

I refuse to watch any further installments. I don't think any 3rd or 4th installment has been as good as the original although some sequels are equally good (Aliens) or better (The Godfather Part II).

the only exception in my view (although it was the third part of a trilogy rather than a threequel) is The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
I thought the 2nd one was pretty good-- the concept of the new model Terminator was really cool and cutting edge, especially at that time. I watched the 3rd one just to finish it out. I applaud Arnold for looking great in it, but other than that it was weak. Plus the lack of Linda Hamilton, who I had a crush on since childhood, made it less appealing. She was awesome in T2.

wendy48088
05-11-2007, 07:39 PM

Well, if I didn't watch movies based on whether the actor or actress had some political beliefs that I didn't agree with... Well, I'd not be watching very many movies...

Arnold is a RINO (Republican In Name Only) anyway...

Just relax and enjoy the movie... It's just fantasy entertainment...

(I myself have gotten into the habit of waiting until I can get the movie on DVD anyway - even at $19.99 for a DVD, it's not that much more that going to the theatre, counting gas and popcorn and pop, and maybe not getting the best seat in the house or silly and noisy kids in front or right behind you - and that way I've read the reviews and know the good and the bad about the movie).

DavidLynch
05-11-2007, 07:52 PM
Um, ok. I have no idea who will be in it but enjoy the crapfest.

Cyclops
05-12-2007, 01:47 AM
wendy48088 wrote "Arnold is a RINO (Republican In Name Only) anyway... "

yes ,think about the family he married into(for those that don't know he married into the Kennedy family)

TJ347
05-12-2007, 02:49 AM
Future "Terminator" movies will go the way of sequels to the cult movie "Cube"... from horrible to even worse, to the point fans will refuse to consider the events canon, and the movies will be so universally unappealing, they'll wind up being released straight to video.

Kramer
05-12-2007, 04:03 AM
Ya cant NOT go to a movie because Arnie is a Republican! Thats nuts!

Hey Tim Robbions is a liberal piece of shit, but ya gotta love Shawshank!!

francisfkudrow
05-12-2007, 06:46 AM
When you spend 6 years being told that you're unAmerican, unpatriotic, a traitor, on the side of the terrorists, etc., etc., because you vote Democratic, you tend to get a little bitter.

I'll go see a movie with a Republican in it as long as he doesn't actually run for office. Once he runs for office, that's it.