PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Horror Movie Of All Time

Legend
04-29-2007, 06:44 AM
I know one can have several favorites in that genre but which one in the genre would you consider the the greatest horror movie of all time,this is the only genre that has so many titles but a few are actually good,let me start by naming some notable mentions of mine and then my favorite of all time

notable mentions
1.The Birds(hitchcock)
2.Texas Chainsaw Massacre(1974 version not the crappy remake)
3.The Shining(nicholson)
4.The Hand That Rocks the Cradle

but without a doubt the best horror movie of all time in my opinion is halloween,its plot is what makes it so scary and believeable kid snaps and kills his family on the day of halloween,15 years later returns wearing a mask and starts killing again and no one seems able to kill this guy indestructible killer,this movie spawned 6 sequels that weren't up to the original par but none the less that continue the story of micheal myers aka mr.indestructible
http://i19.tinypic.com/42mi3iu.jpg

Please beware that rob zombie is set to direct a remake of halloween,all i have to say is this is gonna be another butchered remake.

gimmeurblood
04-29-2007, 06:46 AM
...of the ... Dead, take your pic

wombat33
04-29-2007, 06:52 AM
I know one can have several favorites in that genre but which one in the genre would you consider the the greatest horror movie of all time,this is the only genre that has so many titles but a few are actually good,let me start by naming some notable mentions of mine and then my favorite of all time

notable mentions
1.The Birds(hitchcock)
3.The Shining(nicholson)

but without a doubt the best horror movie of all time in my opinion is halloween,its plot is what makes it so scary and believeable kid snaps and kills his family on the day of halloween,15 years later returns wearing a mask and starts killing again and no one seems able to kill this guy indestructible killer,this movie spawned 6 sequels that weren't up to the original par but none the less that continue the story of micheal myers aka mr.indestructible

Please beware that rob zombie is set to direct a remake of halloween,all i have to say is this is gonna be another butchered remake.

I don't like horrow so much, but Halloween and Excorcist scared the shit out of me.

I like suspense.........if that counts I like Mosery and the Birds.

borhino
04-29-2007, 06:53 AM
The Exorcist - Saw it as a kid and still can't watch it all the way through.

Halloween is a good choice.

Though it isn't super scary...I love From Dusk Til Dawn

Oli
04-29-2007, 07:09 AM
don't watch alot of horror flicks, but '28 Days Later' freaked me out.

Rockford
04-29-2007, 07:18 AM
Halloween is a great flick & ranks top 5 all time horror for me. My personal fave is John Carpenter's, The Fog.

DJ_Asia
04-29-2007, 07:51 AM
...of the ... Dead, take your pic

10-4 on that...I like the "Dawns" the best

other great horror flicks

Zombi
Halloween
The Fog
The Thing
The Ring
The Shining
Evil Dead

and prolly a ton more im spacing on

zerrrr
04-29-2007, 08:57 AM
The Exorcist - not just a great horror movie but one of the greatest movies made of all time. The detail in the shots is amazing.

Evil Dead - Bruce Campbell

Halloween

The Shining

TJT
04-29-2007, 09:03 AM
"Videodrome",w/ a stunning Debbie Harry and a young James Woods would be my favorite.

Felicia Katt
04-29-2007, 09:46 AM
its not my favorite, but its still the scariest movie I ever saw.

the original Night of the Living Dead

Black and white. no name cast, no budget and it still gives me nightmares

FK

SkyTwo
04-29-2007, 11:00 AM
Now this is a topic. And I have to say right off the bat I feel sorry for most of the folks who've posted so far-- in the sense that their taste in horror probably reflects their admiration for bands like Rush. But that's another thread. You can take your chainsaw massacres and so forth and drop dead-- here are some fright-fests for the three-digit IQ set....

Suspiria
The Others (02)
Burn, Witch, Burn
Angel Heart
Cat People (the original)

...and oh, so many more. Actually, not all that many more. That's the sad thing about horror movies.

Legend
04-29-2007, 11:06 AM

FK

I forgot all about that one i think that was the one that had an african american in the main cast for the first time,that one set the bar up for zombie movies.

SkyTwo
04-29-2007, 11:15 AM

FK

I forgot all about that one i think that was the one that had an african american in the main cast for the first time,that one set the bar up for zombie movies.

Ya know, that movie did teach us the very important lesson that that was the one that had an african american in the main cast for the first time

Jericho
04-29-2007, 01:52 PM
You've got to love the Exorcist, though it loses points for spawning some truly execrable sequels!

The final scene of "Don't Look Now", with the midget in the red plastic mac always scared the crap out of me when i was kid, and i'm not keen on watching "Event Horizon" on my own, in the dark! ;-)

And while the movie itself didn't do much for me, the *thought* of "Hostel" always sends a shiver down my spine.

Along similar lines, "Calvaire" - A kind of European 'Deliverance' has it's moments (always knew there was 'something "odd" about Belgians!)

But for me, the greatest/best horror film ever made is "The Legend of Hell House". Low budget, few effects, but perfect.

Drug addiction, alcoholism, sadism, bestiality, mutilation, murder, vampirism, necrophilia, cannibalism, not to mention a gamut of sexual goodies. Shall I go on?

stillies77
04-29-2007, 03:03 PM
Lost Boys
Dawn of the Dead (both versions)
Amityville Horror (remake was actualy awesome)
Identity
Saw
Planet Terror

ausbeachstyle
04-29-2007, 04:41 PM
Wow you just watch white horror movies how sad.

Everyone knows that the Japanese make the scariest horrors. Their directors make the most twisted stuff that leave you screaming from fright.

Not saying that white horror movies are bad in general, but compared to japanese horrors, oh yes, they suck bad.

Proper
04-29-2007, 05:19 PM
Event Horizon

Miller: Oh. My. God. What happened to your eyes?

Dr. Weir: Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.

Miller: What are you talking about?

Dr. Weir: I created the Event Horizon to reach the stars, but she's gone much, much farther than that. She tore a hole in our universe, a gateway to another dimension. A dimension of pure chaos. Pure... evil. When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was alive! Look at her, Miller. Isn't she beautiful?

Miller: Your "beautiful" ship killed its crew, Doctor.

Dr. Weir: Well... now she has another crew. Now she has us.

Awesome Movie and Story!

TheOne1
04-29-2007, 05:31 PM
anybody remember nightbreed?

ausbeachstyle
04-29-2007, 05:31 PM
Wow you just watch white horror movies how sad.

