PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycles

goldensamba
04-05-2007, 06:41 AM
Anyone one else on here own a motorcycle? Any of you girls like them? Thoughts, opinions? Do you move out of the way of them in traffic or do you block them from getting by?

I am always getting hit up for a ride by some girl or another, just curious what others think.

S

Felicia Katt
04-05-2007, 07:20 AM
I like bikes, but only to pose on, never to ride :)

FK

ottorocket
04-05-2007, 07:22 AM
I've owned no less than 15 bikes...raced a few for some years. Currently ride a Ducati and wrench on an old BSA basket case... Generally i think the idea of riding a motorcycle to women sounds great, but most girls i've talked with are leery of hopping on a crotch rocket because of some squid who once before showed her wheelies for her first ride. I can remember some good times screaming through SF with a couple different chicks who were down with bikes, after clubbin'... Fun to watch the skirts fly up...lol

goldensamba
04-05-2007, 07:54 AM
Why not to ride Felicia? I would love to have one of you girls pose on mine.

I like your choice in bikes ottorocket. I currently ride a Triumph Sprint ST. I can zip it in and out of traffic and I can go on trips without too much leg cramping.

ottorocket
04-05-2007, 07:59 AM
Why not to ride Felicia? I would love to have one of you girls pose on mine.

I like your choice in bikes ottorocket. I currently ride a Triumph Sprint ST. I can zip it in and out of traffic and I can go on trips without too much leg cramping.

Thx i also had a Triumph.. a speed triple. The ST is one comfy bike, i sat on one and really liked it.

MacShreach
04-05-2007, 10:42 AM
Lost count of how many I've had, but I settled down on my bikes (quite) a few years ago. I have a Ducati Paso 750 for summer fun, a BMW R100 'cause it's simply the most practical motorcycle I ever had-- in summer I use it for business out of preference to a car-- and a Kawasaki ZX10 for when I'm feeling hairy. All old and well loved friends. I know there are better/faster/shinier bikes out there now but I'm not really interested in changing.

Naturally I always look out for bikes and give them road-room especially when I'm in a car. People who don't are just arseholes. A motorcyclist has no protection against a brain-dead blind person in a tin box other than his/her wits and the abilities of the bike.

Bikes are always a babe-magnet BTW. Acting the arse and falling off in the pub forecourt isn't. (BTDT :oops: )

M

Congobongo
04-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Anyone one else on here own a motorcycle?

I'm just about to take my motorbike test, gonna be 12 months before I can get anything powerful between my thighs LOL :wink:

MacShreach
04-05-2007, 11:10 AM
wrench on an old BSA basket case...

Which model out of interest? I had an A10 once, nice bike. Also had an ex-military M50 sidevalve which was a laugh.

M

goldensamba
04-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Yes otto. The ST is super comfy. I am a tall guy (6'5") so it's not easy for me to find one that fits me well.

The new Tiger is quite nice and may become my second bike.

SweetDave
04-05-2007, 04:49 PM
I love my Ducati and ride her hard.

It is deffinatly a good way to pick up girls and ladys alike

MacShreach
04-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Anyone one else on here own a motorcycle?

I'm just about to take my motorbike test, gonna be 12 months before I can get anything powerful between my thighs LOL :wink:

Cool. The first 12 months is the most dangerous. Be safe.

MacShreach
04-05-2007, 06:20 PM
I love my Ducati and ride her hard.

I've had a few Dookies, they're just so much fun to do that to...and if I may say so, I get the same feeling about your avatar girl..... :D

tskisser
04-05-2007, 06:33 PM
I have always been a big british bike fan, had a Norton many years ago.
Now I ride a Bonneville, it's a great ride.

Dharma
04-05-2007, 10:14 PM
HORNY as hell !!
Oh..and the bike is nice as well.

goldensamba
04-06-2007, 01:12 AM
Nice, bikes both of you. I love the old cafe racer style. A bit small for my long legs but still very nice. Here is my current ride.

Any of you ladies feel like posing for me? :)

TJT
04-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Break my heart won't you tskisser?

I worked my young ass off nights after HS in the early 70's to buy a restored Norton Commando.(my dream bike.) Had it for all of 4 weeks before it was stolen from my garage,along w a partial rebuild of my dads Indian Pony Scout.

I mourned more over that bike at 18 than I have over the passing of many friends and relatives since.

