PDA

View Full Version : Dumbest Humans on Earth..Amazing!!!!

DJ_Asia
04-27-2007, 07:13 AM
April 26, 2007 - 8:59PM

Thousands of Japanese have been swindled in a scam in which they were sold Australian and British sheep and told they were poodles.
Flocks of sheep were imported to Japan and then sold by a company called Poodles as Pets, marketed as fashionable accessories, available at $1,600 each.

That is a snip compared to a real poodle which retails for twice that much in Japan.

The scam was uncovered when Japanese moviestar Maiko Kawamaki went on a talk-show and wondered why her new pet would not bark or eat dog food.

She was crestfallen when told it was a sheep.

Then hundreds of other women got in touch with police to say they feared their new "poodle" was also a sheep.

One couple said they became suspicious when they took their "dog" to have its claws trimmed and were told it had hooves.

Japanese police believe there could be 2,000 people affected by the scam, which operated in Sapporo and capitalised on the fact that sheep are rare in Japan, so many do not know what they look like.

"We launched an investigation after we were made aware that a company were selling sheep as poodles," Japanese police said, the The Sun reported.

"Sadly we think there is more than one company operating in this way.

"The sheep are believed to have been imported from overseas - Britain, Australia."

Many of the sheep have now been donated to zoos and farms.

lust4ts
04-27-2007, 07:16 AM
This is a joke right?..................

Nobody is that stupid - are they? :wink:

DJ_Asia
04-27-2007, 07:20 AM
Man I couldnt make up a story this loco....next thing ya know they will be claiming raw fish on rice is dinner!

http://www.theage.com.au/news/World/Japanese-fooled-in-poodle-scam/2007/04/26/1177459875122.html

lust4ts
04-27-2007, 07:26 AM
Man I couldnt make up a story this loco....next thing ya know they will be claiming raw fish on rice is dinner!

http://www.theage.com.au/news/World/Japanese-fooled-in-poodle-scam/2007/04/26/1177459875122.html

:lol:

Ok, there really is people that stupid. I must say I am still shocked by such an occurence and blatent level of dumbness.

tsntx
04-27-2007, 07:45 AM
honestly ive never seen a poodle OR a sheep in real life but pop culture, tv, news, "common sence" etc i could point both out 100% accurately 100% of the time. i cant fathom someone else not being able to do the same... ESPECIALLY when said moron has $1600 to blow on one.

TJT
04-27-2007, 08:00 AM
It sounds like a variation on the "Mexican Rat" urban legend?

That tale went like this;an American couple buy a Chihuahua south of the border,bring it home and wonder why it doesn't bark? They take it to the vet and find out they've been sold a shaved rat.

That one hit the news from time to time for decades.

A little too much similarity,IMO.

DavidLynch
04-27-2007, 08:06 AM
Idiots, should a known when the town was overrun by wolfs.

Chica
04-27-2007, 08:07 AM
this was in the paper yesterday, i thought it was funny lol

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007190295,00.html

Oli
04-27-2007, 09:21 AM
"A fool and his (or in this case her) money are soon parted"

Balcanoid
04-27-2007, 11:00 AM
Whats the difference between a poodle and a sheep?
Any of it need food, care, and attention... :shock:
Japan is full of E-pets, the real one is quite an achievement for them,
whatever kind of it would be... :hitit

Kriss
04-27-2007, 03:38 PM
this was in the paper yesterday, i thought it was funny lol

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007190295,00.html

I'm sorry to be pedantic here but "THE SUN" is hardly a reputable source of information and certainly shouldn't be used to 'back up' or verify any claims of credibility. Of course if I saw the story in the guardian, well thats gospel. badly spelled gospel but .............

Japan is full of E-pets, the real one is quite an achievement for them,

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

Chica
04-27-2007, 04:47 PM
the sun keeps it real though... better than those old men newspapers! :D

Kriss
04-27-2007, 05:13 PM
the sun keeps it real though... better than those old men newspapers! :D

depends on your definition of real. All 'news'papers have owners who have political leanings of some kind, it's inevitable. If you got the time, it's good to read and watch as many different reports of one story as possible and make a more informed opinion, you can also decypher where the particuar source is coming from politically by what they emphasice or leave out of the report compared to another media. They all tell the 'news' but all have a slant still. a lot of absolute bunkum is printed also.

