PDA

View Full Version : Hyundai and their ads..............

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
04-27-2007, 02:54 AM
fucking hilarious.....................

they are comparing one vehicle to the Land Rover LR3 instead of the new lower priced LR2

they also compared one of their sedans to the BMW 5-series instead of the 3 series which would be a much fairer comparison

not that I have anything against Hyundai, I just think they should have based their ads on a fairer range of vehicles

Kriss
04-27-2007, 03:00 AM
i love the way many car adverts say one price and then in tiny tiny white print at the bottom of the screen tell you that "model featured with all the extras- actaul price - 2 or 3 grand more!"

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
04-27-2007, 03:12 AM
exactly..............................

the Hyundai sedan that keeps up with a BMW 8 cylinder 5 series will truly impress me

if I'm not mistaken they went after the Lexus LS vehicle also, that car is a Japanese piece of art, not taking anything away from the Koreans, I just think thats a stretch

hwbs
04-27-2007, 03:16 AM
they can take their V6 power and kiss my ass !!!!!!

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
04-27-2007, 03:24 AM
lol, I have nothing against 6 cylinders, I own one (until my baby comes off that fuckin boat, hehe) I just have a problem with them running bogus tests

I'll explain

the Land Rover LR3 MSRP is $43,000
it produces 216 hp

the Jeep Cherokee SRT8 (FUCKING AWESOME SUV) is also $43,000 but it comes with 420 hp

now had they done an ad where the Jeep whooped its ass and said well we dont have that much power but for $13,000 less you can buy [insert bullshit here] I'd have been impressed

BeardedOne
04-27-2007, 03:35 AM
Just got new sneakers on my Saturn VUE. It's got 40k miles on it, is completely paid for (Five years early) and is tall enough that I neither break my back nor hit my head when getting into the driver's seat. Granted, I'd be happier at better that 22 MPG average, but y'can't have everything.

True, I miss the MMMMPHHH of my old Cadillac Commercial Chassis Miller Meteor with the 472 under the hood, but I certainly don't miss the sucky 12 MPG average where the gas gauge moved faster than the speedometer.

hwbs
04-27-2007, 03:43 AM
i love my VTECH 6....you get the best of both worlds.... over 30mpg and 240 horses :lol: