PDA

View Full Version : What Living Legend Would You like to Meet?

AllanahStarrNYC
04-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Mine would be Diana Ross- after seeing her front row @ Madison Square Garden for the first time since I became a Supremes fan when I was 12 years old blew me away. It was a once in a lifetime experience. And @ 63 years old she looks AMAZING and alot of these young girls singers can learn a thing or two from her. She personafied glamour and showmanship.

She gave the audience what they wanted- classic Miss Ross.

She was phenominal.

Somedude21
04-10-2007, 11:01 AM
Hmmm. Well, besides any of the girls on these boards, I have to say that I would want to meet my favorite actor, Willem Dafoe. I need to see if he's just as crazy as the roles he takes.

TJT
04-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Bo Diddley.

Fox
04-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Nelson Mandela or Sidney Portier.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Madonna. Ever since reading a book of her life story and seing her first mtv burning up video I know she's got it made. I highly admire her work as an artist and her constant reinventions of herself over and over again.

She is the ultimate Icon! :P

~Kisses.

HTG

Guinness Book of World Records

* According to the Guinness Book of World Records, Madonna is the Most Successful Female Recording Artist of All Time.
* Madonna is the highest earning female singer of all time, according to the 2007 Guinness Book of Records.
* From 1963 to 1996 Elizabeth Taylor had the record of the greatest change of costumes in a motion picture with the movie Cleopatra. Madonna, 23 years later, broke that record when she had 83 changes of costumes during the motion picture Evita. She also wore 39 hats, 45 pairs of shoes and 56 pairs of earrings.
* From 1988 to 2002, the Guinness Book of World Records named Madonna as the Most Successful Artist on Record for the unprecedented worldwide success of the True Blue album, which hit number one in 28 countries.[citation needed]
* Madonna has the most consecutive top 5 singles in the USA (16) from 1984 (Lucky star) to 1989 (Cherish).
* She has the most consecutive top 20 debuts in the charts (27) from 1983 to 1992.
* Hung Up topped the charts in 41 countries according to Guiness World Records, the first time this has been achieved by any single.
* Hung Up is the best selling dance single of all time according to Guiness World Records.

United World Chart

* On the UWC, Madonna holds the record for most #1 singles with ten.
* Madonna also holds the record for most weeks at #1 with 66.
* "Hung Up" holds the record for the most points in one week with 548,000.
* Madonna holds the record for artist with the most consecutive weeks at number one with 22 ("Hung Up" for 15 and "Sorry" for 7).
* Madonna, along with Justin Timberlake, is the only artist to occupy both the #1 and #2 positions at the same time ("Hung Up" and "Sorry").
* Madonna, along with Justin Timberlake, is the only artist to replace herself at #1 ("Sorry" replaced "Hung Up").
* Music was Number One in the Countdown of 2000 with 7,179,000 points.[6]
* With eight songs, Madonna holds the record for most number-one singles in the 2000s by a artist.

It should be noted that the UWC only has charts available from 1966-1967, 1976-1977, 1986-1987, and 1996-present.

Chart records

* Madonna has the most top-five singles by a female artist (27).
* Madonna has the most top-ten singles on Billboard's Hot 100 Chart (36) (tied only with Elvis Presley).
* Madonna has the most top-twenty singles by a female artist on Billboard's Hot 100 Chart (42).
* Madonna has the most top-thirty singles by a female artist on Billboard's Hot 100 Chart (44).
* Madonna has the most top-forty singles by a female artist on Billboard's Hot 100 Chart (47).
* In 2005, Madonna's single "Hung Up" became her 51st single to enter the Hot 100 singles chart. It also became her 36th top 10 single (a record for a female artist and tying her with Elvis Presley), 42nd top 20 single (a record for a female artist), her 44th top 30 single (a record for a female artist), and her 47th top 40 single (a record for a female artist; amongst all artists, this is behind only Elvis Presley's 104, Elton John's 54, and The Beatles's 51).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madonna's_achievements_and_awards#Guinness_Book_of _World_Records

Kabuki
04-10-2007, 11:57 AM
The artist known as Oliva. Olivia De Berardinis (born in 1948). She's the modern day pin-up artist, and I know everyone should recognize her amazing body of work. Since I'm an artist, I would love to discuss trade secrets with her, and her long career in the art industry.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
04-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Fidel Castro

Dkg
04-10-2007, 02:44 PM

Anoyone ever tell you, you kinda look like 50 cent?

