PDA

View Full Version : Acquiring female mannerisms

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-12-2007, 03:45 AM
Part I - Hand Gestures
One of things you will want to do when looking at your fingernails. Whether you pressed them on, had them professionally done, or painted them yourself; you will want to extend your fingers wide and hold your palm out.

Men tend to curl their fingers and bring them close to their face. Women will extend their fingers with their palm out and admire them from afar.

Another mannerism you will want to get used to is when you go to adjust your hair to pull it way from your checks or eyes. Don't curl your fingers up and stroke the hair away. Instead, extend your fingers, this time holding them together, and flip it with the back of your finger-nails and fingers. A little head motion is also helpful. Flipping hair is one way to subtly flirt a little as well.

Whenever you are clutching something or making a fist for any reason don't curl your fingers under. Let the pads of your finger tips touch your palm instead so that you can see the nails very clearly. Sometimes when you are walking swiftly you may hold your arm straight down with your hand in this fist position. The goal is to help reduce the amount of jiggle in your breasts. If you are wearing silicone breast forms or if you have your own breasts you know what I'm talking about.

If you are sitting at a table and want to lean your chin on your hand try the following. Place your elbow on the table extending your arm up vertically and let your hand relax. Rest your chin on top of the back of your hand. Or by extending your thumb and first finger out. Place your other three fingers in the fist position described above and place your chin in the L formed by the two fingers such that your finger extends up by your cheek.

Part II - Sitting
The key to sitting is to remember to keep your thighs together. I don't know how many groups I've been to and social events where "guys in drag" are sitting with their legs spread apart. If you have larger thighs you might try crossing your legs at the ankles. If you can manage, cross your legs so both extend down one over the other.

Before sitting down. Back up to the chair until you feel it with the back of your legs. Sit down and brush your skirt from behind to make sure it all comes forward. I like to sit sort of diagonal. I will cross my legs at the ankle and touch the right side of my right calf with the side of the chair or couch. I will then turn my torso a little to the left.

Sometimes I'll cross my right leg underneath my left and sit on it. Both are very comfortable to me.

Your mom always told you to sit up straight. Now is the time to be very conscious of that. If you are fairly masculine and a little heavy you will have a small belly and the more you slouch the more it shows it off. The more you stretch and sit up the more lean and self confident you will look.

Fold your hands in your lap always extending your nails when possible. Try to relax and feel natural.

Part III- Walking
Walking feminine, is one of the most difficult things to learn how to do. Although, once you know the techniques you can practice until you feel you have it right and then practice some more.

Step I - Watch and Learn
I suggest as a first step to take a trip to a busy mall, sit down in a high traffic area and watch women walk. Watch the ones that are in a hurry, those that are taking their time, and others that are talking to their friends. Each walk is subtly different from person to person and what they are doing. Watch someone and close your eyes and imagine your self walking in their place so that it feels right. Once you have captured a few styles you like then while you are in the mall go find a full length mirror if you do not already have one. You'll need it for practicing.

Step II - Get Ready
The next step is to go home and get dressed if you aren't already. But do not just get dressed. While you are going through your routine, think of yourself as a girl. Throw any traces of masculinity away and just fantasize that this is just another day in your life as a woman getting ready. Adjust your minutes so that when you are done you not only look like a girl but in your mind - you are one.

Step III - Walking Techniques
The basic foundation is simple to understand but it takes a little time to get down. Stand up straight and walk from the hips. Men walk from the legs. Women walk from the hips. Lean back slightly and extend your hips forward and let your legs and feet follow. If you are wearing heels, (you might want to start with 1" or 1/2" heels) be sure to point your toe forward slightly so that your heel and toes come down nearly simultaneously.

Be sure to have a purse with you when you practice. My purses usually have a long shoulder strap that I will wear on my left shoulder. I will clutch the strap with my left hand using the fist that I described above. I will then extend my right arm down relaxing my hand.

Always look up and forward. Never look down at the ground. I see so many crossdressers, especially those new to going out, looking at the ground trying to hide their face. Look up and never forget to smile. If you are nervous, scared, or uptight then it will all show through and you will be read no matter how good you look.

Step IV - Attitude
You have to appear self-confident. You have to love what you are doing and be excited that you are doing it. You have to be in "girl-mode" - if you are worried about getting read then that means you are a "guy in drag" and people will see you that way. You have to condition yourself so that you feel that this is something you do every day and this time is no big deal.

