PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite Farrelly brothers film?

chefmike
05-04-2007, 09:22 AM
Pardon this frivolous thread...but I'm trying to wind down after what I thought would be only a "pop-in" visit to "the office"...but it didn't work out that way, such is life...and the young lady who I am endeavoring to make my next waitress du jour has yet to be ensnared....goddammit...

So anyway...'Kingpin' is on STARZ network...I'd say that it's a toss up with 'There's Something About Mary' for my favorite Farrelly bros. flick.

I think that they raise sophomoric humor to an art form...and their soundtracks are right up there with Tarantino, IMO...they always manage to find those little radio gems...

GroobySteven
05-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Kingpin is the funniest movie since Laurel and Hardy. It's probably my all-time favourite recent comedy.
seanchai

STEVEJOHNSON
05-04-2007, 11:20 AM
I like Dumb and Dumber. How about The Coen Brothers? O Brother, Where Art Thou?

chefmike
05-04-2007, 02:37 PM
I'm a big fan of all the Coen brothers films...they do great noir too...'Blood Simple'...

STEVEJOHNSON
05-04-2007, 02:44 PM
Fargo is one of my all time favorites.

chefmike
05-05-2007, 03:25 AM
Fargo is one of my all time favorites.

It is a superb film...how can you go wrong with a script that good, actors like Macy and Buscemi, and directors like the Coen bros....'Raising Arizona' is also a favorite Coen bros. film of mine...

Coroner
05-05-2007, 03:27 AM
I'm a big fan of all the Coen brothers films...they do great noir too...'Blood Simple'...

Damn :) a great movie. But my fav Coen-bros movie is Hudsucker with Tim Robbins.

Quinn
05-05-2007, 03:38 AM
For me, Dumb & Dumber wins hands down. It's a great wind down movie to see with friends after a night of partying, which is how I've seen it almost every time.

-Quinn

hwbs
05-05-2007, 05:11 AM
i would sak KINGPIN....the movie is sooooo funny....if you are a bowler, then its even funnier...i give a 2nd to either something bout mary or dumb and dumber...

PatrickFromNYC
05-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Kingpin is the funniest movie since Laurel and Hardy. It's probably my all-time favourite recent comedy.
seanchai

Co-sign on that.....A classic

Felicia Katt
05-05-2007, 08:10 AM
Am I the only one who is going to vote for Me, Myself and Irene? The scenes with his 3 "sons' are hilarious

FK

Legend
05-05-2007, 08:10 AM
Kingpin everything about that movie was funny!

jamans
05-05-2007, 08:14 AM
I can't believe that no-one has mentioned "Me, Myself & Irene". The scene with Jim Carrey taking a dump on the neighbors lawn is priceless....The dildo scene was great also...too many to mention

Felicia beat me to it....we have the same taste in something!!!

STEVEJOHNSON
05-05-2007, 09:45 AM
I have seen that movie at least 20 times and I never get sick of it.

STEVEJOHNSON
05-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Have to love the Soggy Bottom Boys!

iebwnj
05-05-2007, 11:56 AM
- "I'm talking about a little place called Aspen"
- "I don't know Lloyd, the French are assholes"

- "I'll never forget when I got that old fashion feeling when I'd do anything to bone her"
- "That's a special feeling Lloyd"

- "Oh look, they have the Monkees, they were an influence on the Beetles"

blckhaze
05-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Kingpin. I mean, its got bowling and the Amish, enough said

LG
05-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Am I the only one who liked "Shallow Hal"?

That would be one of my two choices, along with "There's something about Mary". I also thought "Osmosis Jones" was good.

hwbs
05-05-2007, 09:06 PM
I can't believe that no-one has mentioned "Me, Myself & Irene". The scene with Jim Carrey taking a dump on the neighbors lawn is priceless....The dildo scene was great also...too many to mention

Felicia beat me to it....we have the same taste in something!!!

look man, their dicks are bigger than those sausages there , lmfao :lol:

chefmike
05-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Am I the only one who liked "Shallow Hal"?

That would be one of my two choices, along with "There's something about Mary". I also thought "Osmosis Jones" was good.

I must admit that I was pretty disappointed with 'Shallow Hal', LG...but as for films featuring Jack Black, I'd say that "Saving Silverman" is my favorite...

LTR_Seeker
05-06-2007, 08:49 AM
Dumb N Dumber