Anyways, I'd wat to meet Dr Martin Luther King Jr, if he were still alive. As for people who are still alive, Probably Morgan Freeman, or Jesse Jackson. They seem like interesting people who I'd want to talk with to get advice on how to be successful in this world. The do's and don'ts they may know that I don't.

wombat33
04-10-2007, 04:02 PM
Mine would be Diana Ross- after seeing her front row @ Madison Square Garden for the first time since I became a Supremes fan when I was 12 years old blew me away. It was a once in a lifetime experience. And @ 63 years old she looks AMAZING and alot of these young girls singers can learn a thing or two from her. She personafied glamour and showmanship.

She gave the audience what they wanted- classic Miss Ross.

She was phenominal.

TIGER WOODS

DJ_Asia
04-10-2007, 04:08 PM
to me thats a no brainer...while im a major fan of music,movies and sports nobody I can think of I would rather spend time with than the Dalai Lama

http://www.dalailama.com/

BrendaQG
04-10-2007, 04:37 PM
A physicist by the name of Edward Witten. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Witten)
He is considered by some to be the greatest physicist of our time. The other would be another by the name of Abhay Ashetekar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abhay_Ashtekar) who is considered by those who do not like Ed to be the greatest physicist of our time. This way i am sure to have meet the greatest physicist of our time. :-)

JANIRA
04-10-2007, 06:19 PM
for me it would have to be (Sophia Loren) and now in her 70's and she is still as breathtaking, and amazingly beautiful. she is the eppitome of class,,, style and ageless beauty http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c345/siemprebella/lors5.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c345/siemprebella/loren3d-1.jpg

DonPA
04-10-2007, 06:32 PM
Stan Lee - Creator of most of the Marvel Universe.
Jerome Bettis - Former Pittsburgh Steeler and My personal hero. A great inspiration.

peggygee
04-10-2007, 06:39 PM
My sheroes;

Miss Hattie McDaniel
Sojourner Truth pictured with President Abraham Lincoln
Dr. Angela Yvone Davis
Dr. Coretta Scott King
Harriet Tubman
Pam Grier
Dr. Maya Angelou
Miss Phyllis Hyman
Dr. Betty Shabazz

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/mysheros55-1.gif

MrsKellyPierce
04-10-2007, 06:42 PM
Miss Dolly Parton!

Perverted Monk
04-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Prince - one of the most talented musicians of my gen.

marissaazts
04-10-2007, 06:46 PM
eric cartman

tsafficianado
04-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Johnette Napolitano of Concrete Blonde
Would have said Stevie Ray Vaughn but he checked out early.

Fox
04-10-2007, 11:14 PM

Anyways, I'd wat to meet Dr Martin Luther King Jr, if he were still alive. As for people who are still alive, Probably Morgan Freeman, or Jesse Jackson. They seem like interesting people who I'd want to talk with to get advice on how to be successful in this world. The do's and don'ts they may know that I don't.

Haha, yeah, I've heard that a few times with some of my pics. I still don't know if it's a compliment or an insult. And yeah, I'd also like to meet Morgan Freeman and Sam Jackson. They seem like really cool guys to chew the fat with.

DeClock
04-10-2007, 11:16 PM
YOU!!!!

Coroner
04-10-2007, 11:57 PM
Iīd like to meet McCoy Tyner before he passes away. Elvin Jones has already left the building.

BeardedOne
04-11-2007, 12:08 AM
Ooh, a tough one, and so many choices.

I have already met Maestro Arthur Fiedler, Mayor Kevin White (Boston), Governor/Congressman Mike Castle (DE), Congressman/Speaker 'Tip' O'Neil (MA), former Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger, former Secretary of State Dr. Henry Kissinger, Dr. Jonas Salk, Senator Joe Biden (DE), Senator Bill Roth (DE), Senator Barbara Boxer (CA), Governor Mike Dukakis (MA), authors Anne McCaffery, Stephen King, Ray Bradbury, and Isaac Asimov, artists Boris Valejo, Rowena Morrill, and Michael Whelan, actors George Peppard, James Doohan, and Patrick Troughton. More to the nature of this forum, I've met Lisa Lawrence. :) The list goes on.

