PDA

View Full Version : DJ Asia Has Been Shot and Killed

DJ_Asia
04-04-2007, 08:10 AM
I live on a small tropical island in southern Thailand and after awhile you get to know everyone and their business....think small town rural suburbia w/ coconut palms..

You mix in the Thais propensity for world class gossiping regardless if there is any truth to the gossip or not.

So mix all this together and imagine the shock on the face of Jim,the Thai woman who along w/ her sister runs the gym I train at here on the island when I walked in to train yesterday for the first time in 3 months..

Jim "Oh Mr. DJ you not dead?!"
me "not last time I checked"
Jim "Yes because many people say DJ was shot and killed @ Soi Green Mango..same same you..have tattoo,no hair, big body"
me "Nope...im still alive"
Jim "Okay...good...How are you?"

Writing it off as typical Thai nonsense I was told by a farang today the same damn story..and how he thought he was seeing a ghost..

3 months in NYC added fuel to the story,and im glad its not true...but it does feel weird to have died.

:lol:

suckseed
04-04-2007, 08:13 AM
Dude the title gave me a jolt!

tsntx
04-04-2007, 08:14 AM

co-sign lol

im glad youre not dead too... ;)

stillies77
04-04-2007, 08:15 AM
if this happened to me i would make them believe i am a ghost...then start running around in a ghost like costume caling myself the Asia Ghost haha

BeardedOne
04-04-2007, 08:18 AM
You can't imagine the shock I felt when I read the topic of this thread, until I saw the initial poster in the other column. :shock:

Jeez, guy. These things need to have a header like "Rumors of my demise have been greatly exagerated".

I'd noticed you hadn't posted in some time and put it down to another version of death, that created by the late Douglas Adams: "I've been spending a year dead for tax purposes"

I've tried that, but the damned Uncle still finds you. :?

Glad you're not dead. :D

DJ_Asia
04-04-2007, 08:19 AM

co-sign lol

im glad youre not dead too... ;)

Thanks that makes 3 of us!!!

TJT
04-04-2007, 08:27 AM
When I was in HS there was a rumor that a guy had been killed in a car wreck over the summer. He shows up at school one day in October and the place goes nuts.

He'd picked up a type of hepatitis while visiting his grandparents in Nicaragua that summer. He'd stayed down there until he was well enough to travel back to the States.

People need something to talk about. Glad to see your demise was exaggerated. Have some fun with it while you can.

hwbs
04-04-2007, 08:38 AM
good thing i got his cds b4 he was murdered...he cant take them with him if hes shot...im going to need a bigger ipod , lmfao.....

rvince
04-04-2007, 08:43 AM
...but it does feel weird to have died.

Ok, so now you can tell us:
Is God a male, female or shemale?!
PLEASE! :wink:

BeardedOne
04-04-2007, 09:38 AM
When I was in HS there was a rumor that a guy had been killed in a car wreck over the summer. He shows up at school one day in October and the place goes nuts.

I knew a fellow that had his brothers tell and old girlfriend that he'd died in a car accident out west in an effort to get her to stop hovering on the fringes of his life. He then laid low for a while figuring that she'd just fade off into history.

Unfortunately, he neglected two basic facts: The ex-girlfriend was very entrenched in the community/cultural circles in which we traveled and she soooooo loved to talk to people about the woes of her life. To say that the news of his unfortunate "death" spread fast and furious is far too much of an understatement. This was further fueled by the fact that she was a system administrator for a popular internet board at the time, so the news spread worldwide in a matter of minutes.

Not more than a day passed before his family started getting calls, faxes, emails, letters, and cards from all corners of the universe to console them in their "loss".

So, be careful who you tell when you go off and die. Word might get out.

BeardedOne
04-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Ok, so now you can tell us:
Is God a male, female or shemale?!
PLEASE!

Depending on who you ask, God is standing on either the left or the right of this picture :D :

XPBMX
04-04-2007, 09:48 AM
Well look at it this way, at least THEY are talking about YOU.

lewdguppy
04-04-2007, 10:40 AM
AGREED!

And Like Andy Warhol used to say, it's better to have people talk bad about you than to have nobody talking about you!

