PDA

View Full Version : Flaming is fun. But a really bad thing. Please stop flaming.

LG
04-25-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm posting this as a separate topic just because:

1. It might bumpt the flame war a bit lower for a while
2. I thought what I posted was funny.
3. I want to.

Are flame wars bad or good?

Flame wars are sort of like a colonic irrigation for the board. They can help to clear the air just as a colonic clears your rectum and colon (or so I've been told- I've never had one). The problem is that even when you wash the shit away, it gets back in there somewhere sooner or later.

Or you could say that flaming is like a family vendetta. Fortunately, flaming does not usually involve guns or high explosives. Not yet, but Vicki has been talking to some people about changing that, apparently.

Or you could say that flaming is good, because it all allows us to get things out in the open, kind of like skinny dipping. It refreshes parts that cannot usually be reached (in this case our thirst for using four letter words at our place of work or home without losing our job or friends).

Flaming is all about equal opportunities too. Everybody gets flamed. Abuse is an equal-opportunity benefit.

Often, flame wars make us laugh. Personally, I thought it was very funny when I told TFan that I didn't think he was stupid but that he merely gave a very good impression of being very stupid. It is nice to use expressions like "if a cannibal cracked your head open, he wouldn't find enough to spread on a small water biscuit" or "my mother told me not to argue with assholes" or "I can't talk any more- I'm allergic to morons". Thus flaming can be fun, especially if you are arguing against someone without brains. But entering a flaming war may be enough proof that you're somewhat lacking in the brain department too.

So flaming is bad. Really, really bad. Stop it. Like now. Immediately. Bad, bad thing. Okay?

arnie666
04-25-2007, 11:30 PM
OK.

BeardedOne
04-25-2007, 11:38 PM
So flaming is bad. Really, really bad.

I agree, leave this kind of stuff to the professionals.

insert_namehere
04-25-2007, 11:44 PM
Dude, it's like gun control.

Ideally, yeah -

In actual practice, though - never gonna happen.

Cyclops
04-26-2007, 02:10 AM
it can be controlled

suspensions and bannings can prevent it, if done right

I fear ,however that it may not be easy now that it has been allowed to go on as long as it has

the best way to stop stuff like this is to nip it in the bud before it gets too big

MacShreach
04-26-2007, 02:19 AM
it can be controlled

I fear ,however that it may not be easy now that it has been allowed to go on as long as it has

the best way to stop stuff like this is to nip it in the bud before it gets too big

Correct. Just bury it with new threads. More gurls please.

Cyclops
04-26-2007, 02:49 AM
it can be controlled

Correct. Just bury it with new threads. More gurls please.

I'm all for that! That's why we're here!

ezed
04-26-2007, 06:37 AM
Check out the media, flaming is a way of life. Get an abestos suit. Fires flame out. The mods aren't the hurt police. They got enough shit to do. Send them a couple of million dollars, and I'm sure they can adapt their priorities.