PDA

View Full Version : Happy Festivus for the rest of us...

TeeLover
12-25-2004, 02:04 AM
Oh, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay,
I sleep all night and I work all day.

I FART in your general direction!

I don't usually have any problem with what other people find funny. It's like someone eating something that I don't like. OK - no problem. I'm amazed when I hear these whiney little "EWWWW!"'s when it's not in a persons "fave list" of food. Those people I tend to avoid because of what I perceive to be a radical difference in maturity levels. A bowl of cow shit sprinkled with maggots could merit an "EWWW", but brussle sprouts? Strikes me the same way that nitwit Paris Hilton does.

A difference in humor appreciation can always make for some interesting banter. The different ways that people "hear" the same joke can be numerous. I can display a very dry wit that many don't understand or are too overly sensitive to even look for the humor. Some people will have tears in their eyes and others will have tears in the eyes.

Carlin is great. When he first started out I used to think he was a riot but looking back on some old video he really wasn't that funny. For the time he was, tho. The Hippy Dippy Weatherman was good - for the times. Now that he's fully attacking the overly sensitive pussified public I think he's pure genius.

Cosby was good back in the day. He could tell a funny story without any profanity or "blueness" in the tale.

David Spade and Pauly Shore? Never got it - never will.

Sam Kennison I enjoyed as well. Always related to his work. Dice Man? All he did was take a bunch of bullshit that you could find in any New York bar 30 years ago and make money with it. At least that's what a lot of us old New Yorkers from back then feel about it.

While I don't have any problem with people who appreciate different forms of humor any more than those with different musical tastes, I do have a problem with people that feel compelled to act out routines during a conversation as if it were their own personality.

That and people who think that "U" is a word...