PDA

View Full Version : The Secret

xxMelania4uxx
04-29-2007, 10:10 PM
Hi Guys-
While i was in philly i was w/ a very good friend of mines and she recieved a phone call from another TS which was in England and she was telling us about this Book called The Secret, Now im not a book reader never been in my adult life i have only read 1 book completely which is The Champagne Slipper by Joann G Layne. I read that book because its about Tgirls in NYC doing regular Tgirl things and was based on real people which i have meet. the book also tell u about silicone injections and also how to take care of your new silicone body, but she spoke about this book like it was everything, told us it changed her life and hows shes happy now and etc etc... she talk so highly about this book i just had 2 get it. In philly i bought the book looked at it and said to myself "Self why the hell u waste your money!" lol But it was Sooo Boring in VA that i picked up the book and couldnt stop reading it. The Secret is Awesome book, and i say that b/c i lose intrest fast no matter what it is, at 1 point in time i thought i had adult A.D.D( when i tell my mom that she just tells me i smoke 2 much weed.) But not w/ this book. I Havent finished reading it bu i just had 2 share it w/ u guys and girls. Since reading this book i have changed: My Living Situation, My friends and also i have stopped smoking weed (On a Regular Basis).
I really dont wanna post 2 much until i finish the book but i had wanted 2 know if any1 else read it? Has any1 heard of it? it was spoke about on oprah. Shes done a 2day show on it. i would really like imput. i also just oredered the DVD and Audio tapes. I bought books for my closest dearest friends and all.

so any1?

TomSelis
04-29-2007, 10:34 PM
Well, it's like this: I believe in the law of attraction, karma and other similar beliefs. At the same time though, I believe you have to MAKE things happen and not just think about them. Just thinking about them can lead to disappointment and put you back in the same rut.

It's a new spin on a very old way of thinking. I'm glad you found that train of thought though.

This could turn into an interesting discussion.

vanished
04-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Well, it's like this: I believe in the law of attraction, karma and other similar beliefs. At the same time though, I believe you have to MAKE things happen and not just think about them. Just thinking about them can lead to disappointment and put you back in the same rut.

It's a new spin on a very old way of thinking. I'm glad you found that train of thought though.

Just so I'm clear - this is about inner revolution? Because I'm going through one right now for the better that may stick....for me, physical fitness is a huge key. Treat your body like your lover and you'll love your body and your mind will follow or something like that!

Melanie, you are so cute! lol Thought I'd throw that in there, mami

TomSelis
04-29-2007, 11:07 PM
Just so I'm clear - this is about inner revolution? Because I'm going through one right now for the better that may stick....for me, physical fitness is a huge key. Treat your body like your lover and you'll love your body and your mind will follow or something like that!

No, it's more about, "Think good thoughts and good things will come to you, think negative thoughts and negative things will happen to you." But what you're saying is along those lines.

I'm paraphrasing, but that's basically it in a nutshell. It was discussed about a couple of months ago in the news. A lot of debunkers and critics. I don't think its a bad way of thinking at all.

xxMelania4uxx
04-29-2007, 11:21 PM
Your right TOM!!! I wasnt going 2 comment so soon but being that so many people viewed this Post and only 2 others replied i figured i should. i had posted this topic and kept reading. Actually this stuff we learn as Children but for me it didnt stick with me, and honeslty i find this book very imformative and tells u think Positive and Positive things will happen.
Im really gladi was told about this book and ill tell u why i was mistaking negativity with fun and living my life and actually iwas being brought down. Being in situations i shouldnt of been in and people i have no right 2 be with.

peggygee
04-29-2007, 11:45 PM

Not to be crude;

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/Funkadelic-Maggot_Brain-BC.jpg

But it sounds like you are on the right path http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/thumbsup.gif http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/thepyramid1.gif

TomSelis
04-29-2007, 11:55 PM
Your right TOM!!! I wasnt going 2 comment so soon but being that so many people viewed this Post and only 2 others replied i figured i should. i had posted this topic and kept reading. Actually this stuff we learn as Children but for me it didnt stick with me, and honeslty i find this book very imformative and tells u think Positive and Positive things will happen.
Im really gladi was told about this book and ill tell u why i was mistaking negativity with fun and living my life and actually iwas being brought down. Being in situations i shouldnt of been in and people i have no right 2 be with.

