PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Wars!

SkyTwo
04-11-2007, 09:28 AM
A while back, I started a thread on avatars, and the people who put way too much thought into them. Mine isn't exceptionally cool or clever, but I'm content. But while I'm being a crusty ol' stick in the mud ( a couple of decades before my time), avatars are changing all around us, faster than you can say QWERTY. And while I expressed some admiration for suckseed's rather understated and classy dog photo, and Kabuki's kill-'em-with-cuteness gif, I have to say there's a new king of the avatars, in my opinion-- Wombat33 for the retro-cubefarm-surrealism of Pac Guy. Brilliant. As for LG, he had to go and use the thread as an excuse to change his avatar into that hooded toad-thing that striked me as a the mental image every gal on the site has of every interested-in-tgirls guy on the site. But that's just me. And I'm not even going to mention suckseed's new one. It's a bit too Free-Mustache-Rides-trucker-cap for me.

Avatars change, and what's worse, threads on them are instantly obsolete. Still, it's a fun little pissing match, isn't it?

Oh, and I've always been kinda impressed with Bearded One's aggressively old school icon.

Post your favorite icon. And defend it, preferably using high-flown academic rhetoric. That should provide a lot of additional laughs. Here's a fun starter-- to me it's all about the tourist in the white miniskirt...

SkyTwo
04-11-2007, 09:33 AM
Man, am I forgetful. I forgot to post my new favorite avatar....

LG
04-11-2007, 09:37 AM
As for LG, he had to go and use the thread as an excuse to change his avatar into that hooded toad-thing

Well, it was time for a change. Time to move on. No time to stagnate.

that striked me as a the mental image every gal on the site has of every interested-in-tgirls guy on the site. But that's just me.
Yep, it is just you. I think it's a funny pic.

:D

wombat33
04-11-2007, 02:49 PM
A while back, I started a thread on avatars, and the people who put way too much thought into them. Mine isn't exceptionally cool or clever, but I'm content. But while I'm being a crusty ol' stick in the mud ( a couple of decades before my time), avatars are changing all around us, faster than you can say QWERTY. And while I expressed some admiration for suckseed's rather understated and classy dog photo, and Kabuki's kill-'em-with-cuteness gif, I have to say there's a new king of the avatars, in my opinion-- Wombat33 for the retro-cubefarm-surrealism of Pac Guy. Brilliant. As for LG, he had to go and use the thread as an excuse to change his avatar into that hooded toad-thing that striked me as a the mental image every gal on the site has of every interested-in-tgirls guy on the site. But that's just me. And I'm not even going to mention suckseed's new one. It's a bit too Free-Mustache-Rides-trucker-cap for me.

Avatars change, and what's worse, threads on them are instantly obsolete. Still, it's a fun little pissing match, isn't it?

Oh, and I've always been kinda impressed with Bearded One's aggressively old school icon.

Post your favorite icon. And defend it, preferably using high-flown academic rhetoric. That should provide a lot of additional laughs. Here's a fun starter-- to me it's all about the tourist in the white miniskirt...

Very kind of you to notice. I got a kick out of it too. I find alot of giid things on tinypic.com.

Thanks for saying something nice. What a good feeling.

stukaz29
04-11-2007, 03:09 PM
In your post "the sleeping Hermaphrodite" from Louvre in Paris but there is another one in Rome (Museo Nazionale Romano-Palazzo Massimo).

Jamie Michelle
04-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Below is an avatar image that I use on some forums. I created it myself using a Mandelbrot fractal program.

Kriss
04-11-2007, 03:24 PM
how about a thread on idiots who can't resize picture before posting them?

stukaz29
04-11-2007, 04:28 PM
I didn't realise It was so big.

specialk
04-11-2007, 11:35 PM

Thank you Kriss........so annoying to have to scroll :!:

BeardedOne
04-11-2007, 11:59 PM

Awr, shux, thanx. :)

To those that don't know: The pic in my av is of Norton I, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico. Like myself, Joshua Norton was an eccentric, but one who took it to the next level, declaring himself Emperor and issuing proclaimations to the people. One of which directed the cities of San Francisco and Oakland to build a bridge to link themselves (Leading, in recent months, those cities to consider renaming the Oakland-Bay Bridge in his honor). While many considered him to be a crackpot (Which is why I so identify with him; another 'Bearded One'), he issued his own money (A form of scrip/promissory note), stopped a race riot single-handedly, and gained such notoriety that thousands attended his funeral.

It is often said that "No one understood Emperor Norton" yet, when he collapsed and died on a street in San Francisco in 1880, cables from Czar Alexander III of Russia and Queen Victoria were discovered in his pocket.

Norton was a bit whacked, I'm sure, but I =know= he was into T-gurls. He had to be. :wink:

Quinn
04-12-2007, 12:35 AM

Thank you Kriss........so annoying to have to scroll :!:

It is totally fucking annoying.

-Quinn

SkyTwo
04-14-2007, 05:40 AM
[quote]Oh, and I've always been kinda impressed with Bearded One's aggressively old school icon.

The pic in my av is of Norton I, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico.

I'm learnin' all kinds of stuff here-- this is one educational site. Plus the fresh photos of Hermaphroditus courtesy of stukaz29. Many thanks. And when I mentioned that the photo I posted was all about the tourist in the white skirt, I think the first photo of yours is all about the blurry tourist in a blue(?) skirt.

SkyTwo
04-14-2007, 05:41 AM
Oops. The pic was so big and all that I only caught part of it. It's just some dude in Dockers, and that's sad.