PDA

View Full Version : (Off Topic) Cat too scary for Canadian mail carriers

Quinn
05-04-2007, 10:55 PM
WINNIPEG, Manitoba (Reuters) -- Canada's postal system has stopped delivering mail to a home in Winnipeg, Manitoba, after a mail carrier was scared away by a "very threatening cat," the Winnipeg Free Press said Friday.

A Canada Post spokeswoman said the agency was concerned about the safety of its carriers, although it hoped for an amicable solution to its dispute with cat-owner John Samborski.

"The letter carrier who delivers mail there ... was brought up on a farm, she is very comfortable with animals," spokeswoman Kathi Neal told the newspaper. "Apparently this is a very threatening cat."

Samborski told the paper that his 8-year-old, declawed, black cat Shadow is docile, and it was "ridiculous" for Canada Post to make him to pick up his mail from a post office instead of delivering it to his door.

Shadow "likes to eat and sleep and cuddle. You could drop a bomb and he'd just open one eye, take a look, then close them and go back to sleep," Samborski, 41, told the newspaper.

LMAO...........

hondarobot
05-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Sounds to me like old John Samborski has got himself a shape shifter. Any "house cat" who would be unphased by a bomb being dropped defiantely has some tricks up its sleeves.

I bet it runs downstairs before it's owner wakes up, waits for the mail lady to arrive, then assumes werecat form as soon as the door opens and scares the hell out of her.

It's probably finding its way stealthily to the post office right now.

:)

Quinn
05-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Something's up, because I can't imagine a postal carrier, or any functioning adult for that matter, being that afraid of a cat. I really wish they had included a pic. "Shadow" is prbably a five pount runt or something like that.

-Quinn

Felicia Katt
05-05-2007, 01:49 AM
Only Canadian males are afraid of Katts :)

meow

FK

BeardedOne
05-05-2007, 02:01 AM
Something's up, because I can't imagine a postal carrier, or any functioning adult for that matter, being that afraid of a cat. I really wish they had included a pic. "Shadow" is prbably a five pount runt or something like that.

-Quinn

There is currently a row going on about a couple of mousers that patrol a local Post Office here in the US. A customer complained that the cats, both declawed, clean, and well-trained, "...endanger customers by scratching them and they sit on the mail!". I repeat: 'declawed'. If they think that a cat sitting on the mail is bad, I'd like to show them what mice do to it. :x

Quinn, remember Ninja Squirrel? Imagine a house full of tiny cousins of same. :shock: :x I started going all Green Mile on them today, using electricution traps. :twisted: Little bahstids. The grrlz will catch the 'smart' ones that avoid the traps.

As far as 'functioning adult' is concerned, you don't know a lot of mail carriers, do you? :lol: And the Canadian ones are especially fickle. I knew a woman from Kitchner that found one sitting on her doorstep, crying. She gently took her mail from the carrier's hand and quietly hurried off to work. Never did find out what it was about, but she said there was a new carrier the next day. They all went on strike one year when CPC threatened to stop paying cab fare for them to return to the office for lunch.

In lighter mail news: Next week (May 12, 2007) is the National Letter Carrier's annual food drive. Mail carriers will accept donations of non-perishable foods to support your local food bank.

Marinus
05-05-2007, 02:10 AM
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2007/4/apr28gal39.jpg

Quinn
05-05-2007, 03:04 AM

meow

FK

LOL… Cute.

There is currently a row going on about a couple of mousers that patrol a local Post Office here in the US. A customer complained that the cats, both declawed, clean, and well-trained, "...endanger customers by scratching them and they sit on the mail!". I repeat: 'declawed'. If they think that a cat sitting on the mail is bad, I'd like to show them what mice do to it.

Quinn, remember Ninja Squirrel? Imagine a house full of tiny cousins of same. I started going all Green Mile on them today, using electricution traps. Little bahstids. The grrlz will catch the 'smart' ones that avoid the traps.

