PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen The Host?

suckseed
05-07-2007, 01:03 AM
http://www.hostmovie.com/

BeardedOne
05-07-2007, 01:21 AM
Interesting.

Good trailer.

"On a par with JAWS"

Saw a couple of scenes there that were up to Roy Scheider's "We're gonna need a bigger boat!" line. :)

suckseed
05-07-2007, 01:32 AM
I work in a hotel with a theater. My group wanted to hang out in their room after paying the bill, so I went into the theater with my dinner to kill an hour, not even knowing what was going to play. As luck would have it, the lights dimmed and the movie started minutes later. It was a perfect setup to having my socks knocked off for the first big scene. It was the most realistic 'unsuspecting populace gets pwned by monster' scene I've ever seen. I think Godzilla has officially moved into the Golden age of special fx.

Tabitha Storm
05-07-2007, 03:38 AM
I went to WizardCon in LA and bought the Korean release of it on DVD. Excellent movie.

DJ_Asia
05-07-2007, 05:29 AM
I saw it in NY w/ a friend.She liked it alot,but then again she likes french pop music too....

IMO it was one of the lamest,slowest movies of any genre....terrible plot,terrible pace,terrible FX,terrible acting....but...the popcorn was good!

DonPA
05-07-2007, 06:37 AM
I was at a horror convention in MD a couple months back and saw a lot of "bootleg" DVD releases and the trailer. It looks like a pretty cool monster movie. I can't wait for the DVD release in the US.