PDA

View Full Version : Oh Fuck I did a dumb thing.

suckseed
05-10-2007, 06:43 PM
I'm currently the high bidder on Thom Yorke of Radiohead's guitar on eBay.
If I win this thing I'm going to have to talk to the Fam to pay for it.
Surely someone is going to come along at the last minute.
I just woke up, heard about it and bid for a lark. I'm buying the guitar I really want on Saturday and I can't afford both. But I'll deal with it if it happens...

Vicki Richter
05-10-2007, 06:46 PM
This is a quite silly piece of nostalgia. How much does that go for considering that Radiohead is a poser band?

suckseed
05-10-2007, 06:52 PM
WHAT!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted:

MacShreach
05-10-2007, 06:54 PM
WHAT!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted:

Ignore her, she's a girl, she doesn't know the first thing about guitars or GAS.

Quinn
This is a quite silly piece of nostalgia. How much does that go for considering that Radiohead is a poser band?

Ssssssssss!!!! Booooooo!!!!!!!

-Quinn

suckseed
Listen, Kiddo. (Breathes deeply....om...om)
Radiohead's music is studied in universities. Jazz virtuoso Brad Mehldau has interpreted several of their songs. Their music is taken seriously by critics, teachers and fans, all with no crazy outfits or stage antics....just music.

That's it....if we ever meet you owe me a drink!

suckseed
05-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Alleluia!! I've been outbid! :lol: :lol: :lol: six minutes to go.... :oops: :D

Edit: I needn't have worried:

Bidding has ended for this item at GBP 1,027.98. You were outbid.

Somebody really wanted this....that's about 2400USD for a guitar that sells for $500-1000 anywhere else.

Meanwhile....I've located the last unsold special edition of a gorgeous guitar anywhere. If no one orders it before Saturday morning it's mine. (Have to wait to get paid.)

Coroner
05-10-2007, 07:32 PM

The first time a girl says something clever in case of music bands.... Radiohead suck musically and their lyrics are pseudo. Their music is for girls who think they“re alternative, avantgarde and not bitches. But they“re bigger bitches than the "usual" bitches :lol:

But MacShreach is right, too :)

Vicki Richter
05-10-2007, 07:35 PM
Seriously, isn't Radiohead in the same genre as UB40?

MonsieurValentine
05-10-2007, 07:36 PM
poser... radiohead... easy, vicki, easy.

and turn down your madonna record!

hwbs
05-10-2007, 07:37 PM
red red wine , lmao......i liked them back in the day :lol:

Coroner
05-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Seriously, isn't Radiohead in the same genre as UB40?

Radiohead are "playing" Brit-Pop or Indie...... UB40 play a Reggae-Pop fusion.

Vicki Richter
05-10-2007, 07:38 PM

Ha! This is how I roll.

http://myspace.com/vickicali

MacShreach
05-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Alleluia!! I've been outbid! :lol: :lol: :lol: six minutes to go.... :oops: :D

Somebody really wanted this....that's about 2400USD for a guitar that sells for $500-1000 anywhere else.

)

That was in the UK? 2$/1£ makes this not a good time for you to be indulging in GAS in the UK, my friend, and as a result of this afternoon's announcements that probably ain't gonna get any better any time soon.

Still, suits me, not that I'm buying at the moment....My hole in the water has to be filled with bills......

suckseed
05-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Alright, now i know she's taking a piss! :)
Coroner is mad because I bagged on GnR, who are rightfully universally despised by anyone with any sense at all. :wink:

Coroner
05-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Alright, now i know she's taking a piss! :)
Coroner is mad because I bagged on GnR, who are rightfully universally despised by anyone with any sense at all. :wink:

I“ve never written any good word about GnR :)

suckseed
05-10-2007, 08:08 PM
That was in the UK? 2$/1£ makes this not a good time for you to be indulging in GAS in the UK, my friend, and as a result of this afternoon's announcements that probably ain't gonna get any better any time soon.

There was a 120 pound shipping charge that I figured in.

Coroner, I went back and read the Chinese democracy thread...I take it back...you know your stuff.

Coroner
05-10-2007, 08:08 PM

There was a 120 pound shipping charge that I figured in.

Coroner, I went back and read the Chinese democracy thread...I take it back...you know your stuff.

ok, that was fast :)

suckseed
05-10-2007, 08:12 PM

Ha! This is how I roll.

What's that, some LOA? You might like Crystal Method's Vegas, V. You should torrent it up and check it out....good night driving and shagging tunes.

Mista Bone
05-10-2007, 11:08 PM

Ha! This is how I roll.

HAHA..When I move my cursor back and forth over ur profile pic Vicki...it looks like ur dancin to the song....lil things amuse me like that...lol

Irisheyes
05-10-2007, 11:59 PM
radiohead are one of the most amazing, oiginal bands ever, they have invented thnselvs over and over album after album.... i think 'idiotheque' is one of their finest tunes.

TheOne1
05-11-2007, 12:41 AM
radiohead contributed a great song to the vanilla sky soundtrack...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI_g8W7Ax0g

alyss_heart
05-11-2007, 01:52 AM
WHAT!!!!!

Ignore her, she's a girl, she doesn't know the first thing about guitars or GAS.

But MacShreach is right, too Smile

*ahem* Umm... oh, boys....:

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z154/alyss_heart/my_guit01.jpg

1982 Custom Korina wood Gibson Explorer. All mine. You may touch me.

:P

specialk
05-11-2007, 02:20 AM
I let go of these beauties 3 yrs. ago :cry: :cry: .....made a nice down payment on my house :D :D

odelay24
05-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Radiohead as a poser band? Really?!

Wow, I've never heard that one before.
I'm sure a lot of posers like them, I mean, they're very popular. They have heaps of fans, and I guess it would be the minority that enjoy OK Computer because of it's chillingly accurate depiction of a post 1999 Earth.
But honestly, there music is substantial, and associating them with the word poser is just plain inaccurate.