Though, of those living that I have not yet met, I think the Dalai Lama would be high on my list. As spiritual leaders go, he's one cool dude. :D

specialk
04-11-2007, 12:12 AM
I have a few dozen questions for Eric Clapton :!:

Realgirls4me
04-11-2007, 12:15 AM
Allanah ... Actually, I might to get to meet you next month when you are here in southern California promoting.

Hmmmm, Nelson Mandela for one.

Martin Luther King Jr. if alive.

Cezar Chavez if alive.

John Lennon if alive.

Jeez, Allanah, you are in pretty good company.

Coroner
04-11-2007, 12:18 AM

ask him for me why he had to talk that racist shit in the 70ies and why he played for that british right-winger, I donīt remember the name

specialk
04-11-2007, 12:26 AM

ask him for me why he had to talk that racist shit in the 70ies and why he played for that british right-winger, I donīt remember the name

Ok...lemme get back to you on this :roll:

BlackAdder
04-11-2007, 12:28 AM
Vin Diesel...Or Chuck Norris....

then we can sit around and make up stuff about how bad ass the other guy might be..

flabbybody
04-11-2007, 12:45 AM
in no special order:
Keith Hernandez, Paul Newman, Billy Joel, Michael Jordan, Clint Eastwood, Jerry Seinfeld, Michael Bloomberg, Prince, Arnold Palmer, Seanchai

Coroner
04-11-2007, 12:53 AM

In 1976, Clapton was the centre of controversy and accusations of racism, when he spoke out against increasing immigration during a concert in Birmingham. He commented that England had "...become overcrowded...that England sells itself as the "land of milk and honey" only to turn around and stick its invited immigrants into low paying labour jobs, living in substandard conditions..." Clapton also voiced his support of controversial political candidate Enoch Powell, making references to "a black colony." As a result, it would be a full decade before Clapton was welcome to play in Birmingham again.

These comments (along with equally controversial remarks and actions by other artists, such as David Bowie and Siouxsie Sioux) led to the creation of the Rock Against Racism movement in the UK.

----

now letīs talk about serious stuff: did you ever find out who that girl on your avatar is? :lol:

LTR_Seeker
04-11-2007, 01:14 AM
Clint Eastwood.

specialk
04-11-2007, 01:29 AM

In 1976, Clapton was the centre of controversy and accusations of racism, when he spoke out against increasing immigration during a concert in Birmingham. He commented that England had "...become overcrowded...that England sells itself as the "land of milk and honey" only to turn around and stick its invited immigrants into low paying labour jobs, living in substandard conditions..." Clapton also voiced his support of controversial political candidate Enoch Powell, making references to "a black colony." As a result, it would be a full decade before Clapton was welcome to play in Birmingham again.

These comments (along with equally controversial remarks and actions by other artists, such as David Bowie and Siouxsie Sioux) led to the creation of the Rock Against Racism movement in the UK.

----

now letīs talk about serious stuff: did you ever find out who that girl on your avatar is? :lol:

Well Coroner, to be honest with you it would be hipocritical at best for me to ask Eric about racist comments made 30 years ago, as I would have to look into a mirror and point that finger at myself. Yes, I've done and said many a regrettable thing in my past, in particular 30 years ago when I to , was drunk and stoned a good deal of the time. Hey, I hate to admit it but I'm only human, and I'm sure I'm not done doing or saying stuff I'll regret the next day. So, Ill let someone else without sin find out what it is you need to know.

What I can tell you is Eric is well loved and respected in the black community of musicians....for whatever that's worth!

Now as far as who the owner of the much adored tata's in the avatar...sorry I only wish I knew :cry:

Coroner
04-11-2007, 01:36 AM

----

Well Coroner, to be honest with you it would be hipocritical at best for me to ask Eric about racist comments made 30 years ago, as I would have to look into a mirror and point that finger at myself. Yes, I've done and said many a regrettable thing in my past, in particular 30 years ago when I to , was drunk and stoned a good deal of the time. Hey, I hate admit it but I'm only human, and I'm sure I'm not done doing or saying stuff I'll regret the next day. So, Ill let someone else without sin find out what it is you need to know.

