PDA

View Full Version : New Guns N' Roses song leaks - "Chinese Democracy"

Slither
05-06-2007, 07:28 AM
http://rapidshare.com/files/29544187/Guns_N__Roses_-_Chinese_Democracy.mp3.html

this song is the fucking tits.

whatsupwithat
05-06-2007, 07:33 AM
They played a long-ass acoustic set at my friend's bday party. It did rock. And I got to see Tommy Hilfigger thrown out on his ass. Yeah...that was a good night.

DJ_Asia
05-06-2007, 07:44 AM
Theyve been leaking Chinese Democracy for like 5 years now....honestly at this point....who cares??

Spaghetti Incident was a bargain bin filler almost upon release and I doubt highly that the new stuff,if it ever does in fact come out will be in the Kmart 3.99 bin too....

The first 4 albums were classic but too much ego,drugs and money doomed the classic GnR lineup...all you have now are dudes so desperate for a paycheck they are willing to put up with William's antics....

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Slither
05-06-2007, 07:50 AM
Spaghetti Incident was covers of old punk songs.. you can't compare that to original material.

DJ_Asia
05-06-2007, 08:11 AM
thats my point...a CD of mostly obscure tracks was their last release.
Gone:Steve Adler,Duff,Slash,Izzy and Matt Sorum...
Gone: 14 years...FOURTEEN YEARS...I mean if they were a viable band they couldve put out minimum of 7 albums or more in that time....to me its quite obvious that they are done.

Id love to be proven wrong and would gladly eat humble pie in exchange for a kick ass album,but most likely they will be like the Stones,a band way past their prime hanging around playing their classics for that dope money....but at least the stones still have their original members for the most part.

Understand that im from LA and Steven and I used to hang out alot,Axl prior to fame was a very cool,honest and sensitive person and its sad to see what couldve been one of the greatest bands ever end up as they have,where a dude who wears a KFC bucket on his head couldnt even put up w/ the BS....

Prediction in 10 years GnR will be opening for Quiet Riot at LA bar-mitzvahs

chefmike
05-06-2007, 08:15 AM
I always thought that they were overrated...and I mean waaay overrated.

Slither
05-06-2007, 08:42 AM
thats my point...a CD of mostly obscure tracks was their last release.
Gone:Steve Adler,Duff,Slash,Izzy and Matt Sorum...
Gone: 14 years...FOURTEEN YEARS...I mean if they were a viable band they couldve put out minimum of 7 albums or more in that time....to me its quite obvious that they are done.

Id love to be proven wrong and would gladly eat humble pie in exchange for a kick ass album,but most likely they will be like the Stones,a band way past their prime hanging around playing their classics for that dope money....but at least the stones still have their original members for the most part.

Understand that im from LA and Steven and I used to hang out alot,Axl prior to fame was a very cool,honest and sensitive person and its sad to see what couldve been one of the greatest bands ever end up as they have,where a dude who wears a KFC bucket on his head couldnt even put up w/ the BS....

Prediction in 10 years GnR will be opening for Quiet Riot at LA bar-mitzvahs

Hey.. it took Brian Wilson 38 years to release "Smile". Trent Reznor took off five years in between every Nine Inch Nails album. The mainstream demand is still there for GNr and that's why I think they'll be successful whenever the album DOES come out.

zerrrr
05-06-2007, 09:23 AM
By the time it comes out the fanbase will be on Social Security.

suckseed
05-06-2007, 11:58 AM

My sentiments exactly. Slash is no Jimmy Page....in fact he seemed to me to be a garden variety blooze rock player. I grew up listening to evrything from the amazing pop of the Beatles and the Beach Boys to Neil Young, Floyd and Zepplin, not to mention having my mind blown by early Yes and Rush. These guys were capable of being both heavier than GnR and being sensitive and poetic at the same time. To me the GnR emperor never had many clothes on. The November Rain video was just embarrassing. Although Stephanie Seymour's calendar used to be up in my band's practice space for inspiration...

Not to just come in and stink up the thread....but c'mon. What exactly was this band's big contribution to rock? "Well, they made hard rock cool again." I'd beg to differ. Maybe to people who missed out on Hendrix and Zappa and thought Cinderella and Stryper was the shit.

I've asked people here in Portland, a town known for its music, who's the must-see guitarist around. "Uh...can't think of any." Death Cab, the Decemberists and the Shins are kings of the hill here. From what I can tell, the best guitarist and songwriter I've heard from here is dead - Elliot Smith.

To me, rock from Joni Mitchell to Zepplin set the stage for a popular culture that made kids into better people. You sat around with the album covers and read lyrics that made you think. Twenty years later, the art form got tired and cheesy, a mere soundtrack for raising hell and getting laid. I was too young to experience the sixties and seventies as many did...and for that I'm sorry. But music is pretty good right now if you dig deeply enough. I opened for a guy named Eric Bachman a few weeks ago. He fronted Archers of Loaf. His stuff had me rooted to the floor.

