PDA

View Full Version : How awesome is the University of Florida?

Aragon21
04-06-2007, 11:05 PM
I know I am prejudiced being a graduate of that fine institution, but seriously April 2006-Jan.2008 (minimum) with no other school winning either football or basketball championships!

UF rocks!

rick_932
04-08-2007, 09:16 PM
the UF athletic department definitely deserves a pat on the back for the past couple of years. being an LSU grad, i hate florida during the football and basketball regular season, but when it comes to the bowl games/tournaments, i pull for em and other SEC teams. gotta represent the SEC to the fullest

Aragon21
04-09-2007, 06:42 AM
the UF athletic department definitely deserves a pat on the back for the past couple of years. being an LSU grad, i hate florida during the football and basketball regular season, but when it comes to the bowl games/tournaments, i pull for em and other SEC teams. gotta represent the SEC to the fullest

Right there with you. I would add that during the football season I root for all teams on our schedule to meet us undefeated. Let's be honest, the polls are fallible to human influences so if Florida plays teams that are undefeated or single loss it impresses the voters. After the head-to-head game I want the SEC West teams to win out the remainder of their schedule and the SEC East ones to lose one more for a cushion should UF stumble.

Post-season, I root for the SEC to have the best bowl/tournament record.

I must admit the LSU atmosphere is unique and classy. I went to a football game there once and was impressed with the way the student body was all dressed up for the game.

rick_932
04-15-2007, 04:18 AM
yea, we take LSU football very seriously here, hah. but it most definitely is a unique experience