As far as 'functioning adult' is concerned, you don't know a lot of mail carriers, do you? And the Canadian ones are especially fickle. I knew a woman from Kitchner that found one sitting on her doorstep, crying. She gently took her mail from the carrier's hand and quietly hurried off to work. Never did find out what it was about, but she said there was a new carrier the next day. They all went on strike one year when CPC threatened to stop paying cab fare for them to return to the office for lunch.

In lighter mail news: Next week (May 12, 2007) is the National Letter Carrier's annual food drive. Mail carriers will accept donations of non-perishable foods to support your local food bank.

Yes, I remember “Ninja Squirrel” all too well. My once worthy adversary – or what’s left of him – is currently enjoying a dirt nap. How do you like me now, you furry fuck… Oops, another flashback from the PTSD that whole event left me with. May you enjoy similar success against this most ruthless and vile of species.

As an aside, the whole electrocution thing sounds interesting. Are you using a commercial device or some sort of mad scientist device you’ve constructed yourself? Either way, electrocution equals funny.

suckseed
05-05-2007, 03:47 AM
Gotta love cats.

matqc20
05-13-2007, 07:48 PM

meow

FK

Yeah .... if you say so... lol :lol:

wendy48088
05-13-2007, 08:17 PM
...The letter carrier who delivers mail there ... was brought up on a farm, she is very comfortable with animals," ... "Apparently this is a very threatening cat."

BeardedOne
05-13-2007, 09:34 PM
As an aside, the whole electrocution thing sounds interesting. Are you using a commercial device or some sort of mad scientist device you’ve constructed yourself? Either way, electrocution equals funny.

Heh. Love the image of the squirrel examining the transformer. Used to chase the damned things down the line at one of the railway museums. They'd skitter across the support wires and then along the running wire. With any luck, the car would be fast enough to get the shoe under his little hoofies before he reached the next pole. GROUNDED! ZOT! :twisted: Ah, the reassuring thump of roasted rodent upon the roof. :lol:

Though I have been considering the possibility of building a corral not unlike the one that Thomas Edison used to keep his lunch safe in while working the telegraph (Two wires encircling a board and connected to the telegraph power), I am instead testing out an electronic trap by Victor (Snappy traps for happy people). It's a basic box with a maze to let mice (But not people or pets) into it. At the bottom of the holding pen are two plates connected to what is probably a coil (Such as the one in an automobile that cranks 12 volt battery power up to something strong enough to start the engine) and it's operated by four AA batteries. You spread a gob of peanut butter on the inside wall and wait for the little light on top to blink. :) Unfortunately, I am still waiting for the first one to find it. :( Now that warmer weather has arrived they may have migrated back to tthe fields.

Meanwhile, the cats are prowling and may be pointing me to yet another nest. :x They are anxious to catch more as they are apparently tuna, chicken, and liver flavored having nested in a box of dry cat food. The last one they caught looked like punk mouse with his fur all wet and spiky, having been joyfully chewed for a while before being given up. The expression on his little face was saying, in high, squeaky mouse voice: "Dear god! Please! I'll do anything!" so I was merciful and sent him on the express flush to the canal. :)

I found Adolph (Our stray that looks like Hitler) on the back steps this morning. They circle, like furry vultures, awaiting the next kill.

wendy48088
05-14-2007, 08:24 AM
...Meanwhile, the cats are prowling and may be pointing me to yet another nest. :x They are anxious to catch more as they are apparently tuna, chicken, and liver flavored having nested in a box of dry cat food. The last one they caught looked like punk mouse with his fur all wet and spiky, having been joyfully chewed for a while before being given up. The expression on his little face was saying, in high, squeaky mouse voice: "Dear god! Please! I'll do anything!" so I was merciful and sent him on the express flush to the canal. :)

I found Adolph (Our stray that looks like Hitler) on the back steps this morning. They circle, like furry vultures, awaiting the next kill.

Cats are cool.