Exactly, Melania. It's one of those things people like to say is "common sense" but very few people practice. Just like don't buy shit on credit, don't drink and drive, etc.

I was hoping for more discussion on it too, but well....ya know.

I hope good things happen for you though now that you've discovered that book. :wink:

hwbs
04-29-2007, 11:57 PM
thanks for sharing Melania...sounds like an interesting read ...it was nice chatting with y'all last night :lol:

xxMelania4uxx
04-30-2007, 04:08 AM
Yea i know Tom, well maybe i threw some Cock Pictures they guys will go crazy... lol

hey pickles... it was cool & fun chatting lastnite wasnt it....

whatsupwithat
04-30-2007, 04:20 AM

Exactly, Melania. It's one of those things people like to say is "common sense" but very few people practice. Just like don't buy shit on credit, don't drink and drive, etc.

I was hoping for more discussion on it too, but well....ya know.

I hope good things happen for you though now that you've discovered that book. :wink:

Actually, the only trouble I have with the book/movie/media empire is calling it "The Secret" and making a fortune off of common sense...treat others as you would like to be treated and all of that.

Yeah, I'm a bit cynical when it comes to people claiming wisdom as their own and writing it in a book, but I will say that I think it's great that some people are getting benefits from it...like you, Melania. And I echo Tom's comments and happiness that good things are happening for you...change is always good. :)

TJ347
04-30-2007, 04:26 AM

Since I haven't read the book, I can't really speak too much on the things it covers. However, I've read what Melania's had to say, and see how she's related things she learned from the book to changes she's made in her life. I've always believed that we all come to recognize at some point or other when what we're doing is a waste of time and energy, but that left to our own devices will even so continue what we're doing until we reach a level of maturity where we're willing to change. If this book has helped anybody to realize the time and energy they've been wasting, that's great. However, unless they're mature enough to commit to making positive changes in their lives, any and all changes made will only be temporary. That's all I've got. Sadly, I only took two semesters of psychology. Oh, and Melania, you're HOT! Just had to say that.

whatsupwithat
04-30-2007, 04:29 AM

Since I haven't read the book, I can't really speak too much on the things it covers. However, I've read what Melania's had to say, and see how she's related things she learned from the book to changes she's made in her life. I've always believed that we all come to recognize at some point or other when what we're doing is a waste of time and energy, but that left to our own devices will even so continue what we're doing until we reach a level of maturity where we're willing to change. If this book has helped anybody to realize the time and energy they've been wasting, that's great. However, unless they're mature enough to commit to making positive changes in their lives, any and all changes made will only be temporary. That's all I've got. Sadly, I only took two semesters of psychology. Oh, and Melania, you're HOT! Just had to say that.

i wouldn't so much about the psychology of it. In reality, it's more about the spirituality.

TJ347
04-30-2007, 04:40 AM
Again, I haven't read the book, and further, I'm not sure if you're referring to the book being more about spirituality than psychology, or referring to the underlying elements of the comments you made previously. What I will say is that, with regard to what I said before, it's about psychology. I do believe in spirituality, but think that where spirituality is concerned, all other sciences have no validity. Thus, if I read a book, and the subject matter causes me to reevaluate my life, then IMHO, the book has triggered something in my mind (since I have to think to evaluate anything at all), which can ultimately bring about a change, or not. Now, I know some would say the book triggered something on a spiritual level, and I can't and wouldn't argue that it couldn't, but you'd have a harder time proving that than you would that a person's state of mind was changed, thus I'm going with psychology here. I must stop here however, as we are at the limits of my understanding...