Just be happy, don't worry about any looks you get. Just say to yourself, "I look great and I'm getting the attention a girl should get for looking so good". If you come across with a positive attitude then even if you are read most people will leave you alone

And lastly, to tie them all together as awhole VOICE. Must work on it otherwise everything falls apart. :wink:

SOURCE: http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/Village/8517/tips/tip02.html
__________________________________________________ _____________________

~Kisses.

HTG

backthen
04-12-2007, 03:58 AM
HTG do you sashe(sp?) like shake your ass when you walk?

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-12-2007, 04:12 AM

NO..Not that I'm aware of. LOL I mean I dont feel a "shake" going on is what I'm saying. Maybe I got a firm butt. :P Besides, I havent seen myself walking from behind! :lol: So who knows? Maybe I do (certainly not intentionally) or I dont.

;)

~Kisses.

HTG

SarahG
04-12-2007, 04:59 AM
-deleted-

peggygee
04-12-2007, 05:05 AM
There are probably dozens of things than can get a tgirl 'read'. There is
her physical appearance, her voice, the inapproriate use of the
mannerisms outlined in this article.

One or two of these things out of sync, may not cause anyone's transdar
to go off, as genetic females may manifest some non stereotypical
traits.

However;

Step IV - Attitude
You have to appear self-confident. You have to love what you are doing and be excited that you are doing it. You have to be in "girl-mode" - if you are worried about getting read then that means you are a "guy in drag" and people will see you that way. You have to condition yourself so that you feel that this is something you do every day and this time is no big deal.

In my opinion this is the single most important trait, and can compensate
for a shortfall in other areas.

If a transwoman is acting as if she is uncomfortable in her own skin, this
may alert others that something is 'amiss', and that she ain't 'a miss'.

But if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it is a duck.

That's usually the criteria that people utilize in judging if we are who we
appear to be.

I'd say something is amiss here.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/hes_a_lady_cast_103.jpg

:roll:

peggygee
04-12-2007, 05:12 AM
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/TheMoreyouknow4x2.jpg

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-12-2007, 05:18 AM
Great post Peg! :P

LOL :lol:

~Kisses.

HTG

Foto
04-12-2007, 05:26 AM

NO..Not that I'm aware of. LOL I mean I dont feel a "shake" going on is what I'm saying. Maybe I got a firm butt. :P Besides, I havent seen myself walking from behind! :lol: So who knows? Maybe I do (certainly not intentionally) or I dont.

;)

~Kisses.

HTG

HJ in my mind you have a firm butt with a smart roll of hip that makes you look powerful and girly. I think I have to study this a lot more.

Caleigh
04-12-2007, 06:37 AM
In response to this thread, which in some ways I find horrible
I refer to a thread Kelly Shore recently started that has a
video of a dutch or german TG performer. Watch her walk
from the performance area to the couch. I'm sorry, but she
looks like she is totally uncomfortable in herself, checking
herself every second.
http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=18309&highlight=
My advice for every human is
BE AUTHENTIC. You DON'T need to act a certain way, you
DON'T need to conform to any model of behaviour. You
DO need to be authentic to your deepest self otherwise your
brief time on this incredibly gorgeous piece of the universe
will have been wasted.

Why do I find this thread horrible? Because if you actually
watched women, all women not just those that behave the
most stereotypically, you will notice that there is a huge range
of modes of walking, talking, looking at your nails, having
"nails" at all. This idea that because we are transwomen we
have to overcompensate in some way is sexist and anti-life,
imho.

I'm pretty good at this ranting stuff doncha think?

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-12-2007, 07:48 AM
I dont believe for one second that being AUTHENTIC helps or would automatically make any ts hopeful act, talk, walk, sit, eat, sleep, chew food etc. like a girl. This isnt supposed to be offensive but a mere guideline/s of how most women are. If we all be AUNTENTIC, you are then implying that m to f transexuals should act butch because afterall we all were born males with penises. That to me doesnt make complete sense.

While others might be lucky in being "natural" in adopting these traits or mannerisms..You'd be surprised to know that in other countries (European, Asean and North America), people actually pay for these stuffs called personality development similar to a John Roberts Powers school where parents send their kids to learn social graces and improve self-confidence. In SF alone, alot of transgenders in transition goes through different stages of personality development tied up with their psych sessions which also includes vocal coaching lessons. Who's simple goal is to help one be more comfortable with their new found gender roles and assimilate into society without fear.

