PDA

View Full Version : God Hates Fags - Westboro Baptist Church

jake2002
04-30-2007, 01:28 PM
Did anyone see the recent Louis Theroux programme on the BBC about Westboro Baptist Church?

It was called 'The Most Hated Family in America' and was about the Phelps family who preach a lot of hatred, much of which centres around the notion that 'God hates fags'.

Anyway, I stumbled upon some pictures on ATK Natural featuring a 'wife' called Becky who looks remarkably like a member of the Phelps family. I'm not saying it is her, but the similarity is striking.

Here are the pics:

http://hairy.amkingdom.com/01/models/wives_becky.php?id=100467&cc=669053&ib=atk162916&pc=sfsb1

Here is the final section of the Theroux programme, when he goes to chat with 'Becky' Phelps (about three and a half minutes in):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyPMTr5yMQI&mode=related&search=

Tail Gunner
04-30-2007, 01:32 PM
That lady is frickin crazy and has infected her children with all that hatred. I believe in free speech and all that however I draw that line with her.

laoda8
04-30-2007, 01:59 PM
That lady is frickin crazy and has infected her children with all that hatred. I believe in free speech and all that however I draw that line with her.

It started with reverend phelps himself, He systematically infected his children and they don't know what's what.

TheOne1
04-30-2007, 04:08 PM
god hates fags? but the pope allows all the child molesting priests to ravage the children of church.... god bless'em

odelay24
04-30-2007, 04:31 PM
god hates fags? but the pope allows all the child molesting priests to ravage the children of church.... god bless'em

different church. and no, the pope doesn't allow that. obviously it's wrong, and things need to be changed so Priests can marry. but that's not what this is about.

peggygee
04-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Fred Waldron Phelps Sr. http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/phelps.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Phelps

Fred Waldron Phelps, Sr. (born November 13, 1929 in Meridian,
Mississippi) is the pastor and leader of the Westboro Baptist Church, an
independent Baptist church in Topeka, Kansas that is listed as a "hate
group" by the Southern Poverty Law Center.[1] He is known for preaching
that "God hates fags" and that God will punish homosexuals as well as
people such as Bill O'Reilly and Howard Dean, whom his church
considers "fag-enablers".[2][3] His church says he is a "Five-Point
Calvinist".[4]

Along with funerals, Phelps and his followers frequently picket various
events, especially gay pride gatherings and high-profile political
gatherings arguing it is their sacred duty to warn others of the wrath to
come. When criticized, Phelps' followers say they are protected in doing
so by the First Amendment.[5][6] President Bush recently signed the
Respect for America's Fallen Heroes Act in response to Phelps' protests at
military funerals.[7]

Phelps is a self-described "fire and brimstone" preacher who believes that
homosexuality and its acceptance have doomed most of the world to
eternal damnation. His group has slightly fewer than 100 members, 90 of
whom are related to Phelps through blood or marriage or both, although
his daughter Shirley claims that only 80% are related.[8]

The group is built around a core of anti-homosexual theology, with many
of their activities stemming from the slogan "God hates fags," which is
also the name of the group's main website. Gay rights activists, as well as
Christians of virtually every denomination, have denounced him as a
producer of anti-gay propaganda and violence-inspiring hate speech.[9

chefmike
04-30-2007, 05:53 PM
Welcome to jesus camp!

Just don't drop the soap in the shower if any Bush cronies like Ted Haggard or Mark Foley happen to be in there with you...

Somedude21
04-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Fred Phelps is an assbag that deserves nothing but what the worst that Hell has to offer him. I can understand free speech and all, but I draw the line when that free speech turns into hate speech. And picketing fallen soldiers' funerals? That's just being the lowest of the low.

chefmike
04-30-2007, 06:08 PM

different church. and no, the pope doesn't allow that. obviously it's wrong, and things need to be changed so Priests can marry. but that's not what this is about.

The Catholic church is perhaps the most corrupt religious institution on the planet...and that's saying a lot. When are we going to start taxing these hypocrites? Even Scientology is tax-exempt... :roll:

flabbybody
05-01-2007, 12:38 AM
I'd have a little respect for the guy if he came to Monster Bar on a crowded Saturday night and explained his views on homosexuality to some of the patrons. I'm sure everyone would be glad to engage him in an intellectual exchange over a few beers. Then he could go back to Topeka and explain to his congregation how his face became disfigured.

gummi baer
05-01-2007, 12:45 AM
I that the same God who said, "Thou shalt have no other Gods before me"? i.e. God hates Gods + God hates fags = fags are Gods ergo God's a fag.

phxguy
05-01-2007, 01:59 AM
If Fred Phelps and his ilk did this shit up in Canada, they would be in jail by now.

chefmike
05-01-2007, 01:53 PM
I'd have a little respect for the guy if he came to Monster Bar on a crowded Saturday night and explained his views on homosexuality to some of the patrons. I'm sure everyone would be glad to engage him in an intellectual exchange over a few beers. Then he could go back to Topeka and explain to his congregation how his face became disfigured.

