PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if You Were Invisible?

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-08-2007, 09:02 PM
What would you do if you were invisible? To many people this is a fun question to throw around in the presence of friends. For some, the answer might be related to satisfying a lusty dream; for others the answer might steer more towards getting sweet and covert retribution; while still for others the answer might lead to sly plans for imperceptible financial gain.

What if this question were to suddenly gain some significance and feasibility? With recent talks of actually making invisibility a reality, this fun question could actually become a real issue for people and their governments to consider.

It has recently been reported that researchers in the United States and England are confident that they understand, in theory, how to create an invisibility cloak, similar to the one that Harry Potter received from his father. They have already begun to work out the basics of the concept, and are asking for help in developing the actual components that would be used to create this invisible cloak.

The materials required would, of course, be man-made. Essentially, the materials would drive light and other types of electromagnetic radiation around the person or object that the cloak is wrapped around. The idea is similar to a river's water flowing around a smooth rock. Light and other forms of electromagnetic radiation would hit the invisibility cloak and be diverted around it, making the person or object quite literally invisible.

"Is it science fiction? Well, it's a theory and that already is not science fiction," said Professor Sir John Pendry, a theoretical physicist at Imperial College London. "It's theoretically possible to do all these Harry Potter things, but what's standing in the way is our engineering capabilities."

Pendry was the first person to think of the idea of metamaterials, which are objects that gain their material properties from its structure instead of the materials that they are made of. He and some of his associates proposed using metamaterials to create an invisibility cloak since they can be tuned and tweaked to shift electromagnetic radiation in any direction. Metamaterials would not reflect light or cast a shadow.

Nader Engheta, a professor of electrical and systems engineering at the University of Pennsylvania, has worked on invisibility using metamaterials. "This is a very interesting science and a very interesting idea and it is supported on a great mathematical and physical basis," Engheta said.

No invisibility cloak has been made yet, but early testing of invisibility technology that can hide microwaves and other types of electromagnetic radiation could be just 18 months away, according to Pendry. "We will have a cloak after not too long."

Pendry also pointed out that "cloak" could be a misleading moniker for the concept. "To be realistic, it's going to be fairly thick. Cloak is a misnomer. 'Shield' might be more appropriate," he said.

Though the idea is appealing to almost any human being, whether they have thought of the possibility or not, it is unlikely that everyday people would be the first to adopt and make use of the technology, or if they ever will at all. The most obvious application for an invisibility cloak would be the use of the technology by military agencies, making the proposed project an enterprise that should receive the support and financial aid of governments around the globe. The Pentagon's Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (or DARPA) has already voiced their support for the research.

So what would you do if You Were Invisible?

~Kisses.

HTG

BRONXBODY
04-08-2007, 09:09 PM
I would hide in your shower....lol

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-08-2007, 09:13 PM
I would hide in your shower....lol

LOL..:lol: Sweet..as long as I get to hide in your room! :P

~Kisses.

HTG

alwaysforyou
04-08-2007, 10:28 PM
I would steal the answers to my final exams

MrsKellyPierce
04-08-2007, 10:35 PM
I would follow Channing Tatum around EVERYWHERE

flabbybody
04-08-2007, 10:44 PM
that's easy, it would be living out a life-long fantasy of mine.

I'd hang out in the woman's fitting rooms at Macy's.

Dino Velvet
04-08-2007, 11:08 PM
1) It would be fun to drive invisible just to see the look on people's faces in traffic.
2) I'd like to go to the Santa Monica Promenade, hold a $100 bill in the air, and have people chase the "floating $100 bill."
3) Go to Gloria Alred's office and lay a Peter North size streamer all over her face just so I can see her look of outrage.
4) Show up a place that is having a Sopranos viewing party tonight and change the channel when something good was about to happen and watch the riot begin.
5) I could finally go to 7969 without worrying about being caught.

phxguy
04-08-2007, 11:18 PM
Assuming I could walk through doors and walls too, I would follow any sexy girl I see on the street.

And I would invite myself to every VIP party in New York, Los Angeles and Miami.

Alison Faraday
04-08-2007, 11:31 PM
I would quite sincerely and without reservation mess with the heads of those who messed with mine when I transitioned.

Then I'd become visible again a week later and never look back.

Being invisible would be very lonely though. There was a very moving Twighlight Zone episode where a guy was invisible for something like a year, and afterwards he was so repentant for his wrongs and loved people once again.

BeardedOne
04-08-2007, 11:35 PM
I'd go to the Brookline Municipal Court and turn the tape recorders on during the hearings, just to fuck with them.

alrock_ny
04-08-2007, 11:53 PM
I would hide in the oval office and try to catch bush in the act of something that would get him impeached already. lol

But I'd probably just rob a bank and use the money to fund my new job of professional peeping tom.

youcancallmeclaire
04-09-2007, 12:23 AM
I'd put the cloak on a dead animal and leave it in a starbucks, or some upscale clothing store. ^_^

And rob a bank. duh.