Everyone knows that the Japanese make the scariest horrors. Their directors make the most twisted stuff that leave you screaming from fright.

Not saying that white horror movies are bad in general, but compared to japanese horrors, oh yes, they suck bad.

I liked "Audition" but it wasn't my all time favorite.

i meant like the original ring/grudge etc

gimmeurblood
04-29-2007, 05:50 PM
i totally forgot to add the Evil Dead triliogy, and its not exactly a movie but the first Resident Evil scared the poo outta me my first time through

hondarobot
04-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Lots of good Horror Movies already posted. I can't think of a movie that actually scared me all that much, but not long ago I was watching TV late at night and a commercial came on for "The Exorcism Of Emily Rose". That damn preview freaked me out so bad, every time that thing came on after that I had to turn the channel. The part when she's walking down the street, and the normal looking couple walks towards her, and then their faces kinda melt and go all demonical on her.

Fuck that. I never want to see that again.

Even worse, we have a Movie Day every wednesday in our Happy Hour bar at work. Awhile ago the bartender said he was going to play that movie next. I asked him why:

Me: "Why the hell would you play that freaky thing?"

Bartender: "Oh, it's very good, unbelievably disturbing. I still wake up from nightmares in the middle of the night and have to smoke a cigarette just to calm down."

Me: "So you're gonna show it to a bunch of mentally unstable Happy Hour drunks?"

Bartender: "Well, I don't want to be the only person up alone at that hour of the night."

Nice guy.

Still, all time greatest "horror movie" would be, in my opinion: "Henry, Portrait Of A Serial Killer". There are at least two scenes that are very hard to watch, the whole thing just feels dirty and creepy. Very well made low budget flick.

TomSelis
04-29-2007, 06:44 PM
My top 5 horror movies:

5) Aliens (Horror + Action= teh win!!!)

4) Hellraiser 1 & 2 (Clive Barker's a twisted bastard)

3) Dawn of the Dead- Remake (you knew they were screwed after the first 15 minutes)

2) Invasion of the Body Snatchers- Remake (again...you knew they were screwed early on....that dog with the man's head STILL freaks me out)

1) The Exorcist (nuff said)

Honorable mention: Rosemary's Baby because the first time I saw it...I didn't know what I was watching until halfway through.

Jericho
04-29-2007, 07:18 PM
anybody remember nightbreed?
I always expected a sequel to that.
Loved it when 'mist lady' slid under the door [but that could be a 'tits' thing ;-)]

I meant like the original ring/grudge etc
Granted, better than the remake, but....*too* Japanese for western audiences?
Visitor Q was an ok crime/horror/comedy

Still, all time greatest "horror movie" would be, in my opinion: "Henry, Portrait Of A Serial Killer". There are at least two scenes that are very hard to watch, the whole thing just feels dirty and creepy. Very well made low budget flick.
Great film, if you can find an uncut copy,
It's usually butchered

(Clive Barker's a twisted bastard)
Didn't he write Nightbreed as well?

Hannibal Lecter
04-29-2007, 08:43 PM
Up Close And Virtual With Vicki Richter ...................

electron
04-29-2007, 08:46 PM
Oh! Someone has cited Calvaire, grrrrrrr! I hate this movie :lol:

I'm not a big fan of horror movies, but strangely I'm watching nearly all the horror flicks released in theaters.

Those I prefer are not necessary the scariest ones, but those with a good and original story, the best directing or those that leaves me with the most emotional feeling at the end.

Some of my top favorites are:
-28 Days later
-Dawn of the dead (Zach Snyder's remake)
-Dog Soldiers
-Saw

But if there's only one, it will be Ils. A French movie of 77 minutes, no monsters, no blood fest, nearly no strident music (just a strange sound, explained at the end), but a great movie for me.

I'm also found of Spanish movies. I find that they have most of the time a good story, and could be the scariest and darkest movies in my opinion. I love for example Los Sin Nombre (The Nameless) and El Segundo Nombre (Second Name).

arc angel
04-29-2007, 08:51 PM
any thing Rob zombie works on. House of a 1000 corps is a great film ! his Halloween is almost done. this guy knows horror movies! ROB ZOMBIE !!! he is the next great horror film master.

Thor57
04-29-2007, 10:18 PM
The exorcist!!!! Hands down....

2. Halloween
3.Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original)
4. Psycho

phxguy
04-29-2007, 10:42 PM
I generally like Asian and Italian horror films.

My favorite Italian horror film is "Suspiria".

My two favorite Japanese horror films are "Ringu" and "Ju-On".

hondarobot
04-29-2007, 10:45 PM
My top 5 horror movies:

3) Dawn of the Dead- Remake (you knew they were screwed after the first 15 minutes)

2) Invasion of the Body Snatchers- Remake (again...you knew they were screwed early on....that dog with the man's head STILL freaks me out)

Honorable mention: Rosemary's Baby because the first time I saw it...I didn't know what I was watching until halfway through.

Heh. I forgot about that scene from Body Snatchers. Definately one of those "what the fuck?" moments. Like the head growing legs and scurrying away in "The Thing" remake.

And now for a not so subtle message to a certain poster in this thread:

Two movies I never want to see again are "Silence Of The Lambs" and "Superman". They bore and irritate me. They have for quite some time.

You're not fooling anyone, Clark Kent. Go find another hobby.

Linda
04-29-2007, 11:46 PM
I love horror movies
1. Halloween all of them even the third even if it was off subject. I have the DVD with all the added TV footage a complete version of the first and it is great.
2. Friday the 13th 1-4 after the fourth they got a little off the ball
3. Evil Dead all of them
4. The Thing - John Carpenter
5. Christine- John Carpenter
6. Derranged
7. Sleepaway camp
8. Scream
9. The Devils Rejects
10. Pet Cemetary - this really messed with me the first time i saw it.

Linda
04-29-2007, 11:47 PM
Return of the living dead all the zombie pics. I have so many favorites but Halloween is my all time favorite.

DonPA
04-30-2007, 12:05 AM
I love horror. My favorite genre are zombie movies. I love Night of the Living Dead (original and remake), Dawn of the Dead (original and remake), Day of the Dead, Land of the Dead, hell even Resident Evil had some good zombie action. I love the torture movies like the 3 Saw movies and Hostel. Turistas was a let down. I also love the original Nightmare on Elm Street, Texas Chainsaw Massacre and some of it's sequels. I also liked the remakes. I love most of the Friday the 13ths. Halloween H20 is my favorite Halloween movie. Can't go wrong with Hellraiser 1 & 2 and Nightbreed was always a fav of mine.
The Exorcist to this day still scares the shit out of me.

scorpion
04-30-2007, 12:12 AM
The ring is absolutly the best.

