PDA

View Full Version : Ladies: How open are you with your transition?

Somedude21
04-21-2007, 11:32 PM
To put it simply, how open are you about your transition? Not just with prospective partners, but with the world in general? I'm not asking if you scream from the mountaintop "I'm a Transsexual woman!", but do you make it well-known your status? Or do you prefer to live in "stealth", so to speak?

Somedude21
04-22-2007, 02:24 AM
Bump?

MrsKellyPierce
04-22-2007, 03:01 AM
lol considering I went openly as one in high school and last year in St. Pete I was a media magnet I was pretty open. However I don't walk down the street and scream it or even tell guys if they flirt with me unless I intended on going on a date with them etc.

alwaysforyou
04-22-2007, 03:34 AM
Have you ever been on a date with a guy and he had no idea you were transgendered

Vala_TS
04-22-2007, 04:10 PM
Hell, I wish I could make it known to the world because I'm PROUD of what I am, not ashamed. But I won't do that because then I would be viewed as that "gay guy who acts like a girl".

Vala,

Jericho
04-22-2007, 04:32 PM
Hell, I wish I could make it known to the world because I'm PROUD of what I am, not ashamed. But I won't do that because then I would be viewed as that "gay guy who acts like a girl".

Vala,

Nope...no matter how many times i read it! :?

MrsKellyPierce
04-22-2007, 08:03 PM
Have you ever been on a date with a guy and he had no idea you were transgendered Yes in the past I have done that.

JANIRA
04-23-2007, 04:39 AM
I MYSELF WENT TO SCHOOL WHILE I WAS ALSO STARTING OUT , ANDIT WAS A VERY HARD, BECAUSE I STARTED THAT SCHOOL BEFORE MY PROCESS AND EVERYONE WAS AWARE OF MY SITUATION.IT CAUSE PLENTY OF ISSUES ASIDE FROM THE STUDENTS, TEACHERS & STAFF. I WAS TOLD BY MY PRINCIPLE THAT IF I CAME I WERE TO COME TO SCHOOL "WEARING GIRLS CLOTHES" I WOULD BE SENT HOME.. SO EVERY DAY THE BUS PICKED ME UP AND WOULD DROP US OFF AT THE FRONT OF THE SCHOOL AND THE PRINCIPLE WOULD SEND ME HOME RIGHT WHEN I WALKED IN THE SCHOOL. THIS WENT ON FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS, HE CONTACTED MY PARENTS DURING ALL OF THIS, AND WE ALL HAD A MEETING WHICH BASICLY I WAS TOLD I COUDNT ATTEND SCHOOL IN THIS FORM, BUT THANKS TO MY GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
( WHO WAS A LESBIAN ) CONVINCED THE HEAD STAFF AND PRINCIPLE THAT I WASNT HURTING ANYONE AND I WAS DRESSING YES IN FEMALE CLOTHES , BUT SUTTLE, AND CONDUCTING MYSELF IN A RESPECTFUL MANNER. IT WAS NOT EASY AT FIRST I GOT FLACK FROM THE KIDS BUT AFTER A WHILE I KINDA OF BECAME A CELEBRITY IN MY OWN RIGHT. IT TOOK ALOT WORK TO CONVINCE THEM I WAS NOT ACTING REBELIOUS NOR PUTTING ON A SHOW , BUT BEING ME! ASFAR AS BEING OPEN YES IAM, I HAVE NO ISSUE WHAT SO EVER IN TELLING ANYONE WHAT I AM. IM ME, THE PERSON I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE, SO WHY SHOULD I CONCEAL IT.! I MNOT GOING TO ADVERTISE IT EITHER, TO MAKE A SPECTACLE OUTTA MYSELF. NOW IF A GUY COMES UP TO ME AND ASK,,,:" ARE YOU A TRANSEXUAL" ILL REPOND , DEPENDING ON HOW HE IS ASKING IT. IF HES ASKING ME TO CONDUCT A INTERVIEW AND ASK REDICULOUS QUESTIONS ALONG A SIDEWALK, ILL WALK AWAY. I HATE BEING ASKED QUESTIONS IF WE ARENT HAVING A CONVERSATION , OR HE IS JUST TRYING TO ASK TO SEE WHAT I SAY . ALL IN ALL I AM OPEN. IF AGUY APPROACHES ME AND ASKED" ME HI HOW ARE YOU? WHATS YOUR NAME?" ILL RESPOND TO HIS FRIENDLY APPROACH. AND ILL WORK IN ME BEING IN TS IN TO THAT.

JANIRA
04-23-2007, 04:51 AM
Have you ever been on a date with a guy and he had no idea you were transgendered NO!!!!! THAT COULD BE VERY DANGEROUS! , A GUY CAN BE VERY SENSITIVE WITH THAT MATTER, EVEN IF ITS JUST A FRIENDLY INNOCENT DRINK OR DATE. ALSO IM NOT KEEN ON GETTING KILLED FOR THAT. I KNOW SOME GIRLS MAY CONCEAL THAT THEY ARE TS JUST FOR THE FACT THAT THEY COULD KNOW YOU NOT FOR WHAT YOUR BUT HOW YOU ARE W/O THE PHYSICAL OR SEXUAL, BUT KNWOING YOU FOR YOU,,SORT OF SPEAK. GUYS TEND TO OFFER YOU THE WORLD WHEN THEY THINK YOUR A GG THEY'LL OFFER YOU A HAND IN MARRIAGE IF IT GOT DOWN TO IT, LOL... BUT THEN WHEN YOU HONESTLY SAY YOUR A TS THEY REPSOND WITH A: OH,,!!! SO UHMM IS IT TRUE TS'S GIVE GOOD HEAD OR ETC... AND ALL THEY ARE OFFERING YOU IS THEIR DICK IN YOUR MOUTH AND A SEE YA!! P.S. NOT ALL GUYS ARE LIKE THIS , BUT MANNNNNNNNY ARE!

