PDA

View Full Version : The 7 Deadly Sins of Diet Pills

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-21-2007, 09:47 PM
The 7 Deadly Sins of Diet Pills Revealed Slim Body News
By Nutritionist Josh Bezoni

Slim Body Questions and Answers

Sin #1. Stay away from products that are disguised to look like prescription weight loss products. Diet pills are supplements. They are not medications. If they were, you'd have to get a prescription to use them. Companies try to make their products look like medications to try and trick you into thinking they are prescription-strength. Then you'll think they’re "extra" powerful and you'll be willing to pay more for them--a lot more.

An example of this is a product that is currently being offered for over $150.00 a bottle! However, this is the exact same type of cheap product you can get at your local grocery store for $9.00! People think that products like these must work if they look like a prescription medication and since they're so expensive. Don't be fooled.

The truth is, companies like these often hire actors to pose as doctors and customers. These actors (who never used the product in the first place) then hold up a pair of large
pants (or use old photos) and say how much weight they lost. They're ripping us off. If their product was that good, why would they have to lie to us in the first place by making the product look like a medication when it's not?

Sin #2. Don't use diet pills that make you feel jittery, anxious, depressed, or overly hungry. Products like these can cause you stress which leads to emotional overeating and weight GAIN!

Sin #3. Don't use products that are endorsed by a shady celebrity. Companies pay celebrities BIG money to promote products they (sometimes) never even use. Here's a rule of thumb: if you wouldn't trust the celebrity with your children, or your checkbook, why would you trust his or her advice about a product? Especially when you know they're being paid to say what companies want them to say.

Sin #4. Doctors lie too. Just like celebrities, doctors are for hire, too. When you see some late-night infomercial featuring a doctor you've never heard of touting some new, weight loss breakthrough... remember that he or she is being paid, too. And, just like some celebrities, there are doctors that will say anything for a buck or two. Besides, many of these "doctors" aren't the kind of doctor we typically think of... many are "doctors" of dentistry or some field that has little education in the area of nutrition or weight loss.

Besides, most real doctors don't have a clue about how to lose weight. They will just tell you to eat right and exercise--whatever that means. Nutritionists and dietitians have years of training in weight loss and weight management. Most doctors are only required to have one class. Isn't that crazy?

Sin #5. Stay clear of diet pills that make outrageous claims. It's true that the best diet pills are backed by science and they can really work to help you shed pounds. However, no diet product can help you lose 30 lbs in 30 days or any nonsense like that. If you're following a quality eating and activity program, and taking a good diet pill to speed up the results, you could expect to lose anywhere from 8 to 15 lbs in a month depending on how much you have to lose, your age, your "body chemistry", and many other factors that come into play. But 30 pounds in 30 days, not hardly.

Sin #6. Be skeptical of before and after photos. A lot of companies hire skinny people and pay them to get fat! Then they reverse the order of the before and after pictures and say they lost weight. Can you believe it?! These skinny people eat like crazy and gain 20 or 30 lbs just for the money. What a SCAM! Other companies digitally change the photos and put peoples heads on "new bodies". What's more, sometimes companies hire women who are pregnant to pose in before pictures and then wait until a month or so after the baby is delivered to take the after photo... and the women never even take their product! (By the way, we go to great lengths to ensure that all of our before and after photos are 100% accurate and real.)

Sin #7. Watch out for FAKE guarantees. Many companies offer a 30-day, money-back-guarantee. However, what they don't tell you is that the 30-day guarantee starts from the day you order it. Then they take two weeks to deliver it. By doing this, they know there is NO WAY you will be able to try the product and return it before your guarantee expires. What's more, if by some miracle you do return it within 30-days, they refuse to take it from the delivery service, or they'll let it sit in their warehouse and not open it until after your 30-day guarantee is past. Then they'll refuse to give your money back! Or, they'll charge you a huge "re-stocking" fee. Or, they won't return your money for six months to a year! Buyer, be warned! (This is why I insist on backing all of my products with a SIX-WEEK, No-Questions-Asked, 100% Money-Back-Guarantee. And, we perform all refunds within two business days.)

