PDA

View Full Version : (Off Topic) Rome Total War

Quinn
04-05-2007, 07:31 AM
I used to play it all the time. What a great war game. Carefully picking the proper terrain to fight on, depending upon the composition of my army, was probably the most important thing I learned. Balancing my forces so that I could hold my center while flanking, when appropriate, was the other. Also, learn how to use archers (flaming especially) and heavy artillery (Catapults, etc.) in conjunction with a good defensive position when facing superior forces.

It’s as much a game of cunning as it is straight fighting. Set traps for your enemies.

If you don't have use of all factions and nations, look on-line for the crack that will let you do it. I found using Macedon to be a really good way to learn how to balance everything out.

-Quinn

TomSelis
04-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Spartans flanked by greek cavalry on a hilltop equals the win for you.

Vicki Richter
04-05-2007, 03:39 PM
I have every Total War there has been. Mideval Total War II is out now. Maybe you should upgrade.

I generally like to pick all peasants for my army. I know it might sound strange, but try it.

tonkatoy
04-05-2007, 04:11 PM
I have every Total War there has been. Mideval Total War II is out now. Maybe you should upgrade.

Hottie computer geek, my my my

vallon12054
04-06-2007, 12:07 AM
an all peasant army vickie? are you serious? whats youre fav faction in ME2TW? hear about patch 1.2 yet?

TomSelis
04-19-2007, 06:08 AM
Spartans flanked by greek cavalry on a hilltop equals the win for you.

Agree with the Spartans, cavalry useless though against Cataphracts.

Mideval Total War II is out now. Maybe you should upgrade.

My machine is steam powered

I generally like to pick all peasants for my army. I know it might sound strange, but try it.

They all ran away.

Cataphracts are like tanks on horseback! The Spartans can stand up to them and really pwn them though. Cataphracts are hella slow, while they are engaging your Spartans, have your Greek Cavalry flank them. Not even cataphracts can stand up to a pincher. I forgot that the Greeks have slingers that have the hide ability. Position them off to the side somewhere and let them sit and hide. Then pull them out for a nice little surprise. Keep playing around with your tactics. Just remember total war is rock/paper/scissors. Missiles beats infantry beats cavalry beats missiles.

Vicki's right, peasants can be good. They have an excellent charge especially downhill. They're great, cheap shock troops. Not good for much else though.

XPBMX
05-17-2007, 05:54 PM
Barbarian invasion was cool..I played the Huns and did quite well.

XPBMX
05-17-2007, 05:55 PM
I don't play online much due to the fact that hackers script in cheats..you're good to win onmce against the little kiddes that spend all day playiong online and hacking script to beat people for stats. as for peasents, I simply use them to abate the advance of the enemy or the retreats, saving my best for the very right time of engagement.

fhsjazztrumpet2
05-17-2007, 06:19 PM
*sniffles* Doesn't anyone play Age of Empires II anymore? Or StarCraft?