Coroner
05-06-2007, 02:40 PM

They were acting like some bad boys and heartbreakers..... they were posers and not serious musicians like Zeppelin was. Slash is a good guitar player but nothing when you compare him to other guitar players like Yngwie Malmsteen, Michael Angelo, Frank Gambale, Jimmy Page and even Eddie Van Halen if you want to stay in borders of the "mainstream", although Frank Gambale ainīt mainstream :) . Guns N Roses were a band for girls...... it was like the finally got a band for themselves.

bassman2546
05-06-2007, 03:18 PM

They were acting like some bad boys and heartbreakers..... they were posers and not serious musicians like Zeppelin was. Slash is a good guitar player but nothing when you compare him to other guitar players like Yngwie Malmsteen, Michael Angelo, Frank Gambale, Jimmy Page and even Eddie Van Halen if you want to stay in borders of the "mainstream", although Frank Gambale ainīt mainstream :) . Guns N Roses were a band for girls...... it was like the finally got a band for themselves.

I have to disagree that they were a band for girls. As a matter of fact, I would say there was more of a male following than female, albeit minimal.

But I too, am tired of hearing about this album and have no desire to hear it. I happened to attend one of the few concerts that they performed on their last two, six days before the tour was canceled. They played Chinese Democracy and two others from the album and they were sleepers. People were heading to the concession stands and bathrooms in droves. And I was one of them. They were crappy, uneventful, forgetable songs.

Tail Gunner
05-06-2007, 03:21 PM
Yeah..this "leak" of the song is nothing new. The band is done, however, being a guitarist I was suprised that Buckethead (a fantastic guitarist) was envolved in this mess.

Coroner
05-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Yeah..this "leak" of the song is nothing new. The band is done, however, being a guitarist I was suprised that Buckethead (a fantastic guitarist) was envolved in this mess.

lol, Buckethead...... I heard a rumour thatheīs Paul Gilbert but I canīt believe this. No way.

Tail Gunner
05-06-2007, 04:06 PM
yeah, he's way too tall to be Paul Gilbert, I use to get some of his crazy music that was imported from Japan, where he is huge,
But he's done some great stuff with Bootsy Colins and producer Bill Laswell,
guy is pretty far out there for sure...

Quinn
05-06-2007, 04:16 PM

They were acting like some bad boys and heartbreakers..... they were posers and not serious musicians. . . .

Well said, Coroner. Axl rose (William really is more appropriate), in particular, is a complete tool. I mean come on........hair plugs???? Are you serious??? Game over...

-Quinn

Coroner
05-06-2007, 04:41 PM
yeah, he's way too tall to be Paul Gilbert, I use to get some of his crazy music that was imported from Japan, where he is huge,
But he's done some great stuff with Bootsy Colins and producer Bill Laswell,
guy is pretty far out there for sure...

Yeah, so is Marty Friedman (Megadeth, Cacophony...) who speaks perfect Japanese and has his own show on air in Japan. All the virtuosos are big in Japan, thatīs why we can never see them here in Europe. Paul Gilbert is on his European tour now and Symphony X (Michael Romeo) will play just 5 gigs in september/october as Dream Theater support..... the last virtuoso I could see here was Michael Angelo 3 years ago.

Welcome to the world of the underrated....

gimmeurblood
05-06-2007, 05:56 PM
"dude who wears a KFC bucket on his head couldnt even put up w/ the BS.... "

Lets not besmirch Bucketheads good name lol. i actually saw him play about half a year ago i think it was. as a guitar player it was the closest thing to nirvana lol not the band hahaha.

As far as GnR goes i was a kid when appitite came out and that helped carve a musical direction for me but to me they kinda shot thier load on 3 cds. i really dont think they had anythign else to give after Use your Illusions. In fact i dont even think the name Guns n Roses carries any weight anymore. i mean i guess the concerts will sell for nostalgia if they dont get canceled but whos really still waiting for chinese democracy

MonsieurValentine
05-06-2007, 06:45 PM
weak sauce.

DJ_Asia
05-06-2007, 06:45 PM
yeah I have heard Buckethead is actually a pretty good guitarist,but...ahem...frankly its kinda hard to picture that schtick in a GnR lineup,esp when they used to be such a stripped down bluesy rock and roll band back in the days of the Troubadour and The Rainbow.

gimmeurblood
05-06-2007, 07:30 PM
yeah I have heard Buckethead is actually a pretty good guitarist,but...ahem...frankly its kinda hard to picture that schtick in a GnR lineup,esp when they used to be such a stripped down bluesy rock and roll band back in the days of the Troubadour and The Rainbow.

yeha that seemed to be th eissue with that lineup it was like a hodgepodge of musicians thrown together , when back in the day it was more liek a gang of hoodlums that made some good music along with their sex and drugs

dreamer
05-06-2007, 08:07 PM
yeah --I loved Spaghetti Incident ---it totally grew on me back then ---I think it's awesome --------

BUT ----you guys remember GNR's slaughter of SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL??? ---now THAT was the absolute worst!!!

