PDA

View Full Version : Prince Harry to be sent to Iraq

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
04-30-2007, 09:50 PM
Prince Harry will be deployed to Iraq with his regiment, the head of the British army has confirmed.

Gen Sir Richard Dannatt said he had taken the decision personally but stressed it would be kept under review.

He called for an end to the "somewhat frenzied media speculation around this issue... in the interests of all our people deployed in Iraq at this time".

There have been fears for the safety of the prince in Iraq amid apparently worsening tensions in the country.

Gen Dannatt added: "The decision has been taken that he will deploy. I will of course keep that decision continually under review, and if circumstances are such that I change that decision, I will make a further statement."

Bloody conflict

In February, Clarence House and the MoD confirmed the prince would be sent to Iraq with his regiment, the Blues and Royals, saying he would take on a "normal troop commander's role" rather than a desk job.

The prince has long stated his wish to be in active service.

But concerns for his safety, and that of his soldiers, grew more intense after 12 UK troops were killed this month, one of the bloodiest since the conflict began.

The prince, 22, has taken part in preparation exercises. As an officer, he would be in charge of 11 soldiers carrying out reconnaissance work using four armoured Scimitar vehicles, each with a crew of three.

It is thought that the prince has always insisted he should not be treated differently because of his status.

The prince, known as Cornet Wales, graduated from Sandhurst in April last year and qualified as an armoured reconnaissance troop leader in October.

His rank of cornet is used by a small number of cavalry units including the Blues and Royals. It is the equivalent of the more usual rank of 2nd lieutenant. He is known to colleagues as Troop Commander Wales.

Safety debate

The deployment would make the prince the first royal to undertake a tour of duty in a war zone since the Duke of York served in the Falklands conflict in 1982.

Sir John Nott, Conservative defence secretary during the Falklands War, said the issue of Harry's deployment was different from his uncle's because the war in Iraq was "much more fraught" and did not have "complete public support".

Critics have suggested the risks to the prince are too great but others have claimed that insurgents will not be able to ascertain exactly where he has been deployed.

lol, I know U.S. politicians are quivering in their shoes

Jericho
04-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Gawd bless you, ma'am, sendin' yer only [legitimate] grandson orf to war like that!

:roll:
And i wonder how much more they're going to waste making sure he comes to no harm.

MrsKellyPierce
04-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Wow really

birkie35
04-30-2007, 10:43 PM
I suggest that Prince Harry wears a TSHIRT that says "I'm Prince Harry" so that he can protect his fellow soldiers thus ensuring that they wont be accidently killed.

I just hope that they don't follow suit in a bid for solidarity which is somewhat similar to the "Life of Brian"

"I'm Prince Harry and so is my wife"

flabbybody
05-01-2007, 12:23 AM
seems kind of stupid to tempt the terroists with such a prized target. Not saying his life is more important than any other Allied soldier, but why put him in harm's way?

TJT
05-01-2007, 01:34 AM
How will he able to defend his title as Upperclass Twit of the Year if he's in Iraq?

phxguy
05-01-2007, 01:36 AM
At least he won't be punching out photographers at clubs in London.

svenson
05-01-2007, 02:04 AM
hes brave to go. i admire his choice not to be rich and spoilt

Kriss
05-01-2007, 02:14 AM
And i wonder how much more they're going to waste making sure he comes to no harm.

:shock: :smh ER, NO MATE, THEY ARE SENDING HIM OUT THERE specifically so thAt he DOES COME TO HARM. Basically it's like this, theres been rumbles recently throughout the media about the many , many things that dont add up about the diana "accident"(assasination), Harry is a loose end that needs to be tied up, he's blatantly james herriot's son and not charles's , he's blatantly angry about his mothers asssasination, his fake 'heritage' and one day will let off and blow the whole thing wide open..........and one can't have that, can one? so they are shipping him off to iraq to kill him there, whoever fires the missile that kills him will have been guided/trained/employed by the british secret services. That boy ain't comin back from there i tell you. the sickest thing is that they will use his death as propaganda to justify perpetuating the shameful debacle that is the invasion and rape of iraq by THE US AND BRITAIN (Oceania)

This is what royal families DO. it's what they have done for thousands of years. OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!!!!!!!

Harry is the only decent one among them, because he hasn't got a bit of windsor in him. idiots, they finally get some good ginger genes in the family and they go and kill him.

