PDA

View Full Version : Non living things and gender

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-10-2007, 11:58 PM
You may not know this, but many non-living things have a gender.

1) Ziploc Bags are Male, because they hold everything in, but you can see right through them.

2) Copiers are Female, because once turned off; it takes a while to warm them up again. It's an effective reproductive device if the right buttons are pushed, but can wreak havoc if the wrong buttons are pushed.

3) A Tire is Male, because it goes bald and it's often over-inflated.

4) A Hot Air Balloon is Male, because, to get it to go anywhere, you have to light a fire under it, and of course, there's the hot air part.

5) Sponges are Female, because they're soft, squeezable and retain water.

6) A Web Page is Female, because it's always getting hit on.

7) A Subway is Male, because it uses the same old lines to pick people up.

8.) An Hourglass is Female, because over time, the weight shifts to the bottom.

9) A Hammer is Male, because it hasn't changed much over the last 5,000 years, but it's handy to have around.

10) A Remote Control is Female. Ha! You thought it'd be male, didn't you? But consider this - it gives a man pleasure, he'd be lost without it, and while he doesn't always know the right buttons to push, he keeps trying!

Pass these on to both male and female friends of yours so that they can have a chuckle too.
__________________________________________________ ___________

~Kisses.

HTG

TGL
04-11-2007, 12:01 AM
I like 2, 7, 8 and 9 :D

This makes me wonder if there are any transsexual items out there?

Vala_TS
04-11-2007, 06:08 AM
Those are funny!

Vala,

jeffbee
04-11-2007, 06:14 AM
Jeff Foxworthy said it:
"Women are like diesel engines. And what I mean by that is this: It may take a while to get them warmed up, but once you do they can run for a long, *long* time.
"Men, on the other hand, are like bottle rockets. ::whistles:: Oooh. Ahh."

Jericho
04-11-2007, 06:59 AM
5) Sponges are Female, because they're soft, squeezable and retain water.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ecstatic
04-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Those are great, Hara!

I like 2, 7, 8 and 9 :D

This makes me wonder if there are any transsexual items out there?
Let's see...a computer is transsexual: it may have a joystick, but it also has several holes into which you can stick things. (OK, that's a stretch.)

hmmm.....I got nothing....

LG
04-11-2007, 05:26 PM
Interestingly, many languages do assign a gender to non-living things (including French, Italian, Spanish and Greek, which also has a neutral gender). There really is no logic to assigning the nouns their gender.

Read "Make mine a double" by David Sedaris (in "Me Talk Pretty One Day") or you can listen here:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=1080469

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Let's see...a computer is transsexual: it may have a joystick, but it also has several holes into which you can stick things. (OK, that's a stretch.)

hmmm.....I got nothing....

Lmao! :lol: Good try tho Ecstatic. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

TGL
04-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Well, you must have some insight on that Hara? Don't you know some transgendered items? :lol:

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Well, you must have some insight on that Hara? Don't you know some transgendered items? :lol:

LOL Ok let me try:

Transformers are transexuals because..it can easily convert wattage and be used to plug 100v or 220v appliances. :lol:

http://www.lashen.com/vendors/TRV/images/st1000.jpg

Adaptors are transexuals because it plugs on the wall outlet and then has a hole you can plug into. LOL

http://www.gadgetino.com/photos/a_usb_chargers/converter_plug/2pin_to_3pin/converterplug1.jpg

~Kisses.

HTG

TGL
04-11-2007, 11:05 PM
Haha... Nice try Hara. I think you are right about the adaptors at least :D