PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan's ex-wife's settlement ,18 years of marriage

Fox
04-18-2007, 07:18 AM
I almost went though with a sham marriage for immigration (damn that would've been stupid...), but nope, no experience here.

$150 mil... I can't even imagine...

tsntx
04-18-2007, 08:00 AM
if she stands to get that much then im sure she earned it. 18yrs of marriage who knows what went on behind closed doors but regardless hes got tons more for himself its not like hell ever miss that 150 mill.

TJT
04-18-2007, 09:21 AM
The point is they're settling. In community property states,spouses entitled to half of all marital assets.

If there is no pre-nup and Jordan' wife wanted to be a hardass,she could take him to the cleaners.

The McCartney divorce is going to be a lulu. Sir Paul passed on the pre-nup as there was "no need". What a moron.

You think he would've wised up to the real world after Micheal Jackson took him to the cleaners on the Beatles catalogue 20 years ago?

blaxican
04-18-2007, 09:27 AM
if she stands to get that much then im sure she earned it. 18yrs of marriage who knows what went on behind closed doors but regardless hes got tons more for himself its not like hell ever miss that 150 mill.

Normally, I'm usually against these outlandish settlements which are always in favor of the woman, but in this case she deserves every penny.

She was with him before he went pro I believe, had his children, and put up with the gambling, cheating, him constantly being on the road, etc. for 18 years.

So, good for her.

Jamie Michelle
04-18-2007, 11:00 AM

Let's be literal with our words here. Michael Jordan is the one who actually earned that money. Unless Juanita was a whore who was being paid by Michael for the time elapsed with him, then she didn't earn any of that money. Last I heard, the owner of the Chicago Bulls didn't hire and make a contract with Juanita--rather, he did so with Michael, because it was Michael's talents that he thought worthy enough to pay the amount of money he did.

As far as what is literally agreed upon, all marriage typically is is a promise to love and be faithful to each other. In the standard marriage, no wage is outlined for one or either of the partners to pay the other. So in literal terms, one partner doesn't earn anything merely because they were married to another.

Quinn
04-18-2007, 06:01 PM
If one spouse earns or is worth that much more than the other, it's up to them to get a pre-nup. If they don't, they get what they deserve. A fool and his (or her) money are soon parted.

-Quinn

Quinn
04-18-2007, 07:10 PM
But, why is money involved?
It has been my experience that whatever its initial imputus, divorce almost always boils down to a struggle over the division of communal assets and who gets the children (and pets), if either are present.

Where does it stop? :?:
There's the million dollar question that I couldn't even begin to answer. It's getting way out of hand though.

-Quinn

BlackAdder
04-18-2007, 07:27 PM
Id say after 18 years that yeah, she probably earned it..

But in situations like Anna Nicole Smith...what, thats was less then a year wasnt it?? NO WAY she earned that....

I think 5 million would have covered any therapy she needed afterwards from taking his old wrinkled cock.

I think there should be a time clause....Like after so many years invested you get so much of a return should you split. Sad to say, but then its 2007....Its a new $$$ world.

keed444
04-18-2007, 07:42 PM
hey im from vegas...and mike is known as a stiff meaning HE DOES NOT TIP...so fuck him

Realgirls4me
04-20-2007, 12:16 AM
hey im from vegas...and mike is known as a stiff meaning HE DOES NOT TIP...so fuck him

Tiger Woods is also known as a tightwad tipper. :roll:

Michael Jordan's philandering and selfish tight fisted money grubbing practices are legion. Yes, one might want to temper that previous statement with some media sensationalism at play because that certainly does happen, but there are just too many stories like this linked to him to simply ignore it or sweep it underneath the rug as coincidence.
Beside his ties with Nike, my favorite story on him came from an article I read several years ago about him going to Virginia(?) to ostensibly aid the flood victims of that area at the time. His aid? Passing out Hanes underwear -- a company he endorses -- to the flood victims, some who supposedly were third cousins of him. Jordan is a hollow human being incapable of speaking about anything beyond basketball, much less recognizing where he came from and actually giving something back ala Warrick Dunn or Magic Johnson. Jim Brown, the former Cleveland running back great has been one of his harshish critics.