Both bikes were recovered the following spring submerged and stripped at the bottom of launching ramp at a nearby lake. I still have the frame,cleaned and on blocks in a corner of the garage as a shrine.

MacShreach
04-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Break my heart won't you tskisser?

I worked my young ass off nights after HS in the early 70's to buy a restored Norton Commando.(my dream bike.) Had it for all of 4 weeks before it was stolen from my garage,along w a partial rebuild of my dads Indian Pony Scout.

I mourned more over that bike at 18 than I have over the passing of many friends and relatives since.

Both bikes were recovered the following spring submerged and stripped at the bottom of launching ramp at a nearby lake. I still have the frame,cleaned and on blocks in a corner of the garage as a shrine.

A genuine tragedy. Commandos were the dog's bollocks. I had three of them. You just can't beat a long-stroke parallel twin for sheer eye-flattening grunt.

TJT
04-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Those things were road eaters. I grew up in the cult of Harley-Davidson and even those guys liked that bike.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Anyone one else on here own a motorcycle? Any of you girls like them? Thoughts, opinions? Do you move out of the way of them in traffic or do you block them from getting by?

I am always getting hit up for a ride by some girl or another, just curious what others think.

S

One thing alot of people dont know about me is that I can drive a motorcycle. The only thing I don't like about it is that if you wear a helmet It flattens your hair but if you don't after the ride you'd look like Peg Bundy! LOL :lol:

:P

~Kisses.

HTG

MacShreach
04-06-2007, 03:01 PM
One thing alot of people dont know about me is that I can drive a motorcycle. The only thing I don't like about it is that if you wear a helmet It flattens your hair but if you don't after the ride you'd look like Peg Bundy! LOL :lol:

:P

~Kisses.

HTG

You're into bikes? Cool!

:D

Aragon21
04-07-2007, 05:11 AM
From personal bad experiences, motorcycles scare the beejeezes out of me.

One time in college I borrowed a friends moped to run to my apartment real quick. The very first turn I took I ran straight into an oncoming car. I ripped off most of the skin on my lower leg. Who would've known that motor bikes didn't have power steering? :roll:

Also during college, a good friend of mine slammed into the back of a car, smashed his face guard, and punctured his throat with the plexiglass. If it weren't for the medical student that was nearby he would have drowned on his own blood. Quick thinking and a McDonald's straw are the only reason he is alive today.

After college I lived with this guy, his girlfriend, and another girl. The guy had a motorcycle and he was gonna teach us to ride it. So we were taking turns riding around the block. The girl (not his gf) went 1st...down the street, round the corner, back up the next street over, and :?: she never made it back to our street. She crashed the bike coming around the last turn breaking both her arms.

Still want to learn but I think a dirt bike and an area free of cars would be my best bet. :wink:

Taom
04-07-2007, 05:18 AM
your post reminds me of the first time i rode a dirt bike. it was only two years ago. a buddy of mine and i went out to a dirt track and the first turn i made on the course i went up the side of the track and out into a field. 5 minutes later i soared off the track and into the bleachers lol. after that i had it down and it was fun as hell.

goldensamba
04-07-2007, 07:11 AM
Those are hilarious stories (well all except the drowning in your own blood part)

I remeber my first freeway ride and i thought for sure I would shit myself before I made it to the office. Not to mention (yes this is a true story) a girl on a white Ninja with a pink helmet and teddy bear backpack blew past me like I was in reverse. from that day on I got over my fear. I had ridden dirt bikes but the freeway and street bikes a whole different ballgame. Now I am safe but I love to hit the throttle on open freeways and go to open track day. Street tracks are a blast. Nothing like dropping a knee in a turn and throwing a few sparks around.

I definitely have to check myself from time to time though because I have a speed fetish so if I am on the road and no one else is around I have no problem opening it up. Driving in LA traffic tends to test your riding skills more than most places so once you drive in this crap a few times you are an expert pretty much.

Those of us with bikes should meet up sometime and go for a ride. I wold venture to say any of you ladies who like bikes would have no problem finding one of us to bring you along!

TJT
04-07-2007, 07:55 AM
Don't be talkin' bad about Peg,Hara. She had the hottest ass on network TV in '89.

MacShreach
04-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Can I be a proper old bore and say to any beginners reading this "PLEASE GET SOME TRAINING BEFORE YOU GO OUT ON A MOTORCYCLE!"