I dunno ---I think Axl is awesome ---many of the ILLUSION songs hit home for me ---too many to even mention ---in my opinion -Axl is very talented ------I can't wait to see what he's got --for today's day and age ---

I AM GOING TO SEE HEAVEN AND HELL ON MAY 15TH (thank you)

dreamer
05-06-2007, 08:10 PM
yeah --and that mystery song after the final track (Spaghetti Incident) ----that was awesome ---what was that YOUR GAME GIRL --? -----I know it was written by Charles Manson ----but I never did learn it's title ------

cool ass tune!!!!

Bic
05-10-2007, 02:34 AM
DJ_Asia everything you siad i pretty much agree wiht. in like 2003 or 4 i heard songs frum this album. all i hear is the shit that Axl is a perfectionest. blah blah blah. it dont take that long to perfect an album.

-

I AM GOING TO SEE HEAVEN AND HELL ON MAY 15TH (thank you)

^ I am going to see them tomorrow on the 10th :)

ill prolly just stay for megadeth tho and leave haha. heaven and hell are kind of like the 20th centery doors. its just not the same

arc angel
05-10-2007, 03:05 AM
grrrrinnn,,,,,,,,,,,, Enjoy !

Foto
05-10-2007, 05:57 AM
Theyve been leaking Chinese Democracy for like 5 years now....honestly at this point....who cares??

Who the fuck cares! Thank Allah that we were saved by NIrvana from anymore pretentious Guns and Retards. What a low point in music.

dreamer
05-10-2007, 08:19 PM
Hey Bic ---please keep in touch here about your Heaven and Hell experience ----I hope you were kidding ---I hope you stayed for Sabbath ---

it's NOTHING like the doors -----some people tend to divide Black Sabbath into fractions ---the Ozzy era --the Dio era --the Martin era --and then the two smaller fractions of Gillan and Hughes ---

in no way is Dio a fill in --for Ozzy ------Dio and Appice --combined with Butler and Iommi ---are a totally different band/sound ---

maybe you meant something else ---I dunno ------maybe you meant that it's grown old ---I dunno --------I -myself -give mountains of credit to ANY band --or any artist who keeps on going ----I dunno -----no band of today ---will ever attain the longevity of ..........................ah whatever -------I hope you stayed for Sabbath ---and I hope you come back and tell us how it was -----

dreamer
05-10-2007, 08:23 PM
yeah ---music today is a scattered freakazoid ---so many genres ---so many bands -----I dunno ---I am proud of my heros ---the original pioneers -of metal ---every hat I own --is tipped to them ---keep going until you can't ---

hondarobot
05-10-2007, 08:41 PM
I've seen this thread pop up on the first page a few times now. What's up with that? Who cares about GnR at this point?

Waiting for this album to be released is like waiting in line for the premier of "Buckaroo Banzai vs. The World Crime League". It's just not (thankfully) gonna happen.

Time to move on.

hwbs
05-10-2007, 10:15 PM
U guys need to let the GNR thing go...they were good for 2cds and that's it....why do you think they keep promising the goods and never deliver....they commit to do shows , only to have axyl disappear in the middle of the tour...he cant even sing the songs you want to hear cause he never took care of his vocal chords and is a chain smoker...they were good then and suck ass now...if they were good im sure they would of put out like 3 more cds already..

Bic
05-12-2007, 06:16 AM
Hey Bic ---please keep in touch here about your Heaven and Hell experience ----I hope you were kidding ---I hope you stayed for Sabbath ---

it's NOTHING like the doors -----some people tend to divide Black Sabbath into fractions ---the Ozzy era --the Dio era --the Martin era --and then the two smaller fractions of Gillan and Hughes ---

in no way is Dio a fill in --for Ozzy ------Dio and Appice --combined with Butler and Iommi ---are a totally different band/sound ---

maybe you meant something else ---I dunno ------maybe you meant that it's grown old ---I dunno --------I -myself -give mountains of credit to ANY band --or any artist who keeps on going ----I dunno -----no band of today ---will ever attain the longevity of ..........................ah whatever -------I hope you stayed for Sabbath ---and I hope you come back and tell us how it was -----

ok we walked ina few min late. we totaly missed machinehead. i asked some one and they said they only played about 3 songs. as soon as we sat down megadeth came on. they kicked ass. they played for abotu an hour. they had 2 or 3 songs from the new cd "United Abominations" and they ended with holy wars :)
we stayed for about 6 or 7 "Heven and Hell" songs. we didnt hear one sabboth song so we split. Dio was ok. they had a cool set on stage.