This post isnt about stereotypes. It's not about conforming to any model type of behaviour, it's certainly not about overcompensating and being a sexist. It's about being just one of the girls.

The reality of fellow transgenders committing suicide is high based on the misery of being clocked out in public and being ridiculed. :evil:

~Kisses.

HTG

MacShreach
04-12-2007, 12:00 PM
looks like she is totally uncomfortable in herself,

It's Kelly Van Deer. I think you're being a bit harsh on her. That is a very tall girl in very high heels in a studio, where the lighting is so fierce you can hardly see, she has to negotiate some sort of step, which is obviously not well lit, and all this in the highly stressing environment of a live TV talk-show studio. Anyone might feel uncomfortable there and show it in their body language. You would have to see some film of her in a more natural environment, IMHO.

Yes, but you're too nice to be scary.:wink:

It's an interesting thread this and I don't have time to say anything detailed, but it is obvious that transwomen have a problem in that the feminine mannerisms that we are discussing here are learned by little g-girls when they are children amongst other little girls. Transwomen have to learn these later, and leaving aside the difficulty of finding good teachers, learning new habits means unlearning old ones, and if you ask any musician he/she will tell you that's very difficult and usually means you overcompensate--which is one of the giveaways a transwoman has to avoid.

M

mikejones
04-12-2007, 02:56 PM
Yes, very interesting comments from all. As a man I absolutely notice the female mannerisms. I've never analyzed them in that level of detail, but when I see a girl who lacks these it is disappointing. No right or wrong here, just my personal taste.

MacShreach
04-12-2007, 07:35 PM
I'm sorry, but she
looks like she is totally uncomfortable in herself,

In the segment, she crossed her legs from left to right every 35-40 seconds. What does this type of action mean? A sign of social anxiety? I never seen a GG do this before.

Also, the constant, "hair play". What does that mean? All signs of anxiety?

I think so. That looked like a live, at least before studio audience, talk show, and she was right in the hot seat. She may not be the most accomplished performer I've seen in situations like that, but she was by no means the worst either.

Aaaargh! Christ I'm gonna have to get a new keyboard--I really like this one but I've used it so much there are no letters left on half of the keys--I'm fine till I look down and then it's alphabety spaghetti. Sorry O/T

peggygee
04-12-2007, 08:02 PM

~Kisses.

HTG

Thank you Hara, it's a great topic.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/bowdown_192.gif

MacShreach
04-12-2007, 08:09 PM

~Kisses.

HTG

I know it's OT but I love that avatar pic of you Peggy. Looking good.

peggygee
04-12-2007, 08:34 PM
looks like she is totally uncomfortable in herself, checking
herself every second.
http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=18309&highlight=
My advice for every human is
BE AUTHENTIC. You DON'T need to act a certain way, you
DON'T need to conform to any model of behaviour. You
DO need to be authentic to your deepest self otherwise your
brief time on this incredibly gorgeous piece of the universe
will have been wasted.

Why do I find this thread horrible? Because if you actually
watched women, all women not just those that behave the
most stereotypically, you will notice that there is a huge range
of modes of walking, talking, looking at your nails, having
"nails" at all. This idea that because we are transwomen we
have to overcompensate in some way is sexist and anti-life,
imho.

I dont believe for one second that being AUTHENTIC helps or would automatically make any ts hopeful act, talk, walk, sit, eat, sleep, chew food etc. like a girl. This isnt supposed to be offensive but a mere guideline/s of how most women are. If we all be AUNTENTIC, you are then implying that m to f transexuals should act butch because afterall we all were born males with penises. That to me doesnt make complete sense.

While others might be lucky in being "natural" in adopting these traits or mannerisms..You'd be surprised to know that in other countries (European, Asean and North America), people actually pay for these stuffs called personality development similar to a John Roberts Powers school where parents send their kids to learn social graces and improve self-confidence. In SF alone, alot of transgenders in transition goes through different stages of personality development tied up with their psych sessions which also includes vocal coaching lessons. Who's simple goal is to help one be more comfortable with their new found gender roles and assimilate into society without fear.

This post isnt about stereotypes. It's not about conforming to any model type of behaviour, it's certainly not about overcompensating and being a sexist. It's about being just one of the girls.

The reality of fellow transgenders committing suicide is high based on the misery of being clocked out in public and being ridiculed.

As has been stated the range of natal female behavior runs quite the
gamut.

There are the beauty queen types, who must have every hair in place,
their makeup perfectly applied, and the trendiest of fashions.