Legend
04-30-2007, 02:29 AM
10. Pet Cemetary - this really messed with me the first time i saw it.

That's a good one the thought of wanting to bring back a loved one would interest anyone but you might have to deal with certain consequences good concept good horror movie.

Coroner
04-30-2007, 04:52 AM
It´s not really Horror but what about Angel Heart?..... or Cannibal Holcaust.....?

STEVEJOHNSON
05-05-2007, 10:47 AM
A oldie but a goodie... The Omen with Gregory Peck! Also, an obscure flix starring Martin Sheen called "The Believers" Great movie which always gets bad reviews.

SkyTwo
05-05-2007, 06:05 PM
It´s not really Horror but what about Angel Heart?..... or Cannibal Holcaust.....?

Angel Heart good. Cannibal movies bad.

LTR_Seeker
05-05-2007, 06:17 PM
The Shining to me nicholson str is the best horror

LG
05-05-2007, 07:11 PM
I'm not really a big horror fan- I like scary comedies like "Shawn of the Dead". I thought "Eight legged freaks" was great fun.

In recent years, I have to admit I thought "Saw" was very spooky and a real mindfuck as well. "The Blair Witch Project" was okay when it came out but it doesn't stand well on repeated viewing. I thought "Ginger Snaps" was good. I also found the original Japanese version of "The Ring" to be quite scary.

"Jaws" and "Alien" I never found very scary but they were very good films. Most of the other good horror films have already been mentioned.

I saw one once that had a transexual killer. Pretty bad film actually, and there was no reason to make the villain a transexual. And then there was a horrible thriller with a gay crossdressing killer. No idea why I watched that one. There's a lot of crap horror and suspense films about.

http://www.dailyinfo.co.uk/images/cinema/ginger-snaps.jpg

MonsieurValentine
05-05-2007, 07:14 PM
the first post says it all... halloween, indeed.

oldto77
05-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Nothing new:
1. The Exorcist
2. Rosemary's baby
3. The Shining
4. Nosferatu

MrsKellyPierce
05-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Any Jason movie

Balcanoid
05-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Can`t remember the title, it`s been a while I wacht it, but it was about
I man possessed by a evil ghost, most of a drama going on in some shed in a woods (detached hand attack a owner and so...chainsaw attached at a hand place....massacre all around etc.) and at the and somehow main character end up in a past falling through a vortex generated to suck that evil ghost from a real world...
I`VE GOT IT !!
The Book Of The Dead!

I`m so smart <running around> I`m so smart....

tsntx
05-05-2007, 09:57 PM
the dustin diamond sex tape

Legend
05-05-2007, 09:58 PM
Any Jason movie

Seen jason-X lately!

Mustard_Plug
05-05-2007, 11:37 PM
Have you seen Halloween Resurrection or really any Halloween sequels?

LG
05-05-2007, 11:53 PM
Have you seen Halloween Resurrection or really any Halloween sequels?

As a general rule, I avoid sequels. Most are inferior rehashes of the original (jonourable exceptions include The Godfather Part 2, Aliens, T2: Judgement Day, although in all 3 cases the third part was rubbish).

But why is Stallone still making Rocky pictures? And who thought that sequels to crap films like Final Destination could ever be any less crap than the original.

Sometimes, when the films aren't sequels but more or less independent movies (eg. Indiana Jones) or parts of a trilogy or duology (Star Wars IV-VI), Kill Bill) the films can be good. But then again, the second and third Matrix films sucked ass.

daniellefoxxfann
05-06-2007, 12:40 AM
Saw 1 8)

tskisser
05-06-2007, 06:52 AM
Basket Case

peggygee
05-06-2007, 08:20 AM
It was a cold, wet miserable, gray, day. My best friend and I had stood in
line for hours, in the chilly New York weather.

We finally got into the theatre.

It was cold and damp as well.

And was eerrily quiet, as if something ominous was about to occur.

And indeed something was about to transpire.

THE EXORCIST :evil:

Legend
10-22-2007, 10:14 AM
It was a cold, wet miserable, gray, day. My best friend and I had stood in
line for hours, in the chilly New York weather.

We finally got into the theatre.

It was cold and damp as well.

And was eerrily quiet, as if something ominous was about to occur.

And indeed something was about to transpire.

THE EXORCIST :evil:

One scary element about the excorcist was the supposed curse were several people from the crew died and fires broke out.The movie was scary itself but the supposed curse adds another level of scariness to the film.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
10-22-2007, 10:20 AM

notable mentions
1.The Birds(hitchcock)
3.The Shining(nicholson)

I like 'em all. But I must add that "Omen" the series was pretty scary when I was a kid when I saw it. LOL

Also: The Howling, Vampire (The Christopher Lee black and white movies), Night of the Living Dead and more..

Those movies still gives me chills to this day. :evil:

~Kisses.

HTG

Legend
10-22-2007, 10:59 AM

notable mentions
1.The Birds(hitchcock)
3.The Shining(nicholson)

I like 'em all. But I must add that "Omen" the series was pretty scary when I was a kid when I saw it. LOL

Also: The Howling, Vampire (The Christopher Lee black and white movies), Night of the Living Dead and more..

Those movies still gives me chills to this day. :evil:

~Kisses.

HTG

Those are some good scary choices,as i horror movie buff how the hell could i have missed night of the living dead one of the first classic horror movies ever.Speaking of the omen they tried a remake with julia stilles and it failed thats just another example why hollywood shouldn't be touching orginals.

BXCanada
10-22-2007, 11:06 AM
i love horror movies i have a shit load of them on DVD and VHS hard to choose a favourite but i gues it would be Night of the Living Dead or The Grudge

jefferson1776
10-22-2007, 11:48 AM
I hate most horror movies...

but I loved the first two Romero Movies...Night of the living dead and Dawn of the Dead...

The most original movie i had seen in years was the original SAW...the sequels were crap compared to the original....I also like the evil dead series.

goldtop
10-22-2007, 01:10 PM
The Last Broadcast

Legend
10-22-2007, 01:44 PM
I hate most horror movies...

but I loved the first two Romero Movies...Night of the living dead and Dawn of the Dead...

