PDA

View Full Version : Why do we get Morning wood?

Silklove
04-20-2007, 04:36 PM
Why do we get morning wood everyday? does everyone get it?

wombat33
04-20-2007, 04:38 PM

dO STOP URINE FROM COMING OUT AND PEEING OURSELVES OR BECAUSE YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN DREAMING OF THESE KILLER T-GIRL HOTTIES.

OR.........SOME GUY FROM PRISON ESCAPED AND BLEW YOU IN YOUR SLEEP.

HMMMMMMMMMMM

MacShreach
04-20-2007, 05:22 PM
Dunno 'bout everyone, I do.

Is it so we have somewhere to hang the towel while shaving?

Vala_TS
04-20-2007, 06:12 PM
It has something to do with the blood vessels filling up at night, beyond that I don't remember much.

Vala,

Caff_Racer
04-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Dunno 'bout everyone, I do.

Is it so we have somewhere to hang the towel while shaving?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Might also be useful for hanging the good old Brut "soap on a string" when you're having a shower... :lol:

Kriss
04-20-2007, 06:32 PM

How old are you man? your choice of topics makes me think you are about 15

MacShreach
04-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Whatever, he's got me laughing.

Tobe
04-20-2007, 06:39 PM
In most men, it happens throughout the night when they are in rapid eye movement (REM) sleep. If you wake up from REM sleep or shortly after REM sleep you will notice "morning wood."

REM sleep is believed to be the time during which you dream. Also, your entire body is paralyzed except for the diaphragm (so that you can breathe) and the muscles around the eyes (for some odd reason). This paralysis is presumabely so that you do not act out your dream.

Also, during REM sleep, there is a cholinergic storm in which the parasymapathetic autonomic nervous system is activated while the sympathetic system is relatively silent. This likely causes erections during sleep. The function of nocturnal erections is a mystery.

MacShreach
04-20-2007, 06:47 PM
The function of nocturnal erections is a mystery.

Really? I thought it was just automated despunkification.

ottorocket
04-20-2007, 07:13 PM
The function of nocturnal erections is a mystery.

Really? I thought it was just automated despunkification.
bwahahahah thats the funniest thing i've read in awhile..lol

Silklove
04-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Am in my Late 20s honest.

Tobe Good post.

SarahG
04-20-2007, 09:08 PM
-deleted-

Tobe
04-20-2007, 10:11 PM
SarahG,
It's highly variable. Not having morning erections is not necessarily abnormal. It depends on what time in your sleep cycle you wake up. I guess the best chance is if you are woken up in the middle of a dream... It also probably depends on your own sleep cycle... everyone is somewhat different (and sleep/dreaming are poorly understood).

Parisien
04-20-2007, 10:28 PM
Actually, its to do with the peak in testosterone levels in your body..........7/8 am, to ensure you are "safer"...if you have to do the whole flight or fight thingy.....at dawn is when the human animal is at its most vulnerable from attack from animals/humans.......in other words prepared for all eventualities.....:)

Tobe
04-21-2007, 12:07 AM
Yes, testosterone is usually highest in the morning, but nocturnal erections happen throughout the night at set intervals during REM sleep.

A sympathetic (fight or flight response) tends to cause one to lose an erection. From an evolutionary standpoint: if your life is on the line, it's probaly not a good time to fuck...

dgtlmstry
04-21-2007, 01:03 AM
wtf ever. Ive always gotten wood, regardless of when i went to sleep, woke up, ate dinner, took a piss, or last whacked off. Just enjoy it "SILKlove"

mikey_stl
04-21-2007, 01:07 AM
I don't care why I get it; I just wish I had
somebody there to take care of it.

Somedude21
04-21-2007, 01:16 AM
I heard that the reason for it was that we have mini erotic dreams during the course of our sleep--whether they're remembered or not in the morning.

Parisien
04-21-2007, 10:12 AM
Yes, testosterone is usually highest in the morning, but nocturnal erections happen throughout the night at set intervals during REM sleep.

A sympathetic (fight or flight response) tends to cause one to lose an erection. From an evolutionary standpoint: if your life is on the line, it's probaly not a good time to fuck...

True...but this is a side effect of same.......having said that the last infamous British hangman Mr Pierrepoint, noted that a proportion of his clients moments before they died, or whilst being hung, developed erections........ :twisted:

PhilHurup
04-21-2007, 01:32 PM

I don't know but man it feels so good!

Silklove
04-21-2007, 04:21 PM
A lot of interesting views everyone.

Vala_TS
04-21-2007, 05:00 PM
It must be a guy thing, I've never had "morning wood"- not even before hrt.

I've never had a wet dream or even a dream with sexual content either.

But I don't claim to be normal so perhaps I am just an oddball with this.

Hey! I'm a TG (just starting, no hormones yet) and I have gotten them! I've had many dreams of a sexual nature. I love when that happens.

Vala,

Zenki
04-22-2007, 07:24 AM
It is caused by a release of testosterone that occurs near the end of the sleep cycle.

classydtwngrl
04-22-2007, 08:14 AM
Actually, its to do with the peak in testosterone levels in your body..........7/8 am, to ensure you are "safer"...if you have to do the whole flight or fight thingy.....at dawn is when the human animal is at its most vulnerable from attack from animals/humans.......in other words prepared for all eventualities.....:)

ahhhhhhhh so that explains why i dont wake up with wood anymore
:lol: :lol:

johnie
04-22-2007, 08:22 AM
Despite what you have been told, morning wood is a sign of a serious and life threatening condition. Silklove, I suggest you kill yourself immediately so that you do not die a HORRIBLE and PAINFUL death.