I know I only said there were 7 deadly sins of diet-pills but I'm really upset here, so here's an extra one for you:

Sin #8. Avoid diet pills that contain token amounts of everything but effective amounts of nothing. What I mean by this is some diet pills may contain "trace" amounts of good fat loss ingredients like green tea extract, Advantra Z™, guarana, guggulipids, and yerba mate... but they cut corners and only put a tiny amount of these ingredients in the pill. Then they stuff the pill with cheap, worthless fillers and artificial ingredients. (That's why, for my product Slim Seduction, we list the amount of every ingredient on the label instead of hiding our ingredient amounts in proprietary blends that don't disclose the real amounts.)

Wait... I just thought of another important point you should know about...

Sin #9. Watch out for products that don't contain what their labels say. Here's something you may not know. The FDA does NOT test supplements (like vitamins, minerals, herbs, or diet pills) to make sure they contain what their label says they contain. Why? Because the FDA stands for the Food and Drug Administration meaning that they only oversee foods and drugs--not dietary supplements (like diet pills). So who makes sure that diet pills contain what their labels say and that they aren't ripping you off or that they don't contain any "bad stuff"? Well... no one. It's up to the company to monitor their own products. So, in all reality, some shameless companies fill their pills with worthless ingredients (like white flour) and charge you outrageous prices for it... and they almost never get caught!

Get this: In the June 2004 issue of Oprah's magazine there is an article titled "A Dose of Reality", on page 135, which reveals a startling study that says nearly half the vitamin dietary supplements tested on the market today don't contain what their labels claim. Can you believe it? Companies are cutting corners and padding their wallets by cheating their customers out of what they're paying for. It's really a shame.

This is exactly why a sample of every production run of my company's diet products are sent to an independent laboratory to make sure what we say is in the bottle, actually is.

Just as important, all of our products are tested to make sure they are as pure as the driven snow and don't contain potentially harmful bacteria and lead. Many companies don't do this, so you have no idea what you're really swallowing or the harm it could be doing.

Here's another sin:
Sin #10: Diet patches are WORTHLESS. You see these things advertised all over the Internet but I haven't seen one study that shows they work. Why? Because the fat loss ingredients on the patch (if there is any in the first place), are much too large to penetrate the skin. It's quite ridiculous really. Think of all the dieters out there who are wearing these silly diet patches that absolutely, positively don't work.
So how do you know what diet pills and products really work? Go with a company you trust. Go with a company who tests their products and cares enough to take the time to educate you on what to avoid.
__________________________________________________ ___________

A friend forwarded this to me. Just wanted to share with everyone who's struggling with weight loss. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

Alison Faraday
04-21-2007, 10:23 PM
I would like to find some that really work. As a substitute though, fizzy water is good for filling you up. Just drink a whole glass before a meal.

Also eating/doing this before going shopping is good too, since it stops you buying as much.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-24-2007, 10:36 AM
I would like to find some that really work. As a substitute though, fizzy water is good for filling you up. Just drink a whole glass before a meal.

Also eating/doing this before going shopping is good too, since it stops you buying as much.

Aly, A few UK Tgirls has told me that the new fad in europe is "laxative addiction" (to lose/control weight). Is that true? :?

~Kisses.

HTG

bassman2546
04-24-2007, 10:56 AM
My advice, stay away from ALL diet pills. Too many people want the easy way out today. In general, people are lazy and impatient when it comes to weight loss. The bottom line? Exercise and eating properly for a healthy, long-term weight loss is the way to go. You are not depriving your body of certain calories (e.g. beneficial complex carbs) and you are not pumping your body full of pills not knowing what the side effects could be.

Get off your ass people and go to the gym!

scorpion
04-24-2007, 10:58 AM
Some links four you to read Hara_Juku.
http://www.fruit-eze.com/conditions/Laxative.html
http://www.pale-reflections.com/bulimia.asp?page=2
http://www.healthyplace.com/Communities/Eating_Disorders/Site/transcripts/medical_risks_eating_disorders.asp
http://www.doctorslounge.com/gastroenterology/forums/backup/topic-12659.html

TJT
04-24-2007, 11:05 AM
Many people have minor seizure disorders and don't know it. If you use the over the counter speed marketed as diet pills your risk of having a seizure goes way up.