The most original movie i had seen in years was the original SAW...the sequels were crap compared to the original....I also like the evil dead series.

So what are they up to saw 18 now,seriously they should have stopped with the first one?

wombat33
10-22-2007, 01:54 PM
THE ORIGINAL HALLOWEEN

jefferson1776
10-22-2007, 02:18 PM
they are milking the SAW francise, i think the 4th one came out this past week, needless to say I wont be seeing it....SAW II was the worse of the sequels though, it was like a really bad reality TV show.....but I agree they shouldve stopped with the first one, it was pure genius...I only have the first one, I used to have the 3rd one, but i gave it away since it was a poor movie.

Night Rider
10-22-2007, 03:27 PM
The Omen is my favourate bc I sort of believe in Satan and Hell, but just not in the way most people percieve it. There was so much scary shit happened while making that movie, that u know it was Satan not wanting to get exposed to millions of people.

There were plain crashes and 2 of them got hit by lightening! Also the supposedly dosile trained animals on set went nuts and killed a crew member. Also the directors son commited suicide and everyone who worked on that movie was experiencing paranormal events.

That's why it's my fav movie, bc it's true but so many people refuse to believe it!!! Scary stuff :twisted:

squire
10-22-2007, 03:32 PM
Yeah, I remember reading about one of the people who worked on the Omen, had a car crash at a sign or something that said 'This is the way to Route 666' or something similar. Can't remember exactly what happened, but he nearly got his head chopped off in the crash.

Wombat
10-22-2007, 03:34 PM
John Carpenter's 'The Thing'

The Shining

The Others (more suspence than horror I suppose)

The Omen

Exorist

Saw

Night Rider
10-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Yeah, I remember reading about one of the people who worked on the Omen, had a car crash at a sign or something that said 'This is the way to Route 666' or something similar. Can't remember exactly what happened, but he nearly got his head chopped off in the crash.

Yea, i forgot about that. It was a few years ago i watched a programme on it, but there was definately other stuff i forgot and left out!

mbf
10-22-2007, 08:58 PM
My film list:

Alien - 20th Cent Fox - 1979
An American Werewolf in London - universal - 1981
Basket Case - 1982
Birds - universal - 1963
The Black Cat - universal - 1934
Blind Dead - 1972
The Blob - paramount - 1958
Blood Feast - 1963
The Brood - 1979
The Bride of Frankenstein - universal - 1934
Carnival of Souls - 1962
Carrie - united artists - 1976
Cat People - universal - 1982
Creature from the Black Lagoon - universal - 1954
The Curse of Frankenstein - hammer - 1957
Dawn of the Dead - 1979
Demon Seed - mgm - 1977
Dracula - universal - 1931
Driller Killer - 1979
Duel - 1971
Eraserhead - 1977
The Exorcist - warner - 1973
The Fly - 20th Cent Fox - 1958
The Fog - 1980
Frankenstein - universal - 1931
Freaks - mgm - 1932
Helloween - 1978
The Haunting - mgm - 1963
Horror of Dracula - hammer - 1958
The Hound of Baskerville - hammer - 1959
House of Wax - warner - 1953
The Howling - 1981
Invasion of the Body Snatchers - 1956
It’s Alive - warner - 1974
Last House on the Left - 1972
Maniac - 1980
Ms. 45 - 1981
The Mummy - universal - 1932
Night of the Living Death - 1968
Peeping Tom - 1960
Phase IV - paramount - 1974
Psycho - paramount - 1960
Rabid - 1977
Rasputin, the Mad Monk - hammer - 1966
Repulsion - 1965
Rosemary`s Baby - paramount - 1968
Scanners - 1981
The Shining - warner - 1980
Tarantula - universal - 1955
Texas Chainsaw Massacre - 1974
Them! - Warner - 1954
The Thing - universal - 1982
Village of the Damned - mgm - 1960
Westworld - mgm - 1973
The Wolfman - universal - 1941
Zombie - 1980

the newer ones:

dawn of the dead 2004
the hills have eyes
hostel
28 days later

jujubob
10-23-2007, 07:09 AM
night of the living dead
the thing(john carpenters) scared the hell out of me
does anyone remember C.H.U.D?
oh and the gates of hell i have only watched it once
when i was 5 at drive in theater.it was the first movie i remember seeing.

submisboi
10-23-2007, 07:25 AM
ya ya

manbearpig
10-23-2007, 07:30 AM
-Child's Play (I had a My Buddy doll when that movie came out...is it just me or did those things look just like a brunette version of Chucky? lol talk about childhood trauma)
-Children of the Corn
-Ichi the Killer (dunno if it counts?)
-Suicide Club
-Three...Extremes
-Interview With the Vampire
-Fright Night (Marcy D'Arcy was pretty hot in that movie lol...)

lust4ts
10-23-2007, 07:47 AM
I have to go with The Shining.

I still remember watching it when I was very young, there is this bit in the ghost scene where the camera pans through the hotel corer doors and in one of the rooms is guy in a rabbit suit, you only actually see him for a second. It sounds really stupid but it was so freaky at the time, one of those weird things that stick's with you forever.

I also loved IT, except the end is shit, with the giant spider (the book is much better).

Sometimes They Come Back was quite good too.

The start of Jeepers Creepers is great, the rest of the film is terrible.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
10-23-2007, 10:53 AM
My film list:

Alien - 20th Cent Fox - 1979
An American Werewolf in London - universal - 1981
Basket Case - 1982
Birds - universal - 1963
The Black Cat - universal - 1934
Blind Dead - 1972
The Blob - paramount - 1958
Blood Feast - 1963
The Brood - 1979
The Bride of Frankenstein - universal - 1934
Carnival of Souls - 1962
Carrie - united artists - 1976
Cat People - universal - 1982
Creature from the Black Lagoon - universal - 1954
The Curse of Frankenstein - hammer - 1957
Dawn of the Dead - 1979
Demon Seed - mgm - 1977
Dracula - universal - 1931
Driller Killer - 1979
Duel - 1971
Eraserhead - 1977
The Exorcist - warner - 1973
The Fly - 20th Cent Fox - 1958
The Fog - 1980
Frankenstein - universal - 1931
Freaks - mgm - 1932
Helloween - 1978
The Haunting - mgm - 1963
Horror of Dracula - hammer - 1958
The Hound of Baskerville - hammer - 1959
House of Wax - warner - 1953
The Howling - 1981
Invasion of the Body Snatchers - 1956
It’s Alive - warner - 1974
Last House on the Left - 1972
Maniac - 1980
Ms. 45 - 1981
The Mummy - universal - 1932
Night of the Living Death - 1968
Peeping Tom - 1960
Phase IV - paramount - 1974
Psycho - paramount - 1960
Rabid - 1977
Rasputin, the Mad Monk - hammer - 1966
Repulsion - 1965
Rosemary`s Baby - paramount - 1968
Scanners - 1981
The Shining - warner - 1980
Tarantula - universal - 1955
Texas Chainsaw Massacre - 1974
Them! - Warner - 1954
The Thing - universal - 1982
Village of the Damned - mgm - 1960
Westworld - mgm - 1973
The Wolfman - universal - 1941
Zombie - 1980

