05-06-2007, 06:43 AM
Decision win after 12 rounds.

D115-M113

M116-D112

M115-D113

White_Male_Canada
05-06-2007, 06:57 AM
Oscar ran out of steam after the 8th.

Mayweather was slick enough, blocking alot of punches and slightly dominated in the 10nth, 11th and 12th.

blckhaze
05-07-2007, 06:37 AM
Mayweather said it best
"Oscar says He's in the best shape of his life. Oscar always says he's in the best shape of his life, but he always gets tired. What does say? It means he must be doing somthing wrong."

TJ347
05-07-2007, 06:57 AM
All I know is that at the end, Mayweather had a broken nose, and Oscar had a slight bruise on his shoulder, but not a mark on his face. This confirms that Oscar's the hardest hitting opponent Mayweather ever faced, but that Mayweather's defensive abilities largely neutralized Oscar's offense. It also confirms that Mayweather doesn't have the stopping power necessary to conclusively defeat guys in Oscar's category, which will eventually lead to him getting TKO'd, a la Roy Jones Jr. I mean, somebody with speed and power is bound to catch him eventually... The split decision was the right decision, as Mayweather did outpunch Oscar, but he didn't ever hurt him, knock him down or even look like he was about to do any of that. Until he can knock somebody out without needing to hit them with a thirteen piece combo, as far as I'm concerned Floyd will always be a bit suspect.

TJ347
05-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Papa Mayweather... Bald on top, dreads on the side is not a good look.

blckhaze
05-07-2007, 06:36 PM
Papa Mayweather... Bald on top, dreads on the side is not a good look.

LOL i thought he looked familiar
but yeah, most of Mayyewather jr. KO's were stoppages by a judge. Only a few were Straight KO's. but i still like him. Oscar lost the fight more than mayweather won, cause De La hoya had his jab going and he gave up on it for no reason.

White_Male_Canada
05-08-2007, 01:10 AM
Takes more balls to step up in weight and risk losing speed than it ever does going down in weight.

partlycloudy
05-09-2007, 03:58 AM
Mayweather did outpunch Oscar, but he didn't ever hurt him or even look like he was about to do any of that.

TJ347
05-09-2007, 04:02 AM
I stand by what I said that you've chosen to select, and even more so the parts of my previous comment which you conveniently left out.