I learned about my seizure disorder via taking Sudafed for a stuffy nose. It's modeled after the ephedra that is the active ingredient in most of these OTC diet drugs

If you're driving a car and have a seizure,it's not only your life you're putting in danger.

These damned drugs are nothing to take lightly.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-24-2007, 11:05 AM
Some links four you to read Hara_Juku.
http://www.fruit-eze.com/conditions/Laxative.html
http://www.pale-reflections.com/bulimia.asp?page=2
http://www.healthyplace.com/Communities/Eating_Disorders/Site/transcripts/medical_risks_eating_disorders.asp
http://www.doctorslounge.com/gastroenterology/forums/backup/topic-12659.html

Thanks scorpion. It's not actually for me. LOL I just brought it up here so I can continue this and give more info's about the subject for fellow tgirls at my forum. Thankyou. I know someone's ear's out there is literally PLUGGED into this thread! :lol:

~Kisses.

HTG

Alison Faraday
04-24-2007, 01:03 PM
Aly, A few UK Tgirls has told me that the new fad in europe is "laxative addiction" (to lose/control weight). Is that true? :?

~Kisses.

HTG

Well not strictly, but maybe. The thing with most disorders is that people won't talk about them openly. I've tried laxatives yet the ones over the counter aren't hugely effective when you're eating very little anyway.

What I have found to be hugely effective as a laxative are a particular brand of sugar free mints. It says on the packet that they have 'laxative effects' and that they certainly do. A box of them will have a significant effect. It was quite accidental finding them really, I was out driving from A to B and started farting like crazy. And then when I got home 2-hours later, well. What can I say?

I have found with constant gyming that I tend to put on weight if anything, and that's really annoying. At my lowest about 2-years ago I was 9-stones-6-pounds (132lbs, 60KGs). At the moment I'm hovering around about 10-stones-5-pounds (145lbs, 65KGs) which I'm not exactly happy about. Up until I had my breast augmentation I was a safe 140lbs, and silicone has a density of about 1.1grams per 1ml, so.. 500ml * 1.1 = 500 grams = 1.21lbs.

There's alot of stigma attached with all of these things, and as maybe you saw before I revised the original post I am bulimic. I'll eat a massive amount of food then just bring it all up. The driving forces to do that I think come from a feeling of inadequatecy to be wholly honest about it. It's difficult. If you don't do it for say a week then you'll end up putting on 5-lbs and worrying about it, prompting another week of not eating all day and bringing up your evening meal religiously.

It's not really something that troubles me, as in a way I quite enjoy purging. You get used to it. It's genuinely satisfying to know that you just enjoyed eating a meal and that you're not going to be putting on any weight on as a result of it. The after effects I find are significant tiredness to the point where I can barely keep my eyes open.

All of these come about when being bombarded with images of those who are otherwise competition. It's a bit of a doubled edged sword in some ways. You get emails telling you how brilliant you are yet they don't know how you do it. Also those mails may not neccesarily be coming from who you want them to be coming from. You want recognition and love from those you desperately seek to emulate.

The whole thing. The whole scene even is incredibly shallow. You only need read most of the threads on here. Shallow barely even covers it, it's practically bordering on sad. But either way you still become affected by it and drawn into that void. It's very confusing.

I've said this before and been criticised for it, We Are At the Top. "No you're not!" Well actually yes we are as where else is there to go? We're adult sex workers to put it in a nut shell. What is there? More shoots? More videos? More cocks? What is there? I mean, I'm there and there's nothing here. No one has waved a carrot in front of me promising gold, they just say that it's there and that's that. It's something which we discuss privately amongst ourselves and rarely comes out in the open. But in all reality there is nothing here. There certainly isn't spiritual relief or love for your soul.

This is all a bit like a celebrity A-list competition within this very small scene. Alot of people aspire to become famous, yet they don't appreciate the price of that fame. If it feeds their ego then ok so be it. Yet if they're just a regular person who got there by chance, then it can be very overwhelming. Luckily where we are no one really knows any of us. If you stopped 100-people in the street, not one of them would know who anyone is. That could be a blessing in disguise.

So, what is this all about while diverting back to eating disorders, slimming pills, and laxatives. Why are people doing it? Why does anyone do it? And particularly, why is it happening within the transgendered scene?

