PDA

View Full Version : For all you comic fans...

stillies77
05-03-2007, 12:44 AM
The Iron Man movie is coming out and for everyone who is wondering what the armor is going to look like...here is the modern iron man armor for you as it will look in the movie on mr. Downey Jr. hehe...I for one think its about as accurate as you can get...even if i hate tony stark after Civil War its still one bad ass movie costume!

http://www.aintitcool.com/images2007/ironmanmark3.jpg

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20037509,00.html

Alison Faraday
05-03-2007, 12:48 AM
Tron?

http://www.uoregon.edu/~smuelle1/manovichProject/tron-3.jpg

http://www.steveenglehart.com/Games/Games%20Images/tron%202.0.jpg

Oh, and it was a Disney film referring to the Disney thread.

stillies77
05-03-2007, 12:53 AM
haha good disney film too love the frisbee action lol

alyss_heart
05-03-2007, 02:26 AM
Yippee!!! Spider Man, Iron Man, it's turning into a good year already!

:D :D :D

kukm4
05-03-2007, 04:48 AM
sorry for the slight thread hijack..

Dont forget May 5th, 2007 (saturday)

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/

TJ347
05-03-2007, 05:01 AM
The Iron Man movie is coming out and for everyone who is wondering what the armor is going to look like...here is the modern iron man armor for you as it will look in the movie on mr. Downey Jr.

Any news on whether this version of the Iron Man armor features an integrated, self lighting crack pipe? Tony Stark's an alcoholic... figures Marvel would screw it up and get a crackhead to play him.

stillies77
05-03-2007, 06:29 AM
i dont think the casting could be more perfect...both of them have a shattered past.

SCguy
05-04-2007, 12:26 AM
Hey Stilles. Did you hear they are coming out with a Nick Cage movie? Yep....And for you that don't know this comic. This is where Nicholas Cage took his last name from. The actor playing Nick Cage is supposed to be Tay Diggs. Should be pretty cool.

Legend
05-04-2007, 12:29 AM
Hey Stilles. Did you hear they are coming out with a Nick Cage movie? Yep....And for you that don't know this comic. This is where Nicholas Cage took his last name from. The actor playing Nick Cage is supposed to be Tay Diggs. Should be pretty cool.

Actually his name is luke cage aka powerman
http://i13.tinypic.com/4v7z5h3.jpg[/img]

the Adrienne Barbeaubot
05-04-2007, 05:04 AM
Hey stillies, I'm hopin one of these days they make a DR.STRANGE movie.He was always one of my favs. The stories always kept me interested,plus he was a unique sort of hero. Everything was always surreal and with CGI these days they could definetaly make a super great flic of the Sorcerer Supreme. They'd have to get Peter Jackson to direct it though. I think he would be the only one for that task. What d'ya think??

TJ347
05-04-2007, 05:17 AM
Hey stillies, I'm hopin one of these days they make a DR.STRANGE movie.He was always one of my favs.

They made a Dr. Strange TV movie a few years back, ala the many Hulk TV movies made. It sucked. Was never a big Dr. Strange fan, but agree that with CGI, it could work. I mean, they did do an Elektra movie, and she was certainly a less popular character, no?

DonPA
05-04-2007, 01:56 PM
There is a Dr. Strange animated movie coming out on DVD in August. Have you guys seen the Mark I armor? Stan Winston Studios built a real Iron Man armor. It's friggin' awesome.

hondarobot
05-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Cool looking suit, they did a good job with that. Personally I think Downey is the perfect guy to cast as Tony Stark. There is the obvious substance abuse problem they share, and I think he's one actor that really can Act if properly motivated. Maybe the potential for a film franchise will keep him from hitting the bottle and the pipe for awhile, which would be good.

I'm curious as to who the villians will be. I'm sure it will be Stane/ Stane Industries, but Ultron or Ghost would be cool additions. I hope it's not the damn Mandarin with his fruity magic rings, I hate that guy.

All in all, could be a good movie.

alpha2117
05-04-2007, 06:23 PM
If you go to aint it cool news they had a shot of downey making the armor from the film. Also they had a pic of the 1st generation armor he builds a while back which looks very much like the original suit from the 60's. I believe the suit will be bulkier than the comics to make it more realistic.

The old early 80's Dr Strange film was camp but fun.

hondarobot
05-04-2007, 07:21 PM
If you go to aint it cool news they had a shot of downey making the armor from the film. Also they had a pic of the 1st generation armor he builds a while back which looks very much like the original suit from the 60's. I believe the suit will be bulkier than the comics to make it more realistic.

The old early 80's Dr Strange film was camp but fun.

Bulkier than the original, crappy looking 1960's era suit? Good God, that leaves only one option.

DonPA
05-04-2007, 07:51 PM
Here's the pic of the Mark I armor that will be seen.

http://www.superherohype.com/nextraimages/ironmanarmor2.jpg

The villain/villains are The Mandarin and Obadiah Stane.

stillies77
05-05-2007, 12:42 AM
A Doc Strange movie would be really cool I agree...but he would have to face off with Dormammu...
Saw Spidey 3 last night, midnight show, I dont care what anyone else says i thought it was amazing...i loved every single second of it...from harrys bump...to Petes dance moves...it was perfect....Venom was so fucking great. It was everything i thought it would be

Ecstatic
05-05-2007, 12:57 AM
Good year for comics fans. Dr Strange would be cool. Green Lantern done right would be cool, but it's so fragging easy to screw that character up.