Bikes are great-- this weekend is the first of biking summer for me and the bikes are coming out of the garage-- but they can also get you dead very quickly. And that is without taking into account the psychopaths in their cars.

Kriss
04-07-2007, 02:17 PM
So none of you guys feel deficient in any way? :twisted:

tonkatoy
04-07-2007, 05:49 PM
I have an old Suzuki 550 GSL, '82, not much of a bike really, i bought it becuase a girl I was chasing mentioned she liked riding. I wrecked it once, in my parking lot, by dumping the clutch with it revved and running into the back of a dumptruck. I was trying to get it running and the carbs were all gunked up. I never got the bike really running well because I knew due to poor judgment I would Darwinize myself. But i do like 4-wheelers and waverunners, i have a Yamaha 600 grizzly and a Yamaha 1200 and 800 waverunner. The waverunners are cool fun, the 1200 will go about 70 or so, and its stock, but its a lot of fun. I have never actually ridden the 800, i just got it so I wouldn't ave to share.

MacShreach
04-07-2007, 06:03 PM
So none of you guys feel deficient in any way? :twisted:

Nope.

TomSelis
04-07-2007, 07:28 PM
I have a '97 zx-6. Had it for about a year since I got my license. It's good to see some riders on here!

MacShreach
04-07-2007, 07:33 PM
I have a '97 zx-6. Had it for about a year since I got my license. It's good to see some riders on here!

Just got back from a quick zing up the Highlands on the Beemer. Brilliant. Get the Dookie out tomorrow maybe.

TomSelis
04-07-2007, 07:57 PM
It's a perfect riding day over here too. Everytime I hear a bike go by I want to grab the Shoei. Just need to get a little more work done.

kilrjo
04-07-2007, 11:21 PM
I've got a Honda VTX 1300, my 8th motorcycle.

Caff_Racer
04-08-2007, 12:46 AM
Haven't logged on in quite a while! Nice to see there are a few bikies on the site!

I've got a Triumph Thruxton 900 (I bet that'll interest you, goldensamba, see that you like the old caff racer style); I'll post a pic or two of when I have a bit of time. I ride all year round, whatever the weather, wouldn't have it any other way...

One thing alot of people dont know about me is that I can drive a motorcycle. The only thing I don't like about it is that if you wear a helmet It flattens your hair but if you don't after the ride you'd look like Peg Bundy! LOL

I don't want to sound like one of the IAM pipe & slippers brigade, but I think it's preferable to have "flat" hair than to risk serious brain injuries or even death. I've had two big shunts in my life and each time the fact that I was wearing a proper lid (plus other protective gear) saved my bacon. Another thing: I know quite a few women who ride big bikes, and they never complain about the crash hat ruining their hairdo; a small hairbrush stashed in the rucksack/bumbag/under the seat does wonders.... In my view, you should never ride a bike without wearing a helmet, a decent pair of gloves and a decent jacket with body armour. Oh, and a decent pair of shoes: no flip-flops or whatever...

Caff_Racer
04-08-2007, 01:40 AM
Well I've been trying to upload a pic of my bike from my hard drive, but I keep being told that I'm trying to upload an empty file :banghead ... If any techy types can give me any suggestions... For the rest, well just look at my avatar, that's a Triumph Thruxton right there!

hiwatt1000
04-08-2007, 01:46 AM
...bikes and chicks? isn't that supposed to be the combo, non? Ya-I ride street bikes and race ofroad...I have an Aprilia, CBR1000RR, CRF450X and two race-prepped XR650Rs...chixdigit...

goldensamba
04-09-2007, 06:54 AM
I do indeed love the cafe racer style. I happen to have a nice picture of the Thruxton here for you.

Caff_Racer
04-09-2007, 09:44 AM
Well my thruxton's black, though it's a bit rougher-looking than that one; in two years I've had four accidents, including a head-on shunt into a car. The bike is rebuilt and goes as good as ever: proof of Great British build quality, what?

scorpion
04-18-2007, 11:33 PM
I have a old HD flh hydra glide since 1956 a yellow beauty. The only problem is that I have not enoght time to use it. But I hope i gonna take a long ride on him this summer. 8)

mpcc2004
04-18-2007, 11:46 PM
I have a 2006 HD Road King Classic with a stage two kit. I like it because it fits me well (I'm 6'3" tall) and its great for around town and for being on the road for a week or more. This is my second Harley and fourth bike.