Then there may be the genetic female who may barely care about her
appearance and is more concerned about dressing for functionality.

With transwomen it often-times seems as if they attempt to emulate the
"Barbie doll' aspect of women. Many tranwomen go for the hypersexual
look.

They dress provocitively, apply too much makeup, sashay and wiggle their
hips in an unnatural way. Sadly their speech comes off with a 'gayboy'
affect, both in it's content and intonation.

In trying to be more woman than a woman, they end up being a caricature
of one, thus they often may not come across convincingly.

Women, whether natal or trans, each have their own unique style. Genetic
women by virtue of modelling the behavior of their Mothers or other
females in their life, learn what is appropriate and acceptable.

Yet within every culture, age range, or other demographic there will be
some latitude as to what is gender appropriate behavior.

Transwomen usually have no one with whom they can model their
behavior. They basically learn it on the job, and it is a trial by fire.

If a woman transitions young she may be able to pick up and adopt
gender appropriate behavior. Those that transition later will find that not
only will they have to learn a new skill set, but un-learn an old one.

peggygee
04-12-2007, 08:45 PM
I know it's OT but I love that avatar pic of you Peggy. Looking good.

Thanks very much for the compliment. :wink:

Aaaargh! Christ I'm gonna have to get a new keyboard--I really like this one but I've used it so much there are no letters left on half of the keys--I'm fine till I look down and then it's alphabety spaghetti. Sorry O/T

I have the same problem with one of my computers, it's a laptop and the
'D' key gets stuck, drives me nuts.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/Animation208.gif

MrsKellyPierce
04-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Caliegh if you want a more feminine "walk" there are other videos of her I think she was just rushing back to the couch. Kelly at least had the gull to sing in front of all those people live and even making her voice real deep on the couch I think that takes more confidence to Laugh at yourself than overacting femininty. I didn't see anything on feminine. She's not the best dancer but she never claimed to be either. But if you want to see "supermodel" over "exagerrated" walking here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMkqtRxvrcs

She'll walk the runway for ya lol

A more everyday environment for you lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N13z9UWp8Nw

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-12-2007, 09:09 PM

~Kisses.

HTG

Thankyou Peg. I just thought I'd share and give something back to our community. :P

~Kisses.

HTG

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-12-2007, 09:12 PM
I see this everyday.

:banghead :frustrated

You see trannies everyday Mike? :?

~Kisses.

HTG

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-12-2007, 09:36 PM
I see this everyday.

:banghead :frustrated

You see trannies everyday Mike? :?

~Kisses.

HTG

Yes, on the public transit to work. They make it so obvious with exactly what Miss P said. The whole Sashay and the flicking of the hair, and the every 5 minutes pulling out the hand mirror, over dose of make up. The hand motions, the crossing of the legs. Strutting hard, "Heeeeyyyyyy boo boo"... Unnecessary ad-libs while on a cell phone call that has very little signal strength in a tunnel of people. :roll:

Oh lawrd! LOL That story was pretty funny. It'd alot different here in L.A. Since setting foot here, I have not seen not even one trannie out in public. Maybe they're all nucturnal. It's weird.

~Kisses.

HTG

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-13-2007, 07:04 AM
Transwomen usually have no one with whom they can model their
behavior. They basically learn it on the job, and it is a trial by fire.

If a woman transitions young she may be able to pick up and adopt
gender appropriate behavior. Those that transition later will find that not
only will they have to learn a new skill set, but un-learn an old one.

You've said it best Peg! Well put..thankyou.

~Kisses.

HTG

wendy48088
04-13-2007, 06:11 PM
* Deleted *

wendy48088
04-13-2007, 06:13 PM
* Deleted *

tsmandy
04-13-2007, 08:56 PM
In theory I find the concept of "gender appropriate behavior" oppressive and demeaning, and I can understand why Caleigh would respond with frustration. In practicality, I need to pass when I go about my daily life, and female mannerisms are an important part of that.

I don't think these two stances are mutually exclusive. That is, I believe that women, men, and everyone else should be free to dress, act, think, walk, talk, laugh, fuck and cry however they want without worrying about gender conformity. I also believe that women have every right to find power and peace through ultra feminine behavior. Too often people think that you can either be a feminist or you can be a femme, and thats a shitty dichotomy. I love contradiction, one day you might find me in sneakers and jeans running through the woods with no makeup on, and the next you might find me in heels all dolled up, and that doesn't make me "part time".

http://mandytgirl.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mandytgirl/

BeardedOne
04-13-2007, 09:45 PM
Unnecessary ad-libs while on a cell phone call that has very little signal strength in a tunnel of people.