How about go for bust and do a Legion of Super Heroes flick? All those characters would keep the CGI guys busy for a minute.

stillies77
05-05-2007, 01:14 AM
Im holding out for a Daredevil reimaging like they are doing to Hulk...he deserves it dammit!

alyss_heart
05-05-2007, 04:50 AM
This thread got me thinking of comics I'd like to see made into movies. Came up with this list off the top of my head:

Capt America
The Post Brothers
Morbius - the Living Vampire
Man-Thing (redone, competently)
Faust (redone, competently)
The Invisibles (redone, honestly)
ElfQuest
The Warlord
Tex Arcana

Probably others but these come immediately to mind as favourites of mine that would make great movies.

Kabuki
05-05-2007, 05:00 AM
This thread got me thinking of comics I'd like to see made into movies. Came up with this list off the top of my head:

Capt America
The Post Brothers
Morbius - the Living Vampire
Man-Thing (redone, competently)
Faust (redone, competently)
The Invisibles (redone, honestly)
ElfQuest
The Warlord
Tex Arcana

Probably others but these come immediately to mind as favourites of mine that would make great movies.

Faust...I never saw the film, but I use to purchase the comics. Twisted stuff there :twisted:

Did anyone ever see the really bad Vampirella movie?

alyss_heart
05-05-2007, 05:20 AM
Faust...I never saw the film, but I use to purchase the comics.

It's my favourite. Ever. But you can pass on the movie. I enjoy Yuzna's films, but knowing the liberties he took with his Lovecraft films, I didn't expect it to share much more than the title and characters with the original - and that's about what it was. It was OK, but not the story I loved.

Missed the Vampi film. Sounds like that's not a Bad Thing.

Kabuki
05-05-2007, 05:28 AM
Faust...I never saw the film, but I use to purchase the comics.

It's my favourite. Ever. But you can pass on the movie. I enjoy Yuzna's films, but knowing the liberties he took with his Lovecraft films, I didn't expect it to share much more than the title and characters with the original - and that's about what it was. It was OK, but not the story I loved.

Missed the Vampi film. Sounds like that's not a Bad Thing.

I would love to see someone produce a decent Lovecraft film. I've read most of H.P.'s work, and I'm surprised that Hollywood hasn't tried to embrace his work more.

Mustard_Plug
05-05-2007, 07:09 AM
Re-Animator was a good lovecraft flick in my opinion.

I would actually like to see "The Walking Dead" be made into a tv series, or mini series, which ever would work well.

stillies77
05-05-2007, 07:11 AM
I would LOVE to see a Walking dead movie/tv series...it is such a good book that just keeps getting better!

kukm4
05-05-2007, 07:22 AM
I would love to see Preacher series on HBO

stillies77
05-05-2007, 07:47 AM
i wouldnt...mark steven johnson making it...ugh...he sucks.

DonPA
05-05-2007, 02:59 PM
I have always said that The Walking Dead would make a great tv series. HBO would be great for Walking Dead, but if not them then FX could since they seem to push the limits on their shows. Daredevil would make a great tv show too, but focusing more on Matt Murdock than DD.

stillies77
05-05-2007, 04:50 PM
if they did a daredevil show based on Bendis and Maleev's run...it would beat 24.

brickcitybrother
05-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Psst. There was a Capt America movie. Actually two... but the second was an underground american release .. funny when you think about it. There is also an upcoming one listed for 2009 and the best thing about is that Jack Kirby is producing/writing.

alyss_heart
05-05-2007, 08:54 PM
There was a Capt America movie. Actually two...

I thought I rememberd one, but didin't know about the other - wwill have to look for it.

Jack Kirby is producing/writing

Oh dear, is Jack back from the dead again?

Jack Kirby (August 28, 1917 – February 6, 1994)

:)

But if this means it's based on the old Kirby Cap, then cool! :)

alyss_heart
05-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Oops - hit submit too early. :(

I'm surprised that Hollywood hasn't tried to embrace his work more

Whenever they do it's usually pretty bad. The HP Lovecraft Society did a version of Call of Cthulhu in an old, silent movie style that was really good. There's a movie due to come out this year called Cthulhu. I'm not holding my breath.

In the Mouth of Madness is a pretty good "Lovecraft-esque" movie though.

Re-Animator was a good lovecraft flick in my opinion.

Oh, I love that one - just like so many of those it doesn't follow the story much beyond the initial premise. Jeffrey Combs is the perfect Herbert West. :D :D

DonPA
05-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Actually there were 3 Captain America movies. 2 in the 70's starring Reb Brown and one in the 90's starring Matt Salinger. All 3 are pitiful excuses for comic book movies.

Kabuki
05-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Actually there were 3 Captain America movies. 2 in the 70's starring Reb Brown and one in the 90's starring Matt Salinger. All 3 are pitiful excuses for comic book movies.

Did the 70's Cap film have a motorcycle? I may have seen clips from that.

DonPA
05-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Yes they did and his helmet was basically the Cap mask and the motorcycles windshield was his shield. They were made for tv movies that sucked worse than Howard the Duck, FF 94 and Captain America 1991 combined.

Jack59
05-10-2007, 03:40 AM
Getting back to Iron man, you might want to check this out.

http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_xevidmegafx&Itemid=139&func=detail&id=582