TGL
04-09-2007, 12:31 AM
I'm sorry to say this, but if I really was invisible, at least just for a limited period of time, I'm pretty sure I would use it to do something naughty.
If I knew no one could see me I would definately go sneaking around in places that would be of, let's say, "sexual interest" to me... That could be an Hung Angel's bedroom for instance ;)

michneo
04-09-2007, 12:51 AM
You mean like nobody can REALLY see me cuz

I am invisible

chefmike
04-09-2007, 01:04 AM
What would you do if you were invisible?

Take over the world.

zerrrr
04-09-2007, 03:37 AM
Go into people’s apartments and houses and rearrange everything on their dressers, kitchen counters, bathroom, etc. Nothing big like furniture but all the little stuff and do this randomly for months on end.

blckhaze
04-09-2007, 03:43 AM
go around grabbin butts and giving wegdies

idiot savant
04-09-2007, 05:50 AM
I hate to shit on everybody parade,but if you were to become invisible,you would be blind.bumping into wall and shit...oh well, dream on campers

Quinn
04-09-2007, 06:05 AM
It's safe to say that crime – and lots of it – would figure prominently in the plans of an invisible Quinn. Throw in some sharks with laser beams attached to their heads and I'm ready to build my world wide crime syndicate.

-Quinn

ezed
04-09-2007, 06:25 AM
I'd run around punching world leaders in the nuts when they were making serious speeches. And the punch the reporters in the nuts, who covered the event when they did their live feed.

Before hand I would have invested in cups, and would make a killing! :twisted:

suckseed
04-09-2007, 07:22 AM
I'd follow Ann Coulter around, farting in her face until she goes mad.
I'd put on a black condom, fluff up a nice boner, and go to sorority parties, see who's interested. I might be quite the hit! When questioned, I'd assure the ladies that I'm devastatingly handsome.

wombat33
04-09-2007, 02:33 PM
What would you do if you were invisible? To many people this is a fun question to throw around in the presence of friends. For some, the answer might be related to satisfying a lusty dream; for others the answer might steer more towards getting sweet and covert retribution; while still for others the answer might lead to sly plans for imperceptible financial gain.

What if this question were to suddenly gain some significance and feasibility? With recent talks of actually making invisibility a reality, this fun question could actually become a real issue for people and their governments to consider.

It has recently been reported that researchers in the United States and England are confident that they understand, in theory, how to create an invisibility cloak, similar to the one that Harry Potter received from his father. They have already begun to work out the basics of the concept, and are asking for help in developing the actual components that would be used to create this invisible cloak.

The materials required would, of course, be man-made. Essentially, the materials would drive light and other types of electromagnetic radiation around the person or object that the cloak is wrapped around. The idea is similar to a river's water flowing around a smooth rock. Light and other forms of electromagnetic radiation would hit the invisibility cloak and be diverted around it, making the person or object quite literally invisible.

"Is it science fiction? Well, it's a theory and that already is not science fiction," said Professor Sir John Pendry, a theoretical physicist at Imperial College London. "It's theoretically possible to do all these Harry Potter things, but what's standing in the way is our engineering capabilities."

Pendry was the first person to think of the idea of metamaterials, which are objects that gain their material properties from its structure instead of the materials that they are made of. He and some of his associates proposed using metamaterials to create an invisibility cloak since they can be tuned and tweaked to shift electromagnetic radiation in any direction. Metamaterials would not reflect light or cast a shadow.

Nader Engheta, a professor of electrical and systems engineering at the University of Pennsylvania, has worked on invisibility using metamaterials. "This is a very interesting science and a very interesting idea and it is supported on a great mathematical and physical basis," Engheta said.

No invisibility cloak has been made yet, but early testing of invisibility technology that can hide microwaves and other types of electromagnetic radiation could be just 18 months away, according to Pendry. "We will have a cloak after not too long."

Pendry also pointed out that "cloak" could be a misleading moniker for the concept. "To be realistic, it's going to be fairly thick. Cloak is a misnomer. 'Shield' might be more appropriate," he said.

Though the idea is appealing to almost any human being, whether they have thought of the possibility or not, it is unlikely that everyday people would be the first to adopt and make use of the technology, or if they ever will at all. The most obvious application for an invisibility cloak would be the use of the technology by military agencies, making the proposed project an enterprise that should receive the support and financial aid of governments around the globe. The Pentagon's Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (or DARPA) has already voiced their support for the research.

So what would you do if You Were Invisible?

~Kisses.

HTG

steal TONS of money from drug dealers, mafia dudes and criminals........
keep 33% of it and do good for people with the other 66%.

I would be a fly on the wall witnessing gorgeous ladies undrerss, shower, have sex......including t-girls.

I would listen in on all sorts of political meetings and nail the bastards wit proof of what they said.

I would have fun freaking people out by making things float in front of them, by opening and closing doors etc............

I would stalk holywood celebs and see how they fuck, masturbate and have sex. Also what they do in thier private time.

I would fly for free.