whatsupwithat
04-30-2007, 04:51 AM
Again, I haven't read the book, and further, I'm not sure if you're referring to the book being more about spirituality than psychology, or referring to the underlying elements of the comments you made previously. What I will say is that, with regard to what I said before, it's about psychology. I do believe in spirituality, but think that where spirituality is concerned, all other sciences have no validity. Thus, if I read a book, and the subject matter causes me to reevaluate my life, then IMHO, the book has triggered something in my mind (since I have to think to evaluate anything at all), which can ultimately bring about a change, or not. Now, I know some would say the book triggered something on a spiritual level, and I can't and wouldn't argue that it couldn't, but you'd have a harder time proving that than you would that a person's state of mind was changed, thus I'm going with psychology here. I must stop here however, as we are at the limits of my understanding...

I know this isn't going to make any sense, but it was only when I stopped thinking that positive change came about. A good place to start for that is meditation. Much peace. :)

TJ347
04-30-2007, 05:07 AM
I know this isn't going to make any sense, but it was only when I stopped thinking that positive change came about. A good place to start for that is meditation. Much peace. :)

I wish meditation worked for me, but I can't clear my mind... I'm always thinking about something. That said, I've thought about what you said, and am reminded that someone once said change "doesn't just happen". If you sit still for a moment, you might see things you didn't see before, like opportunities for changes to be made. However, how many positive changes in your life have happened without you needing to do something yourself? I would have never gotten a job by sitting at home, praying for one. I had to pray for one, and go out there like it all depended on me, though I know it didn't. That's where I dislike some of the spirituality talk out there today. I don't like the concept of God as some pinata which spills blessings on us if we pray fervently enough. Too many people pray for things without doing anything on their part to achieve those things, and are thought of for some reason as pious and humble, instead of as a bunch of lazy idiots. Such is our world, though. But I've gotten off topic. What was it again?

xxMelania4uxx
04-30-2007, 07:40 AM
you guys are some what correct... Im not sitting here saying "O the book changed my life and lalalala...." No what I'm saying in reading The Secret I have realized that i control MY fate and I bring Negative thing in2 MY life, it also says meditation is good and she reccomends you do it. I like this book. and i reccomend it 2 every1.

Kabuki
04-30-2007, 08:00 AM
you guys are some what correct... Im not sitting here saying "O the book changed my life and lalalala...." No what I'm saying in reading The Secret I have realized that i control MY fate and I bring Negative thing in2 MY life, it also says meditation is good and she reccomends you do it. I like this book. and i reccomend it 2 every1.

The book collects a lot of philosophy from many areas. Studying Buddhist principles, I've learned that negative thoughts attract negativity to one's life. Happiness can't be obtained unless your happy with yourself. I would definitely suggest that you should read Why Worry? by K Sri Dhammananda. It's usually a free book, but you can find copies on www.amazon.com for less than a dollar. You don't have to be a Buddhist to read this book. The principles are universal.

By the way, what part of VA were you hanging out at? I'm actually from VA, and I know it can be boring compared to NY. That's why I spent some time in Miami.

xxMelania4uxx
04-30-2007, 08:06 AM
Ill look in2 that Book, I had visited Richmond & Norfolk.... now im in Orlando....

whatsupwithat
04-30-2007, 08:26 AM
Ill look in2 that Book, I had visited Richmond & Norfolk.... now im in Orlando....

There's another book similar to the one mentioned (Why Worry?) that's simple to read and has some very basic guides to it.

It's also a Buddhist book (can be applied across all faiths/philosophies) and it's called "When Things Fall Apart" by Pema Chodron. The name is awful, but the premise is that many of us must reach some sort of bottom or bad place, that we must feel there is no other place to turn in order for us to fully grow, to accept change...and live life fully.

whatsupwithat
04-30-2007, 08:29 AM

Oh, Melania, I wasn't saying anything bad at all. Not in the least. I'm really happy you've found this book and that it's working for you, that it's touching you.