the newer ones:

dawn of the dead 2004
the hills have eyes
hostel
28 days later

:shock: That's quite a list. I WANT some COPIES mbf! LOL J/k :lol:

;)

~Kisses.

HTG

alpha2117
10-23-2007, 12:20 PM
Top 12 in no particular order

Alien -
The Thing (the remake)-
Near Dark
Wolf Creek
Battle Royale
Exorcist
Evil Dead 2
Feast
Cabinet of Dr Caligari
Black Sheep
They Live
Inseminoid

crayons
10-23-2007, 11:05 PM
No thread on Hung Angels is complete without a picture of a nude shemale and the testament to her cock.

http://www.hungangels.com/board/files/120_438.jpg

mbf
10-24-2007, 01:37 AM

;)

~Kisses.

HTG

oh, I could just say: "Let's stay in for the evening and watch a movie. I'll rent. What do you want to watch"?. lol

well, seriously, I am a big horror fan for quite a few reasons :wink:

@M77 yes, one could include almost ANY hammer film, and I have omitted quite a few more movies, mostly from Europe or Asia, just bc those are not so well known

oh, and I forgot to mention:

Hellraiser
Evil Dead

or episodes of the X-Files dealing with horror-motives - those were usually great!

Falrune
10-24-2007, 02:37 AM
Some B-movies

The Tingler 1959
The Beast with Five Fingers 1946

dc_guy_75
10-24-2007, 05:33 AM
Bush's January 2003 address in his State of the Union.

Besides that, The Shining, of course.

Legend
10-24-2007, 09:34 AM
I downloaded a movie called "i spit on your grave" on mininova and it was awesome,i mean the it was probably one of the most gory movies i 've ever seen.Basically these guys brutally raped this young girl and she kills those motherfuckers in the most painful ways you could ever imagine.I definitely recommed you girls/girls check that movie out asap,this move was ahead of its time.

Here is the movie poster,
http://i22.tinypic.com/xo1mib.jpg

mbf
10-24-2007, 09:49 AM
I downloaded a movie called "i spit on your grave" on mininova

hmmmm

in another thread you wrote you follow US-american law and now I am shocked to read you downloaded a movie - which stems from Roger Cormans camp btw - and is definitely not public domain yet.

:(

Legend
10-24-2007, 10:09 AM

hmmmm

in another thread you wrote you follow US-american law and now I am shocked to read you downloaded a movie - which stems from Roger Cormans camp btw - and is definitely not public domain yet.

You can't be seriously right?you guys are so bitchy,your disecting every little thing i post into attacks,not hiring a prostitute is a law i happily abide by for my own personally health,thats the thread you referring to right.Why must every single thread turn into drama from now on i refuse to get into petty arguments over illrevant things,so if you or anyone feels the need to further attack me go right ahead,i'm gonna be the bigger person and let it go,i'm just tired of the drama in every thread.

Now back to the topic at hand!

Legend
10-24-2007, 10:13 AM
-Child's Play (I had a My Buddy doll when that movie came out...is it just me or did those things look just like a brunette version of Chucky? lol talk about childhood trauma)

Some child's play news,bads news to me because i dislike remakes,

Child's Play Remake On The Way

Friends 'til the end is right as the demonic doll Chucky is back for more.

Producer David Kirschner has now confirmed that a remake of his eighties slasher Child's Play is in the works. The 1988 original told the story of a young boy who got the doll he always wanted, a Good Guy doll. Little did he know that his miniature friend named Chucky is actually alive with the spirit of serial killer Charles Lee Ray. Ray wants a new human body all his own and young Andy is the perfect specimen.

Kirschner has admitted that the film's creation is in serious talks. "We're discussing it with Don Mancini, who has written all of them with us from the beginning. The next one we're going to do is we're going back and remaking the first one and even pushing it further and making a very terrifying version of the first one, which is pretty scary as it is."

No-one has been looked at yet to helm the film but Kirschner says they have so many great new horror directors to choose from. He has enjoyed the franchise and wants to keep it alive on a horror scale more then the humorous one it has gone down in the past few films. There is also no word on a cast yet or if Brad Dourif will return as the voice of Chucky.

As for whether new technology will be used for Chucky, Kirschner has no intentions. "It'll be an animatronic doll, like we do all of them, but animatronics have grown from when we did the first one 20 years ago."
http://popcornjunkies.insidepulse.com

tsfarrah
10-24-2007, 11:22 AM
my favs are:

Poltergeist
The Birds
The Ring
The Exorcist
Alien

Night Rider
10-24-2007, 12:30 PM

hmmmm

You can't be seriously right?you guys are so bitchy,your disecting every little thing i post into attacks,not hiring a prostitute is a law i happily abide by for my own personally health,thats the thread you referring to right.Why must every single thread turn into drama from now on i refuse to get into petty arguments over illrevant things,so if you or anyone feels the need to further attack me go right ahead,i'm gonna be the bigger person and let it go,i'm just tired of the drama in every thread.

Now back to the topic at hand!

That's fair enough, that's why there is a thread set up to settle our differences with u....ur such a hypocrite, making it out as if we're the ones started this...so u be the 'bigger man' and get the fuck over to the thread to get bitch slapped u fucking drama queen

Hara_Juku Tgirl
10-24-2007, 12:33 PM

;)

~Kisses.

