PDA

View Full Version : Cookie cutter shemale names

LG
01-11-2005, 11:53 AM
What is it with these beautiful t-girls (especially the Brazilian ones)? It seems to me that they have ten different names and surnames to choose from and they pick them out of a hat. Or is there an approved list of names for Brazilian transexuals?

Here are just a few examples:

Gabriela Ribeiro, Victoria Ribeiro, Jessica Ribeiro
Camille Rios, Yasmin Rios, Sabrina Rios, Sabrina de Paula, Ana Paula Oliveira
Alana Dumond, Natasha Dumond
Tamires Close, Michelly Close, Michelly Prado, Fabiola Prado, Fabiola Noguiera, Fabiola Mebarek, Juliana Nogueira, Alexia Nogueira, Alexia Freire
Patricia Araujo, Pamela Araujo

Maybe there are only a dozen women's names and another dozen surnames in Brazil, or maybe the names themselves mean something, or maybe they're just not being very imaginative. Or maybe I should just shut up and sit back and admire the view...

:D

Johnny Cocksville
01-11-2005, 12:10 PM
That's nothing compared to the girls names in say, New York. Off the top of my head I can think of several girls with the following names:
Destiny (Destinee, Desteny,etc)
Jessica
Beyonce
Tonya

cruiser
01-11-2005, 03:08 PM
It makes sense in that the girls are in a position to choose their own names. Naturally they're going to choose the most popular names the majority of the time. I think most of us would too if given the opportunity.

Caleigh
01-11-2005, 04:26 PM
you guys already all have the same names!!!!

between John, David, Rick, Tom, i bet that's 80% of you out there.

if you got to pick your own names who knows what would happen?!
we might be swamped with Rod, Meat, Lover, Stud etc.

seaman
01-11-2005, 11:31 PM
Actually, you're right on both counts. There are as many surnames in Brasil as anywhere, but Ribeiro in particular is a popular one. Also, most young tgirls have a tgirl "mother", basically a mentor, and its popular to use her last name when a tgirl chooses her new name. Also, some of the surnames have some special meaning that's usually lost on us (e.g., Sereia, as in Patricia Sereia, means "mermaid"; Carneiro, as in Rafaella Carneiro, means "lamb").

cruiser
01-12-2005, 04:03 AM
seaman;
Very interesting insight!

seaman
01-12-2005, 09:38 PM
By the way, I think the concept of a Tgirl mother/mentor also applies here in the US, it just doesn't trickle down into the name thing. Girls, is this right?

cruiser
01-13-2005, 07:18 AM
seaman;
I know it exists, how common it is, I don't know. I think that many people have mentor mother/father relationships. It would seem though it would be more common when people are on the less traveled path. The fact that a girl would take her "mother's name" was very interesting. I don't think that is common here in the U.S. Thank you for enlightening me.