Welcome to this unofficial nonexisting club of people who're supposed to be dead.... :lol:
my death was predicted and I was cursed to death by some freakazoid moonie sectcrazy idiot when I was 19 or so, I was supposed to die before my 25th birthday.

welllll....I guess ol' Death has other prorities cause he's way over time. really way. :lol:

BeardedOne; love that movie! Dogma fuckin' ROCKS! best one Kevin Smith ever made.

btw he could be standing right in the middle, depending on who you ask....Alan Rickman's a really brilliant actor, you know :wink:

Coroner
04-04-2007, 03:24 PM
DJ Asia, that was the best opportunity to dissapear, got yourself a new identity and start a new life :D

Ecstatic
04-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Jeez, guy. These things need to have a header like "Rumors of my demise have been greatly exagerated".
B1, I had the feeling that you'd beat me to the punch on this line. DJ, glad to hear it's only a rumor. Must've be an odd feeling to have someone be surprised that you're not dead.

whatsupwithat
04-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Dude, welcome back!

RawNY
04-04-2007, 04:47 PM
I live on a small tropical island in southern Thailand and after awhile you get to know everyone and their business....think small town rural suburbia w/ coconut palms..

You mix in the Thais propensity for world class gossiping regardless if there is any truth to the gossip or not.

So mix all this together and imagine the shock on the face of Jim,the Thai woman who along w/ her sister runs the gym I train at here on the island when I walked in to train yesterday for the first time in 3 months..

Jim "Oh Mr. DJ you not dead?!"
me "not last time I checked"
Jim "Yes because many people say DJ was shot and killed @ Soi Green Mango..same same you..have tattoo,no hair, big body"

Writing it off as typical Thai nonsense I was told by a farang today the same damn story..and how he thought he was seeing a ghost..

3 months in NYC added fuel to the story,and im glad its not true...but it does feel weird to have died.

Yes, I checked, DJ Asia is dead, the post was Ghost written, lol

Quinn
04-04-2007, 05:02 PM
LOL... Look on the bright side: at least the rumor had you dying form being shot and not something completely ridiculous. For example, my wife's secretary recently lost her fiancé because he broke his neck – and died – trying to climb a chest high fence when he was drunk (unfortunately, this one was actually true, not just a rumor).

-Quinn

hondarobot
04-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Hmmm, that's a pretty crazy thing to have happen. I don't want to cause any alarm here, but have you checked your island for any secret hatches marked Dharma Initiative?

"See ya in another life, brother. . ."

:wink:

werwt22
04-04-2007, 05:13 PM
DJ ASIA HAS BEEN SHOT AND KILLED
-Author DJ Asia

LOL I figured it was suspect.

wendy48088
04-04-2007, 07:49 PM
* Deleted *

DJ_Asia
04-05-2007, 04:51 AM

Is it a good place to retire to?

I'm a few years away from possible early retirement, and it seems like the American dollar goes a long way there.

My situation would be a bit different than yours, however. I would be looking to get some facial / body surgery done to look much more passible, and to live as a woman (even as an obvious TG/TS woman) as much as possible.

I have read that they are more accepting of TGs/TSs over in Thailand. I also figure as an American expatriate we probably all look pretty much the same to them anyway...

Jim "Yes because many people say DJ was shot and killed...

What's the gun laws laws like over there? Can you legally own one for self defense? Also somewhat related - Is there a lot of that type of crime (armed robberies, shoot-outs) over there.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thailand is a cool place to live and many westerners(mostly men) retire here.
The USD doesnt go nearly as far here as it used to,but relatively speaking yeah its an inexpensive place to live.

Surgeries for the most part are a fraction of what you would pay in America....many girls come here to adjust this or inflate that.It helps to have some Thai friends when scheduling surgeries as there are 2 price tags on most everything here...the Thai price and everybody elses price... :frustrated

For the most part the Thais are accepting of TG's,and while there arent too many western girls here,Im sure you will find it to be alot less judgemental then America.

Guns...hmmm dont know...i dont own a gun myself,so I dont know the legality of them but im sure a Google will clarify that you.
Its a very safe place to live,I mean I was shot and killed 3 months ago and it made the island hotnews so that right there tells ya when someone gets killed its NEWS,at least in my area.
In BKK the police/army were shooting dead in the streets drug dealers...no arrests,no jail,no trial....just POW...youre dead...but that doesnt happen often.
There is some violence in the extreme south w/ yet another Muslim insurgency,but they seem happy killing other Thais..so far.

a994
04-05-2007, 09:13 AM
Add me to the list of those posters who are glad that you are still with us, DJ Asia. :D

And please don't ever scare us like that again, young man!

wendy48088
04-06-2007, 09:49 AM
* Deleted *