PDA

View Full Version : Good Friday?

insert_namehere
04-05-2007, 01:53 AM
You know... when you think about it... considering what the focus is....

... it's a real oxymoron.

BeardedOne
04-05-2007, 01:56 AM

Hey, even though I work on Saturday's as well, just about =ANY= Friday is good for me.

Oooh, reminds me...Friday is Hooter's nite! :peanutbutter

BeardedOne
04-05-2007, 01:58 AM
And no, the meaning of your post wasn't lost on me. I'm just a smarmy bahstid with a belly full o' beer right now.

Really, what's so 'good' about the day they offed the nicest guy in more than two millenia?

ezed
04-05-2007, 06:28 AM

Not for the four young authors who got there start as a result of it....Let's hear it for ....Matthew......Mark......Luke.......and last but not least..........Johnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Aragon21
04-05-2007, 06:45 AM
It is called Good Friday because he died! The prophecies of a messiah required him to be sacrificed and without his sacrifice he would just be a man. He died for all mankind's sins, thus it was a good thing.

Sorry not very religious but with my stepfather being a Lutheran pastor, I could ask all these questions and did.

jefff
04-05-2007, 11:07 AM
it's good friday(and monday) because it's two days off work which i still get paid for.

TGL
04-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Here (in Denmark) it's called Long Friday, which I guess covers it better. It must have been a very long day up there...