LMAO!

chefmike
05-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Did anyone catch this item in the news today?

http://www.kansas.com/228/story/58617.html

Ratbutt
05-01-2007, 06:31 PM
I agree!

God hates cigarettes.

Next?

gimmeurblood
05-01-2007, 07:09 PM
ok after reading this thread i had to go check out this guys site....wow....ok so like...umm...if we're all screwed anyway why are they trying so hard.

i wanna make stupid sarcastic comments but why even bother.

im about to watch a video they have for a song call "God hates the World" funny Slayer said the same thing a couple albums ago......im kind of getting a kick out of this stupidity..laughs at "priestsrapeboys.com". i can't wait to die and find out whos right

*edit* ok so that video turned out to be a "cover" of We are the World. thats just wrong...i kept waiting for the part where bruce springsteen comes in....just wrong

InHouston
05-01-2007, 08:03 PM
These are people who's ignorance and hate stem from a lack of true insight and understanding of the vast and prolific machinery of Nature, with its innumerable species of plants and animals coupled with its innumerable shades of gray; heterosexuals, homosexuals, bisexuals, asexuals, geniuses, idiots, scholars, retards, natural-born killers, philanthropists, theists, atheists, etc. Because they don't understand the complexities and result of billions of years of evolution (throughout the cosmos), and the profound diversity and multitudes of species therein, it's much easier for their feeble brains to perceive it all as "God's will" as the ancient minds of long ago would have it, and still would have it today. While true scientists absolutely regard Nature’s all encompassing phenomena as a consequence of complex carbon chemistry, and nothing more. Therefore, all people and things are valid and legitimate (whether we like them or not), because no thinking being had anything to do with what is created in the natural world. Nature had everything to do with it. Therefore, no one thing is held in regard over the other by Nature, except by thinking beings. Case in point, the abject hate and discrimination of homosexuals demonstrated by members of Westboro Baptist Church. :smh

God has no say so in the matter when it comes to homosexuals, because God does not exist. God is a phantom, an idea; a forgery in man’s image out of ignorance, and ironically, while unfortunate, is all perfectly natural.

phxguy
05-01-2007, 11:49 PM

Friends University in Wichita must have pretty low standards.

phxguy
05-01-2007, 11:51 PM
Several years ago, I E-mailed Fred Phelps and told him that I was into TSs and described to him in graphic sexual detail my ideal time with a TS. He replied back to me telling me that Jesus is the way and that the only way to go to heaven is to sell my soul to Jesus. The reply looked like a general standard reply he sends to everyone who E-mail him flames.

InHouston
05-02-2007, 12:44 AM
:?:

Irisheyes
05-02-2007, 01:08 AM
i long for a world without religion... any one questioning their faith, wat ever it may be should read 'The God Delusion' by Richard Dawkins

MrsKellyPierce
05-02-2007, 01:12 AM
Oh don't blame one religious person for everything. Religion is not bad, its extremist with their own ideas that use the Bible and God to spread their own hate of something they don't care to understand or learn about.

Not every christian/catholic/prostestant person is like this or feels this way. So don't take a few bad apples and make it to be everyones thoughts and views.

It's hyprocritical, and it doing the same thing they do to us.

LTR_Seeker
05-02-2007, 01:55 AM
As christain & been one for many long years god doesnt hate people who are homosexual he hates none he does hate lifestles of people who sin but doesnty hate them for being a sinner , Those Phelps people will be just as bad as adoplh hitler or stalin preching hate

chefmike
05-02-2007, 02:34 AM
As christain & been one for many long years god doesnt hate people who are homosexual he hates none he does hate lifestles of people who sin but doesnty hate them for being a sinner , Those Phelps people will be just as bad as adoplh hitler or stalin preching hate

Did he tell you that?

chefmike
05-02-2007, 02:43 AM

Friends University in Wichita must have pretty low standards.

Of course they do. It's a fucking bible-college...

Praise jesus and pass the goddamn diploma!

BeardedOne
05-02-2007, 03:12 AM
Hey Megabuddy, where yah been DUDE? :wink: I figured you'd CAP in here eventually. :)

Belief is one thing, religion another. I don't subscribe to organized religion because IMHO it is the poison that rots humanity as a whole. Believing in a deity is one thing, beleiving without doubt what someone claims that a deity =sez= is just plain fucking stoopid. Add to that one's own blatant ignorance (Phelps) and the resultant muck is an indefensible quagmire of coldhearted foolishness.

