PDA

View Full Version : Grindhouse

tical777
04-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Did a

deadlyray
04-20-2007, 01:33 PM
The first one was okay, but the second one, QT's movie was boring. The only reason I stayed is because the women are fine as hell... and that BARELY kept me there.

Long and boring!!! Just wait for the DVD to come out and break it up.

DonPA
04-20-2007, 08:12 PM
A friend and I were planning on seeing it tonight, but it is already out of the theaters in our area. I guess we'll be waiting for DVD.

kusumrani
04-20-2007, 08:23 PM
Well against contrary views, I found it absolutely amazing. The first one i do declare was a bit out there grose wise, but the second was a brilliant joy ride. You gals really need to watch it in the theater, its ment for a theater viewing, not really home viewing.

crayons
04-20-2007, 10:50 PM
It was boring. I have never understood why anyone likes QT. All his films are rehashes of pervious films and this is no exception. Why not just get original Grindhouse films instead of getting this garbage?

DonPA
04-20-2007, 10:56 PM
I'm not a fan of QT either, but I wanted to see these movies.

Harrys Boy
04-21-2007, 12:06 AM
I was a big fan of QT after his first 2 movies, but now i'm tired of him constantly paying homage to genres that were rubbish in the first place, he will probably be paying homage to the empty big budget flops of the 70's next.

Mustard_Plug
04-21-2007, 12:23 AM
Actually he's doing a war epic in vein of the movies like "The Dirty Dozen" "Longest Day" of the 60's, and I saw grindhouse and actually prefered Death Proof over Planet Terror.

crayons
04-21-2007, 12:47 AM
No he isn't. His next film is a kung-fu film in chinese with English subtitles i.e. Another pointless homage.

Mustard_Plug
04-21-2007, 12:50 AM
Ughh yeah he is, its called Inglorious Bastards, the movie you are refering to is an idea he had for another grindhouse type of film if the current grind house movie had done well. He wanted to shoot an kung fu movie in mandarian and subtitle it, that was after he did inglorious bastards though.

Harrys Boy
04-21-2007, 01:58 AM
Just wondering when paying homage suddenly becomes ripping off old ideas?

Mustard_Plug
04-21-2007, 03:19 AM
Well theres always a fine line between homage and ripping off, ripping off to me would be stealing the exact dialouge, camera movements, and direction. I mean edgar wright, director of Shaun of the Dead and now Hot Fuzz, pretty makes it apparent hes paying homage to the films he loved growing up, and Quentin does the same, I mean most directors at some point pay homage to other director or films they loved in the past, I can name at least five films that use the camera style from evil dead and evil dead 2.