Last Sunday was Palm Sunday.
Friday this week is Black/Good Friday.
Sunday this coming week is Easter.

:?

~KIsses.

HTG

Aragon21
04-03-2007, 01:03 AM
Same on the Protstant calendar. Some years Eastern Orthodox is on a different Sunday, but this year everyone is April 8th.

Do Catholics celebrate Maundy Thursday? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maundy_Thursday

Do Catholics have Easter egg hunts?
http://www.woolfestival.com/articles/articles_images/eggdye4.gif

Just curious.

hwbs
04-03-2007, 01:09 AM
lmao...that the kit we used to use with my grandmother every easter,lol....now who is going to eat all those hard boiled eggs :puke

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-03-2007, 01:13 AM
Same on the Protstant calendar. Some years Eastern Orthodox is on a different Sunday, but this year everyone is April 8th.

Do Catholics celebrate Maundy Thursday? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maundy_Thursday

http://www.woolfestival.com/articles/articles_images/eggdye4.gif

Just curious.

LOL

Yes we do. Egghunts are fun when you're a kid! :P

lmao...that the kit we used to use with my grandmother every easter,lol....now who is going to eat all those hard boiled eggs :puke

Turn them into egg salad sanwiches! LOL Hmm..Yummie! ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

biguy4tvtscd
04-03-2007, 01:45 AM
Just curious.

I'm not speaking for all Catholics (actually, given that I have completely renounced religion in general, I probably can't speak for ANY catholics...lol), but growing up as a Roman Catholic, hunting easter eggs was totally acceptable, and quite common.

Maybe in other parts of the U.S./World there are Catholics who think the easter bunny and hiding eggs are blasphemous, but here on Long Island, it was part and parcel of the holiday.

I mean seriously, how else are you going to get children excited for a holiday, unless there's something in it for them (in this case, gobs and gobs of chocolate.)

Aragon21
04-03-2007, 01:47 AM
Yes we do. Egghunts are fun when you're a kid! :P

Turn them into egg salad sanwiches! LOL Hmm..Yummie! ;)

Yes! Egg salad sandwiches!

Yeah Hollywood, I included the package instead of just eggs because I think Paas has some kind of monopoly on egg dye. :lol: I think it is time for a congressional hearing on it. :roll:

sucka4chix
04-03-2007, 02:52 AM
Anyone on here observes it?

For Catholics:

Last Sunday was Palm Sunday.
Friday this week is Black/Good Friday.
Sunday this coming week is Easter.

:?

~KIsses.

HTG
I feel bad my mom had to tell me last Sunday was Palm Sunday! This is supposed to be the Holiest of Holi-days. I'm Protestant and it was never presented to me that way.But yes I observe it!!!
And I hated egg hunts... I was always the kid they had to GIVE eggs to!!!

Taom
04-03-2007, 02:54 AM
mmmm egg salad sandwiches....

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-03-2007, 03:04 AM

Aww..My 1st egghunt was great. I think I won some toaster or blender (cant recall now tho). LOL :lol:

I know my mom was all happy about it when I brought it home from church (The parents went home ahead after the mass). LOL :lol:

;)

~Kisses.

HTG

sucka4chix
04-03-2007, 03:20 AM

Aww..My 1st egghunt was great. I think I won some toaster or blender (cant recall now tho). LOL :lol:

I know my mom was all happy about it when I brought it home from church (The parents went home ahead after the mass). LOL :lol:

;)

~Kisses.

HTG
Wow! A toaster! how cool is that! You musta got a whole lotta eggs! Did you have a special technique? I guess I was just Charlie Brown!

Taom
04-03-2007, 03:21 AM
I still love to put on an easter egg hunt for my nephew and niece. pretty much the only reason, other than family gathering, that I do easter anymore

Quinn
04-03-2007, 03:26 AM
I used to love Easter as a kid. My parents may not have done much else right, but they always did fun things for the holidays, including Easter egg hunts for myself and other local kids on Easter. Good stuff...

-Quinn

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-03-2007, 03:30 AM
Nah..LOL You just got to find that special egg with special markings on them = the prize. :P

~Kisses.

HTG

alwaysforyou
04-03-2007, 03:31 AM
This may sound ignorant but what the hell. I think that many of these deeply religous people are insecure and need to believe in a higher being so that they have a reason to go through life. My example the infamous god warrior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCODIhAXbQM

sorry i don't know how to make a link to it

alwaysforyou
04-03-2007, 03:31 AM
i guess i do know how to make it a link

Aragon21
04-03-2007, 03:33 AM
Nah..LOL You just got to find that special egg with special markings on them = the prize. :P

The specal egg! Yes! I forgot about that 1. We had prizes for a gold-foiled, silver-foiled, and most eggs in your basket. :D

(Go Gators! :wink: )

Taom
04-03-2007, 03:35 AM
I've never had any experience with any "special egg" we always had lots of eggs, and no prices for finding a certain 'special' egg

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-03-2007, 03:46 AM
This may sound ignorant but what the hell. I think that many of these deeply religous people are insecure and need to believe in a higher being so that they have a reason to go through life. My example the infamous god warrior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCODIhAXbQM

sorry i don't know how to make a link to it

I agree with you alwaysforyou. Like politicians making a speech about family values etc. Those who blatantly profess their religion are often than not the one's with alot of skeleton's in their closets and are full of shits! LOL :lol:

It's sad but it's true!

;)

~Kisses.

HTG

flabbybody
04-03-2007, 03:56 AM
Hara
what are Jewish people supposed to do during this Christian ritual?
My mother makes me travel to her house in the Bronx and she feeds me with fat and carbs for Passover stuff and I still don't understand anything.

is Easter/Passover a happy holiday or sad? what exactly are we celebrating?

alwaysforyou
04-03-2007, 04:04 AM
passover is about the exodus from egypt in which the jews were oppressed for many years.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
04-03-2007, 04:08 AM
Hara
what are Jewish people supposed to do during this Christian ritual?
My mother makes me travel to her house in the Bronx and she feeds me with fat and carbs for Passover stuff and I still don't understand anything.

is Easter/Passover a happy holiday or sad? what exactly are we celebrating?

My ex bf was jewish. I remember me and him going to their house out in Long Island and his mom makes big matzo balls (It's a big feast). LOL :lol:

;)

~Kisses.

HTG