PDA

View Full Version : So I asked this girl out at work...

suckseed
05-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Last week I worked an event that had been booked in the theater of this old hotel that employs me. A new girl started a few weeks ago, really likable, friendly, smart, easy on the eyes. After working with her all day behind the bar, I asked her if she'd like to go for a drink after work sometime (I happened to find out from a coworker that she doesn't have a boyfriend.)
She was caught by surprise at my invitation, and said, "Uh...sure...as friends, right?" I said, "No! Bend over!" Just kidding. I got down on one knee and took out a ring. Wait...I said, "Of course!" (Inwardly hearing the dreaded descending trombone notes.)
Before anyone says they don't date coworkers....statistically, that's the number one place people meet. My ex wife was a coworker. There are several relationships where I work already.
Anyway. I could let the matter drop...but I'll probably just take things lightly and let her realize I'm not a stalker.
Common sense says she meant what she said and I will not soon be using her thighs as ear muffs. But...what are my chances, O forum?

TomSelis
05-10-2007, 12:17 AM
I'm going with slim to no-chance with the awkwardness of the scenario.

I won't say it can't happen, but "Just as friends?" doesn't sound too good. A smoother move might've been to invite her with a GROUP and then start working some moves. It would've taken some pressure off of her as it being a date and more of an outing.

You might be able to salvage your dignity by inviting more people. Make it a fun thing.....then pay little attention to her. What that means is have more fun with your friends than her.

-Tom

Coroner
05-10-2007, 12:24 AM
Last week I worked an event that had been booked in the theater of this old hotel that employs me. A new girl started a few weeks ago, really likable, friendly, smart, easy on the eyes. After working with her all day behind the bar, I asked her if she'd like to go for a drink after work sometime (I happened to find out from a coworker that she doesn't have a boyfriend.)
She was caught by surprise at my invitation, and said, "Uh...sure...as friends, right?" I said, "No! Bend over!" Just kidding. I got down on one knee and took out a ring. Wait...I said, "Of course!" (Inwardly hearing the dreaded descending trombone notes.)
Before anyone says they don't date coworkers....statistically, that's the number one place people meet. My ex wife was a coworker. There are several relationships where I work already.
Anyway. I could let the matter drop...but I'll probably just take things lightly and let her realize I'm not a stalker.
Common sense says she meant what she said and I will not soon be using her thighs as ear muffs. But...what are my chances, O forum?

You might find the answer in your signature :violin

Irisheyes
05-10-2007, 12:25 AM
man i wouldnt read too much into the 'just friends' comment. shes new and she had only just met you. she isnt exactly gonna say 'only if i get to suck ur cock before i go home' now is she? shes just protecting herself.... go out make her laugh and get her drunk. but dont touch her ... for at least a week, she how she begins to act towards you, then come back and let us know.

we can settle up the bill then ;)

MacShreach
05-10-2007, 01:18 AM
Just charm the pants off her, man. Go for it, co-worker shmoworker, if she didn't fancy you she'd have bummed you out, she's just aware she's new in the company and doesn't want to be seen as an easy roll.

suckseed
05-10-2007, 01:40 AM
Tom: You very well be right...but great suggestion on the coworker thing. Brilliant!
Coroner: Hey, that wasn't me!
Irish Eyes: :lol:
Mac: :fc
Thanks mates. Am I a bad HA member for chasing a gg? Hopefully a GGG GG?

MrsKellyPierce
05-10-2007, 01:46 AM
Oh I am so jealous you didn't ask me out

MacShreach
05-10-2007, 01:50 AM
Mac: :fc
Thanks mates. Am I a bad HA member for chasing a gg? Hopefully a GGG GG?

Naebother, hope you find the click.

And what's wrong with GG's? Is there something wrong with girls? Are there men here who DON'T LIKE GIRLS?

Fuck dat, A'm aff tae the pub. Fucking keeping my arse up tae the wall tae, and you better do the same......

BeardedOne
05-10-2007, 01:52 AM
Beware the 3G (Gay GG), but other than that...

After the bloodbath of my last relationship I don't go scouting much anymore (In fact, a recent high-flirt thing at the Falls was a big surprise to all in attendance, and with expected results). Yet, while I may do the flirt thing at workies, I consider that area waaaaay out of bounds as far as relationships are concerned. In the end, when she ditches me (As they inevitably do), I don't want to have to quit my job or transfer, I can't afford that shit. There's way too much "sexual harassment" BS going on these days to chance it.

If it works for you, kudos, but I would strongly advise against it.

MacShreach
05-10-2007, 01:52 AM

You'll be getting me jealous next.....You know how I like that picture.....

MrsKellyPierce
05-10-2007, 01:55 AM

You'll be getting me jealous next.....You know how I like that picture..... lol sweety

rick_932
05-10-2007, 01:55 AM
your chances dont look good. the "just as friends?" reply is proof enough. seems like the chick isnt feeling you and theres really not much you can do to make her find you attractive. sorry bro

Irisheyes
05-10-2007, 02:06 AM
your chances dont look good. the "just as friends?" reply is proof enough. seems like the chick isnt feeling you and theres really not much you can do to make her find you attractive. sorry bro

riki boy sound kida sure of himself .. hmmmmm... watch this dude suckseed, i think hes after your girl ;)

hwbs
05-10-2007, 02:09 AM
you have just been placed in the friend zone , lmao....

Somedude21
05-10-2007, 02:59 AM
you have just been placed in the friend zone , lmao....

Sadly, suckseed, this seems to be the truth.

suckseed
05-10-2007, 07:35 AM
Just got home from work. Ran into her unexpectedly and she was really friendly. Unfortunately for me I was kinda busy at the moment and feeling a little guarded...I don't do the indifferent thing very well, but I managed an, "oh, hi...hey Pete, about that order..." But then she came over and asked me how I was. I think I said, "Fine. How are you?" Or something equally witty.

Her hair was up, and I was happy to verify that she has a nice butt. She looked great. Anyway. :roll: There's another woman (Craigslist met....no, not a pro) I'm scheduled to bone next week, if I want. It's always feast or famine.

Beardie: GGG means Good, Giving, Game, not gay genetic girl. This is straight from the Harajuku's mouth.

Crayons, cute kitty....but I think I can speak for all us guys...we want to see you. Got any pics of the quality of your original you'd care to share?
That one was too much. Babealicious.

TrueBeauty TS
05-18-2007, 12:21 AM
Just got home from work. Ran into her unexpectedly and she was really friendly. Unfortunately for me I was kinda busy at the moment and feeling a little guarded...I don't do the indifferent thing very well, but I managed an, "oh, hi...hey Pete, about that order..." But then she came over and asked me how I was. I think I said, "Fine. How are you?" Or something equally witty.

Her hair was up, and I was happy to verify that she has a nice butt. She looked great. Anyway. :roll: There's another woman (Craigslist met....no, not a pro) I'm scheduled to bone next week, if I want. It's always feast or famine.

Beardie: GGG means Good, Giving, Game, not gay genetic girl. This is straight from the Harajuku's mouth.

Crayons, cute kitty....but I think I can speak for all us guys...we want to see you. Got any pics of the quality of your original you'd care to share?
That one was too much. Babealicious.

So.... are you still into TS girls or have you given up on them? GG's only now?

(Or whatever you can get your hands on? :))