What I can tell you is Eric is well loved and respected in the black community of musicians....for whatever that's worth!

Now as far as who the owner of the mucuh adored tata's in the avatar...sorry I only wish I knew :cry:

:) itīs ok, dude, it was a wee joke, I think he as been asked this millions time before since 1976....... I do respect his work in music, you know heīs a blues/rock musician, played so many gigs with black musicians as well and Iīm sure heīs asking himself too why he had to say such stuff in public..... I am 22 now and I said a lot of crap before, too...... who hasnīt .

I wish you all the luck to meet clapton one day...... and let me know when u find out bout the lady.... it looks like itīs from a music video?

biguy4tvtscd
04-11-2007, 02:34 AM
Isaac Newton
Albert Einstein

ezed
04-11-2007, 06:17 AM
eric cartman

I'd like to meet you too!

DJ_Asia
04-11-2007, 06:24 AM

----

Well Coroner, to be honest with you it would be hipocritical at best for me to ask Eric about racist comments made 30 years ago, as I would have to look into a mirror and point that finger at myself. Yes, I've done and said many a regrettable thing in my past, in particular 30 years ago when I to , was drunk and stoned a good deal of the time. Hey, I hate admit it but I'm only human, and I'm sure I'm not done doing or saying stuff I'll regret the next day. So, Ill let someone else without sin find out what it is you need to know.

Now as far as who the owner of the mucuh adored tata's in the avatar...sorry I only wish I knew :cry:

:) itīs ok, dude, it was a wee joke, I think he as been asked this millions time before since 1976....... I do respect his work in music, you know heīs a blues/rock musician, played so many gigs with black musicians as well and Iīm sure heīs asking himself too why he had to say such stuff in public..... I am 22 now and I said a lot of crap before, too...... who hasnīt .

I wish you all the luck to meet clapton one day...... and let me know when u find out bout the lady.... it looks like itīs from a music video?

Simple answer....

bad batch of smack :wink:

Legend
04-11-2007, 06:41 AM
Stan Lee

AllanahStarrNYC
04-11-2007, 07:32 AM
Hmm Einstein is dead and so is Newton- LIVING Legend not dead

I would have to ad Dolly Parton to my list. I addddddddddore Dolly.

I met Ertha Kitt and that was pretty spectacular.

Modanna was pretty amazing- but I was 21 at the time and I was kinda star struck since I grew up listening to her.

I don't get star struck around big stars, but it's neat to meet people who were very big influences on you.

idiot savant
04-11-2007, 05:15 PM
let see...hmmm,I would say Larry Flynt.

BeardedOne
04-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Stan Lee

Yah, I'd enjoy hangin' with Stan the Man for a bit. Maybe a pub crawl with him, Chris Claremont, and Kevin Smith. :D Claremont's cool. I met him many, many, many years ago when I was commuting to the comic events in NY. I still bump into him on occasion, if I stumble into the right party. :)

Kriss
04-11-2007, 08:43 PM

:jawdrop I never fully trusted Clapton, John Mayall was always the better man and even better still is JEFF BECK!
Have no intention of meeting any of them.
Regarding 'living legends', I find that it is better not to put people on a pedestal, it's not really fair as they invariably disappoint me when they fail to live up to my expectaitons.

TJT
04-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Wasn't there something about Clapton donating money to the National Front in the late 70's?

Dkg
04-12-2007, 10:40 AM

Haha, yeah, I've heard that a few times with some of my pics. I still don't know if it's a compliment or an insult. And yeah, I'd also like to meet Morgan Freeman and Sam Jackson. They seem like really cool guys to chew the fat with.

nope not an insult nor compliment really. Just one of those things. you could probably get a lot of the ladies if you claimed to be his cousin or half brother :lol:

stillies77
04-12-2007, 03:03 PM
Hulk Hogan...just to say...holy shit...you are hulk hogan.

LG
04-12-2007, 05:28 PM
A guy goes to a job interview. He gets asked a bunch of questions. Finally, the interviewer asks him:" If you could have dinner with someone, living or dead, who would it be?"

The guy thinks a little then answers nervously:"Um, the living one, definitely..."