HTG

oh, I could just say: "Let's stay in for the evening and watch a movie. I'll rent. What do you want to watch"?. lol

well, seriously, I am a big horror fan for quite a few reasons :wink:

@M77 yes, one could include almost ANY hammer film, and I have omitted quite a few more movies, mostly from Europe or Asia, just bc those are not so well known

oh, and I forgot to mention:

Hellraiser
Evil Dead

or episodes of the X-Files dealing with horror-motives - those were usually great!

Lmao :lol:

Yeah I dig 'em too mbf! I'll stay in with you if you throw in dinner. Haha ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

mbf
10-24-2007, 01:49 PM
Lmao :lol:

Yeah I dig 'em too mbf! I'll stay in with you if you throw in dinner. Haha ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

heck, you are definitely HIGH MAINTANANCE! lol

as for dinner, what about Wieners?

Hara_Juku Tgirl
10-24-2007, 01:51 PM
Yours or mines? Lmao :lol:

~Kisses.

HTG

mbf
10-24-2007, 01:54 PM
Yours or mines? Lmao :lol:

~Kisses.

HTG

I ll bring the sausages, you bring the appetite :lol:

Hara_Juku Tgirl
10-24-2007, 01:56 PM
Kewl! Just make sure there's plenty for me tho. I'd hate to be disappointed! LOL

~Kisses.

HTG

mbf
10-24-2007, 01:57 PM
as dessert I would like to suggest high proteine milk shakes

Hara_Juku Tgirl
10-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Well then we could mix our concoctions! LOL :lol:

Cheers!

~Kisses.

HTG

mbf
10-24-2007, 02:02 PM
Well then we could mix our concoctions! LOL :lol:

Cheers!

~Kisses.

HTG

sounds like a great evening :lol: 8)

Hara_Juku Tgirl
10-24-2007, 02:06 PM
LOL FUN!

Sorry Legend. Just having fun..might be the cafeeine in me. :P

~Kisses.

HTG

Legend
10-25-2007, 03:16 AM
It's cool hara.

Two recommendations for you guys two check out the tripper and wrong turn 2.

http://i24.tinypic.com/2coltw3.jpg
http://i20.tinypic.com/21eord2.jpg

lbluver
10-25-2007, 09:21 AM
Rosemary's Baby and the Shining are my choices.

manbearpig
10-25-2007, 12:40 PM

Some child's play news,bads news to me because i dislike remakes,

Child's Play Remake On The Way

Friends 'til the end is right as the demonic doll Chucky is back for more.

Producer David Kirschner has now confirmed that a remake of his eighties slasher Child's Play is in the works. The 1988 original told the story of a young boy who got the doll he always wanted, a Good Guy doll. Little did he know that his miniature friend named Chucky is actually alive with the spirit of serial killer Charles Lee Ray. Ray wants a new human body all his own and young Andy is the perfect specimen.

Kirschner has admitted that the film's creation is in serious talks. "We're discussing it with Don Mancini, who has written all of them with us from the beginning. The next one we're going to do is we're going back and remaking the first one and even pushing it further and making a very terrifying version of the first one, which is pretty scary as it is."

No-one has been looked at yet to helm the film but Kirschner says they have so many great new horror directors to choose from. He has enjoyed the franchise and wants to keep it alive on a horror scale more then the humorous one it has gone down in the past few films. There is also no word on a cast yet or if Brad Dourif will return as the voice of Chucky.

As for whether new technology will be used for Chucky, Kirschner has no intentions. "It'll be an animatronic doll, like we do all of them, but animatronics have grown from when we did the first one 20 years ago."
http://popcornjunkies.insidepulse.com

oh WTF!!!...

Jericho
10-25-2007, 12:44 PM
If you're looking for a laugh along with your gorefest, check out "Botched".

TrueBeauty TS
10-26-2007, 06:35 AM
the Night of the Living Dead

FK

Isn't that every tranny night at the clubs???

:wink:

Felicia Katt
10-26-2007, 06:43 AM
the Night of the Living Dead

FK

Isn't that every tranny night at the clubs???

:wink:

LOL well, some zombies are better dancers :)

meow

FK

Legend
10-27-2007, 11:23 PM
Holy crap if any of you guys/guys haven't seen a korean movie called "oldboy" you are missing out of one of the most well written horror movies of all time.

Well to described the film its about a guy who is locked in a room for 15 years and after his 15 years his seeks out the people who have done this.He is then tricked into having a relationship and sleeping with his own daughter which is later to be revealed is a plot as payback for the main character for something he did.

http://i23.tinypic.com/2dv2zhj.jpg

Wader75
10-28-2007, 12:02 AM
2 are over the top Psycho and Alien.

dabaldone
10-28-2007, 02:21 AM
I have to say "The Thing" was the first movie that made me jump out of my seat.
Remember when the dog was placed in the kennel and it split open into that horror! That was wayyy back in '82 and the special effects are still great!

Hazel Tucker
11-20-2007, 07:49 PM
1) The Others
2) Darkness
3) Bram Stoker's Dracula
4) The Craft

:twisted:

tall, dark &amp; Handsome
11-20-2007, 07:53 PM
Holy crap if any of you guys/guys haven't seen a korean movie called "oldboy" you are missing out of one of the most well written horror movies of all time.

Well to described the film its about a guy who is locked in a room for 15 years and after his 15 years his seeks out the people who have done this.He is then tricked into having a relationship and sleeping with his own daughter which is later to be revealed is a plot as payback for the main character for something he did.

Old Boy is amazing
I have to check out the others he has done as well

my list includes
the shining
Halloween
and Humanoids of the deep

EyeCumInPiece
11-20-2007, 07:57 PM
1) The Others
2) Darkness
3) Bram Stoker's Dracula
4) The Craft

:twisted:

The Others is your favorite??????????? PM me Hazel, i have a rather large collection of horror flicks, id like to put you on wit some great ones!!

my list

1) Evil Dead
2) Re-Animator
3) Return of the living dead

crayons
11-20-2007, 07:58 PM

I thought it was horribly overrated and got tedious and boring. Korea is trying too hard to be the next Japan and it ain't happening. All of Pak's movies suck especially JSA (which I've had since the late 90s and never finished it due to how boring and lame it is). To be honest: I haven't seen a good Korean film.

NewYorker
11-20-2007, 07:59 PM

Oldboy isn't really a horror movie though. It's a revenge thriller and part of the directors "revenge trilogy" along with Sympathy of Mr. Vengence and Sympathy for Lady Vengence. It's an excellent movie though.