Don't listen to me, I read far too much for my own good! :)

Kabuki
04-30-2007, 08:32 AM

You were in my neck of the woods in VA. I'm back in that area around Norfolk, and Va. Beach. I just took a trip to Richmond last week. I hope VA didn't treat you too badly.

I'm definitely recommending that book. You may be able to get it for free from any Buddhist organizations. I should have mentioned that as well. When life just seems to annoy me, I read that book. I keep one copy in my car, and one copy at home.

whatsupwithat
04-30-2007, 08:36 AM
[quote=xxMelania4uxx]I'm definitely recommending that book. You may be able to get it for free from any Buddhist organizations. I should have mentioned that as well. When life just seems to annoy me, I read that book. I keep one in copy in my car, and one copy at home.

Ha! do the same thing with the book I mentioned! I actually keep a bunch and even give them to friends that are going through hard times. I think I've single-handedly paid for the author's vacations.

yodajazz
04-30-2007, 10:34 AM

Melania, you are on the right track and I am proud of you. I have seen here, on this forum, that a lot of negativity can some from some beautiful looking women. And I also remember that from years ago, when I used to hang out.

I remember the specific moment, when I decided that I wanted to marry the woman who has been my wife for twenty years. At that moment, I realized that she was a good person, who delighted in good things. I pictured us in a stable happy life together. At the time I was also seeing an actress, who had a life full of drama, and a lot more negativity.
The woman I married was also able to see good in me, whereas a lot of tgirls would probably place me in some negative category. You know the names y’all have for men.

One thing I want to say about other posts in this thread is the working on the mind is just the preparation for action, not a substitute. If your mind is prepared before job interview, you will have confidence, you will be upbeat, and it will be easier to talk about your qualities, for example. But also with a positive mind, in that case, you would be talking to more people. Those people in turn, would think of you, and bring opportunities to you.

"The Secret" is very close to a religious philosophy I have practiced for many years.

mikejones
04-30-2007, 02:54 PM
Great thread. Thanks for sharing your experience Melania. I can tell that your comments are genuine and sincere. Even though I don't know you it feels good to hear about a happy moment in your life.

Interesting comments from all here. I wish I had more wisdom to share on this subject. At this point though I am more interested than experienced. Thanks.

yodajazz
05-01-2007, 05:43 PM

I wish meditation worked for me, but I can't clear my mind... I'm always thinking about something.

Here are some techniques I have learned in order to focus in meditation

1. Have a positive thought to focus on, something involving good or God. Keep repeating it until a lot of your other thoughts go away. An example would be to say something like, "I know that there are good things in the universe waiting for me".

2. Gradually stop repeating until you have a ‘clear’ mind to listen to deeper things inside you.

3. These thoughts are often covered up by daily noise and mundane activities. Needless to say, you will need a quiet place to do this.

4. You will get other thoughts also like “I must do my laundry soon.” Do not resist the thought or your energy will go into the resistance. Simple let the thought float by. It will go away. If it is important, it will come back to you when you finish your meditation. Even if a lot of thoughts come up like that you can simply say, "I will focus on these when I am done", and let them go. If necessary refocus on your positive saying.

5. The goal is to clear your mind, in order to listen to listen to your deepest thoughts. If we do not do this, sometimes years will go by and we’ll suddenly realize, that we had always wanted to go back to school and study a particular subject or important things like that. I know this from experience.

6. When those deep desires, or answers surface, you will just know. It’s a feeling I can’t describe other than that. Several ‘important’ things could come up. Write them down when you are finished meditating. Some people say that 15-20 minutes is a good length of time to do it. Buddhist monks can do it for hours, but most of us don’t have that much time. Meditation is a central principle of Buddhism, but anyone could benefit from. I consider myself to be Christian. Christ had his time alone, when communed with God the father.

Do those things that come up during meditation and you will find a true happiness. I am doing some things that I should have done years ago, but I am now happy to be doing something about it.