:D

Caff_Racer
04-13-2007, 01:24 AM
I'd love to meet Phil Read or Giacomo Agostini...

arc angel
04-13-2007, 02:29 AM
Betty.

ezed
04-13-2007, 05:38 AM
Fuck it let's go right to the TOP! I'd like to meet GOD and ask him "So what the fuck did you have in mind? Is everything going as planned? Okay good, so what now? Okay, I didn't expect you to answer the last one. Before you go, can I get a picture? I didn't think so but I had to ask."

mbf
08-08-2007, 10:56 PM
ok, following the new trend on ha in resurrecting threads i just did it with this (relatively) dormant one. reasons: i have broadband again so i can spend more time online and so i dig deeper into older threads that warrant a comment by me.

the living legend i d like to meet is:

Joseph Weizenbaum

professor emeritus of computer science from bostons MIT, programmer of the first chat-bot ELIZA, then turned computer and science critic, a humanist of the deepest kind

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Weizenbaum

Quinn
08-08-2007, 11:34 PM
My list:

1. Simon Wiesenthal (yes, I know he's not a living legend).
2. George Soros.
3. Warren Buffett.
4. Vladimir Putin.
5. Jack Vettriano (artist).

-Quinn

TopHeavyCutie
08-08-2007, 11:50 PM
I would SO like to meet Mrs. Victoria Beckham. She is my all time idol!

Can't wait for the new Spice Girl cd...lol

youcancallmeclaire
08-09-2007, 12:22 AM
I don't like meeting anyone. People make me nervous, legends or not. :(

Although... I really would like to spend time with some of the people that I have been talking to online for so many years. But I guess I already know them, in a way.

CORVETTEDUDE
08-09-2007, 11:34 PM
My Son....I've seen him only once.

Realgirls4me
08-10-2007, 12:47 AM

Wow, what's up with that? I'm sorry.

... It's prolly a very long story, huh?

Mugai_hentaisha
08-10-2007, 12:59 AM
I split mine up into groups

the living ones

Jet Li

Don Frye

Tom Selleck just to prove that him and Don frye aren't the same person :lol:

Judo Gene LeBell

President Putin

Enya

My Deity

Some of the dead ones

Musashi

Jigoro Kano

Bruce Lee

Teddy Rosevelt

Thomas Paine

Jesus Christ

Alexander the Great

and the list goes on

saifan
08-12-2007, 02:11 AM
Probably Bob Dylan but I doubt he'd be very talkative.
So I'll go Martin Scorsese.

D'yer Mak'er
08-12-2007, 02:33 AM
Jimmy Page.
Reiko Ike.

BeardedOne
08-12-2007, 04:15 AM
For those that mentioned Stan Lee, this may be the closest you might get:

TheOne1
08-12-2007, 06:05 AM
Walt Disney.. when they thaw him out

TsVanessa69
08-12-2007, 06:48 AM
Mine passed
Coco Chanel, God I adore her fashion. Every time I step foot in a Chanel Boutique I am in heaven, she was a genious. I can just lay on the floor and sniff the money that goes into the quality of her work. The jewels, the suits, the bags and glasses.I collect Chanel purses and earrings. Maybe thats one of the reasons I still escort,hmm.
And Josephine Baker. My grandmother got to meet her 2 times, once taking a photo with her. I would go to my grannys bedroom and look at the pic in awe. A truly amazing and talented entertainer, and a big hearted woman. She did poor but she had her Rainbow Tribe, her children. And her drag was FAB_U_LOUS. A true inspiration to us woman of color.

CORVETTEDUDE
08-12-2007, 08:59 AM

Wow, what's up with that? I'm sorry.

... It's prolly a very long story, huh?

You'd have to ask his mother, if you could find her.

NYTSJulie
08-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Andy Warhol

Solitary Brother
08-12-2007, 01:30 PM
POLLY MELLON

And ALANAH only you know who this is!

lewdguppy
08-18-2007, 06:30 PM
George Cloony

and if he's not enough "legend" yet, I'd go for either Sidney Portier or Danny Glover

unfortunately Hunter S Thompson is dead, or he would be my nr#1 legend I'd love to meet
:shock:

TJT
08-19-2007, 08:40 AM
Bo Diddley.