PDA

View Full Version : (off-topic) Chocolate!!!

whatsupwithat
04-20-2007, 05:23 AM
Eating some amazing minty chocolate chip ice cream and I think's it time I fess up to the board.

My name is whatsupwithat and I'm a chocoholic.

I can't stop!!!

:crazy <<<<what i look like when eating chocolate.

hwbs
04-20-2007, 06:08 AM
what i had last night ...mint cookie ice cream :lol:

Quinn
04-20-2007, 06:24 AM
I had chocalate truffles tonight after someone gave them to me as a gift. Yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Quinn

Ecstatic
04-20-2007, 06:38 AM
I'm a chocophiliac, not a chocoholic. A chocoholic has to have a chocolate fix, no matter the quality: could be Lindt 87% dark chocolate or Nestles Crunch, Vosges Aboriginal Truffles or Hersey's Kisses. I only crave the richest, purest, highest quality dark chocolates, my favorite (though Vosges is superb) being the Divine Chocolatier in Montreal, who make incredible truffles. For a bar, Lindt and many others are great, but try Green & Black's Organic...mmmm.

kalina
04-20-2007, 06:41 AM
A friend of mine sent me a box of truffles from here...

http://www.bernardcallebaut.com

All different kinds. They were awesome!

Ecstatic
04-20-2007, 06:42 AM
Kalina, next time I'm in Montreal I'll pick you up some from the Divine Chocolatier! Of course, that also means dinner at Morimoto.... ;)

Kriss
04-20-2007, 07:24 AM
Green & Black's 'maya gold' , Lindt do an excellent one called 'CUBA', The Dutch have the best chocolate, very hard to find shit chocolate over there, here in england p[eople accept pure garbage , barely a sniff of cocoa near our "chocolate", mostly sugar and milk solids. Good chocolate is cheap in netherlands too, a bar for 75 euro cents (50 pence or $1) would cost £1.20 ($2.40ish?) here. :soapbox

wombat33
04-20-2007, 08:26 AM
Eating some amazing minty chocolate chip ice cream and I think's it time I fess up to the board.

I can't stop!!!

Juat ate an entire "Toblerone" chocolate bar with honey nougat and almonds tonight. YUM!!!!!!

wombat33
04-20-2007, 08:28 AM
I'm a chocophiliac, not a chocoholic. A chocoholic has to have a chocolate fix, no matter the quality: could be Lindt 87% dark chocolate or Nestles Crunch, Vosges Aboriginal Truffles or Hersey's Kisses. I only crave the richest, purest, highest quality dark chocolates, my favorite (though Vosges is superb) being the Divine Chocolatier in Montreal, who make incredible truffles. For a bar, Lindt and many others are great, but try Green & Black's Organic...mmmm.

Do you like Droste? Lindt is my personal favorite.

kalina
04-20-2007, 02:06 PM
Kalina, next time I'm in Montreal I'll pick you up some from the Divine Chocolatier! Of course, that also means dinner at Morimoto.... ;)

Cool with me :)

BeardedOne
04-20-2007, 02:42 PM
How can chocolate possibly be considered "off topic"? :roll:

I think I'm a chocoholic, by E's definition, but like the high-end wino, I prefer my swill with the screw-on cap. :wink:

Droste, Lindt, Tobler, Godiva.

Anyone that lived in Boston during the golden age of electric railways (Read that as: When Boston still had its 'el') can recall riding the el train into Sullivan Square in Charlestown and enjoying the midday aroma of chocolate in the air as you rolled past the Schraft's plant there. The delightfull scent stayed in the train for quite some time. Perhaps why Orange Line commuters from the north were so much more laid-back.

There was also a chocolate company near Lechmere, in Cambridge, and riding in on the trolley was always a joy when the plant was up to speed.

BeardedOne
04-20-2007, 02:57 PM
Best driving directions:

"Meet me at the corner of East Chocolate and Cocoa Ave."

Where else but in Hershey, PA? :)

wombat33
04-20-2007, 04:08 PM

I can't stop!!!

IF YOU WANT TO TRY A NEW CHOCOLATE THRILL CHECK OUT THE SANTA FE CHOCOLATE COMPANY. THEY MAKE SO MANY INTERESTING CHOCOLATES INCLUDING INFUSING JALEPENO PEPPERS INTO SOME OF THE CREMES IN THE CENTER.

CRAZY.......BUT I TRIED IT AND IT IS A DELIGHTFUL LITTLE SWEET STING.

Ecstatic
04-20-2007, 04:31 PM
How can chocolate possibly be considered "off topic"? :roll:

I think I'm a chocoholic, by E's definition, but like the high-end wino, I prefer my swill with the screw-on cap. :wink:

Droste, Lindt, Tobler, Godiva.

Anyone that lived in Boston during the golden age of electric railways (Read that as: When Boston still had its 'el') can recall riding the el train into Sullivan Square in Charlestown and enjoying the midday aroma of chocolate in the air as you rolled past the Schraft's plant there. The delightfull scent stayed in the train for quite some time. Perhaps why Orange Line commuters from the north were so much more laid-back.

There was also a chocolate company near Lechmere, in Cambridge, and riding in on the trolley was always a joy when the plant was up to speed.
How I miss the el! Where was that one point where the el made an abrupt 90 degree turn and always screeched like a crazy amusement park ride? LOL

Schraft's was like the Wonder Bread Bakery in Natick on Speen St at Rte 9: the product was pretty awful, but it sure smelled great!