Vala_TS
04-24-2007, 03:41 AM

Vala,

Nope...no matter how many times i read it! :?

So, you don't believe me? I said if I would NOT be perceived as "that guy who acts like a girl".

Vala,

Somedude21
04-24-2007, 03:42 AM
I think that he meant to say that he doesn't believe that you're a "gay guy who acts like a girl".

sexyredman
04-24-2007, 05:17 AM
I MYSELF WENT TO SCHOOL WHILE I WAS ALSO STARTING OUT , ANDIT WAS A VERY HARD, BECAUSE I STARTED THAT SCHOOL BEFORE MY PROCESS AND EVERYONE WAS AWARE OF MY SITUATION.IT CAUSE PLENTY OF ISSUES ASIDE FROM THE STUDENTS, TEACHERS & STAFF. I WAS TOLD BY MY PRINCIPLE THAT IF I CAME I WERE TO COME TO SCHOOL "WEARING GIRLS CLOTHES" I WOULD BE SENT HOME.. SO EVERY DAY THE BUS PICKED ME UP AND WOULD DROP US OFF AT THE FRONT OF THE SCHOOL AND THE PRINCIPLE WOULD SEND ME HOME RIGHT WHEN I WALKED IN THE SCHOOL. THIS WENT ON FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS, HE CONTACTED MY PARENTS DURING ALL OF THIS, AND WE ALL HAD A MEETING WHICH BASICLY I WAS TOLD I COUDNT ATTEND SCHOOL IN THIS FORM, BUT THANKS TO MY GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
( WHO WAS A LESBIAN ) CONVINCED THE HEAD STAFF AND PRINCIPLE THAT I WASNT HURTING ANYONE AND I WAS DRESSING YES IN FEMALE CLOTHES , BUT SUTTLE, AND CONDUCTING MYSELF IN A RESPECTFUL MANNER. IT WAS NOT EASY AT FIRST I GOT FLACK FROM THE KIDS BUT AFTER A WHILE I KINDA OF BECAME A CELEBRITY IN MY OWN RIGHT. IT TOOK ALOT WORK TO CONVINCE THEM I WAS NOT ACTING REBELIOUS NOR PUTTING ON A SHOW , BUT BEING ME! ASFAR AS BEING OPEN YES IAM, I HAVE NO ISSUE WHAT SO EVER IN TELLING ANYONE WHAT I AM. IM ME, THE PERSON I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE, SO WHY SHOULD I CONCEAL IT.! I MNOT GOING TO ADVERTISE IT EITHER, TO MAKE A SPECTACLE OUTTA MYSELF. NOW IF A GUY COMES UP TO ME AND ASK,,,:" ARE YOU A TRANSEXUAL" ILL REPOND , DEPENDING ON HOW HE IS ASKING IT. IF HES ASKING ME TO CONDUCT A INTERVIEW AND ASK REDICULOUS QUESTIONS ALONG A SIDEWALK, ILL WALK AWAY. I HATE BEING ASKED QUESTIONS IF WE ARENT HAVING A CONVERSATION , OR HE IS JUST TRYING TO ASK TO SEE WHAT I SAY . ALL IN ALL I AM OPEN. IF AGUY APPROACHES ME AND ASKED" ME HI HOW ARE YOU? WHATS YOUR NAME?" ILL RESPOND TO HIS FRIENDLY APPROACH. AND ILL WORK IN ME BEING IN TS IN TO THAT.

That took a lot of courage, especially as a teenager when it often seems so much easier to follow the crowd and blend in the background.

Vala_TS
04-24-2007, 05:43 AM
I think that he meant to say that he doesn't believe that you're a "gay guy who acts like a girl".

Well, in that case. Thanks. I just figured that nobody would believe that someone could potentially be that open about their transition.

Vala,

classydtwngrl
04-24-2007, 06:26 AM

Well, in that case. Thanks. I just figured that nobody would believe that someone could potentially be that open about their transition.

Vala,

I dont think many TS in transition can be, My brother wont even let me go into his office building for a meeting unless im dressed as a guy let alone that fucking butt hole at the security entrance pulls the "i need to see another form of identification" grrrr :smoking . And frankly theres nothing i can do about it either. Im not about to lose a job thats paying me 800 a week for 35 hours. nor am i going to sue my own brother and his company for gender discrimination....... So thats the price I pay for being open.

Aside from that being open to me isnt shooting my mouth off telling every person thats 10 miles near me, my simple way of letting people know is just by going out more, letting people see me more. EVentually your friends and other family see you, then you dont have to tellem the truth face to face :lol:

Vala_TS
04-24-2007, 07:19 AM

Vala,

I dont think many TS in transition can be, My brother wont even let me go into his office building for a meeting unless im dressed as a guy let alone that fucking butt hole at the security entrance pulls the "i need to see another form of identification" grrrr :smoking . And frankly theres nothing i can do about it either. Im not about to lose a job thats paying me 800 a week for 35 hours. nor am i going to sue my own brother and his company for gender discrimination....... So thats the price I pay for being open.

Aside from that being open to me isnt shooting my mouth off telling every person thats 10 miles near me, my simple way of letting people know is just by going out more, letting people see me more. EVentually your friends and other family see you, then you dont have to tellem the truth face to face :lol:

That's very cruel and sad. If I were you, I'd just tell him to fuck off and quit the job. I am NEVER wearing any male clothes again and I would think that would be one of the biggest insults ever to have to do that.

Vala,