Although with this particular story the sun will probably be the paper that has researched it most thoroughly, except possibly the Sunday Sport.

I don't buy newspapers now since the entire text version of the guardian is veiwable for free every day online. I used to buy two papers, Guardian for the news and the daily star for the tits and horoscopes.

hondarobot
04-27-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm thinking this sounds a bit like the "Mexican Chihuahua" story, too. But who knows?

I think what's even funnier is that not only do people pay $3200 for a poodle, but that a company is called "Poodles As Pets". What the hell else would a poodle be good for, if not a pet?

At least the people who got swindled with the sheep could recover their losses by shearing wool.

Balcanoid
04-27-2007, 05:45 PM

Base story for Bladerunner? U know that. :lol:

Balcanoid
04-27-2007, 05:52 PM
What the hell else would a poodle be good for, if not a pet?

I guess you never heard of "Poodle ham on the rye"? :wink:

Kriss
04-27-2007, 06:50 PM
I'm thinking this sounds a bit like the "Mexican Chihuahua" story, too. But who knows?

What about the investment company that bought 'London bridge'(very plain pre-fab), thinking it was 'Tower bridge' (the fancy one by the tower). Not to mention Fergie's awful song AND video full of shots of Tower bridge!

tonkatoy
04-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Are any of the sheep still available?

um, a friend wanted to know........

BeardedOne
04-27-2007, 10:42 PM
Well, they had it coming. As Uncle Raoul Zludotny (The werewolf in "The Bojeffries Saga") once exclaimed upon being accused of eating a dog: "Vas no dock! Vas only poodle!". :lol:

Still, were they not happy with their sheep as pets? I've known people that kept sheep as pets and made good use of the wool each seaon. If they ever truly tire of them, YUM! Dinner! :twisted:

Kriss wrote:

Base story for Bladerunner? U know that.

You betcha. Phillip K. Dick. I actually got play with the Spinner (The futuristic police car from the movie) in Denver in 1981.

What about the investment company that bought 'London bridge'

Would that be the developer that relocated same to Lake Havasu City in <Thinking> Arizona?

Some people know that they are being taken, but play along anyway. I mean, really, the Pet Rock ferchrissake. :roll:

Jericho
04-27-2007, 10:52 PM
Some people know that they are being taken, but play along anyway. I mean, really, the Pet Rock ferchrissake. :roll:

Heyyyy, leave Rover alone, dammit! :lol:

Quinn
04-27-2007, 11:19 PM
I have serious doubts as to the veracity of this story, regardless of what paper it appears in. I really find it hard to believe that so many people would fall for a scam/grift that transparent. Still, I sincerely hope that it is, in fact, true. Moreover, I would love to meet the originator of said scam/grift so that I could express my boundless admiration. Talk about a set of balls....

-Quinn

ezed
04-28-2007, 06:56 AM
Quinn,
This is the guy! He was thrown out of London years ago for a Parrot scandal. He has an affinity for pets beginning with the letter "P".

tonkatoy
04-28-2007, 07:02 AM
Quinn,
This is the guy! He was thrown out of London years ago for a Parrot scandal. He has an affinity for pets beginning with the letter "P".

all pets begin with 'p', pet giraffe , pet fish, pet ice cream cone.....

sucka4chix
04-29-2007, 03:51 PM
honestly ive never seen a poodle OR a sheep in real life but pop culture, tv, news, "common sence" etc i could point both out 100% accurately 100% of the time. i cant fathom someone else not being able to do the same... ESPECIALLY when said moron has $1600 to blow on one.
I agree with the sheep vs. poodle thing, the hooves is definitely a dead giveaway (and too funny),but I must say the first time I saw a real poodle and not the dainty miniature they always show on tv, I had to ask what it was(I knew it wasn't a sheep!). It was huge,scary and barked like a german shepherd (LOL, I said SHEPHERD)

Quinn
04-29-2007, 04:01 PM
Quinn,

Nice..... :lol:

-Quinn

MacShreach
04-29-2007, 04:12 PM
Roight, just in case any of you lot hear of a thieve's bargain in fancy mutts...

sucka4chix
04-29-2007, 06:40 PM
Roight, just in case any of you lot hear of a thieve's bargain in fancy mutts...
LMFAO!