As already mentioned, we have a little miniature celebrity club going on here. They can't get it in real life or succeed outside of the bubble, so they make do here. This is their stimulation. Looking at the mainstream modelling industry, almost the same unwritten rules are applied. People want to be known, and they want to achieve something. It's nice to be known. Again, depending on how big their egos are. The people supposedly at the top have very big egos to be fed, yet they are not actually happy. They'll say they're happy. Yet they're not. Is that not lying to oneself? Does that not completely defeat the purpose of doing it in the firstplace?

And onto the eating disorders. Theirs is the desire that beauty is the must have. Being thin is beautiful. Being an image of the Greek mythology is the healer of the suffering soul. But is it? Well I don't know. But it is nice to be admired. In this confused world we live in it is comforting to be recognised. And at times we just go on auto-pilot to block out that lack of recognition. Be it diet pills or whatever to get there.

"Beauty comes from within." They're the words spoken by the unbeautiful, and the beautiful who want to be loved. "I am a nice person," is another spoken by the thoroughly un-nice. Does beauty come from within? Well in a way yes it does. Since an attitude influences the body, and that attitude exudes itself in what we do.

Confidence. Acceptance. Admiration. Acknowledgement. Needed. Loved. These are all emotional needs of human beings. And to get there we will do anything it takes.

There is this belief that humans do not have feelings.

mikejones
04-24-2007, 02:55 PM
Wow, Alison. What a great post. You took a relatively trivial topic and used it to create a very thought provoking philosophical commentary.

I have no thoughts or opinions on diet pills, but I can appreciate your comments in a broader and general way and feel that they are very relevant to my life.

While I do feel happy, I think it's more due to luck than any specific activities on my part. I spend a great deal of time working to have money and to have a life that makes me "happy". But when I really reflect on it, the things I am working for are not what makes me happy. It's my girl, my family, my coworkers. Spending time with these people is what makes me happy.

Great post!

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-24-2007, 05:07 PM
So, what is this all about while diverting back to eating disorders, slimming pills, and laxatives. Why are people doing it? Why does anyone do it? And particularly, why is it happening within the transgendered scene?

As already mentioned, we have a little miniature celebrity club going on here. They can't get it in real life or succeed outside of the bubble, so they make do here. This is their stimulation. Looking at the mainstream modelling industry, almost the same unwritten rules are applied. People want to be known, and they want to achieve something. It's nice to be known. Again, depending on how big their egos are. The people supposedly at the top have very big egos to be fed, yet they are not actually happy. They'll say they're happy. Yet they're not. Is that not lying to oneself? Does that not completely defeat the purpose of doing it in the firstplace?

And onto the eating disorders. Theirs is the desire that beauty is the must have. Being thin is beautiful. Being an image of the Greek mythology is the healer of the suffering soul. But is it? Well I don't know. But it is nice to be admired. In this confused world we live in it is comforting to be recognised. And at times we just go on auto-pilot to block out that lack of recognition. Be it diet pills or whatever to get there.

"Beauty comes from within." They're the words spoken by the unbeautiful, and the beautiful who want to be loved. "I am a nice person," is another spoken by the thoroughly un-nice. Does beauty come from within? Well in a way yes it does. Since an attitude influences the body, and that attitude exudes itself in what we do.

Confidence. Acceptance. Admiration. Acknowledgement. Needed. Loved. These are all emotional needs of human beings. And to get there we will do anything it takes.

There is this belief that humans do not have feelings.

I agree! Words fit right to a T. It's a shame that society as a whole dictates what is deemed beautiful and what is not. Shame we all have to live up some very unrealistic expectations..Unless ofcourse you're 200/300 plus pounds and having breathing (health problems), your neck is disappearing, you've been a host for awhile for some cinnabon rolls on your waist etc. then you know that it's mighty time to get in shape! LOL :evil:

In todays world, If one isnt handsome and or pretty enough facially and or are follicaly challenged..they try and over compensate by having a sexy/lean/muscular (whatever the case may be) bodies and so on..I think it boils down to feeling accepted and happpy with yourself!

~Kisses.

HTG

MonsieurValentine
04-24-2007, 05:57 PM
uhm, have you guys seen requiem for a dream?