NewYorker
11-20-2007, 08:02 PM

I thought it was horribly overrated and got tedious and boring. Korea is trying too hard to be the next Japan and it ain't happening. All of Pak's movies suck especially JSA (which I've had since the late 90s and never finished it due to how boring and lame it is). To be honest: I haven't seen a good Korean film.

Check out "The Host" then. It's a fascinating film, a horror movie totally uninterested in being a horror movie. Which is not to say it isn't a good horror film, the first attack sequence is great, but that it's more interested in the interaction and development of it's character than blood, gore or horror.

pantybulge69
10-24-2011, 03:33 AM
wonder how many Paranormal Activity votes come in.

:ignore:

EvonRose
10-24-2011, 03:50 AM
"Care bears" OMG that freaked me out.

Dino Velvet
10-24-2011, 04:07 AM
I saw The Exorcist when I was so young that I thought it was a documentary. I vote The Exorcist.

robertlouis
10-24-2011, 04:13 AM
Rosemary's Baby, not just the horrific premise, but the fact that nobody helps her and everyone betrays her.

Quiet Reflections
10-24-2011, 04:17 AM
Halloween, the original not the shitty Rob Zombie re-imagining and the dvd of my sons birth.

Bobby Domino
10-24-2011, 04:22 AM
I've been reading some old posts and the submissions are a cross between suspense & horror movies. Are we differentiating?
Sorry to be geeking out....

I find non-paranormal, non-mythical, loosely based on reality, horror movies to be the scariest -

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
I Spit On Your Grave - I saw that way way way too young
(best explain what I'm talking about)

1. The Others is a top favorite of mine
2. Jaws, The Shining, (the first) Halloween and the usual suspects

Yeah
10-24-2011, 04:27 AM
Some of my favs. Halloween, Exorsist, Childern of the Corn, The Car, Night of the Scarecrow, Sleepy Hollow, The Shinning, Omen, Fall of the House of Usher, Fright Night, Scream, and Shocker.

pantybulge69
10-30-2011, 07:20 PM
I saw The Exorcist when I was so young that I thought it was a documentary. I vote The Exorcist.

me 2.
no other horror film is even close.

LeatherTGirlLover
10-30-2011, 07:28 PM
Suspiria, Tenebrae and Deep Red (Profondo Rosso) all by the great Dario Argento.

Halloween, The Thing, They Live and In The Mouth Of Madness by John Carpenter.

Audition by Takishi Miike and Ringu by Hideo Nakata

Short Night Of The Glass Dolls and Night Train Murders by Aldo Ray

And for fans of Brit Horror The Wicker Man, Witchfinder General and Blood On Satan's Claw

Other classics include The Eye, Rosemary's Baby, The Exorcist, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Dawn Night and Day Of The Dead, Ginger Snaps and Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer

hard4janira
10-30-2011, 08:21 PM
The Orphanage
The Shining
The Exorcist
Alien
Evil Dead (nostalgic reasons, its a comedy really)
Ju-on
Halloween
Christine

StlyeMeCunty
10-30-2011, 08:32 PM
Hocus Poucus! LOL! Oppps thats more just Halloween, I don't really like scary movies.

robertlouis
10-30-2011, 10:45 PM
I don't really like scary movies.

BOO! bwahahahahaha!

Ben
10-30-2011, 11:11 PM
The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre ranks up there. Very good, very artistic.... A certain level of care went into it.
Now slasher flicks are churned out like cellphones.... Ya know, get cheap actors, rush the script.... Whatever.
David Cronenberg lamented the movie industry by saying the bigger the budget the less control a director has. Which is, of course, true. And has to be. Movie studios are putting up millions of bucks. And expect a return on investment.
Tobe Hooper in '73 didn't have that undue pressure. And had creative control, as it were.
John Carpenter, another horror master, said films in the 70s had dark endings. Now ya can't do that. Because of so-called test audiences. Who demand happy endings. (Well, we all like happy endings -- ;) ha ha ha!)

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) - Trailer - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=285ImXTYdsg)

russtafa
10-31-2011, 12:08 AM
My top 5 horror movies:

hellraiser was a great film

hyperspace
10-31-2011, 12:45 AM
In terms of actually influencing people's behaviour then Jaws wins hands down.

My Top 5 are

1. The Omen
2. Salem's Lot
3. American Werewolf in London
4. The Wicker man (original)
5. Evil Dead 2

russtafa
10-31-2011, 12:29 PM
insidious is a truly great film

hard4janira
11-01-2011, 05:52 AM
Has anybody mentioned Angel Heart? Not a genuine horror flick per-se, but a great supernatural thriller with a great script and some chilling moments. Great 'mood' flick.

russtafa
12-05-2011, 05:20 AM
the Re animator series was a great series

METALFACE
12-05-2011, 06:00 AM
Hellraiser 1 and 2, Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Original Day of The Dead

nycsal
12-05-2011, 06:06 AM
"Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein"

pantybulge69
12-05-2011, 06:15 AM
Some of my favs. Halloween, Exorsist, Childern of the Corn, The Car, Night of the Scarecrow, Sleepy Hollow, The Shinning, Omen, Fall of the House of Usher, Fright Night, Scream, and Shocker.

out of the ones mentioned, i'll take Sleepy Hollow, the Omen and Fright Night. ..and of course the No.1 scary movie that wins all the surveys and
polls of all time scary movies ( the Exorcist). Shocker was "corny-horror fun"

russtafa
12-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Saturn 3 was a cool film

Nivek
12-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Night of the living dead, B/W and remake.
The Thing wasn't a horror but definitely a favorite.
Return Of The Living Dead always has a special place.

Lovecox
04-08-2012, 04:15 AM
1. The Exorcist
2. The Shining
3. Rosemary's Baby
4. The Omen
5. Night of the Living Dead
6. Alien
7. Black Sabbath
8. Salem's Lot
9. The Wicker Man
10. The Other (not to be confused with The Others)

Dino Velvet
04-08-2012, 05:31 AM
1. The Exorcist
2. The Shining
3. Rosemary's Baby
4. The Omen
5. Night of the Living Dead
6. Alien
7. Black Sabbath
8. Salem's Lot
9. The Wicker Man
10. The Other (not to be confused with The Others)

Thank you for picking The Exorcist. My favorite all-time film too.

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt221/My_Farts_Cause_Global_Warming/Exorcist_2.gif

philipsfrog
04-08-2012, 08:37 PM
My top 3 are Dawn of the Dead 1978 The Thing and Day of the of day

EvonRose
04-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Barney the purple dinosaur, that fat bitch was scary when I grew up.

