PDA

View Full Version : Book of interest: Thug Matrimony

TJ347
04-30-2007, 02:14 AM
One of the reasons I avoid anything with the word "thug" in its title is that I expect my intelligence will be insulted. So I don't believe I'll ever get around to reading "Thug Matrimony". Sorry it didn't meet your expectations though.

Quinn
04-30-2007, 02:28 AM
Well, at least the title is funny as hell.........

-Quinn

chefmike
04-30-2007, 02:29 AM
Are these riveting novels about a badass like this punk bitch?

http://www.google.com/custom?q=50-cent&sa=Search&cof=GIMP%3A%23FF9D00%3BT%3A%23FFFFFF%3BLW%3A600%3B BIMG%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.thesmokinggun.com%2Fgraphi cs%2Fimg%2Fgoogleback.gif%3BALC%3A%23ffffff%3BL%3A http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thesmokinggun.com%2Fgraphics%2Fim g%2Farchivetopgoogle.gif%3BGFNT%3A%23ffffff%3BLC%3 A%23FF9D00%3BLH%3A136%3BBGC%3A%23000000%3BAH%3Alef t%3BVLC%3A%23FF9D00%3BGL%3A2%3BS%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fww w.thesmokinggun.com%3BGALT%3A%23ffffff%3BAWFID%3Ad fe4f3f790029d37%3B&domains=www.thesmokinggun.com&sitesearch=www.thesmokinggun.com

chefmike
04-30-2007, 02:37 AM
Well, the book was highly anticipated since last year by everyone.

uh huh...

TJ347
04-30-2007, 02:42 AM
I hear you Unisex, and if the previous books were as good as you say, you might be right about the author doing a rush job, in an effort to capitalize on the success of the first two. But what I was really getting at is how that, as black people particularly, our intelligence is insulted by many products aimed at us, even when those products are created and/or marketed by black people. This whole "thug" thing is, to me, part of the degenerate mentality being forced on society at large, and you can turn on any urban radio station and see why young black kids think the only way to be successful is to play in the NBA or make rap albums and start up a clothing line. Where in pop culture or the entertainment industry is any emphasis put on the value of education? Smart people, in pop culture and entertainment, are "nerds", and we are taught through movies and television shows that being a "nerd" is to be avoided at all costs. That's why I liked "The Cosby Show"... they don't make them like that anymore though, in favor of shows like "The Parkers", and other stereotypical fare. But then, summer after summer, you can market basketball movies (Above The Rim, Sunset Park, Love and Basketball) and be sure black folks will come out in droves to see them, which isn't the case with films that encourage us to think about problems in our community, or to think much at all. So why would anybody bother doing anything different, seeing as how the current formula works so very, very well? That's all I've got...

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
04-30-2007, 02:52 AM
In all fairness when was the last time you saw a thug?

I saw this kid trying to pose as a thug/pimp last night until the cops pulled over and got out and asked him questions then he punked out like a little bitch and kept it movin...................

Thugs stopped existing when the witness protection program became eligible for snitches in the hood, IMO.

Sorry if I hijacked the thread bruh, I just felt that needed to be said. I couldn't agree with you more on the stereotypical bullshit. This whole "women love and must have the badboy" garbage is the greatest known lie to mankind..................

Oops, maybe not I'm forgetting the Bush Jr. administration

TomSelis
04-30-2007, 02:57 AM
In all fairness when was the last time you saw a thug?

I saw this kid trying to pose as a thug/pimp last night until the cops pulled over and got out and asked him questions then he punked out like a little bitch and kept it movin...................

Thugs stopped existing when the witness protection program became eligible for snitches in the hood, IMO.

Sorry if I hijacked the thread bruh, I just felt that needed to be said. I couldn't agree with you more on the stereotypical bullshit. This whole "women love and must have the badboy" garbage is the greatest known lie to mankind..................

Oops, maybe not I'm forgetting the Bush Jr. administration

C/S

TomSelis
04-30-2007, 04:13 AM
That picture is hilarious!!!!!