Sounds like the Orange Line, between North Station and Essex/Chinatown. That's been one strange alley since 1908.

I've only just skimmed this thread, but a lot of what I see is notes on 'affectation' rather than 'emulation', both a bit of reach for anyone.

Speaking as one who has had as lovers GGs (Or, more accurately 3Gs) that could dress, drive, fart, belch, and ride with the best of us, so much of this stuff is plain lost on many men (And if it is women that you are trying to 'convince', then that is another topic entirely). Women (TG or GG) will never quite 'get it' as concerns men and if they are doing this dance for the GGs of the world, it's just a waste as most of them aren't worth playing to.

Get over it, ferchrissakes! Be your damned SELVES. :soapbox

I love contradiction, one day you might find me in sneakers and jeans running through the woods with no makeup on, and the next you might find me in heels all dolled up, and that doesn't make me "part time".

Like I said...

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Great article wendy..thanks for contributing. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

peggygee
04-13-2007, 10:43 PM
Great article wendy..thanks for contributing. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

I agree on the articles as well.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/an-fun-stuff.gif

peggygee
06-06-2007, 08:43 PM
Good thread.

I tell you, that Hara brings
up some great topics. :wink:

Mercurye
06-06-2007, 08:55 PM
This topic depresses me a little :(

Although I might be young ( 22) I feel like I can never walk, talk and act like a woman

I mean, I am a little in between manly and feminine mannerism so to speak but I doubt I can be 100% believably feminine in my acting and mannerisms AND looks

How do you girls get all those feminine looking faces, butts and legs for example? Only hormones or? ( gendertherapist said it will feminize your face,...but wasnt clear about how much)

peggygee
06-06-2007, 09:01 PM
This topic depresses me a little :(

Although I might be young ( 22) I feel like I can never walk, talk and act like a woman

I mean, I am a little in between manly and feminine mannerism so to speak but I doubt I can be 100% believably feminine in my acting and mannerisms AND looks

How do you girls get all those feminine looking faces, butts and legs for example? Only hormones or? ( gendertherapist said it will feminize your face,...but wasnt clear about how much)

Some thoughts;

http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=15156&highlight=transition+costs

http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=19089&start=0

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-07-2007, 05:51 AM
Good thread.

I tell you, that Hara brings
up some great topics. :wink:

Thanks Peg. ;) While this is a porn forum I'm not really into tgirl porn myself but I thought since this is also a transgender community it would also be interesting to discuss matters other than who's got the biggest dick, big round asses etc. LOL ;)

I like the interaction thus far.

~Kisses.

HTG

CORVETTEDUDE
06-08-2007, 03:10 AM
HJT...You're simply a LADY, through and through!!

calebshung
06-08-2007, 03:55 AM
who needs directions? the way you are telling what they should do it seems as if they're trying to pretend. You should just go with the flow and do what you do.

CORVETTEDUDE
06-08-2007, 04:01 AM
who needs directions? the way you are telling what they should do it seems as if they're trying to pretend. You should just go with the flow and do what you do.

Man, you're way too NEW. Why don't you try reading for a while. It's good to have new people around, depending on why you're here.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-08-2007, 04:18 AM

I'm sure you DONT. You're NOT a transexual after all. But here, take all your complaints/objections/protest to this website:

http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/Village/8517/tips/tip02.html

I actually didnt write that (If you even bothered reading the whole bit complete with the link as source). I was just sharing something interesting I found online on here for discussion purposes.

BTW, Thanks CORVETTEDUDE! ;)

Some people.. :roll:

~Kisses.

HTG

mbf
06-08-2007, 09:03 AM
topics like this always remind me of a song. a song by the 60ies band "The Troggs" (they werent too popular, but had one hit, namely "Wild Thig" - yeah it was them....) with the title: "Feels Like A woman" - it has a "tranny-twist" to it. the lyrics go somethign liek this:

FEELS LIKE A WOMAN
(Reg Presley)

The Troggs - 1966

I never thought you was groovy
I looked on you like a child
I never dreamed you could move me
But now you're drivin' me wild

She walks, she talks, she acts like a woman
Looks like a woman should be
She moves, she grooves, she loooks like a woman
Feels like a woman to me

You've got the face of an angel