How will he able to defend his title as Upperclass Twit of the Year if he's in Iraq?

no that's david the twatt cameron

MacShreach
05-01-2007, 02:42 AM
seems kind of stupid to tempt the terroists with such a prized target. Not saying his life is more important than any other Allied soldier, but why put him in harm's way?

PR exercise?

TJT
05-01-2007, 02:46 AM
Like the one his uncle starred in back in '82?

Kriss
05-01-2007, 02:51 AM
Like the one his uncle starred in back in '82?

INNIT!

chefmike
05-01-2007, 03:13 AM
Will the slutty, drunken Bush twins also be showing up for the latest Iraq farce that their daddy calls a "surge?"...

100 wasted US lives this month alone for this fucking lie...

blckhaze
05-01-2007, 04:31 AM
gl to him.
damn shame a prince is showing up our prez, but thats another story

Felicia Katt
05-01-2007, 04:44 AM
gl to him.
damn shame a prince is showing up our prez, but thats another story

In Harry, England has a Prince who wants to be the common man, In GWB we have a common man, who thinks he is a king.

FK

Coroner
05-01-2007, 04:57 AM
anyone seen the GWB dance?

wendy48088
05-01-2007, 08:47 AM
* Deleted *

wendy48088
05-01-2007, 09:15 AM
* Deleted *

Chica
05-01-2007, 09:38 AM
it's dangerous for prince harry for one thing:

the news. if they tell us exactly where he is, no doubt the iraqi's will also know... and i expect it to be plastered over every tv channel, every newspaper and every radio station

he's the only one of the royal family that i like, he's down to earth, likes to drink, and drives a modest car, all the rest of em just spend our money

sirmartinfrobisher
05-01-2007, 11:16 AM
James Hewitt admitted under hypnosis that he was having an affair with Diana at the time that Harry would have been conceived. There is no doubt that Harry closely resembles Hewitt and does not look at all like Charles.
It is a Royal tradition that they fight in wars, that's how they get to be Monarchs! Harry's uncle, Andrew, flew a missile decoy helicopter in the Falklands conflict, that was frontline and very dangerous!

praetor
05-01-2007, 02:02 PM
I suggest that Prince Harry wears a TSHIRT that says "I'm Prince Harry" so that he can protect his fellow soldiers thus ensuring that they wont be accidently killed.

I just hope that they don't follow suit in a bid for solidarity which is somewhat similar to the "Life of Brian"

"I'm Prince Harry and so is my wife"

Great, my suggest also....

cheribaum
05-01-2007, 02:55 PM
I think Prince Henry is more attractive than William but I'm partial to natural redheads. He's going to be one hot man. William looks like he got an old string of bad inbreeding,

sirmartinfrobisher
05-01-2007, 03:01 PM
James Hewitt boasts that he has a big dick, so if he is actually Harry's father, the boy may well have inherited that characteristic :twisted:

Coroner
05-01-2007, 03:19 PM
Yes, Wendy, that one. Seen it on TV yesterday...... itīs the job Bush was born for.

wendy48088
05-01-2007, 07:59 PM
* Deleted *

wendy48088
05-01-2007, 08:09 PM
* Deleted *

wendy48088
05-01-2007, 08:19 PM
* Deleted *

TJT
05-01-2007, 10:51 PM
I think Prince Henry is more attractive than William but I'm partial to natural redheads. He's going to be one hot man. William looks like he got an old string of bad inbreeding,

It's what happens when your ancestors have been sharing the same gene pool for over 800 years.

Diana's not dead,she's on an island married to Elvis.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-17-2007, 03:08 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6663053.stm

I knew they'd choke

Hara_Juku Tgirl
05-17-2007, 04:55 AM

I disagree! I think they are both georgeous and hot. The only difference is I could see physically that is - Harry looks alot more kinky and fun and William seems timid/stern looking. :lol: Then again I could be wrong. LOL ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

4star4
05-17-2007, 05:04 AM
I'm glad Prince Harry wasn't sent to Iraq. There's no reason to put the young Brittish guys in harms way, just the same as our young soldiers from the States. It's just too bad that Bush's girls have so much priviledge and fortune that they will never have to think about taking a bullet for their daddy's, and grandpa's war. I used to like PM Blair, but I wish he would have shot Bush down a long time ago. This Bush administration has brain-washed so many people. It's scarry. And sorry to say, its the "moral majority" who will dictate this country.