In another culture, with a different set of beliefs, Phelps would have long ago strapped a rank of dynamite or C4 to his chest and rid the world of his rantings in a relaitvely speedy *POP*.

flabbybody
05-02-2007, 03:25 AM
mega
she's very special. you've met your soul mate. I'm so happy for you.
don't be such a stranger here.
flab

dan_drade
05-02-2007, 04:09 AM
That girl on the ATK site sure does look like the phelp's girl. I guess she finally got her freedom!!! Praise the Lord LOL.

chefmike
05-02-2007, 01:49 PM
IF GOD IS SUPPOSED TO BE PERFICT THEN I GUESS HE FUCKED UP BECAUSE HE CREATED FAGS TOO........WHY DOES ANYONE CARE WHO DOES WHAT IN THE BEDROOM........THE BIBLE WAS WRITTEN BY MAN, NOT GOD, ITS THE MOST IN ACCURATE WASTE OF PAPER EVER WRITTEN.....GAY, STRAIGHT, BI, TRANS, WHO CARES , UNLES YOUR IN THE CLOSET AND YOUR JEALOUS OF THOSE OF US WHO LIVE THE WAY WE TRULY FEEL....IM NOW MRRIED TO A TS AND SHE IS PART OF MY FAMILY...NOT ON THE DL .....GOD LOVES HER ALMOST AS MUCH AS I DO.....

MEGA! WHAT'S UP, BRO? GLAD TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR NEW LOVE, AND I HOPE THAT IT LASTS FOREVER, MON. GIVE J A HOLLA FOR ME WHEN YOU SEE HIM!

ds5929
05-02-2007, 11:26 PM
In another culture, with a different set of beliefs, Phelps would have long ago strapped a rank of dynamite or C4 to his chest and rid the world of his rantings in a relaitvely speedy *POP*.

Umm, probably not. Movement leaders are quite willing to incite others to die, but are'nt so anxious to do so themselves. You don't see Bin Laden or Sader strapping a pack of C4 to THEIR scrawny asses. Extolling the virtues of martyrdom is a whole lot easier when it's someone else that's going to wear the bomb.

ds5929
05-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Just remembered, I heard a few days ago on a syndicated radio show (don't remember which one) that the host was turning his next broadcast over to the Phelps morons. These unspeakably vile assholes had planned to stage one of their 'protests' at the funerals of those slain at VA Tech. In return for the airtime, the Phelps inbreeders signed a $100,000 penalty contract to not do it. After my initial anger at what seemed at first glance to be enabling behavior on the part of the radio show, I simmered down. I can change stations, or turn the radio off. The familes at the furerals would not have that option.

Somedude21
05-03-2007, 12:33 AM
Just remembered, I heard a few days ago on a syndicated radio show (don't remember which one) that the host was turning his next broadcast over to the Phelps morons. These unspeakably vile assholes had planned to stage one of their 'protests' at the funerals of those slain at VA Tech. In return for the airtime, the Phelps inbreeders signed a $100,000 penalty contract to not do it. After my initial anger at what seemed at first glance to be enabling behavior on the part of the radio show, I simmered down. I can change stations, or turn the radio off. The familes at the furerals would not have that option.

Exactly, which is why that radio show host should be congratulated. He saved many people a lot of unwanted grief.

tsntx
05-03-2007, 12:37 AM

Exactly, which is why that radio show host should be congratulated. He saved many people a lot of unwanted grief.

co- sign... protesters shouldnt be allowed to make hateful comments at funerals... even if the guy was a child molesting hypocrit preist. the other ppl mourning his life do not need the extra guilt or hate thrown at them. they arent responsible for his actions. it should be a time of peace not a time to allow crazed individuals to make a situation about their agenda.

laoda8
05-03-2007, 12:50 AM
I hope at reverend phelp's funeral people go to their funerals and...give them flowers.

Their heads would explode at the backwards logic of the real world.

chefmike
05-03-2007, 01:23 AM
I'm glad that those bible-banging freaks didn't get the chance at even more publicity, but knowing Tech and the town of Blacksburg the way that I do....without police protection, they would have incurred one serious ass-whipping. Not to mention that the dipshit scientologists who flooded the town after the tragedy had already pissed people off....

Somedude21
05-03-2007, 01:30 AM
...what did the scientologists do to piss people off in Blacksburg?

chefmike
05-03-2007, 01:50 AM
...what did the scientologists do to piss people off in Blacksburg?

They showed up.