TS CANDY NY
04-08-2012, 11:38 PM
stephen king "IT" i don't do clown with or without make-up

urbanchampion
04-08-2012, 11:43 PM
I know it's not the greatest of all time...but it's a very interesting and wierd horror movie. The first Phantasm movie is something that any horror fan should watch. The other 3 movies in the series are watchable, but certainly not as good as the first one. If you haven't seen it, check it out and tell me what you think.

Also, Night of the Demons are three movies that are kinda cheesy, but they're pretty classic in my opinion. The series just seems to have been forgotten except for those who are serious horror fans.

Dino Velvet
04-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Also, Night of the Demons are three movies that are kinda cheesy, but they're pretty classic in my opinion. The series just seems to have been forgotten except for those who are serious horror fans.

Best part of Night of the Demons. Those titties.

urbanchampion
04-08-2012, 11:52 PM
Best part of Night of the Demons. Those titties.

HAHAHA! SHIIIIIIIIIIT! Someone actually remembers the movie!

*high five to my man Dino*

And yes, those tits were great!

Dino Velvet
04-08-2012, 11:58 PM
HAHAHA! SHIIIIIIIIIIT! Someone actually remembers the movie!

*high five to my man Dino*

And yes, those tits were great!

My jaw dropped to the floor when that woman got naked. Perfect tits. Would've loved to get a shot of that shaved pink gash of hers. Bet it's lovely.

Cecil Rhodes
04-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Barney the purple dinosaur, that fat bitch was scary when I grew up.

i have a t-shirt you might like Evon . it has Barney Rubble standing next to .a headless Barney the Dinosaur. B.R. has B;D;s head in one hand and a large knife in the other with a caption that says " . there can only be one barney "

pantybulge69
10-28-2013, 08:40 AM
bump (in "spirit" of Halloween)

tsmirandameadows
10-28-2013, 06:22 PM
Haven't read through the whole thread, so my apologies if it's already been mentioned, but my favorite horror movie has to be The Descent. The premise -- several female spelunkers trapped in a cave -- is unoriginal but the claustrophobia, eye for pacing, and interpersonal tension between the characters makes for an absolutely superb film. When the creatures first show up in the final act of the film, I was quite literally frozen in panic as all hell broke loose on the screen. On a side note, it's directed by the same Scottish director who made the excellent Dog Soldiers. At any rate, highly recommended.

Jackal
10-28-2013, 06:37 PM
Yes, Juno was one of the all-time great onscreen badasses.

Gina Valentine
10-28-2013, 07:12 PM
I think Stanley Kubrick's "Shining", hands down! Though, I hte it when Scatman Crothers gets axed. He was so sexy!

RallyCola
10-28-2013, 07:22 PM
as i have said before, because i draw a very definite line between horror and thriller, the exorcist still remains at the top of my list of horror movies. that said, i have a renewed interest in psycho as probably the best thriller of all time. while it isn't scary like the exorcist...its one damn fine movie.

bigkid69
10-28-2013, 07:22 PM
Exorcist and Ammityville Horror (the original) had me shitting myself when I was a kid. The commercials of AH alone made me sleep with the light on one summer.

uni66
10-29-2013, 11:36 PM
All David Cronenberg's films are my favorites...

pantybulge69
11-01-2014, 08:53 AM
bumped..:dead-1:

Yasmin Lee Fan
11-04-2014, 12:03 AM
It would be between the original Frankenstein and Frankenstein meets the Wolfman. I like the classics and I don't care for all the blood and guts in todays horror films.

Muzz84
11-04-2014, 12:44 AM
I have grown up watching and loving horror movies but the two that spring to mind as seriously giving me sleepness nights are REC and The Woman in Black. Two more recent ones but are pant-wetting scary anyway!

Richie H
11-04-2014, 06:06 AM
Stir Of Echos..

That chick creeps me out..!

pantybulge69
11-01-2015, 08:09 AM
i have to put THE CONJURING in the top 5,...but the EXORCIST still stands supreme over all scary movies.

Grotahh
11-01-2015, 10:30 PM
I would say Halloween 1 or Ridley Scotts Alien which is off course a space-horror movie.

svin_renigoth
11-01-2015, 11:22 PM
The Conjuring still freaks me out, even when the Warner Bros. logo comes up. Joseph Bishara's discordant music makes up a big part of the atmosphere for that movie, the same with Insidious.

buttslinger
11-04-2015, 12:42 AM
I don't know what my favorite horror movie of all time is, I can remember watching King Kong when I was four years old and thought it was awesome. As an adult I would say The Exorcist hit the AWESOME MARK best.
As a rule, I always add ten points to the critic's ratings....... if it's a horror film.

Yeah
12-29-2015, 07:16 AM
Halloween and Exorcist

pantybulge69
10-17-2018, 04:28 AM
1973 the Exorcist, still to this very day.

Glad to see the Conjuring is giving it a run for 2nd runner of all time. i just wasn't that crazy about " the NUN' , which i thought was very overrated.

LIGHTS OUT should be in the discussion somewhere. and i had to rate it ahead of Conjuring 2 and the NUN.

josehip
10-17-2018, 02:47 PM
Day of Wrath by Carl Theodor Dreyer

joesocalif
10-17-2018, 03:17 PM
“Pumpkin Head”
The witch says, “It’s gotta run it’s course Ed Harley.

joeycup
10-17-2018, 04:32 PM
The Fearless Vampire Killers (1967)

scorpeo
10-17-2018, 11:35 PM
Japanese horror movies

joseq
10-18-2018, 12:48 AM
The Ring, The Werewolf of London.

Tommy420
10-18-2018, 12:15 PM
I’d have to go with the original Amityville Horror, that movie scared the shit out of me when I was a kid and left permanent scars when it comes to irrational fears of basements.

Modern horror, I think there is a lot out there to like I’m pretty fond of Paranormal Activity

joeycup
10-18-2018, 03:13 PM
i originally chose "the fearless vampire killers" but the more i've thought about it, John Carpenter's 1982 remake of "The Thing" is my fave. vampire killers
is my fave vampire flick,though it's more a slapstick comedy than a straight horror movie> The Thing is a very paranoid and gross flick that i enjoy more with repeated viewings.
I too was scared shit less by the original Amityville Horror flick.