I would paint things.

flabbybody
04-10-2007, 01:22 AM
how bout hanging out in the girl's bathroom at Orchard Beach on a hot July Saturday? all the cutties in bikini's drinking beer in the hot sun have to take care of business. OK, that's a little perverted.

how bout hanging out by the institutional trading desk at Goldman Sachs and listening to what stocks they're buying?

one question: if you're invisible, does that mean you have to be naked? otherwise,your clothes would have to be invisible too?

LoadedRevolver66
04-10-2007, 03:47 AM
I would shit in the deep fryer at MickeyDs and watch hilarity ensue. Immature, I'll admit, but satisfying.

I would lay in the road and wait for a car to drive over me and feel this huge BUMP, then watch them get out and panic like hell. Of course, this is assuming that I am also invincible.

I would wear some bed sheets and terrorize people as the ghost of their dead parents. I would tell them that I was murdered by an evil relative and that they must avenge my death, Shakespearian style!

I would, of course, fuck over anybody who's ever pissed me off. Revenge is sweet, especially when they have no idea who is doing it (and no one to call the cops on...)

I would scream 'fire' in a crowded movie theater. When nobody falls for it, I would dump a lit book of matches into the trashcan.

I would talk back to that guy on the subway who's always talking to himself. I would convince him that he is making perfect sense and that everyone else is insane.

I would wait at the end of the 5th hole at some fancy country club, with a Calloway driver that I stole off some rich prick, and hit people's drives back to the tees.

Finally, I would spray paint obscene yet thought provoking grafitti all over public buildings and corporate symbols to enlighten the masses.

whatsupwithat
04-10-2007, 04:20 AM
hmmm...as i'm feeling kinda anti-social at the moment...i would live on a deserted island and whenever anyone came by to explore, i'd throw on the invisibility cloak, head to the other side of the island...maybe eat a coconut or two.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-10-2007, 06:49 AM
I love coconuts! Heh :P

~Kisses.

HTG

Aragon21
04-10-2007, 08:58 AM
maybe eat a coconut or two.

I’ve got a lovely bunch of coconuts
There they are all standing in a row
Big ones, small ones, some as big as your head
Give them a twist a flick of the wrist
That’s what the showman said
Every ball you throw will make me rich
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If I were invisible what would I do? Hmmm. After I got bored hanging out in the dressing room at Victoria's Secret? Hmmm.

I would like to think that I would use the ability in some kind of super cop/FBI/CIA kind of way. I would be the best spy ever. Of course this is assuming they aren't using thermal detectors or my invisibility masks all forms of radiation.

Also I could imagine alot of kinky sex I could have. Of course it would be with a willing partner. Just imagine going to her job and surprising her by hiding under the desk. Her co-workers would have no idea I had my head up her skirt the whole time. Seriously, I would imagine the sex would be awesome. Think blindfolded but she can see everything just not know where or when my hand is going to touch her. I definately think I could enjoy being invisible. :wink:

ottorocket
04-10-2007, 09:03 AM
I'd fuck with potheads by changing their calendar years, digital clocks, and wallet photos. :P

Somedude21
04-10-2007, 09:10 AM
Hmmm. Good question. I think that I would go about first stealing food at work and copping an ass feel on the hottest girl in the workplace. After that, I would probably steal a bunch of shit from Blockbuster, then go on a vandalism rampage at the local supermarket. After that...I dunno. I would probably go raid a liquor store or something and get my ass trashed, then plan what to do the next day. :P

This is all assuming that everything that I touch can turn invisible too, that is.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-10-2007, 09:29 AM

There they are all standing in a row
Big ones, small ones, some as big as your head
Give them a twist a flick of the wrist
That’s what the showman said

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kewl. Fedex me some so I can make a large bowl of tropical fruit salad! The rest to milk and use for my curry chicken. LOL :P

~Kisses.

HTG

gummi baer
04-10-2007, 10:01 AM
You mean besides sneaking into the girls shower at my old High School? I'd go into expensive restaurants and pick whatever I fancied off other people's plates.

TJT
04-10-2007, 11:17 AM
Smack Morrisey upside the head yelling,"Buck up and stop your whining!"

Silklove
04-12-2007, 06:25 PM
You could get in to any VIP club:)

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-15-2007, 03:44 AM
I'd put the cloak on a dead animal and leave it in a starbucks, or some upscale clothing store. ^_^

:lol: Wicked! LOL

~Kisses.

HTG

SkyTwo
04-20-2007, 08:14 AM
I hate to shit on everybody parade,but if you were to become invisible,you would be blind.bumping into wall and shit...oh well, dream on campers

Ooooooh, right, because you'd have invisible retinas and all. Dumbass.

Anyway, the sad thing about invisibility is that you'd inevitably turn to crime and voyeurism. Like pretty much everyone else, I'd swipe loads of cash and wait for hotties to turn up at Victoria's Secret. Sad, but what else could you do? Sneak up behind that asshole at the office and make him/her have a hot coffee accident. Seems like that's pretty much it. It'd be great and all, but leave you feeling pretty.... hollow.