And, no, setting up a foundation for the Boys Club is not really giving back. It's a tax write off to hoard more of his millions. I hope Jaunita gets even more in some way. I can't feel and don't want to feel for him.

My rant for the day! :)

BeardedOne
04-20-2007, 01:17 AM
The reason that the American divorce rate is 50% is because the other 50% can't afford the legal fees.

south ov da border
05-03-2007, 11:01 AM
speaking of MJ

voy4her
08-01-2007, 03:10 AM
Michael Jordan, Steven Speilberg, Neil Diamond Top 'Most Expensive Celeb Divorce' List

April 13, 2007 12:09 p.m. EST

Danielle George - All Headline News Staff

(BANG) - Steven Spielberg and Neil Diamond have topped a list of the 10 most expensive celebrity divorces, compiled by Forbes.com.

The legendary director paid Amy Irving $100 million - half of his fortune at the time - when they divorced after four years of marriage in 1989.

Spielberg, who is now worth $3 billion, was beaten to the top spot by basketball legend Michael Jordan.

The pending divorce between Jordan and his wife Juanita, who have been married for 18 years, is set to be the most expensive celebrity divorce ever. Jordan earned an estimated $350 million during their marriage, and Juanita stands to receive more than $150 million.

Neil Diamond, in second place, married TV production assistant Marcia Murphey in 1969, before he released his first gold record 'Touching You, Touching Me'.

By the late 70s, Diamond was one of the world's most successful solo artists - earning more than $14 million annually. Murphey filed for divorce in 1994, after 25 years of marriage and was given a $150 million settlement.

Harrison Ford is named in fourth place after his divorce from Melissa Mathison in 2004 cost him $85 million.

Ford, who married Mathison in 1983, became one of Hollywood's highest-paid actors during their union - making $20 million a film.

Mathison also received a percentage of Ford's future earnings from films he made while they were married.

Kevin Costner rounds up the top five, after ex-wife Cindy Silva was awarded $80 million. The couple married in 1978, before divorcing 16 years later.

Sir Paul McCartney's pending divorce to Heather Mills is likely to cost him more than $60 million - earning him the sixth spot in the poll. The Beatles' legend is worth an estimated $700 million.

Michael Douglas, director James Cameron and Lionel Ritchie also made the top 10, while Jerry Hall's divorce from Rolling Stones singer Sir Mick Jagger netted her $15 to $20 million. The former model filed for divorce in 1999, after learning Jagger had fathered another woman's child.

Jagger - worth an estimated $325 million at the time - successfully contested the legality of their Bali wedding and Hall received a fraction of Jagger's estate.

10 Most Expensive Celebrity Divorces by Forbes.com:

1 Michael and Juanita Jordan - divorce pending, possibly more than $150 million

2 Neil Diamond and Marica Murphey - estimated settlement $150 million

3 Steven Spielberg and Amy Irving - estimated settlement $100 million

4. Harrison Ford and Melissa Mathison - estimated settlement $85 million

5. Kevin Costner and Cindy Silva - estimated settlement $80 million

6. Paul McCartney and Heather Mills - divorce pending, possibly more than $60 million

7. James Cameron and Linda Hamilton - estimated settlement $50 million

8. Michael and Diandra Douglas - estimated settlement $45 million

9. Lionel and Diane Richie - estimated settlement $20 million

10. Mick Jagger and Jerry Hall - estimated settlement $15 to $25 million

link (http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7007037769)

Is anyone here actually married or was previously married and had to deal with this type of separation? Something is very wrong with America... :?:

How much did Roman Abramovich's wife get?

hondarobot
08-01-2007, 04:03 AM
This thread got bumped out of nowhere. Interesting read, though. Steven
Spielberg is worth 3 billion?! Holy crap.

I personally don't believe in divorce settlements of any kind. Pre-nups, "you keep yours, I'll keep mine" should just be a standard agreement in all situations.